Diablo® III

Reaper of Souls the Next Expansion for Diablo 3 F.A.Q

(Locked)

After a year of playing, I am half a level away from PL100.

Please tell me that this effort is not equal to the effort it will take to get 5x characters to PLevel 20?

Because that will really piss me off.

Other than that niggle, the Expac looks amazing!

No that's not how it works.

it accumulates experience, not flat levels.

So 5 paragon20 characters would equate to around paragon 65 or so. Likewise with the removed level cap, 2x paragon 100 characters would equate to paragon 124 or so.

I'm pretty sure they will change the scaling though as otherwise it would be way too hard to earn a good number of points. For example, paragon 300 is the equivalent of around 600x P100 characters with current scaling.. O_O

So yeah, it's likely your paragon 100 will actually equate to way more than that if the scaling is expanded.
I got a question about paragon 2.0 for HC

will the new paragon system count the dead HC characters in hall of the dead heroes toward the account total of paragon levels ?

+1

I asked this question a while ago but didn't phrase it such as this.

We need to know, because we don't want to be deleting characters from the fallen heroes if their paragons would've been taken into account!!!!!

Before someone gives us the answer yes, here's the source. We mean characters that are CURRENTLY dead not that will die after paragon 2.0 goes live.

Thanks.
Seriously, the amount of moaning about an expansion that sounds as if they've addressed a lot of things which bother us, before it's even nearly finished, is astounding :(

People rightly moaned about the itemization... seems it will be a lot better. D2 players in particular moaned about lack of customization... well we get that with Paragon 2.0. People were waiting for the mystic... well she's coming!

Minor !@#$%ing like "Why isn't there a necromancer?" or "Why don't they get rid of the AH?" is just pointless. I cannot wait for this expansion. It will be great.
new Diamond gem

helm = +X% cooldown reduction
weapon = +% elite damage
armor = +all resist

Source? I'll add if you can confirm.

Question to Blizzard:
What will happens with Magic Find & Gold Find after Paragon 2.0, they don't seems to show up in the new paragon UI?

Apparently you'll have to use your paragon points to increase them. Think of it this way : Paragon 1.0 assumes that you put all your points into MF & GF, whereas in 2.0 you'll be able to choose where to put them. That's the way I see it according to everything I've seen / read anyways.

Also, if that's true about the Diamond, it's pretty nice. All those bonuses are good so choosing one over the other will be a pleasant dilemna :)
Edited by ArmorVil#2795 on 23/08/2013 20:14 BST
Tell me if I'm blind, but I can't see any form of hint to when it will be released, I hope not too long (like when D3 was announced and it took like 3-4 years for it to actually come out :P)
After a year of playing, I am half a level away from PL100.

Please tell me that this effort is not equal to the effort it will take to get 5x characters to PLevel 20?

Because that will really piss me off.

Other than that niggle, the Expac looks amazing!

No that's not how it works.

it accumulates experience, not flat levels.

So 5 paragon20 characters would equate to around paragon 65 or so. Likewise with the removed level cap, 2x paragon 100 characters would equate to paragon 124 or so.

I'm pretty sure they will change the scaling though as otherwise it would be way too hard to earn a good number of points. For example, paragon 300 is the equivalent of around 600x P100 characters with current scaling.. O_O

So yeah, it's likely your paragon 100 will actually equate to way more than that if the scaling is expanded.

Aaah, awesome!
23/08/2013 13:10Posted by Durrs
i love everyones excitement over nothing

I love your hate and frustration.
I got a question about paragon 2.0 for HC

will the new paragon system count the dead HC characters in hall of the dead heroes toward the account total of paragon levels ?

Lylirra's Twitter says that they are thinking/talking about this at Blizz but nothing definate yet.

Could be some thing as simple as "enchant by reroll an affix in a rare of legendary item." making them bind to account ?

Pretty much this.

Things are still eligible to change, but as it is right now, items will bind to your account when you use the Mystic to enchant them.

Thank you!! Keep it that way. It will help maintain a healthy economy not dominated by the AH and 'flipping'. Really looking forward to the changes you guys are making to help the average Joe not interested in the AH but interested in being rewarded by grinding and truly enjoy the game as much as it can. We want RoS!
Questions:

-Will we be able to send Paragon points or experience across regions at all? Or is this whole feature still land-locked as ever?

Really hate that I can't enjoy this game globally with as much effort I have put into it.

-Are we going to get more difficult monster levels? With the new Paragon system we are naturally going to see uber gosu players who will faceroll MP10 without trying. There has to be something to keep the challenge going not just loot and character improvement. That's would be my big motivation to keep improving atleast.
Edited by xios#1958 on 23/08/2013 21:31 BST
Any idea how how much % cooldown and elite damage and how much all resist per gem in armor?
Anything new about set Items? Put together they should be far more valuable to a character than they are now.
I also found this:
http://i.imgur.com/NLhvjyR.jpg

Seems to be 3 new modes, loot runs, bounties and exploration?

Something called adventure mode?
http://i.imgur.com/4s7oELE.png

Private games & public games also.
what does RoS mean???
23/08/2013 23:28Posted by Inheritor
what does RoS mean???

face 2the palm
Its good to have one new class but I would want more is the new skills for the new level cap would also restructure all skills for each class. seriously.. some skills are not used at all, or just useless and not worth using.
21/08/2013 21:50Posted by Kirtswall
I wouldn't say that, but I don't think they go far enough. The new paragon system is an OCD wet dream, but doesn't offer valuable customisation because it's just an infinite stat dump (unless you can do more than just get + stats), the trait system - scrapped before launch - was far more interesting and influential when it came to character permanency (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Z7mTfLV5g).

What is that great game they are talking about? Here I use all my time on Diablo - and I hear about this great game... My ohh my - it sounds awesome.

Peace be unto you
- No-Thing
Looks solid, something to play until Elder Scroll Online.
I don't get this: According to the movie Loot 2,.0 the drop is configured like 265/399/279/1, right?

I have a few toons, one 60 (1) barb, 1 DH level 32, 1WD 52, and a Wizz lvl 32.
For ME!!! the droprate is more like 400/600/25'ish/0.
NONE of my characters had a single Legendary as drop so far, and yellow is very rare to me as well.
If said numbers 'are fixed' but with random drop generation, I should have had a quite few Rares, no?

Not to mention few Legendarys as drop?

IMHO, the mentioned numbers are totaly made up, and if Loot 2.0 is based upon the current system, I will be a very unlucky player indeed.

I do wonder where those numbers came from.
Thumb sucking? o_O

Thank you for the vids, they were interesting, awaiting the addons.

One thing though... imho... many, if not all, will be running the dungeon constantly, and nothing BUT the dungeon...
What will the strain be on the servers?
Just curious...
I have a few toons, one 60 (1) barb, 1 DH level 32, 1WD 52, and a Wizz lvl 32.
For ME!!! the droprate is more like 400/600/25'ish/0.

He's talking about a character with a paragonlvl of 40, so: less whites & blues and more rares
And you do now its an avarage, right?
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]