Diablo® III

What hardcore will be like in RoS, from our perspective

I strongly believe it will feel great :p
Reply Quote
hmm so in inferno lifesteal is reduced to 1/5th iirc.

from that remaining 1/5 ...1/10 remains? that would not make sense or? :)

edit: so 0.2 -> 0.02?

would it be more sane to hum, e.g reduce the %lifesteal affix shown on items and leave that as is? new players really dont know/understand that lifesteal in inferno is not what its described...besides that the reduction to 1/5th is no-where to be found in-game descriptions...

not everyone searches forums or datamines, some people expect to learn a game by ingame stuff only, and rightfully so if i may add! :)

i know many people who actually *thought* they have 1.5% lifesteal, or 5% or something. and wondering why the math doesnt match. (damage vs life gained)

this is pointlessly confusing imho :)
Edited by arf#2185 on 05/12/2013 15:21 GMT
Reply Quote
Thanks Vaneras^^ Will be posted right away on Diablo-3.net (attention: german language^^)
Reply Quote
View profile
hmm so in inferno lifesteal is reduced to 1/5th iirc.

from that remaining 1/5 ...1/10 remains? that would not make sense or? :)

edit: so 0.2 -> 0.02?

:)

ye, its nice have item LS 3%, so its 1/5 and 1/10 from that is 1/50 from 3% = 0.06% efectivity. Well, its simple better to remove LS then this.

from the most vaulable property on weapons now, it became the most non-sense.
Reply Quote
Hey guys, keep it slow with your judgements... as some of you may know, the way and amount of incoming damage has been changed too. 0.06 % might sound not much, but taking other sources of life regeneration and slower incoming damage into consideration, it might work properly at all. Let's just wait and test as soon as PTR is out.
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 14:46Posted by Vaneras
Can you give any further information if Lifeleech will be disabled at Patch 2.0.1 or not? Currently it looks as if life leech is just disabled on the way to Level 70, which would mean that it still has a major role on the Patch 2.0.1 PTR. I think testing the class balancing changes WITHOUT life leech or at least without LL playing a major role, would make a lot more sense regarding the future of Diablo 3.

That is a totally valid concern and I will see if we can get some clarifications on that to share with you :-)

At level 60 in the RoS beta, and also in patch 2.0.1, Life Steal is multiplied by 0.1, which means that you will only get 10% of the Life Steal you have built up on your pre-expansion characters. If you copy your characters to the PTR, you will be able to test how that feels like.

If? you mean WHEN we copy it over ;)
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 14:46Posted by Vaneras
Can you give any further information if Lifeleech will be disabled at Patch 2.0.1 or not? Currently it looks as if life leech is just disabled on the way to Level 70, which would mean that it still has a major role on the Patch 2.0.1 PTR. I think testing the class balancing changes WITHOUT life leech or at least without LL playing a major role, would make a lot more sense regarding the future of Diablo 3.

That is a totally valid concern and I will see if we can get some clarifications on that to share with you :-)

At level 60 in the RoS beta, and also in patch 2.0.1, Life Steal is multiplied by 0.1, which means that you will only get 10% of the Life Steal you have built up on your pre-expansion characters. If you copy your characters to the PTR, you will be able to test how that feels like.

So the last question remaining is: When we can copy our chars to test it?
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 16:31Posted by Ysuran
Hey guys, keep it slow with your judgements... as some of you may know, the way and amount of incoming damage has been changed too. 0.06 % might sound not much, but taking other sources of life regeneration and slower incoming damage into consideration, it might work properly at all. Let's just wait and test as soon as PTR is out.

sure sure, but obfuscating stats in this way (hidden 1/5 reduction, another hidden 1/10 reduction on top of that), is hopefully not the way going to be

make it plain and simple to understand, that actually allows for powerfull complexity
Reply Quote
Don't worry once you get a hold of the new op weapons the life steal will even out more or less, and it makes sense that they nerf it a little.
Reply Quote
Community
So I got an update on this, which is that we have no plans to disable Life Steal at level 60 on the PTR. This means that Life Steal on the PTR will work the same way it does in the RoS F&F beta; You will have 100% Life Steal up to level 59, You will have 10% Life Steal from level 60 to level 69, and no Life Steal at all at level 70. But since you cannot play a character above level 60 on the PTR, you will not be able to test the game with no Life Steal, unless of course you equip gear that has no Life Steal on it :-)

