Diablo® III

Why does Blizzard have to put a Ladder in Xpac?

I have played countless hours on this game; gaining paragon levels and grinding for endless hours only to be kicked to the curb by the people talking about how Blizzard plans to implement a Ladder. I feel cheated, because of all the people who bad mouthed the game since launch i have been a loyal player and kept at it because i enjoyed it. I almost have my 4th Paragon level 100 and i feel like if blizzard makes a ladder i wont even get to enjoy my paragon points to the fullest extent because everyone will be starting from scratch.

If i put in the hours to play the game and worked hard at it why should I be pushed aside while other players who quit or do not hardly play get a new playing system that allows them to feel like they can now compete? I feel that players should be rewarded for putting in those long hours of grinding paragon levels. I mean what gives? This is one of the worst decisions Blizzard could possibly make for an Xpac, i mean if they wanted a ladder in their game why couldn't they just make one at launch? Now i will have to sit back and watch all my old Toons collect dust because I will be minority if everyone plays Ladder and that is no fun.

I wouldn't mind ladder but blizzard should at least let us use our paragon points we have worked so hard for. I have a lot of friends who are disappointed with the ladder announcement because we have all put in so many hours and hard work and now its starting to feel like it was all for nothing.
I hope some of you can relate, and to anybody who says nobody is forcing you to play ladder that just is not a fair argument. I will be forced to play it if all my friends do and everyone else does. Can anybody please give me some good news about this?
Edited by spectr3#1843 on 17/10/2013 14:16 BST
Reply Quote
u have lot of friends who don't like ladder, so u will have lot friends to play with nonladder in expansion
Reply Quote
Dont worry.. I wont be playing ladder either.. :)
Reply Quote
Play ladder or don't play ladder, no one cares.
Reply Quote
I guess what i am trying to say is why does blizzard make a game and then completely trash all progress and time spent playing with a Ladder system? Nobody is going to go back to Non-ladder if Ladder is the newest edition. So that means that just like in Diablo 2 when they added the ladder feature, everybody moved to ladder and nobody played non-ladder and the players who did barely played it.

Its sad to see that this game will have ladder seasons and all old toons will just be left in the dark once a new season begins thus forcing us to delete old toons to make room for new ones or accounts overflowing with mules of non-ladder gear that rolled over after ladder season that nobody will want anymore. Don't you see a problem?
Edited by spectr3#1843 on 17/10/2013 14:37 BST
Reply Quote
17/10/2013 14:36Posted by spectr3
Nobody is going to go back to Non-ladder if Ladder is the newest edition.

Actually, some polls show that the player base is split in half. Almost exactly 50% will play ladder and the other 50% will play non-ladder. So I don't see why you're being such a crybaby about it. You're not forced to play ladder, you know.
Reply Quote
How can there be polls for something that does not even exist yet? If you make a reply saying there are polls at least link some proof otherwise it is just rubbish. Even if there was a poll asking players who will play ladder and who won't how can that data even be taken seriously?

I mean the xpac isn't out until March and you are saying people have made a decision 5 months ahead of time of what they are going to do? I am against the Ladder decision because i want to benefit from my play progress i have now, i don't think there is anything wrong with that. I need more constructive people to share their opinions, yours' simply are not.
Edited by spectr3#1843 on 17/10/2013 14:51 BST
Reply Quote
Dude, chill. First of all you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what the "ladder" is gonna be like. It could be the d2 system where they reset the ladder every X amount of time or it can be some kind of poe type races or something completely different. And obviously depending on the type of ladder the non-ladder is gonna have bigger or smaller part in the game as a whole. So just wait for blizzard to actually anounce the ladder and all the specifics for it before you start wining. Second of all I can assure you that at least 1/3 of the people that buy the game are gonna play non-ladder most of the time. So even if there is a ladder and even if it is d2 type system(which I think is worst case for you) you still gonna have plenty of people to play with.
Reply Quote
Okay, well I hope you are right, that is all i was asking for was some logical responses but even you have to say that i am whining. I am expressing my opinion in aim to hear some hope about the future ladder. Since nobody knows what can happen yet, I will hope for the best.
Edited by spectr3#1843 on 17/10/2013 15:00 BST
Reply Quote
Did you know that the upcoming ladder IS OPTIONABLE!!
Reply Quote
how the fu*k will you not benefit from your progression untill now?

How the hell can you bring in arguments about something that hasn't even been launched.
I'm so sick of you god damn clairvoyants spewing sh*t all over the place with this crap.
Wait for it, see how it is, how it changes the game, then you can have your spoiled brat rants all over the forums.
Untill then all the information you post is useless to everyone, especially in the case that you don't understand what ladder means and you don't understand that NOT everyone will join the ladder OR will play only ladder.

Hold on, hold on, you are way out of line here. What is making you so angry? You say I do not know what ladder means? Do you? Didn't think so. You say not everyone will play it? Maybe not right away but when it remains out for a long period of time people will move to it. I will have my old characters i stated that in first post so thanks for re-clarifying the fact that i will keep my old toons. These forums are for general discussion, not a place to curse people out and flip out on everybody. So please do relax.

