Technical Support

3d CROWDS! A League of Extraordinary Helpers! Nearly a year ago, our Support team began piloting an initiative to connect helpful members of our community and share their game mastery with their fellow players. We hoped we'd see the same kind of awesome advice and friendly interaction through CROWDS that our forum and gaming communities have always provided. We certainly weren't disappointed! With that in mind we have not only decided to continue with the program, but to upgrade it! We're excited to update everyone and share these new features. First, for those who may not be familiar with it: What is CROWDS? CROWDS is a mobile-friendly system which connects knowledgeable players willing to share their experience with players seeking advice! It allows you to select various categories you may be familiar with (i.e. StarCraft, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, etc...) and help answer game related questions being asked on Twitter. Until now, the system was just in its testing phase, and we're finally ready to introduce it in all, well... most (!) of its glory! With this update, we're Including a new reward system and leaderboard. Click here to find out more!Tyryndar0 3d
17 Feb 2015 Common Issues & Fixes – Read Before Posting! Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. High level Greater Rift lag KNOWN ISSUE: Caused by certain spell/item combinations. The developers are investigating. AMD Desolate Sands crash Please see here. I've found a bug! Please submit your bug reports here. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck /slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Regular disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help you: Ananda Cazzéh Celiby Danellos DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon Saneko ShammozNatryndon2 17 Feb 2015
23m battlenet launcher so my launcher will not load, i cannot delete it as it tells me to patch it, i cant patch it because it wont load. manual patching did not work. force uninstall did not work, was working fine yesterday morning. I had to delete the files and reinstall the otherday and it worked but not now. what else can i do?sam0 23m
2h diablo 2 so my cousin offer me his old games and in those there were diablo 2 lord of destruction dlc. i wanted to know if i buy the diablo 2 avaiable in the battlenet can i install the dlc or do i have to buy both the original game and the dlc? thank you for your timejosefodias2 2h
3h Stuttering just reinstalled for the first time in 3 years, game runs at 300+fps but stutters like mad, looks like it's running at 30-60fps a lot of the time, really disappointing. Running on a GTX 1070, 6700k and SSD in fullscreen windowed.BarnabyJones0 3h
6h Game Freeze Well this issue seems to have raised it's ugly head again. I am trying to play rifts and as I am going through them the game decides to freeze and then restarts, where it left off. I know my PC is powerful enough to run the game and no other game freezes only Diablo III, WoW is fine, Overwatch is fine, as is Elder Scrolls Online and PoE. So Obviously if I am not the only one something has been f**ked up. Any ideas...CrazyMage5 6h
10h Request Timed out error 3006 I get this error in 'retrieving hero list', and when I am lucky and it goes to my hero and I can play everything is extremely slow and I can do nothing. I have checked my internet connection and speed and everything is normal, I have reset my router many times nothing works. Am I the only one with this problem? Is there something I can do to fix this? Thank YouSilveria16 10h
13h Season Journey Bug I cant complete Destroyer part of season journey, as it says I am missing "Easy", which is to complete 1 conquest. I have completed 2 conquest so far, Boss mode and a Divinity. Any ideas ?Strike13 13h
18h Set item duplicate Hi guys, just to thank you for a duplicate pants in haedrig's gift. Finished chapter 4 last night as a WD and instead of having full set i have 2x pants and no shoulders. I was told no one will give a f**k about it, but here i am writing this...Spelac0 18h
21h Greater rift bug I just opened a greater rift, and when I want to enter it, the screen flashes black for 0,5 seconds and that's it. I can't enter the rift but the portal stays open.....MetalHead1 21h
23h Game crash after pressing play gives me weird codes 336267C3-E5EF-442D-BB64-525EE0095DC7 not always the same either, then sometimes changes my screen resolution aswell. Stared randomly. Game worked fine about 3 hours before that, closed my laptop and after opening this happens.BlackSnail1 23h
23h Connection lost to Bettle.Net (Error 3007) Keep getting disconnected from and Diablo shuts down. This is happening anywhere from once every hour to once every 10min or so. Any suggestion on what to do?rooB1 23h
23h Game Freeze/crash on authentication screen just want to ask if this also happens to all diablo 3 player. recently my game keeps on crashing/freezing in the authentication server page.. not just crash it freezes i cannot access even the the task manager of my pc, so i was forced to turn off and on again my laptop just to run it again.. i tried to re-installed the game still the same problem, i reinstalled the client but still the same problem.. it happens recently but before im able to play this game smoothly.. hope you can help me with this issue.. thanksackhie1 23h
