Witch Doctor

23 Aug 2011 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the Diablo III discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the Diablo III community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The Diablo III forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Diablo III The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to Diablo III, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Zhydaris1 23 Aug 2011
02 Jun 2014 Guides and Resources - Witch Doctors Masters of Spirits and followers of Mbwiru Eikura! In this thread you will find a list of guides and resources focused around the Witch Doctors in Diablo III. Please note: All guides and resources posted in this thread are 100% made by players, and as such we do not guarantee that they will remain accurate and up to date. Also, we do not guarantee that there will always be a guide or resource listed for every conceivable aspect of the Witch Doctor class. Please feel free to send an e-mail to CMTeamEU-Diablo@Blizzard.com tagged with [Community Guide] in the subject if: You have found a guide or resource on this list that is no longer accurate You have found a guide or resource on this list that is just not up to scratch You have found or created a great guide or resource that we have not yet listed ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Guides and Resources - Witch Doctors: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ General: Advice and general WD info by Fean (EU forums) A WD's Guide to Acronyms and Abbreviations by Arbeia (EU forums) WD Proc Coefficients by Arbeia (EU forums) A WD Compendium to the Grin Reaper by Wachati (NA forums) Pet Damage - a collaborative resource for understanding more about Pet builds by PaulNg (NA forums) Jade SH, DoT & Area Damage by PaulNg (NA forums) Builds: Fast Farming Build in RoS by HolyHermit (EU forums) Videos of different WD builds by Wakeman (EU forums) Top 10 Most Popular Elemental Based Builds Updated twice a day (diablo3ladder) The "At My Signal, Unleash Hell" Witch Doctor by OftRepeated (EU blog) The "Venomous Horde" Witch Doctor by Thibbledorf (EU blog) TryHard: Jade Witch Doctor Guide by TryHardGaming (YouTube) The "Crafty Spirits" Witch Doctor by Dardor (EU blog)Vaneras0 02 Jun 2014
19h "bane of the trapped" + Helltooth wd-> 15 yard range Is "bane of the trapped" useful for a Helltooth wd ? wonderig cause the 15 yard range. Aint gonna stand in the middle in high grift'sniller1 19h
1d Pets...fix them please Is it just me or is the pet AI stupid as fk? They barely follow you and you cant command them, i would love for them to be able to attack what you have on cursor. Feels very clunky and overall just poor designed.Deyll1 1d
18 Oct Perdition I've just been one-shotted for the second time by this guy's teleport attack. The only way to fix it seems to be to resurrect at the nearest checkpoint, skip back to the previous level and get the pets back, then cast spirit walk and let the pets finish him off. Any other ideas?Scourge4 18 Oct
17 Oct spirit vessel bugged on hardcore? I just died in hardcore with my WD and my spirit vessel didn't activate. I want to try again but I'm afraid the passive will not work .Quilon32 17 Oct
09 Oct Jade or Helltooth? I cant decide what build should i play... i play both solo and group and enjoy the both? What would you recommend?Genetix3 09 Oct
09 Oct which build for Rift speed farming(gearing up)? T10-T13 atm i use arachyrs angry chicken for solo rift farming but to farm t13 i need much better gear i think right now i am able to farm a T9 rift in 4 - 5 mins with that build. group rift is not so fun with that build it's pretty fast for bounties tho :) how do you farm torment rifts?Remedin1 09 Oct
02 Oct ANCIENT SACRED HARVESTER RE-ROLL ADVICE Re-forged an ancient SH, what should i re-roll? I'm guessing re-roll the vitality to either AD or %dmg? I currently have 80% AD or 97% depending on my gloves and whether i need the life or AD. http://imgur.com/fFg8xBo ThanksDrpie1 02 Oct
21 Sep T13 Speed rift help I'm pretty much done with the journey except for both the speed rifts on T13. I'm finding finishing a T13 rift within 4 and 5 mins absolutely impossible atm. Do you have any advice for me? Running HT garg, T12 is joke with Manajuma, but in T13 I'M the joke ._.Whispered12 21 Sep
