Diablo® III

PvP patch 1.1?

Now don't get my wrong
I am working purely off of assumptions here
But didn't Blizzard promise that 1.1 would be the proper PvP patch?
I know we got brawling but they did say it was just something to fill the void while we wait for the patch because of the raging community.

I don't know much about RoS yet but I know that RoS is skipping what patch 1.1 would have been by starting the 2.x version number.

Is proper PvP coming with RoS, is blizzard dodging the PvP bullet or did they just forget what they said they were going to give?
Please keep comments constructive, I am not looking for a fire
Reply Quote
There is no new PvP mode and features for RoS.

Blizzard said that they are working on it, and when they have something good they will release it.

Personally, I believe that the changes in combat mechanics and pacing makes room for good PvP combat. So, I guess that after RoS, in some major patch (or 2nd expansion?) PvP in some new form will be released.

Imo, PvP is secondary to this game. What matters more, what this game is designed for, is endless PvE farming, solo or in teams. The whole idea is to kill demons again and again, in various ways and builds, with fast game sessions, easy to start and finish; this has been OK so far, is getting much better with 2.0 and RoS.
Edited by NYARLATHOTEP#2116 on 26/01/2014 09:37 GMT
Reply Quote
I agree that the game is built on PvE
I love PvE
But I also enjoy finding better ways of telling a friend which character is stronger than the other
I also sometimes enjoy something competitive against friends.
I am not saying that PvE is bad
But adding PvP adds more content for those who want it
No game really has a way it "has" to be played
Reply Quote
Game needs competitive play whether it be PVP or ladder seasons.Trouble is they are reluctant to implement it due to financial reasons IMO of course.
Edited by Lumajo#2271 on 26/01/2014 10:32 GMT
Reply Quote
What matters more, what this game is designed for, is endless PvE farming

?!
Why does it gotta be endless?!
Farming for gear in Diablo2 was not (and still isn't to this date) perpetual process. Hell, even in D3 you can reach a point, at which you can't really upgrade.

Asking for perpetual grind is just stupid. Perpetual itemization would only mask the underlining problem -- the lack of endgame activities.

For more detailed view on the matter, feel free to read these:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11423292432
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8882678963
Reply Quote
26/01/2014 12:51Posted by Noxifer

OK, just stop whenever you like. Here, it is no longer "endless".

the lack of endgame activities.

(In no particular order)
1. Ubers
2. Rifts.
3. Bounties.
4. Free Roam (Adv.mode)
5. Cursed Chests (Time limited events, Monster Waves)
6. Death Hand (probably collecting materials for bigger crafts?)

Of course, you still have builds to try out, legendaries to find, teams, clans, communities to have fun in multiplayer and custom challenges.

Oh, it is more than enough for at least 2 more years of playing.
Edited by NYARLATHOTEP#2116 on 26/01/2014 13:00 GMT
Reply Quote
26/01/2014 12:56Posted by NYARLATHOTEP

the lack of endgame activities.

(In no particular order)
1. Ubers
2. Rifts.
3. Bounties.
4. Free Roam (Adv.mode)
5. Cursed Chests (Time limited events, Monster Waves)
6. Death Hand (probably collecting materials for bigger crafts?)

Of course, you still have builds to try out, legendaries to find, teams, clans, communities to have fun in multiplayer and custom challenges.

Oh, it is more than enough for at least 2 more years of playing.

To a very small number of people the things you mention may be endgame but not to most.
Reply Quote
26/01/2014 12:56Posted by NYARLATHOTEP

Sometimes I really wonder if you played anything else, but WoW, so let me try to explain it in WoW terms for you.

In D2 you could make a character over battle.net with specific purpose and you would need specific gear. Very cookie cutter, just like in WoW.
You would farm and you could get sufficient mats to get all your gear through trading, even if you don't find a single item for yourself. Pretty much like in WoW where you farm marks and go to a vendor and get a gear if you happened to be unlucky and the piece you wanted never dropped... only in Diablo2 you would take your "marks" to another player instead of an NPC.

The time varies based on the build you go for (some are simply cheaper than others) and based on the luck (the amount and quality of gems, runes and unique items you find). Wind druid was probably the cheapest. Amazon and Barbarian builds were a lot more expensive.

But once you've got all the items you need -- BAM! DONE!!!

However, in Diablo3 people seem to want truly perpetual itemization. They want if they have the absolute best things now, month or two from now the items to roll with higher stats, so that the itemization is truly perpetual. That's not endgame, this is madness.

The solution is not to say "OK, you are geared half way, but you can stop now and that makes it, so that the itemization is not perpetual herp derp", because this is totally wrong.
The solution is for the items to roll in a more standardized manner, closer to D2 and to World of WarCraft. But once you have that, and once you can gear up in a more standardized and cookie cutter manner, the underlining problem of lack of endgame events shines more and more.

Regarding the events you pointed above, another person already addressed that:

26/01/2014 13:11Posted by Lumajo
To a very small number of people the things you mention may be endgame but not to most.
Reply Quote

I would say the exact opposite, that a very small number of people finds there is lack of endgame.

But, that is to be expected, especially when dealing with people like noxifer, who does not like the game, filed a complaint against Blizzard, said that there is no way he gets RoS unless there is PvP or AH, and still... he will get RoS, and already whines about it beforehand!

And, of course like all good grumpy posters, he has the solution below. Oh, what great fun are these forums!

26/01/2014 13:34Posted by Noxifer
The solution is for the items to roll in a more standardized manner,

There are two separate threads, blue tagged, titled "What is Endgame for you?" No-one can say, it is something elusive, very subjective, that some posters want to see implemented, although they cannot even describe it.
Edited by NYARLATHOTEP#2116 on 26/01/2014 14:55 GMT
Reply Quote
26/01/2014 14:51Posted by NYARLATHOTEP

I would say the exact opposite, that a very small number of people finds there is lack of endgame.

But, that is to be expected, especially when dealing with people like noxifer, who does not like the game, filed a complaint against Blizzard, said that there is no way he gets RoS unless there is PvP or AH, and still... he will get RoS, and already whines about it beforehand!

And, of course like all good grumpy posters, he has the solution below. Oh, what great fun are these forums!

26/01/2014 13:34Posted by Noxifer
The solution is for the items to roll in a more standardized manner,

There are two separate threads, blue tagged, titled "What is Endgame for you?" No-one can say, it is something elusive, very subjective, that some posters want to see implemented, although they cannot even describe it.

the game is nose diving in terms of player base, obviously the game is not as successful as you keep maintaining. Its almost like blind propaganda. At least it is amusing for a period. I expect another reply as you cant help it.
Reply Quote
26/01/2014 15:43Posted by vroom
the game is nose diving in terms of player base,

Sure, that is being said since the first week of release. I've been seeing the same thing in EvE online, which dies in forums all the time, mostly after every expansion.

The only normal thing for such games (one-time fee) is for the number of players to decrease, can't be anything different. That being said, I wonder how do you reach the conclusion of "nose-diving"? I would be interested if you have some objective facts about it that you can supply. Personally, I still see the same number of public games as during summer 2013, 2900-3100 games.

Its almost like blind propaganda.

I feel the same about all the whining threads and the haters, that hypocritically say they do not like the game at all, but still have some 1000 hours of gametime.

At least it is amusing for a period.

Yeah, at least we agree on that!
Reply Quote
26/01/2014 14:51Posted by NYARLATHOTEP

yeah that's why blizzard had to promise they'll fix endgame with the new patch, cause nobody thought it was lacking... trololol

Oh and that's why everyone says the same, even betatesters and mvps, they are like you say a SMALL NUMBER indeed, the ones with the beta key.

gtfo troll.
Reply Quote
26/01/2014 18:30Posted by Drorian
Oh and that's why everyone says the same, even betatesters and mvps, they are like you say a SMALL NUMBER indeed, the ones with the beta key.

Well, you sound selective because you only mention those that whined, I've seen many streams and threads about people that think RoS is fine.

And streamers, they have their own agenda. I don't think that the majority of players relate to them, as it should be just a small number of players that can spend so much time on a game. I can hardly play more than 1-2 hours daily.

Thus, lets say it takes 1000 hours to get bored or face the wall-of-no-upgrades-or-whatever. They will reach that point within a couple of months, players like me will reach it in 2-3 years. And then, who would be watching their streams? "Omg, we need viewers, Blizz fix your game so we get more viewers" - "oh, lets create some fuss, tabloid-style, X cheats on Y, no endgame in RoS" blah blah.

