Diablo® III

Focused Feedback - Legendary Powers

Community
In addition to our current Focused Feedback request regarding Infernal Machines, our development team is seeking additional information on another integral part of the Reaper of Souls experience.

Please note that while we occasionally request players focus on providing specific feedback, all feedback continues to be welcome either via the e-mail provided in your Beta invitation or here on the forums.

Currently, we are looking for detailed feedback regarding:
  • Of the Legendary items you've found while playing the beta, which three have been your favorite and why.
  • Similarly, of the Legendary items you've found while playing the beta, which three have you liked the least and why.
    • Of these items, how do you feel they could be improved?

Additional notes:
  • Please feel free to include Set items in this feedback.
  • How you measure worth or value of a Legendary item is completely up to you. What makes a Legendary item one of your favorites may differ from another player, and that’s completely okay. Same applies for the reverse (how you define something as your “least favorite”).
  • This discussion isn’t focused on drop rates, but rather the perceived quality of the Legendary items you have found. If posts could stay on topic and not deviate, that would be greatly appreciated!

As we continue with testing, we may require additional testing needs. Keep an eye out for similar threads in the future as these needs arise. We do ask that feedback in this thread stays on topic - unrelated feedback will be appropriately moderated.

Thank you, as always, for your participation!
Reply Quote
BAD

1. thorns set = the individual slots rolled very low values themselves and. the main problem is that thorns didn´t fully scale with your primary attribute last patch so the damage was kind of useless. increase the thorns rolls and make them fully scale with primary attribute.
+add a % buff to the 2 bonus to increase your total amount of thorns (4 piece 12-16 yard thorns aura that deals x% dmg of your total thorns per sec) and maybee each completed set could get an additional % buff for their special bonuses for each yard of pick up radius or indestructible item or healthglobebonus or life per kill and so on... (becoming even more powerful -> summary)

2. spaulders of zakara = indestructibility does nothing -> add a % buff to mainstat or class resource or armor or something useful for each piece that is indestructible on your gear...

3. each item with goldfind, bonus exp and blockamount of shields = those numbers are ridiculus low or are wrong/bad calculated -> goldfind/bonus exp % for example should not be aggregated on % of difficulty and instead be multiplicated on % of difficulty -> 100% goldfind/bonus exp leads to 100% more gold or bonus exp... exp per kill should be also in % to be useful later on and blockamount should be adjusted to the dmg monsters deal at that item lvl...

GOOD

1. oxen set = each bonus is good and useable

2. ring of royal grandeur = useful ring plain and simple

3. ice climbers = useful boots plain and simple

SUMMARY

well maybee do not cut primary/secondary for a special property or add a system of 7-8 possible rolls for legendaries like 5 primary and 3 secondary and boost secondary to create/allow synergies...

each completed set and stacked affix to boost its special bonus should make me feel walking through sankturio as a demigod... :-P
Edited by Wichtelman#2324 on 28/01/2014 19:48 GMT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I'm still farming more keys, bad bit is that Act 4 key warden is the only one worth farming due to being the only one who can drop gluttony however he cant drop ALL the other keys too, this needs sorting.
Reply Quote
Basically all legendaries from D3V that now drop in RoS (that I have seen and others') are really bad. I mean, Tyrael's Might with no main stat and no sockets? WHY? And those updated legs have no special powers like the new ones so why are they even in the game anymore?

New items with ressource replenishing affixes and life per ressource spent are really useful.

I feel like there are a lot of very nice boots, but I am missing really good gloves and shoulders? Bracers have a lot of options too.
Reply Quote
Do like

All the legendaries with any of A) a useful proc/hability, B) a cool proc/hability, C) a build changer (extra Bombardment, free Blessed Shield...), or D) something you can't find in any other item of their class (+CritC on weapon...), making it unique. Quick examples.

-Death Watch Mantle: Cool proc in both, visually and usefulness.

-Ring of Royal Grandeur: Great "passive".

-Nemesis Bracers: Once fixed, is an okish but very, very cool hability.

Do not like

Any legendary without any of the things listed above. Examples:

-Aquila Cuirass: Prototype of all the boring legendaries. Is just a brown rare much more expensive to fix using the mystic. It (and all the other similar legendaries) needs some flavour.

-All the legendaries you can craft: I probably have all the recipes out there actually, and to be honest *none* of the legs are interesting or appealing to craft. Thats due their lack of procs, habilities or something to make them unique. Really, none of them have anything special. Why should I craft them instead a rare of the same class? I don't see any reason for it. I don't include crafted sets here, as they have set bonus and some of them are pretty good.

-Shields with their power based on block amount: Thats more a problem of the block amount itself than the leg or his hability. But things like "heal you and you party for half of the amount blocked" when that amount is 2000-3000 and your health 400k+, is ridiculous.

