Help, I got hacked!
If you suspect that someone else may have gained access to your account:
- Don’t panic. Our in-game customer service representatives are available around the clock to assist you with all your account needs. Our in-game, billing, and technical support representatives will work with you to get your account and all associated data safely restored to you.
- Change your password immediately if you can still log into your account. Also check whether the personal information on your account has been changed, as this could be a sign that someone else did indeed gain access to your account. Click here to change your password.
- Recover your account access using our automated Account Recovery web form. After you answer a series of questions, we will reset your password and restore your access to this Battle.net account and the Blizzard games you play – including World of Warcraft characters and items.
- Check the list of common thefts. Do any of these scenarios sound likely? If so, you will have a better idea of how your account was stolen. This kind of information can be very useful for our support staff. You can email your findings to email@example.com.
- Use appropriate countermeasures. Once you know how your account was stolen, you can take steps to prevent any further damage. Follow the ‘Solution’ tips listed under Types of Account Thefts.
- Be patient. Although they are dedicated and efficient, our support staff will need time to schedule and carefully review your case. Please be patient while they follow up on your request, and rest assured that they will contact you as soon as possible.