Got Diablo 3 recently. Loving it so far. Amazing game!
Is anyone else getting micro stutter issues with AMD Cards?
My spec is:
i5 2500 3.3GHz
I can run the game on full max settings, with Vsync enabled and I never drop below 50FPS. However, when I'm walking across a map, sometimes I'll notice a micro suttering.
I know it's nothing to do with my PC as members of another forum I frequent are reporting the same issue.
Who is here is getting Micro stuttering on AMD Cards?
Which is strange, as it should have the same effect.
If you set max fps at a fixed rate it will never go higher but can be any number between zero and set max fps so in your case all from 0-60 without jumping between 15,30,60 etc.
So vsync and FPS cap is entirely different.
On my pc i should run Diablo 3 on max and never ever experience this since can play BF3 on ultra and never get this problem?
Also you can not run BF3 on ultra in multiplayer at constant playable FPS with a 7850, search google to see what ultra requires.
I got a 7970 and I can run 32 player maps decent enough on preset ultra and my card is alot faster then yours. But the bigger maps tend to lower the FPS drops a bit and more then 32 player maps I have to lower some settings.
You might be able to play single player in ultra but not multiplayer.
EDIT: A quick search on trusted benchmark sites the average FPS in BF3 single player with a 7850 in Ultra 1920x1080 is 43 FPS. So no shot to play in near playable when playing multi player.
So don't write here and lie.
It comes and goes, it seems if i just tap my right mouse and set off one of my attacks it stops stuttering for a few moments, only to come right back randomly.
I also tried disabling crossfire and trying with one card, and while it seemed slightly better, it still happens. Blizzard please work with AMD on getting this fixed ASAP.. it's driving me bonkers.
My specs are:
i7 920 @ 3.3ghz
6gb 1600mhz ram
5870 1gb @ 925/1275 (I've also tried with stock clocks)
WD Black 650gb harddrive
When typing this, I'm using the 12.4 driver.
Now the thing is, it's not caused by vsync.
Vsync + Fps limit 150 = overall very smooth but microstutter every now and then.
Vsync + Fps limit any lower number = Not smooth.
No vsync + Fps limit 150 = microstutter almost all the time.
No vsync + No fps limit = same as above.
No vsync + Fps limit 60 = same as above.
While it's not a huge problem, it can be a bit annoying sometimes.
I'm hoping for a fix soon.
Oh, and it was the same when I tried the beta over the free weekend. Back then using the 11.11c driver.
EDIT: Now I've also tried setting only the physical cores 3, 5 and 7 to be used for the game like some people suggested. Also set every single Blizzard exe to run as admin, and tried setting Diablo 3 to run at higher priority. Nothing worked, and setting higher priority even caused the audio to start stuttering!