Diablo® III

difficulty setting

Hi All,

Got bored with my wizard on PC before they released the monster power patch so this master level thing is all new to me on the console version. From a difficulty perspective im guessing complete everything to inferno then start using the master settings? Or is there a reason to use master settings once you have unlocked them in nightmare and hell etc?

Thanks
Reply Quote
well try and die? ;)
Edited by Kotor#2177 on 10/09/2013 19:30 BST
Reply Quote
how more xp do you get on each master difficulty?
Reply Quote
@kotor not really my question. I can do nightmare master 1 with my wizard but was slow and hard, is there a reason to do it or should use the settings later?
Reply Quote
That's my plan, rush through normal, nightmare and hell, and then start with monster levels in inferno, where all the good stuff's at anyway:P
Reply Quote
Depends how you like your game. I think a lot of people sped through Normal - Hell on easy just to get to Inferno so they could start grinding MP's but others may want to ramp up the difficulty for the added challenge and bragging rights if you get an achievement for it.. not sure lol

Once you get to inferno You'll be 60 anyway, so it'll all be about gearing and gaining paragon xp and while choosing between easy and hard makes no change aside from difficulty. Pumping up the monster level increases xp output from monsters, but also gold and magic find for everyone playing the game.

So it's really a risk vs reward feature that makes the game more interesting. You can either Burn through inferno on Easy with your standard drop rates.. or you can take the challenge, move more tactfully but with a much higher chance of getting some decent drops and xp for your character.
Reply Quote
I have been doing everything on medium so far currently in inferno. Will burn through it all on that and turn on harder difficulties in inferno then, thanks for the comments.
Reply Quote
I played the game in medium then when I started farm runs I switched between the master to find what fits me best for now.

And you can use the mastersettings on low levels when some powerlevels you.
Reply Quote
I had been taking my time and did master level 1 once I reached level 10. Just started hell mode and am level 55 and it is now going a lot slower at that level so will probably take it down to medium and blow through hell mode real quick and turn it back up to master 1 in inferno.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 19:35Posted by Bytemare

Had this saved from a blue post somewhere.
Master I: +60% Magic Find, +60% Gold Find, +120% XP Bonus
Master II: +70% Magic Find, +70% Gold Find, +140% XP Bonus
Master III: +80% Magic Find, +80% Gold Find, +160% XP Bonus
Master IV: +90% Magic Find, +90% Gold Find, +180% XP Bonus
Master V: +100% Magic Find, +100% Gold Find, +200% XP Bonus
Reply Quote
I play medium with my wizzard on normal mode and as so far im doing good. I will give it a try with hard today :D
Reply Quote
16/09/2013 10:37Posted by phyber

Had this saved from a blue post somewhere.
Master I: +60% Magic Find, +60% Gold Find, +120% XP Bonus
Master II: +70% Magic Find, +70% Gold Find, +140% XP Bonus
Master III: +80% Magic Find, +80% Gold Find, +160% XP Bonus
Master IV: +90% Magic Find, +90% Gold Find, +180% XP Bonus
Master V: +100% Magic Find, +100% Gold Find, +200% XP Bonus

But is there a difference in MF and EXP on easy - medium, and hard levels?

Right now I play inferno on easy because I read somewhere there is no difference in drops, exp etc. But Master I is still a little bit too tough for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]