18 Sep Is it just me or gargantuan is fkn retarded? I wanted to play full pet wd so much at the start of the season.Now I dont want to see it again.It sux beyond hard to me.My best is GR78 for now and its nothing connected with skillz or the player its all the map and the monsters.Blizzard made WD completely dependant on pets for solo push and the AI of those pets is maybe the same as their devs.Why can you aim the frog when you throw corpse spiders when no1 is using this build or set?Like wtf?PangGblast15 18 Sep
12 Sep Pain Enhancer with pets Just so I understand it, does the Pain Enhancer gem give the 3% IAS for each enemy wihin 20 yds of the character or the pets?Scourge13 12 Sep
04 Sep ROE Nerf - Are you taking the piss Blizzard? Seriously? It might've been strong, but it made WD possible to be the DPS meta, something that hasn't ever happened. Why MUST it always be Wizards that are the main focus in group play? Why can't you change it up? Don't you get that people are sick and tired of playing the exact same game season after season? There's a reason the active number of players drop off by a LARGE margain after the first 1-3 weeks, and that's because people burn out from doing the EXACT SAME they've been doing for the past multiple seasons. It's sad how anyone wanting to deal damage must roll a Wizard time after time. Fix our damage somehow, or make another class dethrone Wizards. I know you guys get next to no revenue from D3, and hence why we see next to no development in D3, but seriously..OnlyStimOnce4 04 Sep
29 Aug pets and stricken how does that gem work whit pets :S do you get the bonus for every att a pet makes ? or only when all the pets have attacked onceznylle3 29 Aug
28 Aug bug guys i have wd my wds build is jade harvester so im using it for speed runs i have 3m+ damage in game with buff so i wanna ask u guys i have full gear and yesterday im gonna one shot everything in game in t13 now i cannot do that my char is bugged can someone help me?Kasap1 28 Aug
21 Aug R45 non-set conquest What's everyone using? I thought about a fire build with Cindercoat and Magefist.Scourge3 21 Aug
19 Aug Have you ever wondered.... how they programmed this insane Gargantuan? it was clearly inspired by this Video :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cmOCl3AAcsAntares0 19 Aug
19 Aug Ancients from the Cube? Not sure if its the RNG gods or an issue with ceremonial knifes but I so far I've crafted... 40 x upgrade rare - Not a single ancient although I did get 2 SMKs 25 x reforge legendary - Again not a single ancient This seems beyond RNG to me. Anyone else managed to an ancient ceremonial using the cube?Thunderblade12 19 Aug
19 Aug Helltooth set dungeon - how? hello guys, so i tried the new set dungeon. like 10 times... no success... i know that it isn't supposed to mean 1 run = 1 set, but at least, it should be doable like 1 out of 5 times, right? my problem is of course the 4x "kill 20 enemies with a single wall of death" objective so: . fetish belt = off follower = dismissed grim reaper = off now i can acutally kill the mobs myself. but guess what, there's never enough mobs. even if i'm running through the map gathering every mob possible, i can do the bonus 2 times max, never 4 times. (and by doing so, i leave too many of them behind, as they're stupid, thus not completing the "kill everything" objective). any idea how to be succesful there?Pekelnik18 19 Aug
19 Aug wd P330 LOOKING FOR TIPS TO IMPROVE/OVERHAUL BUILD AS THE TITLE SAYS, LOOKING for a build to speed up rifts: main items i'm aware of that are missing from my collection witching hour a decent star metal kukri sacred harvester tasker and theo the travellers pledge dagger of darts ring of empty promises i have a full 6 set of jade harvester and helltooth, working on getting ancient versions. can currently solo mid-high 40 greater rifts. advice on maximising efficiency and gathering missing items etc, would be greatly appreciated. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/raskunda-1642/hero/997825raskunda3 19 Aug
19 Aug What is the easiest set dungeons for WD? As title says, wich is the easiest for a total scrub with laggspikes?Stoneflyer6 19 Aug
19 Aug Wilken's Reach question Hi guys, I found a Wilken's reach and have a cubed deadly rebirth, I have been having some fun with it so far this season but I wanted to ask, does the grasp of the dead damage stack, or is it pointless to spam this on bosses/rares? I guess it does not matter either way as it costs no mana and has no cooldown, but I'm just curious.LaserChild92 19 Aug
