Diablo® III

Reaper of souls, legitimate price question

im wondering why reaper of souls is so expensive if its just an expac?

on amazon its priced at £29.99

i could buy 2 next gen games at this price.

i understand that a lot of time has been dedicated to it, but for what you get:

1 new act (as short as the previous acts?), and the crusader class, an increased level cap, the mystic (which is an old idea from previous games) and 2 adventure modes.

doesn't seem worth the price,
i would pay around £15-20 maybe but not the current price.

i managed to get d3 for free, from buying an annual sub for WoW (was a regular raider with my guild so was worth the subscription)

im not sure if i want to buy ROS, i like the lore and the new class, but i cant legitimize the price of it.

so im looking for opinions from the community as to there thoughts

apologies if this has been asked many times before, im just not in the mood to sift through 100's of threads on the search.
Edited by Septevar#2279 on 26/02/2014 16:36 GMT
Reply Quote
my toughts...its not expensive, infact you cant buy 2 next gen games as u claim for the price of this expansion, actually even 360/ps3 games are more then any pc game, check new releases and compare prices. This is actually preety cheap for a game, unlike gtaV (old gen game) that even after all this time post launch is probably still more expensive then RoS, hell...titanfall is like 45 pounds for xbox1, elder scrolls online is 40, etc...
Edited by karmakill#2926 on 26/02/2014 17:26 GMT
Reply Quote
its expensive, i payed for d3 preorder 30 quid, and now blizzard wants 40 for expansion !!

Rubbish.

20 i could pay but no more.
Reply Quote
there are quite a few next gen console games for £20 out there you just need to search hard enough, heck even ive brought some of the next gen games for less then that at CEX
Reply Quote
26/02/2014 17:22Posted by karmakill
my toughts...its not expensive, infact you cant buy 2 next gen games as u claim for the price of this expansion, actually even 360/ps3 games are more then any pc game, check new releases and compare prices. This is actually preety cheap for a game, unlike gtaV (old gen game) that even after all this time post launch is probably still more expensive then RoS, hell...titanfall is like 45 pounds for xbox1, elder scrolls online is 40, etc...

This is not a game, is an "xpac" and value delivered is low, will have like 8h maybe of non repetitve gameplay ?. Titanfall if little less than 30 pounds, elder scroll online 30 pounds.
Reply Quote
At the moment the RoS expansion isn't worth !@#$ for me .... maybe for 5 euro's orso I might be tempted... exited I was, this 2.01 patch killed it for me .....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]