Keeping your account out of harm’s way is easy if you know what to do. Below you will find a list of steps you can take to maximize your computer’s safety.
Add a Battle.net Authenticator to your account. Seriously.
- Where can I buy a physical Authenticator?
- Download the Mobile Authenticator on iTunes® App Store™ for free
- Download the Mobile Authenticator on Google Play for free.
- Download the Mobile Authenticator on BlackBerry® AppWorld™ for free.
- Download the Mobile Authenticator on Zune® for free.
- Manage Battle.net Account Security Settings (requires login).
Update your browser to the latest version.Go to your browser’s upgrade page.
Activate your browser’s phishing filter.Learn how to turn your browser’s phishing filter on.
Make sure your registered email address is secure and up-to-date.Read more on our support website.
Make sure your computer operating system is up-to-date.Access the update page for your operating system.
Make sure your browser plug-ins and other commonly used applications are up-to-date.Find out how to check the status of your browser’s add-ons.
Install anti-virus software.Read more on our support website.
Learn to identify common types of account theft.Read up on the types of account thefts and how to avoid them.
Keep in mind the list of safe, official Blizzard Entertainment domains: