Note: page is updating with new info, so please revisit for new info.
Wow this expansion seems really cool!
Reaper of Souls Videos
- Full Presentation Video from Gamescom 2013
- Reaper of Souls Site Live Now!
- Unique pictures from Box-art, Crusader, Matheal
Loot 2.0 Video
Crusader Gameplay video:
Q & A for many unanswered questions:
Added many crusader active & passive skills:
- Core System Changes is FREE in a patch before expansion - confirmed by Blizzard.
That is loot 2.0, paragon 2.0, Nephalim Trials & Loot Runs
- Armor renamed to Toughness (probably resist + armor combine)
NEW Level cap 70!
- So every class gets more skills, runes. (expansion exclusive only)
- Items level cap ilvl 70
- No paragon level caps
- Account wide paragon points
- All existing paragon experience for each account will be consolidated and paragon points will be given
- Paragon points can be spent on customising stats
- So far, 4 stats
Intelligence +5 [0/50].
Strength +5 [0/50].
Dexterity +5 [0/50].
Vitality +5 [0/50].
Crit Chance +0.2% [0/50].
Crit Damage +1% [0/50].
Attack Speed +0.2% [0/50].
Cooldown Reduction +0.2% [0/50].
Health % [0/50].
Resist All [0/50].
Dodge % [0/50].
Block Chance % [0/50].
Movement Speed [0/50].
Gold Pick-up Radius [0/50].
-Points/stats can be reset, meaning u can reset your allocation and reassign to another stat
NEW Crusader class (expansion exclusive only)
- Mid-range melee character
- Similar to D2 paladin
- Resource System: Wrath
- Main stat: Strength
- Special Item: Crusader Shield
- Can use flails
- Skill Categories: Primary, Secondary, Defensive, Utility, Laws, Conviction
- Active Skills: Sweep Attack, Shield Glare, Judgement, Laws of Justice, Heaven's Fury, Consecration, Shield Bash, Fist of the Heavens, Blessed Shield, Blessed Hammer
Secondary Active Skills: Shield Bash, Fist of the Heavens, Sweep Attack, Blessed Shield, Blessed Hammer, Fist of the Heavens Skill Runes: Tempest of the Heavens, Well of Retribution, Lightning Rod, Reverberation]
- Passive Skills: Indestructible, Wrathful, Wrecking Ball, Against All Odds, Finery, Heavenly Strength, Holy Cause, Vigilant, Long, Arm of the Law, Stand Your Ground
NEW Act V (expansion exclusive only)
- Same size of act II
- Pandemonium Fortress.
- Not much known but it will be darker, random dungeons etc.
- Transitions between internal and external places is more seamless
- Zakarum Cathedral
- Death Maiden lies in there
- Darker expansion
- The Wolf Gate
- Random Dungeons, Monster Spawns & New Quests
- Loot drop less, but much more useful
- Smart drops, every time a loot is dropped it has chance to have increased stats
- Comparing original D3 and the expansion - in Act 3 you'd find 256 common, 399 blue, 275 yellow and one legendary.
- In Reaper of Souls, it could be 73 white items, 266 blues and 83 yellow items - but there's more chance they'll be smart drops. + 6 LEGENDARIES
- Loot Runs are 15-20 minutes dungeons that are completely randomized.
- Legendaries has special abilities for class skills:
Wizard's legendary wand now has a greater chance of summoning Hydras
- New Gem Diamond
Weapon - Increases Damage Against Elites By X%.
Helmet - Reduces Cooldown of All Skills by X%.
Other - +X Resistance to All Elements.
Loot runs, bounties & exploration
Loot runs: Total random dungeon where everything is random, monsters, bosses, layout, drops, weather etc, can be multiple levels and approx. 10-15 min pr run.
- Summoner of Death
- Death Maiden
New Affix: Crossfire
New Artisan: (expansion exclusive only)
- Can transmogrify your items or enchant
- Reroll an affix in a rare of legendary item
- Sodding the black soulstone
- Maltheal, the Angel of Death is a sod
- Matheal is back in eternal conflict
- Matheal can turn dead against loved ones
- You can see Malthael's look he is miserable
- He can drain soul and is death incarnate
- He has angel wings
- Main prime evil?
Transcript (Full Details)
RMAH will stay
Common white can be salved to crafting materials
New crafting reagents / crafting planes
Beta hopefully to start end of 2013
- Nephalem Valor now stacks from very early levels
- Release date 2014
- Changes to chat & UI system
- Current least-used skills will receive a boost
Still many unanswered questions:
- PvP still being discussed
- No news about Ladder yet (i imagine this is battle.net feature coming)
- Nothing said about self found mode also
- What about magic find & gold find?
- Nothing about rune/charm system
- Possible stash size increase & new character slot in expansion, not confirmed.
- Open world?
Official Game features:
• The Crusader enters the fray, joining ranks with the Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Wizard, Monk, and Demon Hunter
• Level cap increased to 70, enabling players to reach new heights of power
• Act V continues the story where it left off in Diablo III, taking players from the legendary city of Westmarch to the unhallowed halls of the Pandemonium Fortress
• Two new game modes–Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials–provide fun and rewarding objective-based challenges
• Upgrades to Diablo III’s Paragon progression system add even more end-game character advancement and replayability
• Newly designed loot system drops “fewer, but better” items, rewarding players with useful upgrades
• Collect rare items of unprecedented power, including game-changing Legendaries
• New spells and abilities for each of the game’s five original heroes
• A new menagerie of fiendish monsters slavering for the chance to feast upon Sanctuary’s heroes
#12 Updated 29 august with latest info.
#11 Add Q & A : http://diablo3x.com/reaper-of-souls-q-a-what-we-can-expect-in-future-of-ros/
#10 Added monsters
#9 Added blue posts, confirms that core system changes is FREE, scroll down to post 4
#8 Added unique pictures of Box-art, Crusader, Matheal + Crusader skill trees
#7 Added Fact Sheet
#6 Reaper of Souls F.A.Q (coming soon)
#5 Press Coverage (coming soon)
#4 Added transcript
#3 Added pics
#2 Unanswered questions
Read more about Reaper of Souls:
Updated 29 august 2013.