Diablo® III

[Guide] WD Fast Farming Build in RoS (+Video)

Dear all,

This is my first post in WD sub forums and I wanted to make it special for my fellow nephalem. I had the opportunity to play RoS beta and I came up with a fast farming WD build that works without any special gear set but deals extraordinary amounts of damage in quick succession.

Here is a complete video guide to the build that explains everything you need to know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UNZlaL_4hM&list=UUi4lw72qHjNwznCCD6RLiIQ

Introduction
However, if you desire to read the post instead, here is the build explained in full detail. First of all, let's look at the gear set. Please remember that once you get into RoS, you will not have access to all the great legendaries and set items from the beginning so a build that lets you farm fast on high torments is something everyone will be seeking. This build is one such build as it requires nothing special in terms of legendaries. However, if you wish to give the build that extra edge, here is what you need.

WD mask with mana regen of +10 or higher
WD dagger with mana regen of +10 or higher
WD offhand with mana regen of +10 of higher

Cold damage bonus on braces and wherever else its possible ( I am looking at you Mr Frostburns)
You see where this is going right. Goal is to increase the mana regen so that channeling your spells becomes much easier. Two special notes on these items, firsty they are very easy to find thanks to smart drops and re-rolls from enchantress and secondly, the build still is very much viable if you choose to play without these.

My Stats:
For my torment 3 farming, I reached 680k dps, 950 all res, 2.0 attacks per second,51% crit chance, 320% cd, 87.5 mana regen with +15% to cold damage from bracers.

Build: Here is a link to all the skills: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bRlUgQ!bUTS!YbcZbZ

As you may have already guessed, goal is to slow enemies consistently and damage them over time with your dps skills. This means every time you see a group of enemies, slow them down with frozen piranhas, put three stacks of phantasms and kill what remains by using your acid cloud. If enemies try to rush you or if you run out of mana, throw a jar of spiders and you are back in the hunting game.

DPS analysis:
Even though every skill you have deals tons of dps, you main damage source is the three stacks of phantasm that deal a total of +2000% weapon damage over time along with your 720% burn from acid cloud.

Crowd control:
You achieve this by using slow from piranhas and phantasm. Medusa spiders also help you in the same way. Everything around you is slowed and thanks to the ranged nature of this build, you can nuke enemies from a distance whether they are elites or not.

Mana regen:
30% increased mana regen from vision quest and kill regen from grave injustice is great. You can swap out spiritual atonement if you have a nice chunk of mana regen from your gear. The choice is yours but the simple point is, enemies will die long before you ever run out of mana.

Alterations:

Feel free to change frozen piranhas to pirahnado (ah that reference to the movie!) and you can even run zombie bears cold bears if you wish to not play with acid cloud. Creeping death could also be swapped for blood ritual if you are building a life regen build or lack channeling mana.

End remarks:
I hope I was able to convey my idea behind this build. Slowing enemies and nuking them from a distance, it cant get more simpler than that. Thanks to your off-sheet dps, you kill monsters extremely fast and this build. I would recommend you to watch the video as I explain everything there in much more detail and I wish you all the very best with loot in RoS

Warm regards,

Holy Hermit
Reply Quote
I like your style hermit :)
Awesome video.
Reply Quote
Community
Nice video guide as always, Holy Hermit. /sticky :-)
Reply Quote
Long time subscribed to Holy Hermit on YT and every new video from him is worth it!

BTW, 2 weeks = 14 days to go till we get hit by RoS!!!!!
Edited by MadTom#2218 on 11/03/2014 10:45 GMT
Reply Quote
This is the way video's and guides should be done!

Setting the standard as always Hermit, nice one :D
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Liked the video you should watch some of mine from RoS beta.
Reply Quote
another guide for T1 ... where like any build can pwn.

show me a build for t5-t6 then im interested
Reply Quote
Community
11/03/2014 13:20Posted by Lancashire
another guide for T1 ... where like any build can pwn.

Only a very small percentage of players actually play in Torment difficulties, so while this video guide may not be interesting for you personally, I can assure you that it is interesting for a lot of players who are looking for tips and advice on how to play at those difficulties.

11/03/2014 13:20Posted by Lancashire
show me a build for t5-t6 then im interested

I am sure we will see people making video guides for these hardest difficulties soon enough :-)
Edited by Vaneras on 11/03/2014 16:10 GMT
Reply Quote
Thats an outright lie, it shows the number of players in each difficulty and "TORMENT" not torrent, is always the most populated
Reply Quote
11/03/2014 15:06Posted by Vaneras
Only a very small percentage of players actually play in Torrent difficulties

Hahahahaha!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Damn, when I see lvl 70 gems etc. soon BLIZZ will need to add several more torment levels :) It is good that it is taking a lot of time to beat it! Sorry but lack of good PVP is represented here in Torment where you can try to very max your character just for achievement.

I really can't wait RoS, still remembering times when I first time beat Inferno act 2 in D3V.