I can bring arguments about the ladder simply because of my experience with ladders in the previous diablo game, and though it was a lot of fun then it does not mean we need the same concept in D3. I made this thread in hopes that someone may have some insight on the upcoming ladder patch. You need to stop posting in this thread you lack the playtime and paragon levels to even consider what i am trying to say here. Plz do not spew your insults here in hopes some people will feel bad for you and your miserable life, the forums is not a place for you.
Reply Quote
17/10/2013 18:03Posted by spectr3
I can bring arguments about the ladder simply because of my experience with ladders in the previous diablo game, and though it was a lot of fun then it does not mean we need the same concept in D3

Exactly, but there is no point in discussing something or requesting things that have no official information released about it.

I made this thread in hopes that someone may have some insight on the upcoming ladder patch

I think you are refering to blue's here so good luck on getting one of the blues disclosing unofficial information.

You need to stop posting in this thread you lack the playtime and paragon levels to even consider what i am trying to say here.

haha, this always amuses me, having a job and not being able to play 10+hours per day might be the reasong for my low playtime and paragon, but hey, i'm sure you;re one of the elite guys and don't discuss anything with anyone unless they have 1000+ hours of playtime, my honest apologies for not playing the game like a robot.

Plz do not spew your insults here in hopes some people will feel bad for you and your miserable life, the forums is not a place for you.

You are assuming things, the same way you assume things about the ladder, a concept that has no official information released on.at least untill now.

You say not everyone will play it? Maybe not right away but when it remains out for a long period of time people will move to it

Please explain how this makes sense.
You expect everyone to play the same as you, just because of your playtime progression or what?Of course most of the people will move on to the ladder eventually,especially if no other challenge is offered.My main point is:I don't get your stance on the this matter, are you "afraid" that you won't find public games, or all your friends will switch to ladder? In this case what;s the problem?

You're forced to play because all your friends will?
The point of a ladder is a fresh start, wich most of the playerbase enjoys, it's another reason to still play the game, i don't know what good news you expect about this matter,i mean good from your point of view of course. Since no official information was released there can be no news, i say, wait for blizzcon, there has to be at least a bit of info on it.

Last but not least, i apologise for my behaviour in the last post.
Reply Quote
I feel the same...

Also think that ladder like in d2 is stupid, all the time I spent for nothing...
and then every 3-6 months all your time wasted again and again... thats just retarded

Sure, ppl who didnt spend much time in the game are celebrating as it will put them on the same level, but thats really not fair imo...

It will force everyone to have just 1 char as you will have no time to lvl and gear more (atm I have 5 sc and 5 hc chars all playable at least on mp1-2, I will never be able to do that with acc wipes trough ladder)

For me, diablo was always about perfecting characters, getting better and better, not spending a lot of time and then having to start all over again... I think it will make me quit the game after some time if non-ladder will no longer be an option because of too few players there

And I dont understand how can ppl think that it will add some fair competition, as the game is based on gear and gear is based on LUCK (and 3rd party sites)... so if you get some paragon lvl first, then what ? does it mean you are better/your dick is bigger than others ? of course not. Diablo is not about that.

So yeah, ladder is a big nonsense, punishing those who spend more time in the game
Reply Quote
17/10/2013 14:42Posted by Promanguy
Actually, some polls show that the player base is split in half. Almost exactly 50% will play ladder and the other 50% will play non-ladder. So I don't see why you're being such a crybaby about it. You're not forced to play ladder, you know.

Okay, this guy is a retard.

Thread's closed.

1. Crybaby

2.Retard

wow man we can tell you didn't graduate from High School. Thank you for trying to be an important part of this thread, but now i am kindly asking you to stay out of it, since you insult me continuously and add nothing constructive and no proof that there ever was a Poll for ladder as you claimed earlier.
So next time you want to share information, it would behoove you to have a source, otherwise you are just making yourself look like a jerk.

BTW Thread is still open :)
Edited by spectr3#1843 on 17/10/2013 22:36 BST
Reply Quote
I won't be playing ladder at all, I think it's a waste of time to be honest.

EDIT: I just read a few comments... I had to *facepalm*... non-ladder is not going to be removed...

Posted by spectr3
How can there be polls for something that does not even exist yet?

Omg this comment... what's going on with these people lately?

What's wrong with a poll asking which mode will you play? Ladder or Non-ladder?

The poll is basically like this. Will you watch xxxxxx movie when it comes out? Yes or no?
Edited by Novuhz#1403 on 18/10/2013 01:08 BST
Reply Quote
This is like complaining that Coca-cola zero exists. If you don't like it then you can just drink regular one, or Pepsi.
Reply Quote
So i asked a question you guys think is stupid. Still can't get over it? Will you ever get over it? Probably not, it was a fair question to his comment on the polls. Maybe you guys should learn how to be more generous in these forums. In any case a poll is irrelevant that the addition of a Ladder for xpac will more then likely make all non-ladder progression obsolete. So regardless if I am aware of any polls that have taken place or if i sound dumb to you, that's cool i guess, who cares? What I care about though is talking about peoples opinions for the Ladder on the expansion, so far i have heard from people who like to disrespect and degrade peoples opinions on the game.

I have one person who agrees with my opinion which is nice and thanks for posting. So far the rest of the comments have been insulting and not warranted. Also for those of you who think the ladder is going to be different than Diablo2, you are right it might be. What would your reaction be if it was very similar to Diablo 2's Ladder? Would you be okay with starting from scratch if it was?
Edited by spectr3#1843 on 18/10/2013 03:28 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]