Diablo® III

Getting a full set with BOA?

Hey all,

I am just getting back into D3, and i must say, i love it. I love how the items that i find are actually good (for me, not for anyone else).

However, one thing i imagine being hard, dare i say impossible, is to actually get a full set of something? Say i want a full set of immortal Kings on my barbarian, or whatever set comes with RoS. That will be hard.. i have to get "lucky" and get the pieces i need, since i can't buy or trade my way to them.

Also, since no bosses have any increase in drop chances on particular items, i can't try to specifically farm for it either?

Anyone know if blizzard has answered this one before?
Reply Quote
Farm with friends playing the same class. Nothing as "bro" as four barbars whirlwinding together, anyway.
Reply Quote
I have been pretty lucky, but from when 2.0 got live I dropped 4 pieces of the Blackthorne's set and 3 pieces of the Tal'Rasha's set.

It is not impossible, you just need patience and perseverance.

Also smart drop is helping you with that. It won't give you ant increased chance to get set items, but it decreases tha chance to get set items for other classes, at least I think.
Edited by Nightshade#1233 on 07/03/2014 13:24 GMT
Reply Quote
oh ok cool, they must have taken it into consideration then. Any word on wether new sets will emerge in RoS, or we will still be using the old ones like Immortal Kings and Tal Rasha? I personally hope they keep the old sets, they have a "nostalgic" feel about em :D
Reply Quote
There will be both old sets and new sets as far as I know.
To get a look at the new sets, take your time and search the sets listed here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9582428450

in the game guide section of the official site, here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/game/

The new sets seem to be torment-only drops, at the moment.
"Class Restricted Item Sets
The Legacy of Raekor (Barbarian Set)
Firebird's Finery (Wizard Set)
Embodiment of the Marauder (Demon Hunter Set)
Raiment of a Thousand Storms (Monk Set)
Armor of Akkhan (Crusader Set)
Helltooth Harness (Witch Doctor Set)

Theme Sets (Non class-restrictive)
Monkey King's Garb
Vyr's Amazing Arcana
Thorns of the Invoker
The Shadow's Mantle
Might of the Earth
Raiment of the Jade Harvester
Bastions of Will (2 rings set)
Istavan's Paired Blades (2 weapons set)"
Edited by Nightshade#1233 on 07/03/2014 13:28 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]