Monk

23 Aug 2011 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the Diablo III discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the Diablo III community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The Diablo III forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Diablo III The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to Diablo III, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Zhydaris1 23 Aug 2011
02 Jun 2014 Guides and Resources - Monks Holy Warriors of Ivgorod! In this thread you will find a list of guides and resources focused around the Monks in Diablo III. Please note: All guides and resources posted in this thread are 100% made by players, and as such we do not guarantee that they will remain accurate and up to date. Also, we do not guarantee that there will always be a guide or resource listed for every conceivable aspect of the Monk class. Please feel free to send an e-mail to CMTeamEU-Diablo@Blizzard.com tagged with [Community Guide] in the subject if: You have found a guide or resource on this list that is no longer accurate You have found a guide or resource on this list that is just not up to scratch You have found or created a great guide or resource that we have not yet listed ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Guides and Resources - Monks: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ General: Monk in RoS - a mini guide by Arafaryon (EU forums) Monk spirit generator guide by Davlok (NA forums) Monk InDepth - Wave of Light (+Vid) by HolyHermit (EU forums) Builds: Tempest Rush Guide - Monk TR Builds by IronMan1975 (EU forums) Monk InDepth - Lashing tail kick by HolyHermit (EU forums) Fastest & Most Efficient Farming Build for Monk by HolyHermit (EU forums) The Unholy Monk by Zips (EU blog) The Guiding Palm Monk by Karma (EU forums) The Path to Divinity Monk by Siar (Diablofans) Top 10 Most Popular Elemental Based Builds Updated twice a day (diablo3ladder) The "Demon Queller" Monk by Vaeus (EU blog) Best Monk build for Patch 2.1 (up to Grift 38) by HolyHermit (reddit) Monk's Tempest Rush and Grift Build by HolyHermit (EU forums) The "Sizzle Splat" Monk by Bitshift (EU blog) The "Icepick Assassin" Monk by Capicorp (EU blog) Best Bell Build for T6 & Low Grifts by HolyHermit (EU forums) Quinsane's Strongest Monk Build GR50+ by Quin69 (YouTube) The "High Voltage Monkey King" Monk by Rhykker (YouTube) GR50+ Serenity EP Monk Build by Quin69 (YouTube)Vaneras0 02 Jun 2014
3d Hey! Raiments Set dungeon: Go F yourself in the Ahole! What moron came up with this ADHD mastery,Midrax6 3d
5d What's the best build for the speed rift in S7? Having got fed up with stupid Gargs, I thought I'd level up a Monk. What's the best build for the lvl13 5min speed rift?Scourge3 5d
5d Inna's Gen, Uliana's or a mix? Hi All, My R6 monk is squishy as hell at the moment (see profile) and doing any GR's of significance (60 and above) is a real pain. I am therefore thinking about changing the spec a bit, awaiting some gear upgrades. I know that last season, the inna's generator build was pretty good in terms of damage and survivability, has that changed somehow for this seaon? (apart from inner sanctuary as a damage buff). I have also seen a I6+U4 build, using Inna's to buff the EP damage, but then I will lose the shenlong set/damage... How do you guys think the 2 compare?ZTeeVeR0 5d
20 Sep 11% reduced dmg from elites OR 15% life on chest? What the title says. Char. name Jeeves, seasonal. According to d3planner, I get 2mill more ehp from 15% life (+5k more LPH since I use Simpl. Strength). But most guides say 11% is better. Thoughts?Rhye3 20 Sep
17 Sep Need more info on EP support monk Hey guys. I have retuned to D3 after a two-week break and feeling like grinding some 4mens again. Before I was playing healmonk, but now I keep hearing about this EP support monk. I have tried to look up anything about it on the Interwebs, but there is not really much. So, can any proper EP support monk please link his/her profile her? Also, is EP support monk better than the standard healmonk?Angelfirelor0 17 Sep
05 Sep 2.4.2 T13 Speed LoN Cold Monk Hey guys, Just made a video about a new LoN LTK Cold monk build. You can check it out here: https://youtu.be/s2rkTPEe_Tg Been playing a lot with Quin's awesome SWK build and Davlok One's Kick monk, and wanted a cold variation since I really like to freeze stuff. I recorded the video on GR65 because some players record their video on a solo T13(=GR60), and forget that monsters have much more health in a 4 players T13. Hope you enjoy it! :)DarthKitty2 05 Sep
