Error 740: The requested operation requires elevation.
Launcher shows up to date, at game screen get message patch is needed, sits on this screen
and then throws the error.
on the game screen
Tried running it as normal and now i am hit with a loop.
I start the launcher, the launcher tells me game is up to date and sends me to login screen.
At the login screen i am told a new version is available and that the client will close and download it. Now i am staring at the launcher again wich tells me my client is up to date xD
Any update available?
Edit : Fixed by re-installing
Do I really have to reinstall to fix this?
Maybe reseting the computer?
Had send an ticket to blizzard for it response you get is you can find it in our support archive, but dind give me the right link to where it was. Nice searching like 1k of pages for your awnser and still cant find it:(
Steps to fix Error 740:
1. Follow all the steps here first including restart:
2. Go to where your Diablo 3 folder is located. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III
Right click "Properties" for Diablo III.exe then choose the "Compatibility" tab.
3. Under "Privilege Level" Enable "Run this program as an administrator" then click OK.
4. Double click "Diablo III.exe" (It will now update the patch properly)
5. When the update is finished you need to undo the properties changes on Diablo III.exe
Repeat step 2 then Disable "Run this program as an admin".
Once it's disabled again you can now run your regular launcher shortcut or you can double click "Diablo III Launcher.exe"