----------------------
23/01/2014 23:52Posted by Fean
I'm still farming more keys, bad bit is that Act 4 key warden is the only one worth farming due to being the only one who can drop gluttony however he cant drop ALL the other keys too, this needs sorting.

Key of Gluttony drops from Act 2 Keywarden. Act 4 drops Evil (and sometimes others, yup). 1 Bones, and 3 War.
Edited by Kharn#2862 on 24/01/2014 16:37 GMT
Reply Quote
Bad

1. Ninja Set:
2 pieces bonus is fine but 4 pieces bonus is just useless, should be something like spike trap will now explode without delay, or something relate to Chakram e.g. Chakram will now explode and deal additional 200% damage as physical to enemies hit.

2. New Mempo of Twilight
No Special effect at all,old mempo after enchanting simply wins.

3. Staff of Kyro
Two hand weapons are currently useless in BETA especially staffs, Deadly Reach is good skill but the damage is too low, double it's range doesn't make any sense.

Good

1. Ring of Royal Grandeur
Super useful ring, well done Blizzard!

2. CinderCoat
Wonderful item for fire skill lovers but to be honest i think it is a little bit unfair, all elemental skill should be able to have item like this to reduce it's resource cost, this will definitely make the game more balance and more fun!

3. Windseeker
Very good weapon for both player and follower.
Reply Quote
If you're willing to put key/organ drop rates at 100% for testing purposes... Why not increase legendary drop rates 10 fold so we can actually provide you guys more feedback?

More items = more feedback.

Just saying! ;)
Reply Quote
Azurewrath - Feels great! I really enjoy running around the catacombs in ACT I with this thing.

Stormshield - I love how ridiculously good the defense is on this thing. It does pretty much everything you could imagine a shield doing. I'm glad the block chance is so high on it. Pre-ROS it bugged me that the block chance could be so low on Stormshield.
Reply Quote
The main issue I see is that there is still some legendary affix's that seem extrodinarily weak compared to their contempories. An example is the crafted legendary "Sunder" which proc seems to do about 12% weapon damage and doesn't crit, when you comapare it to something like thundergods vigor, or the the shoulders with 100% AE proc or the amulet with 250% AE proc it justs seems extremely weak.
Edited by Zotha#1769 on 26/01/2014 02:37 GMT
Reply Quote
23/01/2014 10:07Posted by Vaneras
Currently, we are looking for detailed feedback regarding:
Of the Legendary items you've found while playing the beta, which three have been your favorite and why.
Similarly, of the Legendary items you've found while playing the beta, which three have you liked the least and why.
Of these items, how do you feel they could be improved?

Additional notes:
Please feel free to include Set items in this feedback.

MOST Favorite 3:
Earthquake set gloves - because I get closer to EQ set bonuses, but the gloves arent anything special themselves, just +100 potential main stats. I have feedbacked to Blizzard that this is underwhelming and hurts the acquisition/feeling of reward of the game when going for sets.
Reaper's Wraps bracers - because they have good stats again like above, but the special effect granting ressource from globes is really good! Not only does it help my ressource regen now and then, but it helps be pick out gear and skill-runes to make this better. I use Battlerage-Sword of ploughshares to get more globes and I pick gear with extra healing from globes and this with my bracers work really well. SYNERGY and game-changing.
Avarice Band - picking up gold increases PuR. This would have helped my above synnergies immensely! BUT density and gold drops are so low in beta that this ring never worked. Great design but poor conditions in the game. So, scrapped it for mats!

LEAST Favorite 3:
Tyrael's Might - no main stat and no sockets was useless. Not even a special affix...
Avarice Band - picking up gold increases PuR. This would have helped my above synnergies immensely! BUT density and gold drops are so low in beta that this ring never worked. Great design but poor conditions in the game. So, scrapped it for mats!
Kymbo's Gold amulet - Str and life% and nothing else worth mentioning. Not even a special affix.

- These items could be improved with at least having fixed rolls like in D3V that ensure them to be if not great then at least useful. Thinking mainly of Tyrael's might here. And with special affixes they could be great too with bad rolls.

Set items: I dropped the EQ glove and from just the numbers it is an unassuming piece that I would throw away the next time I get a leg glove. It is ONLY the set bonus that makes it interesting. Why is a set item so much worse than a legendary one? They at least have a game changer. Set item needs more "bad" items to become good by getting the set bonus. This is one of my major complaints ;-)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Well they wanted 3 that we really like and 3 that we believe are a bit poopey.

3 I really like:

- Cord of Sherma, I really like the blind effect from it
- Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker, I like the chain lightening proc effect
- Mara's Amulet, I really like the Posion immune

I also wanted to make a note of the 4 piece Zuni set, I like having my fetishes all the time.