17 Aug Hotfix the Gargantuan :( So it´s nothing new, the Doctor is the last minute looser this season AGAIN. So whats really anoying? You have to recast the Gargantuan to deal any Dmg, and if you die the second you recast it you can go and have a drink or something... I think if you have the Spell Gargantuan it should not have a Cooldown.. if nothing die´s you have no Cooldown reduction... So we really need to have more control where they go. The Button could be a "GO TO" command or they should have a general "Attack the ELITES" I am tired of seeing the Gargs spreading out hitting one shi.tmob while the Monk pulled away the elite from there 30 seconds ago.Antares6 17 Aug
16 Aug WD Pets not proccing Oculus Ring on follower This has been reported before but I have not seen any 'activity' on this matter. Does anyone know if is going to be patched this season? Or is it intended and is another thing that pets are not supposed to do? EDIT: Removed useless paragraph.ApoAlaia1 16 Aug
14 Aug Zunimassa problems This set clearly lacks something, i'm not sure if it is simply thoughness or the lack of damage. Why is this not the go-to set when it comes to pets, instead of a (not-intended) helltooth? Zuni alone leaves places for loads of variants (endless walk/ focus-restraint/ zuni ring + other options), plus it supports carnevil builds wich way more witchdoctory then any viable build atm (2.4.2). Do you think anything will change for WD this patch? Anyway, discuss zuni and it's flaws/positives.HIMYM2 14 Aug
14 Aug Need improvement for gr Looking for constructive feedback I've done gr 63 and probably can go to 65 68 max what's next upgrades I need ty for your timeGothicwolf7 14 Aug
14 Aug HT Firebats gr 105+ Hi guys, Just to let you know, a friend of mine TMaster created actually a quite good DPS build around firebats. We have been testing it since ROE nerf on EU servers.. We managed to clear 103 using 2 Firebats WD with not optimized gear few days ago. And here is the final result of our testing. Check it out and enjoy! http://www.diablofans.com/builds/82419-2-4-2-helltooth-firebats-dps-105saansord2 14 Aug
14 Aug bonus to gold radius working even without using it ? Hi, i was making some attempts to the Avarice Conquest and, i was attempting to do some tactics for wich i need/want to have ZERO bonus to gold radius, so i removed all of this stat from my gears and even dismissed all pets and follower but STILL, when i kill a mob at distance, i noticed that i pick up the gold in the ground without moving from standing from like 5 or even 10 yards away, so i need some clarifications, maybe i missed something from latest patches and they introduced increased gold radius with paragon increase ? I don't understand why, if i don't want to pick it up, i can grab gold from distance without any gold radius bonus on my gears, thank you for any answers.Kyashan1 14 Aug
11 Aug Eskandiel need advice/help please :) Im currently trying to clear GR87 and everything is going semi okay :) isnt cleared yet but it should happen soon enough In one of my failed attempts i face off with eskandiel, but are you kidding me ? :D holy crap ! really? I dont see any way a WD with pets clear this boss at a high level with a time worth talking about. I wont complain too much about the no warring pull/vortex that hurt like no tomorrow but the fact that my pets had little to no uptime on the boss itself due to amount of adds and knockback. I mean the adds themself arent really the problem but the teleports and knockback is :) so your pets are all over the map, and resummoning is ricky if the crazy vortex get you :D It took freaking 7 mins to kill the boss. with a 2 or 3 deaths that is but the timer was already out so no time really added there. There is few others that take longer then avg. like Perendi/Perdition but he is no where near as annoying as eskandiel ! anyone got any good tactic to get this annoying boss down abit faster?Random4 11 Aug
11 Aug My pet doc any thoughts to help me get better ? I use a build I created based on my loots, I am still lving her but build seems strong and very effective, clearing t9 easily, just want to share it with you and talk over it :) I named the build - Do not rain on my parade :p - Check my profile http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sophiemj-2745/hero/71693152 . I play solo and slow to enjoy the season at full speed :) TY in advance.Sophiemj2 11 Aug
08 Aug garganturan problem!!! Im obviously pet build, i have fetish, zombie dogs and garganturan, all fkin pets atacks but the retards garganturan just stay put and look around doing nothing. They have fixed this in previously patches just in PATCH NOTES in game garganturan is still retarded...Bobdinro8 08 Aug
06 Aug Viable builds for 2.4.2 hc? Is there any tanky build for 2.4.2 for quick gr70s? I was sure to play wd but after yesterday nerf im confused. Dont think so I will head for more than 75 solo. Are there any nice lon builds ?Reborn1 06 Aug
05 Aug 2.4.2 Wd dmg dealer nerf!! So wasnt 2.4.2 suppose to even out dmg dealers. Meaning other dmg dealers classes should be able to replace Wizards?! Appereantly not. I did gr l 83 solo with my LoN Poison Dart before patch with pretty much insane gear. Now with the nerfs i have a hard time doin 80!! Pointless to play on actually if you cant progress. Useless patch.Wheninrome8 05 Aug
05 Aug Should i Ye so should i play wd or its just waste of time atm? Looks like everyone needs barbs now..Remorselessx2 05 Aug
29 Jul WD Defensive Scaling Hello, Been playing D3 since vanilla, with WD as my main most of the time. Is it just me or does WD have very sub-par defensive scaling compared to the other classes? Let's break it down: Swampland Attunement: Nice defensive bonuses for trash, trash for RG. Should in theory scale well with Confidence ritual, except you're so squishy the risk tends to outweigh the benefits, if you can run both at all that is. Case and point - Jade Harvester: You need to run spirit vessel, creeping death, grave injustice and you have one slot left (provided you play Endless Walk, not hellfire) which will be taken by either confidence ritual or swampland attunement. No synergy between passives allowed for the set. You try to offset this with Esoteric Alteration but you're still leagues less survivable compared to any other class (maybe except DH which you'd be on par with) Pretty much the same story for Helltooth, except you get to run both passives but no esoteric which puts you back right where you began. Now let's look at a wizard. DMO wizards are virtually immortal thanks to the APD and HoA combo. Provided density isn't helping, they have the defensive bonus of Time Warp + esoteric alteration. The class set/passive/gem synergy is so much more cohesive. And i'm assuming this is a Energy Twister wiz. If you're running orbs you might as well compare some guy in a loincloth (the WD) with some guy who's in a bunker on a battlecruiser behind shields (A wizz buffed by shields, and dmg reduction to the point where you actually consider if it's worth the effort avoiding affixes) TL;DR sumup: the WD needs some changes to his playstyle that facilitate defensive synergy between skills; gems and sets. You have jungle fortitude and bad medicine which are almost never used...Perhaps it's time to fix the class instead of just patching it every now and then...Markaleth7 29 Jul
29 Jul WD SUGGESTION - WAVE OF MUTILATION RUNE I think it would be really cool if one of the WD sets removed the cooldown of wave of mutilation and increased its damage significantly enough to be used as a primary ability in the endgame stages. It's a really fun looking skill, but of course the only useful piranha skill rune is piranhado. Thoughts? (Pets are cool but they're getting old)Heimdall0 29 Jul
27 Jul Is Cloud of Bats and Life on Hit broken?? I just went to kill Ghom at T10 and his gas was killing me more than my LOH was replenishing my life. And i have 100k Life on hit so this is not normal... Is there a bug or something?? Cheers.AreoHotah2 27 Jul
27 Jul Name that Spirit Barrage item! with the new spirit barrage item incoming, blizz doesn't have a name for it yet. let's give them a hand! my suggestion - Lakumbas' Infuser.KushiSensei1 27 Jul
21 Jul Green gem vs. % Damage So... I'm pretty new to D3. I'm trying to understand the "Damage/Toughness/Recovery" stats. I've been following this guide for angry chicken build (patch 2.4) http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/witch-doctor-angry-chicken-build-with-arachyr-set-patch-2-4 My question is... let's take weapon... the suggested stat priority is: 1. Damage range 2. Intellect 3. % Damage 4. Cooldown Reduction If I enchant the weapon with +10% damage (which is max), I says my DAMAGE is around 561k. If I enchant with a socket and a 130% Critical Hit Damage my DAMAGE is around 656k. Yet the previous mentioned stat priority does not mention socket. Now I know that DAMAGE is more than just numbers, and set bonus etc. makes a huge difference, that isn't accounted for in the DAMAGE numbers. Is it like that for say "% Damage" and others as well? Even though my DAMAGE number is higher with the green gem, it seems as if mobs were dying faster with the 10% damage enchant instead?!?Goel8 21 Jul