1d Lag problem since 2.4.2 I'm having lag hops, and everything stops for 2-3 secs.. and repeats every 2mins. Ping jumps to red. It only happens in D3, anyone else having this issue?smiLey64 1d
1d I get errors all over the site, even at support. so I finaly decided to get the game but before I can even verify the key I need to set up a security question. thing is, whenever I try to do that ( have been trying to do that every 5 minutes for the past 2 hours ) I get the message : "Whoops! Looks like something went wrong. Please give us a few minutes and try your request later.". after a while I tried to create a ticket and sure enough, all I get is SOMETHING WENT WRONG ON OUR END An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later. Blizzard Support Home Error code: 4018cc63-7f35-4ef3-85e6-b2af366d31f8 no matter what I do I seem to get crappy errors everywhere. what can I do now.RichardX18 1d
1d Xbox360 Controller Hello, does anyone know if/how I can play Diablo 3 with my Xbox360 Controller? TYNakku3 1d
1d Game crash After 2.2 there's like 3-4 crashes a day. Most of them happen while i am in rift. Game crashes, takes me to desktop and then black screen. I am trying to alt + tab to go back to game but it doesnt work. Ending d3 process in task manager and entering the game again after the crash freezes the whole pc and only restarting it works. The last week this crashes occured alot. Here is my d3debug and dxdiag: d3debug dxdiag: 1d
2d Conquests bug Hi, I did 2 conquests this season: - Boss Mode - Curses I see them as done i achievments window (Y) but in journey tracker (shift J) i still got step 'Ease' (complete 1 conquest) as not done. Clearly a bug, can you fix that please?Marcin2 2d
2d Gray screen after hitting Play Every time I hit play in the BNET launcher, the game opens to a gray screen. Sound goes through and I can click around the menu, but I have no visuals. Graphics card is supported by the game, and I meet the requirements for the game, I've made sure. EDIT: It won't let me post my dxdiag.honeyman222 2d
2d High DPI mouse lag workaround. Hello all, I've decided to share a workaround which I discovered few months ago. Blizzard broke D3 mouse movement around 2 years ago and since then everyone who isn't using 100% DPI scale is experiencing mouse slow (lag) movement. 100% DPI is pain for some users, my personal example 15 inch laptop with FHD which uses 125% scaling for normal use. I was so frustrated switching DPI every time I wanted to play the game so I started digging around this issue. What I found: Remember when u first install D3 and your mouse moves as it should and the second time you start it becames slow again? So I discovered that every time you start D3 it triggers "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings", Compatibility tab on Diablo III.exe. So when I removed the tick, guess what... the mouse movement was normal once again, when I closed the game I've noticed that the tick was back so when starting again the mouse lag was back. What I did was a simple batch file which I use before starting the game each time. It deletes a registry value which D3 exe recreates every time. REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\appcompatflags\layers" /v "c:\program files (x86)\diablo iii\diablo iii.exe" /f "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\appcompatflags\layers" corresponds to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" option "c:\program files (x86)\diablo iii\diablo iii.exe" is the value corresponding to diablo iii.exe location /v key is for value, you need to delete a value, not a registry key /f key is for force so you won't receive prompts every time you start it After doing this I can game with normal mouse movement on 125% scaling. I don't have to switch thousand times my DPI anymore. ATTENTION! This works for me, it is not guaranteed that it will work for everyone. My Setup: Laptop Lenovo Y700 15' Windows 10 Home 64 Bit CPU: I7 6700HQ Primary Video Adapter: Intel HD 530 Secondary Video Adapter: Nvidia GTX 960M RAM: 12GB DDR4 2133mhz SSD 128GB MSata Samsung HDD 1 TB 5400RPM Western Digital Display LG-Phillips 15' FHD External Devices: Wireless mouse: A4 Bloody R3 Happy mouselag free gaming everyone! PS Blizzard please take a look, here is your solution... just implement it... make your high DPI customers happy.Shashmahal1 2d
2d D3 Crashes my PC(Hard Reset) Morning all, After not playing much this season I fancied a game, especially after installing my new RX 470! Unfortunately, every time I hit the play button in the launcher my PC freezes up and requires a hard reset. Every other game I play runs perfectly. (Division, PoE, CIV 5, NMS(don't judge!)etc.) I have the latest AMD drivers(installed today). Running Windows 10 1511(NOT Anniversary Update, too many issues with it) AMD A10 7850k 8gb Radeon R9 Gaming RAM AMD RX 470 Hope someone can help.TQBatman9 2d
