Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Reaper of Souls F.A.Q & Chat
Note: page is updating with new info, so please revisit for new info.
Wow this expansion seems really cool!
Reaper of Souls Videos
- Full Presentation Video from Gamescom 2013
- Reaper of Souls Site Live Now!
- Unique pictures from Box-art, Crusader, Matheal
Loot 2.0 Video
Crusader Gameplay video:
Q & A for many unanswered questions:
Added many crusader active & passive skills:
- Core System Changes is FREE in a patch before expansion - confirmed by Blizzard.
That is loot 2.0, paragon 2.0, Nephalim Trials & Loot Runs
- Armor renamed to Toughness (probably resist + armor combine)
NEW Level cap 70!
- So every class gets more skills, runes. (expansion exclusive only)
- Items level cap ilvl 70
- No paragon level caps
- Account wide paragon points
- All existing paragon experience for each account will be consolidated and paragon points will be given
- Paragon points can be spent on customising stats
- So far, 4 stats
Intelligence +5 [0/50].
Strength +5 [0/50].
Dexterity +5 [0/50].
Vitality +5 [0/50].
Crit Chance +0.2% [0/50].
Crit Damage +1% [0/50].
Attack Speed +0.2% [0/50].
Cooldown Reduction +0.2% [0/50].
Health % [0/50].
Resist All [0/50].
Dodge % [0/50].
Block Chance % [0/50].
Movement Speed [0/50].
Gold Pick-up Radius [0/50].
-Points/stats can be reset, meaning u can reset your allocation and reassign to another stat
NEW Crusader class (expansion exclusive only)
- Mid-range melee character
- Similar to D2 paladin
- Resource System: Wrath
- Main stat: Strength
- Special Item: Crusader Shield
- Can use flails
- Skill Categories: Primary, Secondary, Defensive, Utility, Laws, Conviction
- Active Skills: Sweep Attack, Shield Glare, Judgement, Laws of Justice, Heaven's Fury, Consecration, Shield Bash, Fist of the Heavens, Blessed Shield, Blessed Hammer
Secondary Active Skills: Shield Bash, Fist of the Heavens, Sweep Attack, Blessed Shield, Blessed Hammer, Fist of the Heavens Skill Runes: Tempest of the Heavens, Well of Retribution, Lightning Rod, Reverberation]
- Passive Skills: Indestructible, Wrathful, Wrecking Ball, Against All Odds, Finery, Heavenly Strength, Holy Cause, Vigilant, Long, Arm of the Law, Stand Your Ground
NEW Act V (expansion exclusive only)
- Same size of act II
- Pandemonium Fortress.
- Not much known but it will be darker, random dungeons etc.
- Transitions between internal and external places is more seamless
- Zakarum Cathedral
- Death Maiden lies in there
- Darker expansion
- The Wolf Gate
- Random Dungeons, Monster Spawns & New Quests
- Loot drop less, but much more useful
- Smart drops, every time a loot is dropped it has chance to have increased stats
- Comparing original D3 and the expansion - in Act 3 you'd find 256 common, 399 blue, 275 yellow and one legendary.
- In Reaper of Souls, it could be 73 white items, 266 blues and 83 yellow items - but there's more chance they'll be smart drops. + 6 LEGENDARIES
- Loot Runs are 15-20 minutes dungeons that are completely randomized.
- Legendaries has special abilities for class skills:
Wizard's legendary wand now has a greater chance of summoning Hydras
- New Gem Diamond
Weapon - Increases Damage Against Elites By X%.
Helmet - Reduces Cooldown of All Skills by X%.
Other - +X Resistance to All Elements.
Loot runs, bounties & exploration
Loot runs: Total random dungeon where everything is random, monsters, bosses, layout, drops, weather etc, can be multiple levels and approx. 10-15 min pr run.
