Diablo® III

Can we upgrade current mats in ROS?

I hope for a blue to answer this. From the streams it seems only brimstone is used of those mats we have now. My question is if we can upgrade 10 to 1 our current materials into ROS materials? Otherwise there is absolutely no reason to play anymore. You can farm exp, but it doesnt seem to yield many paragon levels account wide unless you farm several para100s. And if gold, current items AND mats dont matter in ROS, why play (other than to kill time)?
Reply Quote
21/11/2013 09:17Posted by OioxFûl
And if gold, current items AND mats dont matter in ROS, why play (other than to kill time)?

there is absolutely no reason to play anymore.

Think you answered your own question buddy.

Highly unlikely IMO that any swapping old for new (at any ratio) will be available.

Combined with the appalling lack of any action to address the ah exploits with zero bid lock-outs by abusers STEALING - I suggest that Blizzard's attention is fully focused on the RoS Beta feedback and ensuring a smooth roll-out.

Personally I'm on Wow and crying inside that I didn't get a beta key for RoS as I did for MoP.

On a personal note I'm sure your wife has many tasks for you around the home with your 2 small children haha! God Bless You Casper.

EDIT - be sure that as soon as the Xpac is released we will get our clan up and running and I look forwards to resuming where we left off this spring. New challenges and adventures in Sanctuary lie ahead, just not for a few months.
Edited by Wired#2524 on 21/11/2013 11:13 GMT
Reply Quote
Otherwise there is absolutely no reason to play anymore

Lol, very interesting thought! I am pretty sure that the old mats will not be related to the new features of the expansion; mainly to ensure that all players start RoS at the same point. It would be unreasonable to let OLD resources be useful for NEW expansion features. Can you understand why?

Feel free to stop playing now.
Reply Quote
!@#$ all bots.
Reply Quote
other than to kill time

Isn't that the sole reason you started playing this game?
Reply Quote
If that's your reasoning you shouldn't play RoS either since eventually there will be a 2nd expansion which will make RoS gear/items obsolete.
Reply Quote
*sigh*

Is it me or do you just run the risk of getting borderline snobbish remarks in General every time?

No I dont play D3 to kill time and I hope, Rayquorz, that it isnt your reason either?!

Thanks Nyarlathotep, Im glad I got your permission to quit.

Dunno, I respected your posts before...

Thanks Wired, you know my situation well and yes Beatriz will be partying if I put this on hold ;-)

I do realise that with AH, you cant let ppl upgrade mats from now to ROS just like that - I get it, but without AH I wouldnt say its such an unreasonable thing. AH just frags these things up I guess.

But noone else than Wired actually answered the question, what is there to play for if none of this impacts performance in ROS. It seems you need to farm several 100s to really get ahead Paragon Points wise in ROS, so if youre casual the time spent will be wasted since exp will probably come quickly in ROS.
Edited by OioxFûl#2919 on 21/11/2013 23:27 GMT
Reply Quote
what clan is that? Just curious.
Reply Quote
No clan yet but when ROS hits and we can make clans, Wired and I and some hommie barbs (who also play monk and wiz) will be making a clan and play like we did some months ago when the game was still alive :-)
Reply Quote
Thinking about joining a clan.
If you need a crap wizard, let me know :)
Reply Quote
Long time till ROS I guess but your wiz dont look crap and remember in ROS all gear is dropped so just get lucky :-) Remember to call on us in ROS, dont know what we will call our clan :-)
Reply Quote
21/11/2013 23:26Posted by OioxFûl
No I dont play D3 to kill time and I hope, Rayquorz, that it isnt your reason either?!

Well, yes, it is actually. If that is not what you hoped then I'm rather curious what the reason should be.

On topic: Highly unlikely. They've proven not to care about our gear by increasing the level cap to 70 and rendering all level 60 gear useless, and I assume they will feel the same about materials (except brimstones maybe).
Reply Quote
22/11/2013 09:43Posted by Rayquorz
On topic: Highly unlikely. They've proven not to care about our gear by increasing the level cap to 70 and rendering all level 60 gear useless, and I assume they will feel the same about materials (except brimstones maybe).

I guess youre right and well I was just illusioned :-) Ofc with AH you could buy 10k mats and then convert to 1k ROS mats - although you would still need the new things in ROS (my hope was that 10 tomes could make 1 of the new scholarly scrolls).

Well, yes, it is actually. If that is not what you hoped then I'm rather curious what the reason should be.