2d New graphics card, now won't load D3. I've just upgraded to a new GPU - nothing top-of-the-range, but a marked improvement on my old one - and now D3 won't load, just giving me a flickering black screen with an equally unstable cursor until I ALT-F4 out. I've checked and double-checked my drivers, and they're 100% up to date (released a week ago). The new card is an AMD Radeon R7 250. I know there have historically been issues with D3 and AMD cards, but as I say my drivers are completely up to date (and I was playing yesterday on an older Radeon model with very probably out-of-date drivers). Has anyone resolved a similar problem?Yewb10 2d
2d unexpeted erron on diablo3 "the application encounter un expeted error" after push play on batle net opens a new window with this mesage. I cannot play diablo 3 WHYYYY?? THE REPORT ID OF THIS ERROR IS: 5B01FC05-BB66-4851-AEBF-4B6EAB121F48 I never seen this beforeZekaDiablo0 2d
2d Mouse Lag My mouse in D3 has like a .5 second lag to it, but only while tabbed into D3. Is this a setting? I've never had this issue before.ToxicPrint2 2d
2d Got strange sluttering!? I got strange sluttering with stable 150 fps and thats not only on diablo but on hots too. I tried EVERYTING! Any help?Rushbringer0 2d
2d Error 300016, stuck on Hero List Retrieval - Details of issue: I cannot play Diablo III, won't get past Hero List Retrieval and gives error code 300016. - Extra information: The last time I played Diablo III was about a year ago (on a different PC) today I decided to give it another go. I forgot my username and password but managed to do a recovery and changed my password. Proceeded to install the game. tried to play. All on the same day. - Things already tried: Running stuff in Administrator Mode Elevating directory priviliges for software. Reboot of pc and router. Flushed DNS. Scan & Fix errors. Checked for updates. Pathping (no packet loss) - Date/time it started: Today 22-10-2016 Around 16:00 - City/Country: Netherlands - Internet Provider: Brabantnet (?) - Traceroute & Pathping 0 YavgaHQ [] 1 [] 2 [] 3 4 5 [] 6 [] 7 8 9 10 0 YavgaHQ [] 0/ 100 = 0% | 1 2ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% [] 0/ 100 = 0% | 2 2ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% [] 0/ 100 = 0% | 3 7ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% | 4 7ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% | 5 7ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% [] 0/ 100 = 0% | 6 8ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% [] 0/ 100 = 0% | 7 8ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% | 8 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% | 9 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% | 10 8ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 2d
2d Cant open the game. Hey! I still cant open Diablo 3 (reaper ), it says "Diablo 3 cant intiliaze 3D3 or something, really need help here. What to do? Thank you.Luonnokki6 2d
2d Character stuck at lvl 60 Hello! I started a HC season character and played with some friends untill hitting lvl 60 at wich point i went and bought RoS. After buying the expansion no matter how i tried i couldnt level past 60 but instead gained paragon levels. I checked in account management that my game version is reaper of souls and also tried restarting and reinstalling the game.DIABLOLOGIN0 2d
2d New To Game . I cant upgrade my game Hello Everyone ! Im New To Diablo 3 i just bought the Diablo 3 Reaper of souls Expansion set . . I Install it and waited for patch until my game become Playble . . even tho the patch is not complted yet . . anyway .. i log in the game and then when it asked me to choose a Hero .. I tried to pick the Crusade .. but it told me that i have to upgrade my game to the Expansion set . . how to upgrade it ? where i can find the upgrading code? all what was in the box was 2x Guest Pass For Diablo 3 and wow and 1 free cards pack for hearthstone ! and a quick start guide thing . . Please Help me . . how can i upgrade my account to the Expansion set ?!Nodie20 2d
3d Game/laptop freeze on startup diablo 3 When I startup Diablo 3, the game and my laptop freeze one the 'Server Authendication' screen. ( photo of the screen: ) Nothing works, not alt-f4, not ctrl-alt-del.. nothing, the only thing that works is to force powerdown my laptop. I don't know if there's an error or something else because I can't get out of the frozen screen. I've tried everything on: but nothing works. Drivers and system both are up to date.. Overwatch, Hearthstone and other games run without a problem. Does anybody got a suggestion?Toshima0 3d
3d Missing Hero? I'm missing my hero on my Diablo 3 account, I haven't played for a few months and I know I had one. What happened to it?Shmurfs7 3d
3d Can't seem to use wings. Help. I started playing D3 again and wanted to use any one of the several sets of wings I have gained through SE purchases of various games. Each earned set of wings shows up in my "stash" but im unsure of how to equip them. In the past I have to carry them around in my inventory and the desired set of wings would appear on my character. I have noticed since many updates ago that now certain rewards show up in options to customize a character. But the only items I see are my white wings from D3-SE, a Probe pet from SC2 LOV-SE, another pet from a D3 reward, and various banners from purchases or cross promos or achievements. Many of my other rewards (mainly my SC2 HS-SE wings) and 2 other sets of wings and an in game pet BUDDY - all just take up space and im not sure how to equip any of these. I have been out of D3 for an extended amount of time until recently, so please don't fatality me. Maybe im just clueless or doing something wrong.DamnDoink1 3d