26/01/2014 18:30Posted by Drorian
yeah that's why blizzard had to promise they'll fix endgame with the new patch, cause nobody thought it was lacking... trololol

So, there is endgame in the new patch? Does Blizzard respect the players? Does Blizz hear their demands? What do you think?
Edited by NYARLATHOTEP#2116 on 26/01/2014 19:15 GMT
Reply Quote
PvP is the only "end-game" diablo series ever had.

After u've maxed all of ur 8 characters XP / Gear wise ( which will take couple of weeks ), there's just nothing else to do than PvP.

Rifts / Ubers / Bounties / Cursed chests etc. are just artificial end-game for casual gamers.

For God's sake please release the PvP Arenas for competitive players like u've promised numerous times already, blizz. ^_^
Reply Quote
The casual gamers however dont like being called casuals therefore they scream and whine on the forums that the game already has endgame and that those asking for pvp dont "Understand that diablo is about slaying monsters"
Reply Quote
26/01/2014 19:28Posted by MunQ
PvP is the only "end-game" diablo series ever had.

After u've maxed all of ur 8 characters XP / Gear wise ( which will take couple of weeks ), there's just nothing else to do than PvP.

First off the characters were 7, not 8.

Second, each character had several viable builds, so the number of characters depended on the number of builds you wanted to play. However, you couldn't switch builds at will the way you can now.

Third, you can't gear up 8 characters in two weeks, unless you have a lot of pre-stacked currency to trade on third party sites.

26/01/2014 19:28Posted by MunQ
there's just nothing else to do than PvP.

You could grind for 99, just like now you can grind Paragon on your characters.
Reply Quote
26/01/2014 19:11Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
And streamers, they have their own agenda. I don't think that the majority of players relate to them, as it should be just a small number of players that can spend so much time on a game. I can hardly play more than 1-2 hours daily.

Thus, lets say it takes 1000 hours to get bored or face the wall-of-no-upgrades-or-whatever. They will reach that point within a couple of months, players like me will reach it in 2-3 years. And then, who would be watching their streams? "Omg, we need viewers, Blizz fix your game so we get more viewers" - "oh, lets create some fuss, tabloid-style, X cheats on Y, no endgame in RoS" blah blah.

Even Blizzard themselves recognized, that just farming for items is not sustainable endgame. Your attempt to imply, that the game actually does have endgame and it's just the streamers making it all up, is just pathetic...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6019511928#17
We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game.

-Bashiok.

But noooo, it's the streamers and the MVPs, trying to conspire against Blizzard! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, I thought I was the conspiracy theorist around these parts...
Reply Quote
26/01/2014 20:56Posted by Noxifer
Your attempt to imply, that the game actually does have endgame and it's just the streamers making it all up, is just pathetic...

But, I believe there is, I even mentioned 6 features that I think is proper endgame. And the "item hunt" is not among them, see my post in this thread, #6. So, you only refer to PvP as "endgame", I disagree, I think that those 6 things are challenging features that can keep players occupied for a long time.

Streamers, of course they have an agenda and some will make things up, that's sure and expected. What, you tell me that you don't think they exaggerate? That they are objective reviewers? That they do not care about their stream's views?

There is no conspiracy, what are you talking about? How did you reach the conclusion that I think it is a plot?
Reply Quote
Been a while. Quite entertaining NYAR.

But clearly insane.

Nothings changed i see.

Dead game is dead. They killed it.
Reply Quote

First off the characters were 7, not 8.

Second, each character had several viable builds, so the number of characters depended on the number of builds you wanted to play. However, you couldn't switch builds at will the way you can now.

Third, you can't gear up 8 characters in two weeks, unless you have a lot of pre-stacked currency to trade on third party sites.

You could grind for 99, just like now you can grind Paragon on your characters.

- I've tested all the possible builds in D3
- I've grinded the max possible plvl u can get
- I've played HC plvl100
- I've perfectionized my gear to the point when there's no point in farming anymore. PvP is the only thing to do atm.

Sure, the brawling sucks, but it's the only thing in game that gives u some challenge... MP10 is just a terrible joke since they introduced Monster Power levels. No need brains, just use ur cookiecutter build and faceroll through everything, that's not even near so called end-game.

End game should be so hard that even the most skilled elite players in world would lose their nerves cuz of it.
Edited by MunQ#2808 on 27/01/2014 18:07 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]