- Summoner of Death
- Death Maiden
New Affix: Crossfire
New Artisan: (expansion exclusive only)
- Can transmogrify your items or enchant
- Reroll an affix in a rare of legendary item
- Sodding the black soulstone
- Maltheal, the Angel of Death is a sod
- Matheal is back in eternal conflict
- Matheal can turn dead against loved ones
- You can see Malthael's look he is miserable
- He can drain soul and is death incarnate
- He has angel wings
- Main prime evil?
Transcript (Full Details)
RMAH will stay
Common white can be salved to crafting materials
New crafting reagents / crafting planes
Beta hopefully to start end of 2013
- Nephalem Valor now stacks from very early levels
- Release date 2014
- Changes to chat & UI system
- Current least-used skills will receive a boost
Still many unanswered questions:
- PvP still being discussed
- No news about Ladder yet (i imagine this is battle.net feature coming)
- Nothing said about self found mode also
- What about magic find & gold find?
- Nothing about rune/charm system
- Possible stash size increase & new character slot in expansion, not confirmed.
- Open world?
Official Game features:
• The Crusader enters the fray, joining ranks with the Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Wizard, Monk, and Demon Hunter
• Level cap increased to 70, enabling players to reach new heights of power
• Act V continues the story where it left off in Diablo III, taking players from the legendary city of Westmarch to the unhallowed halls of the Pandemonium Fortress
• Two new game modes–Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials–provide fun and rewarding objective-based challenges
• Upgrades to Diablo III’s Paragon progression system add even more end-game character advancement and replayability
• Newly designed loot system drops “fewer, but better” items, rewarding players with useful upgrades
• Collect rare items of unprecedented power, including game-changing Legendaries
• New spells and abilities for each of the game’s five original heroes
• A new menagerie of fiendish monsters slavering for the chance to feast upon Sanctuary’s heroes
#12 Updated 29 august with latest info.
#11 Add Q & A : http://diablo3x.com/reaper-of-souls-q-a-what-we-can-expect-in-future-of-ros/
#10 Added monsters
#9 Added blue posts, confirms that core system changes is FREE, scroll down to post 4
#8 Added unique pictures of Box-art, Crusader, Matheal + Crusader skill trees
#7 Added Fact Sheet
#6 Reaper of Souls F.A.Q (coming soon)
#5 Press Coverage (coming soon)
#4 Added transcript
#3 Added pics
#2 Unanswered questions
Read more about Reaper of Souls:
Updated 29 august 2013.
Edited by brugs#1178 on 29/08/2013 22:21 BST
From what i figure he is actually there and is updating this post every 2 minutes. So hushhh and enjoy ;)...
Edit: By there i mean Gamescom Booth where Blizzard are presenting this in front of the press - if you look at his profile - MVP poster from a Fansite ergo a guy from the press.
Edited by Hazael#2157 on 21/08/2013 10:46 BST
100% for sure from press conference LIVE UPDATE
The defeat of Diablo, Lord of Terror, should have given rise to an age of hope. Instead, it has drawn out a shadowy being of immense power, whose malevolent purpose is yet to be revealed. Reaper of Souls™, the upcoming expansion to Blizzard Entertainment’s epic action-RPG Diablo® III, opens a dark and terrifying new chapter in the ongoing conflict over the mortal realm of Sanctuary.
Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, vanished long ago. In Reaper of Souls, he returns as the Angel of Death and seizes the Black Soulstone, which contains the essence of the Prime Evil. Should this dark power be unleashed upon the world, the results would be catastrophic. Fortunately, a new hero is ready to join the cause and bring Malthael to justice—the Crusader. Clad in massive armor and bearing an impenetrable shield, this new playable class charges into battle wielding a range of cruel and punishing weapons and employing powerful battle magic to strengthen allies and weaken foes. As a nigh unstoppable force of armored destruction, the Crusader adds strength and versatility to any party of adventurers.
For further details about Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, visit http://www.diablo3.com/reaperofsouls
Edited by brugs#1178 on 29/08/2013 22:28 BST
"Loot drops less, but the drops are better and more meaningful."
"You'll get Smart Drops - every time one drops, there's a chance its stats are tweaked to suit the character you're playing."
Edited by D3MON#2220 on 21/08/2013 11:00 BST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.