3d Diablo 3 reaper of souls crash Hi, I need advices on this sudden pc restarts I'm having while playing d3ros. I bought the expansion recently, I played a lot without it and I really liked it, so decided to buy ros. So, the problem is these sudden pc crashes/restarts which only happen with expansion, not on standard d3. Screen goes black and after a few seconds restarts, sometimes after half an hour of playing, sometimes after 10 min. My opinion is, the expansion has something weird on it. I hope you can help me out, thx in advance.mao1 3d
3d Network Disconnect Hi , i have an issue with Diablo 3 RofS game , when i get into the game it says , ( Network disconnect : your client been disconnected from the server ) . By the way im playing on Europe server , hope we find a solution , its been +- a year i been having this issue , thenk you in advance ;)Alucard12 3d
18 Oct Can't validate quests on cooperative Hello, I can't validate quests on cooperative mode : "the time trap" (did 3 times) and "the demonic prisoner" (once) on the battlefield of eternity. I could validate others quests before and after these ones, but not these particular two. Thanks by advance.Suppaman1 18 Oct
18 Oct Help? Where did my old gear go? So, when season 7 started I re-birthed my witch doctor - expecting all her gear to appear in non-season heroes mail. But no. I just thought I had remembered wrong and played whenever I got the time, and forgot about it.. And now I went to get my things and get my old gear on etc.. but no old gear? I first thought maybe I had went blind, thought that maybe I had gotten it when I started and checked my stash, every character I have etc.. Still no gear. Is there any way to get it back now, or is it all too late and I have to start over? :| (Guessing this is the proper place to post it, as it's the only place under support)errgaia3 18 Oct
17 Oct sound on diablo 3 gone I have no sound on diablo 3. The sound works perfectly on wow and on preseason 8 message. ran the game repair and had no rrsultfltrocktiger4 17 Oct
17 Oct BLZBNTAGT00000840 - FIXed it I've tried everything suggested in Blizzard's support page. Still I cant play the game. The up-date cant be made. Windows 10 Home Asus GL552VW laptop (24GB Ram, GTX960M) .. all drivers are up to date What should I do?BokoTikvata3 17 Oct
17 Oct Game crash whem i try to open the game it keeps crashing. i have tryid to reinstall but it keeps happening B9E11EF3-C711-437A-A4D2-44E4CF6C2378GrumpyKitten1 17 Oct
17 Oct D3 PTR server down When will D3 PTR servers be up again? Get the message thet they are down for maintenance and got that message for several days now.Hellraiden5 17 Oct
17 Oct cannot connect to americas i just installed RoS, played one time on the Americas server and now I cannot logging anymore, it stuck at the image with connecting to serverIceDruid1 17 Oct
17 Oct Stash is gone Logged in yesterday. Used my season character as always and couldn't do adventure. Said i had to finish campaign. (which I had years ago) started campaign and all my stash was gone. Only thing i had was the gear on me and the money. Finished campaign and tried adventure but same problem. I have not rebirth nor another character setting. Didn't touch it from one game to the other.slampemil1 17 Oct
17 Oct Account confusion + serial code lost? Dear staff and/or technical support, I've bought Diablo 3 about 1 year ago for €49 in the store. After playing a monk character and only playing 1 or 2 days, school came and I had no more time to play video games anymore. As of today Diablo 3 had been uninstalled from my laptop, since I updated Windows 7 to Windows 8. So I put back in my installation CD and install and Diablo 3. But I couldn't remember what my account's e-mail address and password were. So since I have 2 e-mail addresses and often switch out those two to register for anything online, I tried both of them and both of them worked. So having 2 accounts, I didn't care which one to log in with and play. I opened Diablo 3 and made a new character (there was no character made yet, also not the monk I played on about 1 year ago), but I didn't think about that yet at that time. After playing and reaching level 10, suddenly a message pops up in-game saying I'll have to upgrade Diablo 3 to play any further game content like quests etc. That shocked me, so asap I go to the website, log-in on both accounts to check which one had a serial code on it and it seemed both of my accounts had Diablo 3 "Starter Edition". So I thought I might've never used my serial code before, since my monk from 1 year ago probably didn't even reach level 10. The serial code had already been used... So now my question is if I've ever used the code (maybe on a 3rd account, which I highly doubt). And if not if someone else might've used my code? Maybe by guessing, using a key generator or however those "hackers" work to play a game for free. Is there any way to check whether I have a 3rd account with my serial code if I sent the code to a staff member or someone from the support team? Or is my €49 flushed in the drain, because no-one demanded a serial key from me before reaching level 10 and now that key has just been used by someone else or just won't work anymore? I have no clue what to do, so could someone please help me? Thanks a lot ChrizieTSCChrizieTSC11 17 Oct