03 Sep Blizzard, do you even consider Ulianas Set dungeon fun? I'm currently trying to solve the Ulianas set dungeon but the dungeon has way to much RNG. If you get really lucky, mobs cluster almost perfectly so that hitting 21 mobs is no problem at all - if you get uber-lucky you almost have all the mobs at one spawn (I killed like 54 mobs at once but the rest of the dungon only had 2-3 mobs nearby ...). This dungeon is just anyoing. Draging mobs from one side to the other (with large gabs in it) is NOT fun, even more when you see that you hit like 18-20 mobs even after carrying them arround for 40 seconds ... The mobs are to slow which requires you to constantly cyclone them. If they are a bit to far away they just return to their position. On top of that, the slightest fire dmg, which can hit you randomly, ends the trial. Almost any video I have seen doing the dungeon in master mode hit the last mob within the last second - there is almost no wiggle-room or buffer. Set dungeon, especially on master difficulty, should be challenging - but not ridiculously luck-based and frustrating. On top of that the dungon is way to large for the given amout of time and the requirement to constantly carry those mobs arround. So, please change this trial as in its current form this is everything but fun.Rovo15 03 Sep
03 Sep reflect damage issues with LTK proc i recognized lately, that i was dying without knowing why..so i just saw monster affixes when it happened again and it seems like ltk "gyana na kashu proc" kills me like instant..i first thought it is just not enough toughness since it is already 78 (now 83) grift, but i encountered it even in public games on t13 it just procs my nde after some fireballs and then im dead..i started dodging all reflect packs at the moment as it is the only way i can progress, but i wonder if it is intended? i got like 2200 phys res and a string with 28% melee reduce (i believe reflect is melee damage i read somewhere) and 31k loh via 1 weapon and paragon can anyone help me on that, anyone else experiencing this? is there a solution except dodging all elites even on 65+ grift?? thx in advance :)th0r1 03 Sep
03 Sep Monk Sweeping Wind won't go away! I posted this on the console section but I thought maybe someone might know what is going on: Do I have a glitch? On the Xbox one version I have a Monk using Sweeping Wind and I press "Y" to activate the Sweeping Wind. The circle of fire circles around me and it is supposed to go away after 6 seconds. It never goes away. The green cooldown bar starts to go down but then jumps back to full every 1/2 second or so. It never goes below 80% full. I unequipped it, changed runes, restarted etc.. and when I do and then press "Y" to activate it then it appears and never goes away. WHAT IS GOING ON?EvilCalvin10 03 Sep
28 Aug Uliana's Set Dungeon - What you ask is impossible Hi there, how the hell are you supposed to master Uliana's set dungeon, especially killing all monsters in time? I have rather good equipment, 125% run speed, perfected the build, dashing strike, In-Geom, have no problem killing the groups, but I always run out of time about 2/3 to 3/4 through the dungeon. It seems impossible to kill all of them, even if I don't waste time pulling the groups together... Am I missing something? Thanks for any tips! Cheers morphMorfex22 28 Aug
28 Aug Set dungeons should not be about luck - Uliana Blizzard, if you want people to do set dungeons please don't make them so frustratingly dependent on spawn luck. Set dungeons are supposed to be about using set abilities and one's skill in doing so effectively. Who thought it was a good idea to make a dungeon that has nothing to do with skill nor set abilities but pure luck? Any moron can clear the map if it spawns even half decently. But no, 1 guy here, 2 there, 5, half a mile gap, 9... Can't take fire damage? Have these mobs that spawned on a fire grate. It is literally impossible to complete if the mobs don't spawn well. Every time you enter a set dungeon you should have the opportunity to complete it first go if you know what you're doing and how to go about it. I have done all set dungeons for Demon Hunter and Monk and I can honestly say none of them were luck dependent aside from Uliana. I loathe the thought of doing any further set dungeons as bad as that one. It's enough to make a person rage quit a class. I honestly don't want to play Monk anymore after that experience. Goodness forbid I ever have to use Cyclone Strike again.CrimsonFox3 28 Aug