20 Jul Hardcore WD's for S7 Hi! I'm looking for WD's to join my team for season 7. I am going to be pushing for the conquests and aim to reach rank 1. If you are an experienced (WD) player, let me know and we can do some testing and practicing. At the moment I am hitting lvl 70 in 1h 30 mins and have a solid plan for post 70 gameplay. If you're interested, add me ingame: alirawidduh#2875AliRawidDuh0 20 Jul
20 Jul Helltooth Meta...afk borefest I realise fun is subjective but doesn't anyone else feel the current meta build is boring? I love WD and have pretty much played it exclusively since vanilla after initially becoming frustrated with Monk, we have some cool sets and I love the season vibe but its a shame that nothing comes close to the current meta build.Orjan17 20 Jul
17 Jul Dream Rift to push grift what is the best map and mob combo for witch doctor?Fran1 17 Jul
17 Jul [Helltooth] which item to improve next? I pushed gr 90 3 days ago, and had 7 attempts to 91,(one of them was pretty close, I am sure I will get 91 soon). I don't think my gear can carry me to gr 92 tho, so my question is which item to upgrade? PS: my compass rose is a pain in an @$$ to reroll, but i am not sure if I should continue rerolling it. my wd: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fran-3259/hero/75944452Fran1 17 Jul
14 Jul Can't find Zunimassa Set Dungeon?! Hi there, I'm trying to get the Zunimassa set pieces by doing the set dungeon. But cannot find it?! So I watched the youtube movie of where to find it. I went to Act 3, The Core of Arreat. But the set dungeon entrance is not there?! I play in season 5, and have 6 set pieces of jade. So I should be eligible to enter. So I think I did something wrong. I went on my main WD at Non-season, went to Act 3, The Core of Arreat and on my main the set dungeon entrance was available. Is there some other requirements like minimum paragon level?Imakittymeow7 14 Jul
11 Jul Interacting problem in Angry Chicken form Sometimes im having problem interacting with stuff (loot,portals,chests, etc) in angry chicken mode! Anyone else having this problem? Is it a bug it should be like this (dont think so) ? Also the teleport interrupted when the chicken form expired thats annoying as well.Jépé6 11 Jul
11 Jul helltooth set+jeram's mask i searched google and didn't find a real clear answer to my question: is it 2x 100% (for the dogs and gargantuan) = 200% from the mask x1400% from the set ? (= 2800% for dogs and gargantuan) is it 2x 100% (for the dogs and gargantuan) = 200% from the mask +1400% from the set ? (= 1600% for dogs and gargantuan) is it 1x 100% (for the dogs and gargantuan) = 100% from the mask +1400% from the set ? (= 1500% for dogs and gargantuan) this is one of the few questions i still have, i hope someone has the correct answer, tyRUNtoFUN0 11 Jul
01 Jul Does zunimasa do well with sacrifice? I asked here http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/271863/does-zunimasa-6-set-bonus-affect-sacrifice/271867?noredirect=1#comment381533_271867 and the answer is no. Can anyone clarify?letstrade0 01 Jul
22 Jun [Helltooth] What item to upgrade next? Hello, it will be appreciated if you can check my profile http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/UFC-2437/hero/78481380 / http://i.imgur.com/4PqXePj.jpg and give me an advice for what item upgrade to go next. Options: 1. Right now i am trying to get ancient shoulders with the right stats (pain in the ***, 30 000+ shards and 2500 DB in)? 2. To go for ancient Mask of Jeram? 3. To go for better Compass Rose? (this one i hate - spent 2000 souls for re-rolling and got nothing the last time). 4. Other? Thank you!UFC1 22 Jun
13 Jun question about jade harvester 300 seconds of damage The last bonus of the Jade harvester set is that it does 300 seconds of damage at once when you do soul harvest on enemies affected by locust swarm and haunt. I was wondering if this also applies to gems like the gem of efficasious and the pain enhancer?MetalHead4 13 Jun
13 Jun I hate Zunimassas Set Dungeon Failed it four times today with 1/2 enemies left alive. Usually with 20+ seconds on the clock when it ticks down to 1/2 and I get to run around desperately hunting as the time ticks away. All the set dungeons are !@#$, but this one I hate with a passion. That is all. Edit: Did it the try after making this post. Typical. My point still stands though, sucky set dungeon is sucky. They all are.Elicas1 13 Jun