And yes small amount on T levels might be true because not all players play open games!
Edited by MefistO#2422 on 11/03/2014 15:51 GMT
Reply Quote
11/03/2014 15:27Posted by agent00swag
Thats an outright lie, it shows the number of players in each difficulty and "TORMENT" not torrent, is always the most populated

What is 'it'?
Reply Quote
Community

Typo fixed, thanks for pointing that out... I actually have no idea why I typed "torrent". :-(

In regards the number of players in each difficulty that you are seeing, if you are referring to the numbers of players doing the same quest as you, then I can inform you that those numbers are in fact concurrent numbers (i.e. those who are playing right now). Those numbers do not accurately reflect the difficulty settings of the Community as a whole, they reflect the difficulty settings of those who play right now, and those who play right now are generally players who play a lot more than just a few times a week. By far the largest number of Diablo III players are so called "casual" players who are playing occasionally, sometimes just a few times a week, sometimes even less than that, and most of these guys are not playing in Torment difficulties.
Reply Quote
There doesn't appear to be much benefit or reward from playing higher than t1 currently anyway.

As Vaneras said, I firmly believe that the majority of players will be quite content playing t1, especially if they are soloing.

I only go up Torment levels when grouping just because a little bit more 'chew' is required :D

It would be interesting to see 'group' builds. Kinda like we did in the Guildwars 1 days
Reply Quote
11/03/2014 10:20Posted by Vaneras
Nice video guide as always, Holy Hermit. /sticky :-)

Thank you for the sticky Mr Vaneras. I am glad to see you all enjoyed my take on build videos. Please understand that I had limited time to play all classes and as a result I could not fast those awesome orange and green legendaries that would take me to torment 5 or 6. I humble believe that for this very reason, this build is great as it lets you play on low torment difficulties at a fast rate so you can farm those precious legendaries.

A word to the wise, please be wary that Torment 5-6 in Loot 2.0 is something like T1 or maybe T2 in RoS. You will require a lot of toughness (mine was 5.7 million!!) and your dps wont be enough to kill enemies fast. Therefore this build will be helpful not only to a new player but to people who have over 300k dps like myself.

11/03/2014 13:17Posted by Fean
Liked the video you should watch some of mine from RoS beta.

Sure mate, please link your video and I will be sure to watch it.

Thanks everyone for their positive feedback; I am here to answer any of your questions if need be.

Warm regards,
Holy Hermit.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I'll sort out some of my twitch broadcasts from beta into highlights.
Reply Quote
Speaking of typos, there's also a misspelled "Piranha" on one of the Witch Doctor rune tooltips. The servers aren't available right now, so I can't tell you which one. I believe it was spelled "Pirahna" or something.

Ah, and while you're at it, could you perhaps reconsider the entire fish-idea? :P Wizards get an awesome black hole to suck in enemies. Witch Doctors get a friggin' pond of fish.

I would have found another totem pole more fitting. The Piranha skill is something I would have laughed at if released as an April 1st "update". Now, I'm just crying a bit.

Anyway, awesome game, patch and by the looks of it, expansion as well. But... piranhas?
Reply Quote
11/03/2014 16:31Posted by Vaneras

Typo fixed, thanks for pointing that out... I actually have no idea why I typed "torrent". :-(

In regards the number of players in each difficulty that you are seeing, if you are referring to the numbers of players doing the same quest as you, then I can inform you that those numbers are in fact concurrent numbers (i.e. those who are playing right now). Those numbers do not accurately reflect the difficulty settings of the Community as a whole, they reflect the difficulty settings of those who play right now, and those who play right now are generally players who play a lot more than just a few times a week. By far the largest number of Diablo III players are so called "casual" players who are playing occasionally, sometimes just a few times a week, sometimes even less than that, and most of these guys are not playing in Torment difficulties.

I can imagine you're the one with the real numbers, but I still find it hard to belive the majority is playing less than at least Torment 1, as we speak.

Sure, there are four (?) other difficulties to plunge through before hitting 60 and then be eligible for Torment, but...for all those players already achieved level 60, I can't see the logic to have these players roam the lower difficulties gaining less, instead of more.
Reply Quote
Community
12/03/2014 09:29Posted by AFKoSE
I can imagine you're the one with the real numbers, but I still find it hard to belive the majority is playing less than at least Torment 1, as we speak.

These "casual" players I mentioned above are the majority of Diablo III players, but since they only play occasionally, they don't show up in concurrent numbers as much as those players who play often.

The concurrent number (i.e. those who are playing right now) generally consist mostly of active players who play every day, sometimes many hours everyday, and this group of players tend to play in Torment 1 and above—these players usually also know how to play quite well, so they are typically not the ones in need of gameplay guides :-)
Edited by Vaneras on 12/03/2014 12:23 GMT
Reply Quote
Interesting build and awesome presentation but i think a pet based spec will do better in higher difficulty tiers, once you get the 4 set zuni(Your Fetish Army lasts until they die) and carnevil voodoo mask(Your Fetishes shoot a Poison Dart every time you do) you'll be able to easily farm t5-6 due to the fact that your fetishes can tank for you and the dmg is insane, from my personal experience on t1-2 the build you choose doesn't really matter but if you want to farm t4+ efficiently you'll need the new legendaries.
Edited by Vexeer#2612 on 12/03/2014 12:48 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]