05/12/2013 17:02Posted by Titanium

I hate to do this, but as I cannot give you a date yet, I'm going to throw in the classic Soon™ here... Maybe that should be a Very Soon™ though :-)
Reply Quote
I hate to do this, but as I cannot give you a date yet, I'm going to throw in the classic Soon™ here... Maybe that should be a Very Soon™ though :-)

Vaneras you tease!! :P
Reply Quote
but, but ...

very soon in blizzard terms is alot more then just "soon tm" aka longer? while "soon" only refers to any point in time but probably before the end of time.

deriving from that very soon might indicate a point in time *after* time stops. which at that point (assuming obvious non-linear conditions) is sooner then time ended but ...since there is no time anymore, nor a measurement ....
since time ended, both statements (very and soon) are probably both valid yet void at the same time.

this, actually, is abit scary. keep in mind that a reaction to a cause can happen before said cause actually happened....

edit: badly phrased, will try to rephrase "very soon" or when i have

very much more time.
so soon
very wow
Edited by arf#2185 on 06/12/2013 13:07 GMT
Reply Quote
Confused not am I from you, having time not soon, but very, am inclined towards timing being very, not soon, but hence a time to occur not passing now, but very, maybe so soon, not very timely, as when is present, but not yet past, there you will be.
Reply Quote
FWIW Galx is a "she" not a "he".
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 04:25Posted by Sens
FWIW Galx is a "she" not a "he".

Thanks for the heads-up. I have "degendered" the original post, :)
Reply Quote
I agree that it is confusing. Why not display real (inferno) values on weapons and everywhere except inferno give player a buf that multiplies the lifesteal by 10 (or 5 or whatever the correct value is).
Reply Quote
I play my hardcore barb in ROS beta since 3 weeks and i can say that gear progression is quite broken and it gets boring really fast :

In RoS, you don't get any % to legendary drop rate bonus before Torment.
Torment 1 starts at +250% legendary drop rate wich is quite a big change from Master.

In softcore the gear progression goes like this :

- Get level 70 in Hard or Expert Difficulty, Farm some lvl 70 items in Expert or Master Difficulty (depend if you want a chance on new legendary plan drop).
- Then once you are full of lvl 70 yellow items with some enchant tuning -> Torment 1.
Its hard and you die quite often but you get a fair amount of legendaries while running rifts.
- Once you can farm Torment 1 with almost no Deaths -> Torment 2

And so on...

In Hardcore it goes like this :

Get level 70 in Normal or Hard Difficulty.
Farm some lvl 70 items on Hard.
Go Expert to have more bloodshard from quests and don't bother with master difficulty cause can you don't get any legendary drop rate bonuses.

You can't try Torment because you can't afford to die.

You stay on your very low drop rate difficulty and it takes AGES to gear yourself without any trade/AH/economy.

Welcome, you are stuck on "non-torment" difficulty.Its boring.Its tedious. Its lame.

The legendary drop rate % increase should not be a "torment only" feature. It should exist (with lower values of course) in expert and master too..like +150% in expert dans +200% in master.

Early game is totally destroyed by paragons perks. You have lvl 1 characters with lvl 30 stats. You just can't die and you oneshot everything.
Edited by Shin#1720 on 08/12/2013 22:43 GMT
Reply Quote
This is the whole point of a beta. Give guys early visibility of the initial concept for tweaking before release. If your opinion about drop rate is both valid, and shared then a change will probably be implemented for release.

You stay on your very low drop rate difficulty and it takes AGES to gear yourself without any trade/AH/economy.

There will be more people online, in clans, in community, in forums to trade with. Don't forget at them moment, only beta players are around for these functions. On release it will be substantially more.
Reply Quote
next time they will answer "Very almost soon ™"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]