28 Aug Wave of light... : / Can some one please just help with this.... I use the 1-shot Sunwuko build (or a version depending) and for some reason the Wave of light does little to NO damage some times. Sweeping winds stacks are up and I am at max range or try to be and still nothing.... I move around a bit, and try again. Some times it works and others NOTHING. I run away and come back and still it's 50/50. It's not fun with CoE rotating Fire and nothing happens...Luchen15 28 Aug
26 Aug Quick Question Regarding Double Gen Group Monk Hi guys, returning from season 5 I'm seeing monks run transgression and double gen in groups now with slight changed to items because im rather curious and I also want to have a crack at this build myself. just wondering how does it work and how does it benefit in a group? do you play it like static monk or do you just hold down crippling wave Thanks a lot your help is appreciated :)Seize3 26 Aug
25 Aug To much area damage? R6 gen Hi guys. Can I get to much area dmg as generator monk? Found an element ring with ad instead of dex. My sheet dps took a hard hit and I'm wondering if I maybe should roll as or maybe %damage on one of the weps. My endless walk sucks so dps isn't that good at all :/ It's the char BrWertski BTW :)Wertski1 25 Aug
24 Aug New monk Shelong set question Hey all, I'm puzzeled & need your help! I started a monk for the first time two weeks ago so forgive if I am doing something really stupid. My question is: is there a point in having more than one primary (generator) skill, aside from the "combination strike" passive (& the damage increasing/attackspeed primary runes)? Here is the situation: I'm running 5 innas (with Rorg), 2 Raminets & the shelong fist set. Strangely enough, if I use two primaries I am clearing grifts consistently faster than if I add EP (with any rune) & Gungdo's bracer (explosive palm spreading on mob death). I am merely applying one EP per mini fight, so unless I am missing some fundamental game mechanic, I must be doing something very strange. If no combination mechanics are functioning, my only explanations include less Flying Dragon procs (in cube), less consistent use of cyclone, or bilzzard making mob density less in over 25 grifts for one ability than the other (???).ZulFury1 24 Aug
23 Aug Improve the Monk above you Hi fellow players! With all the 'help me with my monk' topics I've been seeing on here lately I thought it might be a nice idea to start another 'improve the monk above you' topic. The idea is simple, comment on the monk of the person who posted before you. As for me, I currently have 2 monks on my account, a wave of light build that's pretty much done and an Uliana's build that I'm still working on. Tips on either are welcome.Torgeist1 23 Aug
20 Aug what's wrong with my monk??? Hi all, I really want to know what's wrong with my monk. I do enough damage, but can't clear Tx normally. Please, advise me, thanks.Gabriëlle3 20 Aug
16 Aug Another "help me" Thread well, hi. i'm by no mean "noob" to diablo indeed casual nowaday but not a noob (vanilla player) i rolled monk this Season i main wiz, but didn't play it last season, hated twister gameplay with passion xD well, the point is i got a "GR" Monk with kind of all required stuff and few ancient (not gg not enchanted yet i know lol but still) annnndddd i get rekked in GR 70+ i mean it, HARD. xD damage look like they'r here but i get OS by qui a LONG list of monster and it's "just" 70 ... hell how do "they" do 100 ? huhu if anyone could give me an advice or 2 about what i'm doing "wrong" ... i'm lost here ... here is the link : https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Khepesh-2794/hero/81293184 the things i tried : swap "seize the initiative" for "gardian's path" or "sixth sense" it did improve a bit, but loosing some damage -_-' i got a "BotT" in amy when i run ofc ;) i got the unity that's on "FarmingThing" whith a stricken on it. got ~900k sheet damage and ~35M toughness (so looooowww )with seize the initiative passifKhepesh1 16 Aug
16 Aug Returning player need help. Hello all, as the title says i'm returning player i started playing D3 when it first came out but quited soon cause it was boring and AH kinda messed everything for me back then. Been playing for 2 days now and i'm trying to find good builds for my monk,a bit hard cause i don't understand all the shortcut names like " LTK" etc. I see some name sets popping up here and there like Uliana set and Sunwuko set if i spelled that correctly, been trying to search where is the highest possibilty of those items to drop? or is it fully RNG, any ACT any map any difficulty setting? ( i managed to get some gear to do rift and bounty on T2 ) all above that i die in seconds and when i die it just seems mobs/elites give less drops (maybe just a bad luck) so no point in reviving all the time :D Any advice would be appreciated.Nullified2 16 Aug
16 Aug Ulliana Mythic Rhythm Question Hey fellow Monks! Just got back to D3 after much needed time off.. so many questions now, however this one question i have get a lot of different answer: How does Mythic Rhythm work with Uliana set? What do i need to know? *I asume SSS gets the 40% damage boost since that is my spender after procing MR, right? *Now what if i manually put an EP will it have 40% damage on all 14 SSS detonations? *Or is it a boost to both SSS and EP detonations whitch seems unlikelyGoZuHaZa3 16 Aug
14 Aug Witch build to go for in Season 7 The title says it all.. Im going Monk as main in season 7. Witch build do you think would be the "best" build to go for? The goal for the build will be to solo the journey (at least to stash tab) and Gr 85+ in 4 man groups. If there are different builds recommended for leveling and speed farming, Im interested in that as well.. I have not played the Monk for years, som Im pretty much behind on builds etc.. Hope someone has some input :)Zarniwhoop3 14 Aug
01 Aug Help wanted: which items to reroll? Hi. I'm not a very experienced player. I got my first "serious" character: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rythin-2200/hero/71196282 to complete a popular seven-sided strike build. Could someone take a look at my items and give me an advice on which ones to try to reroll first? R.Rythin0 01 Aug
23 Jul Monk solo 99 Gr 12:53 Raiment PTR 2.4.2 Hey guys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-3ORB428EQ 99 Gr 12:53 monk solo PTR 2.4.2. New solo meta for season 7. This result was set up after nerf generator Fists of Fury. Armory http://eu.battle.net/d3/ru/profile/RazieLider-2137/hero/79937169 Guide http://www.diablofans.com/builds/81945-monk-raiment-2-4-2-95 P.s. If y want, y can start to write new guide in this forum.RazieLider0 23 Jul
16 Jul [Bug?] - Sweeping wind Heya, please read the following (fully!): Is there a known 'bug' regarding Sweeping wind when using Kyoshiro's Soul AND encountering the following: 1.) Reflect dmg from packs 2.) Hitting the Vault-Boss (goblin vault) 3.) randomly? I'm losing the whole stacks AND the whole spell... Anyone out here who got the sames issues?daftpanda4 16 Jul
12 Jul Please I need help to improve my monk Please can you assist me and look at "Sheman" my monk char, and any suggestions will be awesome please!!!!!!Observer0 12 Jul
07 Jul What's the deal with life regen in builds? Hey guys. I am quite noob monk by all means. I noticed a lot of people leave life regen on chest, pants and boots for uliana and innas as well. What's the deal??? I don't see any life regen skills at all.DarkSol1 07 Jul
07 Jul Help: the return of a lost monk I just came back to play diablo 3 again and I am a bit lost in what build to go for and what to gamble for. As I quit this game the dashing strike build was the top farming build but now it seems to be changed and I would need some help from you monks who have stayed with the game to give me tips and advice for future upgrades/builds. ThanksJohansson1 07 Jul
07 Jul Sweeping wind randomly turning off (bug) Hey! Let me introduce you to my situation and the problem: First off, I am trying to master the Monkey King's Garb (Sunwoku) set dungeon and have gotten a few items to help me out with this. Kyoshiro's Soul (Belt) and Vengeful Wind (Fist-weapon) are the items and they are supposed to help me keep the stacks on sweeping wind up at all times, like the set dung requires. By using the belt, which increases the stacks by 2 every second, and the fist-wep, which increases max stacks to 9 (in my case), one would have to use wave of light a hella fast if you want to use up the stacks. Now here's the problem: Sweeping wind randomly turns off. The belt's secondary, which is supposed to add 2 stacks per second, wears off. This happens at any given time. It has happened a few times at the beginning of the dungeon and most times in the middle of it. It's not often I get close to the end and it stops working, but it has happened aswell. I also recorded this video of it in action: https://youtu.be/FBrazi_K8fU It turns off at around 2:05. I appreciate any kind of help!SgtFrosty8 07 Jul
07 Jul Lashing Tail Kick I have two items contributing to its damage at the moment.. Eye of Peshkov and Rivera Dancers, what other items are there that increase lashing tail kick dmg? How can I search through items based on properties?David1 07 Jul
01 Jul I have a problem in the game. Hey , I have a problem in the game. I play a monk and I went into choosing the magic then appear to me only four options. What should I do?Roi442 01 Jul
20 Jun weapon bug?? I have been having a rather troublesome bug i think... i have ancient weapons, but after i reroll anything i go from a 3000 dps to like 392 dps or 415 dps on that same weapon arrggghhh. Can anyone explain why this is happening?Nuno1 20 Jun
18 Jun New Lashing Tail Kick Fire build Hi guyz, i am proud to annouce that after several days of testing finally Lashing tail kick is viable. Here a test GR72 in 4P public https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MydxiCh-lIc let me know what you think. Note: Gear is not enchantedNagaraja11 18 Jun
02 Jun Need to finish all objectives (season) ? Do I have to finish all objectives in season to roll my monk to normal character (inclusive stash) when season ends?Sodril2 02 Jun
01 Jun innas gen solo gr, gear swaps question hey everyone, easrly this season i found some good shenlongs and i decided to try my luck with innas gen for solo gr. i've been slowly upgrading gear and now i have a couple options to choose from http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/oldo-2450/hero/77760428 with the gear currently worn i've cleared an 81 in 11 minutes no conduit. found a nice relentless assault last night (not as good as the fist of legend which i'll reroll the dex into cdr at higher para) with stun secondary (with the gloves im at 7% something stun chance). im a bit worried about the lack of max spirit tho and the lower damage range unfortunately it had life per spirit primary so had to reroll that, wish it had some other useful stat so i could have rerolled a secondary into max spirit but w/e i dont have time to link a ss of the optional gear swaps so i'll just write it down it basically boils down to: option A, normal innas gloves with dex vit chd cc & high stun chance% paired with the relentless assault now worn option B, ancient rainment gloves dex chd cc area dmg, and another relentless assault with dex, cdr, max spirit secondary and either loh or area dmg (or even 10% dmg, no idea if that would be better than area dmg tho). Option B has about 110k more sheet dps (without having 10% on weapon, if i rerolled loh or cdr into dmg% it would be some 250k iirc), giving up some 150k hps and a nice 7% stun chance Keep in mind im still missing roughly 600k dps from missing caldesans Which gear setup would you run for higher pushing, or is there any other combo of the gear worn/listed you'd try? Anyone with any experience pushing higher than 81 as innas gen with only 1 loh weapon? Say i tried option B and somehow managed to survive with only 1 loh weapon, would you go for area dmg or dmg% on the other one? Thanks, appreciate any helpoldo0 01 Jun
27 May Monk rift weapon drops..... Why can't we have weapons that we would use drop more often. Every rift I complete pretty much looks like this in the image I've linked http://imgur.com/at7hXd3 There are enough fist weapons Daibo etc without having to get this junk drop. I play every class and you dont get drops as regular as this.Legolas1 27 May
26 May Hi guys, quick question about health globe% What's a good solid number to have for pushing hight GR's? i currently have 143,981Arkaddius0 26 May
23 May Quick Sunwuko + Kyoshiro feedback New sweeping wind set mecahnics with Kyoshiro`s soul suck.. "gain sweeping wind stacks when its not dealing damage" eeehh developers srsly what on earth!?GoZuHaZa3 23 May
22 May Best way to apply EP Hi, I have geared a monk to this build : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sentry-2223/hero/22951688 I have never played this build before and require a little help from the helpful experts on this forum !!! I'm not sure how EP works. Do I Dash in and press EP to the mobs around me and then press mystic ally. If an enemy dies when using mystic all will it explode causing damage to mobs around me ? Or do I dash in and apply EP and then use Way of Hundred Fists until an enemy dies ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. What is the best rotation of skills to use with this build ?Sentry2 22 May
21 May Noob Question - One Punch - Epiphany dash... Hi guys, i am new to monk class and i was trying one punch monk build, but with wave of light at mouse 1 , with epiphany , i cant dash. I feel so noob, epiphany dash working on support build. Am i missing something please? Thanks.inflames2 21 May
20 May Enchantress or Templar.. verdict So... after running about 40 rifts at 82 on INNAS / Shenlong and failing them all with the enchantress (increased attack speed) I swapped for the templar and took only two attempts to break 82. Flying Dragon procced more frequently with templar. With the enchantress I got two conduit pylons and 1 power pylon during 40 rifts With the templar I got all the pylons in both riftsShaolin2 20 May
20 May Inna Generator, stuck at solo 65 Hey, im looking for some tips. Already im stuck at 65s solo grift with this build http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mefistofx-2368/hero/77471564 And my question is: should i stay with innas generator or should i looking for something else? Ive got almost full uliana set, without ancient lion claw. I wish i could do 75s :(mefistofx6 20 May
17 May Ideas to make Monk better in future patches. Just as the titles states. I want to make a stockpile of ideas to help monk out of the sorry state they are in atm. Inna's pets interaction: I realize we weren't the first to report pet problems but if this is going to be the class' main set. It should at least work from a functional stand point. Literally half the time, half of my allies do nothing. The only thing actually hitting enemies are the ones closest and that meager sweeping wind the air allies have. Wave of Light and Epiphany interaction: So i spent all of season 3 complaining to my friends that my wave of light monk just doesn't crit sometimes. I actually stopped playing wave of light because i thought it was just a bad run of crits like every other mob encounter. Turns out it's a known bug with epiphany that causes wave of light to simply miss(not sure if that's exactly what it is but it certainly feels like it). Any wave of light build i used in season 5 I would remove epiphany from. When a build works better without your staple skill(i.e Epiphany), something needs to be changed. The only reason epiphany is used is for the 50% damage reduction in grifts, otherwise it is 100% replaceable for wave of light variants, especially considering that we can't teleport around with it, with wave of light, because we have to use the range spirit stone for max damage. The addition of a new spender: Monks need another spender. simple as that. This might be a great spot for those clones that come with the sunwuko set. Just thinking out loud. Skill casts clones that taunt enemies before exploding, causing a variation depending on the rune, frozen, stunned, blinded. But please don't hinge all damage increases on mobs being frozen stunned or blinded like you did with tempest rush. Elites get cc immune faster than you might think which means 400%(in the case of the tempest rush bracers) missing damage because the set is designed around something that mobs become immune too. Doesn't seem very intuitive. Also monks don't need to be handicapped anymore, we got enough of that with sunwuko, tempest rush and those cc nightmare bracers Obviously I haven't thought that far into it but now with clones as a skill sunwuko set bonus could be something like: Enemies hit be clones bleed for x% of your LPH(or LPS) for 5-10 secs, the number of bleeding mobs around you increases your LPH or LPS or the damage of your clones. Clone damage would, of course, scale with attack speed making pain enhancer, or gogok a good option. Could also factor clone damage on the number of mobs hit by the initial clone. It would possibly make sunwuko bearable to play but could be a cause of some considerable bleed lag, especially once area damage is factored in. A buff to LTK (Lashing tail kick). It just seems logical given that you can't range with LTK like you can with Wave of light, which is the downfall of all sunwuko builds. If you can't range with it, don't use it. That has been my sunwuko motto ever since first testing the strange sweeping wind mechanic. (I've made my position on sweeping wind quite clear in previous posts) LTK is such an amazing skill idea, but put into practice for a higher grift scenario it just doesn't cut it. Sunwuko doesn't give enough survivability even on top of the 50% damage reduction from sweeping wind. I haven't been able to see any damage potential because i get wrecked as soon as i come into mob attack range, really frustrating. Especially with those stupid archers. They are up there with the bees, the worst of all ranged mobs. A buff to EP. Now i realize what I'm saying and that it might sound ludicrous considering ep can kill a whole screen but hear me out. EP can kill the whole screen yes, but only under