Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
hello, so basicly i hate the lack of "endgame" and character attachment that diablo 3, even RoS have. I've came up with imo a pretty sweet idea wich will give you more character customization and a ACTUAL reason to level up paragon levels.
The idea is that we should have a system to upgrade our runes while we get paragon levels, 1 paragon level could give 1 Rune Point to spend on any ability rune of your choice, wich will further augment the effect of the Rune. There could also be Milestones in the rune progression wich would give the rune a new unique effect to it. The best way to explain this is just by giving a few example of what these rune points could do.
1. Acid Cloud - Acid Rain (increased acid cloud radius to 24yards)
- Rune points effect = Increase the radius even further
- Milestone effect = Enemies killed by Acid Cloud has a %chance to explode for % weapon dmg as poison damage.
2. Whirlwind - Hurricane (allows you to move at your movement speed while whirlwinding)
- Rune Points effect = While whirlwinding increase your movement speed by %
Milestone effect = % chance to pull monsters to you while hitting enemies with your whirlwind
3. Seven Sided Strike - Several sided strike (increase the number hits to 9)
- Rune points effect = Increase the number of hits even further
- Milestone effect = Reduce the cooldown of seven sided strike for each enemy hit
4. Mantra of conviction - overawe (increase the ammount of damage enemies take)
- Rune Points effect = increase the duration of the activation effect
- Milestone effect = Double the effect of the activation of the mantra
5. Hydra (no rune example, this is just a cool thing for hydra overall)
- Rune Points effect = increase hydra attack speed
- Milstone effect = increase how many hydra can be active at the same time by 2 ( triple hydra ftw)
6. Smokescreen - lingering fog ( increase smokescreen duration)
- Rune Points effect - increase duration of smokescreen by x seconds
- milestone effect - while smokescreen is active regen % life, increase movement speed and increase damage
So that is basicly the rough idea that i have, many of these rune point / mile stone effect might sound meh, but thats just what i came up while writing this, but i think the basic idea of it is rly good, upgrading spell runes that is.
Share your opinion about this, and maybe u have an idea how to expand / modify this idea or something, i would love to hear that :)
PS. im not sure if some1 had an idea like this before, im not trying to steal any1's idea or anything ^^
Edited by Njoy#2888 on 29/11/2013 14:27 GMT
An additional idea that just popped into my head is that some of the runes of abilities could become linked after certain ammount of points in each, giving the ability the effect of BOTH runes at the same time!
Edited by Njoy#2888 on 29/11/2013 14:32 GMT
Even if it seems a nice idea, I'm against that for various reasons:
1) Blizzard is already having a hard time balancing skills for the 2.0 patch, this would make it even worse.
2) It would reduce build variety and/or the desire to try new builds: if I have a fully upgraded and actually overpowered spell + rune, why should I try a new build with different skills?
3) skill enhancing items (like some effects on new legendaries) would become useless or overpowered, depending on your rune points setup. (a little less so if you can actually reset the allocation of rune points).
I can imagine people selecting one skill and then dum all points in that skill just to make it overpowered.
To avoid this the only way is to give really harsh diminishing returns OR cap the number of rune points per rune.
Both cases actually defy the idea of the infinite paragon system.
Nice idea, but I see it as a bad one for Diablo 3.
the examples i gave are very OP yes, but those are just examples for you to understand my idea behind this, also i think this could actually help balance by giving unpopular runes stronger effects than alrdy popular runes, but ye i see what u mean... and i dont think it will hurt build diversity, sure there will ALWAYS be a spec that is more effective than others, and that is because of the current meta of d3 vanilla, its all about dps, so the runes / abilities that deal the most damage are instant picks.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.