3 I think are a bit poopey:

- The Grin Reaper, the clones just don't last long enough and it seems a bit pointless
- Rhen'Ho Flayer, the toads don't 100% auto aim they sometimes wander off in the opposite direction
- Sanguiniary Vambraces, awesome 1000% however it doesn't work so it's a pointless item until it's fixed.

Also wanted to point out that the set bonuses for the new sets are much more powerful than the old ones, DoT set 2 piece = 500 int, Zuni set 2 piece = 250 int and 30 mana on kill it's good on lower difficulties but sucks on higher ones.

Also a little annoying no pets proc item effects, so the fan of knives don't work, the attack procs don't work nothing which really needs sorting because for a pet user it's a HUGE nerf.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I can only go based on what i have found/seen in game....

THE GOOD

Haroutunian Arm Guards (bracers)

These bad boys give you a burst of speed every time you destroy a wreckable object.

There's 2 main reasons i love this.

1) Even with the max run speed at +25 (with move speed items and paragon) it feels like we're continuously running through mud or glue. Why the base walk/run speed for this game has baffled me from the very start, it....feels.....sooooo........slowwww....

At least with this item we can feel normal 30% of the time without wasting much needed passives/actives with move speed boosts just to feel that level of normal. (they should be purely for feeling overly speedy when needed).

2) For once, you weren't afraid to make these slightly OP (they are not OP as such, they are exactly where they should be)! They give a remarkably fair amount of speed boost, not just a puny (forgettable) 10-20%, but it feels more like 60%. If you lowered this, people would be like "Meh!" so I'm glad you left it at this speed... learn from these please! Things like this make a game fun :)

Many things in this game, including skills, feel like you are afraid to boos them too much... Just let go and let the good times flow for goodness sake!

A good example of this is where you can sometimes come across an entire horde of goblins in a Nephalem rift! This is totally OP and AMAZING! Don't remove it, instead add more cool things like this that make us go "wow"!

========

The HellTrapper (1 handed xbow)

This has a 5-10% chance (decided on drop) to spawn a turret, spike trap or caltrops on hit. I love the way we can have something that spawns a SKILL on hit! This is one of the things that made D2 amazing!

This is an example of a game changing legendary. As soon as i found this is completely changed my build and style of play. Really cool item! I can use it in a few ways and a few builds to take advantage of this legendary affix.

========

Magefist (gloves)

The reason i chose this and not something cooler (because there are cooler items out there for sure) is because this is another example of you getting something OP completely and utterly right! Up to 40% damage increase to fire skills! HELLO, amazing!

So again, we have a build changer. "Using fire skills? Why not pick up some magefist gauntlets!" Yup, think I'll be doing that.

And it's not the be all and end all of gloves, you have many choices in the game. If using other skill types then you wont pick these... if going pure all out sheet DPS, you wont be using these. I think its great, you can use these for a specific build, but you don't have to turn to them to be powerful. Great item.

========

THE BAD (and damn-right Ugly) :)

Tyraels Might (chest armour)

As mentioned above, this is sheerly underwhelming. I found one of these, might have been the first leg i found in RoS. It rolled no sockets, no main stat, no vit, no nothing! It was laughable... I found a more useful magic armour shortly afterwards! LOL

Seriously, please add legendary affixes to ALL legendaries in the game. Otherwise they are useless beyond belief compared to new ones and might as well not exist as not finding anything outweighs the disappointment of finding a poorly designed legendary.

========

Innas Temperance (pants)

These now blow pretty hard! Why? Because you removed the attack speed! If anything, you should be adding more attack speed to a larger pool of items so we don't just wear the same pants and actually have some variety! What you guys have done is a usual Blizz reaction to try and make more variation... you nerfed it instead of buffing other things. I can see it now, 70% of people will be wearing legacy innas pants in RoS, it's the only item in that slot with attack speed!

Infact, all items where possible attack speed has been nerfed/removed is basically like removing the same % of fun from the game for me (maybe quite a few people).

Attack speed has been nerfed, nerfed and nerfed again... Why? Just stop right there :D

No, seriously, stop... please.

========

lastly....

Most set pieces; singularly and as a full set

Singularly, most set pieces are underwhelming and pretty much match your average legendary (without a legendary affix).

So we have set bonuses, which are cool. Wear 2 pieces and get "this", wear 3 pieces and get "this and this", wear that awesome leg ring and only need 2 peices to get "this and this".

Where is the incentive to wear the entire set? There should be a Full Set Bonus that the special leg ring doesn't affect. This Full Set Bonus, shouldn't IMO be just another set bonus like the last tiers, it should give you something much more, something that actually makes it worth putting on the entire set for. (remember D2 and my thread on learning from the past :) - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9413381522 ), well i feel that applies here too. Wearing a full set gave you much, much more then just a few set bonus stats. It made it exciting to complete a full set too!

