Installation halted whilst downloading, so I killed it off and tried to restart it. It didn't progress so I went back to CD setup exe and ran that again which gives me the error:
"Failed to read a required file. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactivate your anti-virus software, and try again."
I have the same issue, except that I already downloaded the game and even played once, but since they brought down the servers, I get this error whenever I open the game at the initializing mini-screen. Why would it have worked for a couple hours and now I can't even open the game.
Blues? Any suggestions?
I had hoped that this would be fixed after the servers were brought back up, but nope. still happening
But damn the launcher for crashing when I was hoping it would be done by the time I got home from work.
- Stop any process like agent.exe and any other from blizzard.
- Go to "C:\Program Files" and rename your "Diablo III" to "Diablo IIIa" or any other name you want.
- Start the Diablo III installer, let it begin, let it start the download, close the installer after a minute or so from X.
The installer will create a new folder "Diablo III" in your "C:\Program Files".
- Copy all your *.mpq files from your old "Diablo IIIa\Data_D3\PC\MPQs" to the new created "Diablo III\Data_D3\PC\MPQs".
- Start the installer again, it will hat to download only about 70 MB and you can play.
Have fun. ;)