Hehe well ok so be it, I dont have enough time to get bored (with wife and two kids and work) so I dont have time to kill - I lack time to spend. And I play Diablo because I like it, just like I like to watch old movies and read books (I never get to do that anymore, damn you Diablo!). I have been a fan of diablo all the time and actually think most fondly of D1 (most ppl only harken back to D2 but IMO it was already lacking randomization and the gothic feel - D3 just made the trend worse in these two areas. Man I hate deserts!). there are many ARPG dungeon hacks and while they can be fun and good, it is that special Diablo-feeling I like and want so when D3 came out I got real excited. And I play becuase I like improving my toon and find fun stuff or craft insane things :-)
Reply Quote

I'm uncertain about this.
From what I see, the demonic essence is the same.
Same symbol for it.
So I fear to use it anymore. I think it's bad that there won't be new materials. Because then I have to stock up instead of just keep rolling gear.
It might change ofcourse, but what if it doesn't? I'd much rather have a couple of k DE in a few months for RoS than better current gear.
Reply Quote

But if our current gear was good to use in the expansion why bother with an expansion they could just release a patch to give new features and we could keep our current gear.

Our current gear is not totally useless we need it to play the expansion and pretty sure that when you find a new set item better than your current equipped you will soon be smiling and loving the new gear.

It will be harder for players that bought all their gear from the RMAH to let go but that does not concern me.

On the topic of mats I think there will be some way to upgrade tomes etc, gold will still have a use or bounties would not carry a gold reward.

Clans, I miss the social side of wow and bringing a clan system to D3 is in my eyes a good step forward, nothing like having your own channel to chat about gear etc.
Reply Quote
22/11/2013 10:32Posted by Golgoth
Clans, I miss the social side of wow and bringing a clan system to D3 is in my eyes a good step forward, nothing like having your own channel to chat about gear etc.

yes

22/11/2013 10:32Posted by Golgoth
gold will still have a use or bounties would not carry a gold reward.

crafting/rerolling/transmog looks to get expensive rather fast so yes, gold drops/bounties carry their weight in gold.
Reply Quote
21/11/2013 11:21Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
Lol, very interesting thought! I am pretty sure that the old mats will not be related to the new features of the expansion; mainly to ensure that all players start RoS at the same point. It would be unreasonable to let OLD resources be useful for NEW expansion features. Can you understand why?

I get your point, but if you advocate "start from the same point" we had to abandon the exp gained so far and start with 0 paragon points no matter we had grinded the game for thousands of hours.
How is OK to start with say paragon 200 account and it is not OK to get some cheap materials in stash?
Some meager advantage of stashed mats can't compare to 2000+ hrs of grinding.
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Warlock
tbh i want everything wiped i dont want to carry items over to ros, freash start fresh wipe
Reply Quote
Community
I hope for a blue to answer this. From the streams it seems only brimstone is used of those mats we have now. My question is if we can upgrade 10 to 1 our current materials into ROS materials? Otherwise there is absolutely no reason to play anymore. You can farm exp, but it doesnt seem to yield many paragon levels account wide unless you farm several para100s. And if gold, current items AND mats dont matter in ROS, why play (other than to kill time)?

That is actually a hard question to answer at this moment in time OioxFûl, because crafting in Reaper of Souls is still under development and as such is subject to change.

One of the big goals with Loot 2.0 is to make items more exiting and feel more rewarding, and we would also very much like to reduce the "meh" factor as much as we can. So what we are aiming for is to make item upgrades, whether they come from monsters or crafting, feel like they are earned though rewarding gameplay.

In that regards, we have some concerns about what might happen if people could hoard vanilla materials now for later conversion into RoS materials—If people could do such a conversion from old to new materials, then we think there would be a very real risk that people would near instantly craft their way to potential BiS gear shortly after the expansion is out, and thus if you could craft your way to the top right from the get go, then that would bypass or severely diminish the sense of progression and reward you would otherwise get from hunting for gear upgrades and crafting mats.

When Reaper of Soul goes live, the current plan is to convert your existing original crafting materials into what is currently the Inferno crafting tier, which will let people continue to craft all the items that they have access to now. Then once people start seeing new item tiers past level 61, those items will then be salvageable into new crafting materials that can be used to craft level 61 to 70 items.

Again, things may change, so this plan should not be considered as set in stone.
Reply Quote
22/11/2013 13:57Posted by Hyperion
How is OK to start with say paragon 200 account and it is not OK to get some cheap materials in stash?

Because some players would *hoard* materials for the expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]