At the moment, it's more like "meh, if i get it, i get it. Might try it, will probably salvage it"

:P

Sorry to be blunt.... but there you go... Some awesome stuff, some stuff that looks like it needs redesigning to me.

Peace
Edited by D3MON#2220 on 29/01/2014 12:08 GMT
Reply Quote
GOOD
1)

Belts - Cord of Sherma, Love the chaos field. and the Harrington waistguard I love the 100% increased dmg for 10sec when opening yeah well anything you can open

2)

Mara's Amulet - Posion immune gotta love it. Its one less thing to thing about when you encounter elites.

3)

The 1h Calamity. Marked for Death on everything 20% dmg increase. Can't go without it.

BAD

1)

Ninja pants seem to be the only good pants for a DH now. wich is so sad.

2)

More or less all the crossbows, bows and 1h crossbows. Either missing legendary procc effect. Or it doesn't even come close to being as good as the calamity or the hell trap

3)

The fact that NO legendary items gives you the ability to improve the dmg output on other skills, to make them just as viable in higher torments as cluster bombs. This is the only viable burst dmg for DH's

i'd love to see items that increase discipline regen again like the legacy nats set.
I feel so bound to the shrine gloves for resource regen. Without them i feel like the lack of resources for the DH prevents me for progressing in higher torments.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
30/01/2014 19:32Posted by Rtwos
The fact that NO legendary items gives you the ability to improve the dmg output on other skills, to make them just as viable in higher torments as cluster bombs. This is the only viable burst dmg for DH's

i'd love to see items that increase discipline regen again like the legacy nats set.
I feel so bound to the shrine gloves for resource regen. Without them i feel like the lack of resources for the DH prevents me for progressing in higher torments.

Wow, yep, feel exactly the same as you man.
Reply Quote
31/01/2014 10:27Posted by D3MON
Without them i feel like the lack of resources for the DH prevents me for progressing in higher torments.

HAHA I think its the same for every class, at least speaking for barbs fury is the main problem in relation to what we can do in D3V. Personally I hate using primaries for only fury gen, so I play primary-less and that is really hard to pull off in RoS. I am using ressource from globes bracers and rune that spawns globes on some crits so I run to and fro and gather globes for fury :-)
Reply Quote
I've got the shoulders for increased resources. i even have the passive slot used for even more bonus from healthglobes. The problem with the DH is its the only class that has 2 different resources.
The only viable burst dmg for the DH is Cluster bombs. at 40 hatred pr cast ( thats a one time dmg. It dosen't go over time like other classes high spending resources skills do). 3 of them and you are out of resource within a second). Then you can exchange 25 disc for 100 hatred that gives you another 2 casts of clusters.
But oh wait now you're all out of hatred and disc. Then you panic. You can do no damage and you can't use any defensive skills. Cause you used all your discipline to try and burst down the elite pack as fast as possible. You are down on thougness compared to other class, the dodge chance is only at 33% now and even with 500k health 2 shot's and you're dead. So you run around vaulting all over the place, hoping to find a couple of healthglobes to get back in the fight. That is a game of chance not skill. I've played the other classes. I feel all of them generate resources much faster than the DH.

1 disc pr second means you gotta go 14 second without using any just to cast smokescreen. that last 1 sec 1.5 with rune or give back 15% life.
Edited by Rtwos#2347 on 31/01/2014 16:48 GMT
Reply Quote
the new tyraels might...
http://imgur.com/sTuU98H
still lacks a little bit duo to useless secondaries like indestructibility but its an improvement...

wouldnt this thread be more useful in the open ptr section?
well if we had f&f drop rates we could give a lot more feedback on that topic... :-/
(i played f&f)
Edited by Wichtelman#2324 on 01/02/2014 09:08 GMT
Reply Quote
31/01/2014 21:56Posted by Wichtelman
well if we had f&f drop rates we could give a lot more feedback on that topic... :-/

Yeah I hope the F&F ppl gave a lot of feedback cos we are only seeing a speck of the loot table playing closed beta.

Well at least its an improvment on the Tyrael's yes, I was one of the finders of a no primary, no vit, no sockets version and brimmed that in a second :-)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
31/01/2014 21:56Posted by Wichtelman
the new tyraels might...
http://imgur.com/sTuU98H

Still extremely "Meh"....

Seriously, i would pick a rare cloak over this :/
Reply Quote
31/01/2014 22:29Posted by OioxFûl
Yeah I hope the F&F ppl gave a lot of feedback cos we are only seeing a speck of the loot table playing closed beta.

would be not that helpful cuz we got a bunch of other legs and they changed a lot of legs...
already posted feedback on this topic at my native forum about various legs and how they could be improved and here it helps to see found items by clanmembers...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]