Where do rare/legendary blacksmith plans drop?

Crafting and Items
I`m lvl 44, Nightmare, ACT II, so far no rare/legendary blacksmith plan dropped? any info where they should start dropping? or maybe I`m just unlucky till now?
I'm guessing that they drop in hell or inferno. I have just started act 2 in hell and I have yet to see a plan drop.

so far the only plans I have are normal staff of herding and nm staff of herding.
21/05/2012 14:41Posted by Kopuz
normal staff of herding and nm staff of herding.

these drop from izual? correct?
21/05/2012 14:46Posted by Truditorul
normal staff of herding and nm staff of herding.

these drop from izual? correct?

yes. i got mine on my 2nd time killing him.
I found my first rare blacksmith plan off a regular mob in Act I, Inferno.
I just got the BORN'S blacksmith plans from a random mob in act 3 normal
Hi guys, if my blacksmith level is low, I still got chance to find plans?
cos atm i'm farming 3rd act hell/1st act inferno..
That is something I am also curious about. Better magic find better drop chance ofc?
Add me samsung deathgodnero#1143
Argh ok this is such an old question guys.

Suffix, prefix etc...

Anyway if you have 9 mobs spawn and say 4 of them are designated to drop certain white items.

Your MF will give you a better chance of those items being either magic, rare, set or unique. Sooo if you find a set of mobs that drop the WHITE version of a unique you really want get high MF and farm the hell out of those mobs until they drop it.

Make sense?
I've gotten all exalted armor plans as drops from normal monsters in Act1 inferno
I got my first legendary plan in a act 3 Nightmare mob so i dont think u need to bee in hell/inferno to find it =)
22/05/2012 11:14Posted by Gðd
I've gotten all exalted armor plans as drops from normal monsters in Act1 inferno

are you serious? I bet I have farmed act 1 inferno 30 times and I have received 2 rares and 0 plans. In fact, 90+ hours in the game, I have never once seen a blacksmith plan, not even a white one.
i am wondering if you need to be exalted or smth to find them.
I am farming inferno for a long time now and i never seen any plans.
I got the Longshot legendary plan in Normal act 4 so i guess it just drops everywhere... it is a level 4 plan and my blacksmith was level 3, so it just drops randomly
drop rates on BS plans sucks.

I have full cleared act 1 inferno about 12 times

half cleared act4 inferno 3 times.

half cleared act 2 once.

All with 230 MF

And I got BEEEEEEEP
I found BS plans in normal act 2.
Cain's set gear.
Deckard cain's legendary set (lvl 23)
I found the aegis born plans in zoltuns kulles archives
Spig

Argh ok this is such an old question guys.

Suffix, prefix etc...

Anyway if you have 9 mobs spawn and say 4 of them are designated to drop certain white items.

Your MF will give you a better chance of those items being either magic, rare, set or unique. Sooo if you find a set of mobs that drop the WHITE version of a unique you really want get high MF and farm the hell out of those mobs until they drop it.

Make sense?

Great info. Just one more question. What does it have to do with this thread in any shape or form, at all, in any way, in the slightest, etc. etc.?

If you are looking for advice on what to cook for dinner you aren't really helped by someone telling you cars have wheels are you?
where are these guys finding aughilds armor set blacksmith plans wtf!