17 Oct HELP!ERROR 3005!!! HELP!ERROR 3005!!! Hello, I'm a Taiwan player. Yesterday afternoon I was in the game, the game suddenly went wrong, tips: 与 连线时发生错误 (error 3005). This phenomenon has not been met for a long time, I think this should not be the reason for the server load, because at this time S7 has just ended, the game does not have too many players. My network is normal, the game did not use a proxy service software, ERROR 3005 suddenly appeared, the role of DH has gone, I cannot accept it, because I play the HC , which is a big blow for me. So,I want to ask for your help, and I hope to restore this role. Although this idea is a little luxury, but I still want to try, I do not want to be a game of non competitive factors, especially in the D3 server without any pressure. My character in HC is DH, called 西江月圓. Thank you very much. Wish you happy .雨季的夢1 17 Oct
17 Oct [Linux] Diablo III on Intel HD 5600 under Wine Hi there! Unfortunately, when I trying to start D3 with IntelHD 5600 (i7-5700HQ), I see an error, that videocard missing some features and suggestion to upgrade drivers ( ). But I remember that I pretty well played D3 even on IntelHD videocards of previous generation. Also, it is no info anywhere about what exactly features it misses. Also, it is no D3Prefs anywhere (neither in Data_D3 in game folder, nor in "My Documents") P.S. I do understand, that "Linux is not a target platform for Blizzard" P.P.S.: D3Debug.txt: P.P.S. I just tried to run other 3D games under wine and they works pretty fine. But Diablo3 still whining about "unsupported features" :(mva0 17 Oct
16 Oct No mouse cursor in fullscreen Hello First, I'd like to say that I know there is a way to "fix" this by playing in windowed-mode. So I don't need 15 posts telling me to do that. :) Today I read about the new patch for Diablo III, and since I've not been playing this game since november last year when I got my character to level 60 and completed inferno, I thought why not download the patch and see if I can get hooked on this fantastic game again! :) I logged on just to see I couldn't use fullscreen cause I have my windows 8.1 set to maximum zoom-level on everything. I need to use these settings cause I play all my games on my Macbook Pro 15" Retina (late 2013) and my Windows resolution is 2880x1800. According to a post I found on your support site I need to change the zoom-level in my Windows settings every time I want to play. See: I can't put the game in fullscreen window-mode cause then it wants to run in my Windows resolution, and that just won't work cause my computer isn't powerful enough to do that. So, I either have to resize everything in Windows, restart my computer and then run the game, or change my Windows resolution and run the game in fullscreen window-mode. I'm not happy with that fix. I know you probably didn't mean for this bug to be there, but all I want to know is are you planning on fixing this? Cause I went to read your technical forum about the known bugs and I couldn't find this problem in the thread, even though you do know about it. So, will this be fixed soon or should I uninstall and check back in a year again?Tartin24 16 Oct
15 Oct Windows 10 Mouse Input Lag Hi, I have been experiencing severe mouse input lag. Anyone know of a fix?IamDOT6 15 Oct
15 Oct No sound. Hello. I played Diablo recently and stuff was working fine, but when I logged in today I got no sound in any stage of the game. I have the same headset, in the same port, with the same settings as last time (As I never unplug it) Here is what I have done; - Checked windows sound mixer (It's not muted, at 100% but no green bar is showing for sound). - I checked all sound settings in game to make sure they were enabled. I disabled sound to then enable sound again, restarted the game but that didn't fix it either. - I've used another headset which did not fix it. - Swapped USB ports. - Checked drivers for both razer synapse software and drivers for my pc. - I get sound in all other blizzard games + everywhere else. I can't think of anything else to do as of now, and hope someone here can point me in another direction, cheers.Fluffy28 15 Oct
15 Oct Possible Connection Issue from Israel I'm from Israel and for a couple of days straight, after 21.00 evening i get high latency (over 1.5k), which makes the game unplayable. I called my provider- they say there are no problems on their end. I've been having these issues with the previous season as well, but not as often as now. Does anyone have any suggestions on possible ways of fixing this? Thanks.AnimaSola55 15 Oct