specific, agonizingly annoying circumstances. The skill damage hangs on COE, Assimilation of 20+ stacks and Density 20+ mobs. If you are using Inna's like the majority of monks pushing leaderboards in season 5, you have to deal with the frustration of your allies not hitting when you have all your buffs up, timed perfectly. The buff i'm proposing would be to the other runes, not the cold one. Cold has had its day in the sun, the other runes need to be looked at and brought up to a level where cold isn't the only option all the time. The skill that I would personally love to see buffed is seven sided strike, but i want to be able to use it without having to rely on ep. EP is the only reason seven sided strike has relevance anymore but lets take it a step further. What if seven sided strike actually did damage as a standalone skill? I can see the drawbacks of uliana's being too strong or whatever, I don't believe that uliana's is that strong compared to other classes, even with the new buffs. Possible skill idea: SSS each enemy hit increases the damage of the next hit in your barrage. That is to say your first hit of the 7 will be the weakest and each successive hit gets exponentially stronger until the 7th hit, or even more so with the 14th hit with Lion's claw. Feel free to add other possible ideas. Let's try to give Blizz a reason to show monks some love.Mannou8 17 May
16 May 90 Gr solo / Dashing Strike try / video (conduit fail) Hi all! I am Russian, European player. This topic is created to show max potential of Dashing Strike build 2.4.1. I belive that there are monks who wish to see something like that. And I wish that somebody has any suggestions about it+) Diablo 3 Monk solo 90 Gr Dashing strike try {2.4.1} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJz5AwGPL98&feature=youtu.be Diablo 3 Monk Solo 78 Gr Dashing Strike {2.4} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8awk71uBBds Guide http://www.diablofans.com/builds/78504-dashing-strike-2-4-1-88-for-builds-fans Armory http://eu.battle.net/d3/ru/profile/razielider-2137/hero/68248283 P.s. This is just my favorite build, and I have memories of it.RazieLider9 16 May
14 May I'm so lucky ;D 30 minutes ago I got finally lvl 70 on my seasonal monk. To Sesheron to get Cube and a Furnace droped xD At paragon lvl 4... On expert difficulty :D What about u guys? Are u also that lucky on this season?FallenKing5 14 May
13 May Band of the rue chambers? Has anyone actually dropped this? If so, where? I don't know anyone that has but I'd be pretty interested.Rewlz8 13 May
13 May I hit a brick wall at GR65 Hello fellow monks. I don`t think my gear is that bad (U6) but somehow I cannot complete GR65. The damage is too much and most of time I get instagibbed. When I don`t however I find that my damage is too low (even though I crit for 5-10B). Should I focus more on CDR (on rings and gloves) and get a Madstone at the cost of some DPS reduction (some odd 200k)? Or different gems maybe? What (buffed) toughness or paper dps should I aim for? Is my gear that trashy or just getting to this mid-tier GR is just hard? Any help is appreciated. I don`t really want to play SWK as there`s something wrong with a ranged monk IMO. Thanks guys and gals.СопорЕтернус2 13 May
13 May Deperate noob needing assistance with my monk Hi there fellow monks. Okay so I have only picked up the game again in more than a year. To say I'm rusted is an understatement. So I saw there are some new sets out that I haven't had the privilege to obtain yet but there is something else that is more pressing to me. Please have a look at my monk and tell me why he sucks so much. I haven't picked up an upgrade yet since reinstalling the game so the weapons and equipment I have are still from the old days. I compared my dps to some of the other players and thought I should be able to manage on T10. On solo I can do it but dang in multiplayer I struggle BAD!!!!! The other players in my team seem to melt everything even when away from the group yet I can't do anything. When I look at their profile my dps is almost double theirs but I in-game it would seem they do 10 times my dps. I played a little with my skills so they might suck but I was hoping it was just my skills that needed attention. To show how foreign everything is for me, I haven't even obtained all the materials to use on Kanai's. Would this make a massive difference or is there something fundamentally wrong with my monk? You can shoot straight, I don't mind. I'm considering starting a wizard because they seem to melt everything and anything in seconds.Sharpies4 13 May