Story

04 Jan Story Forum "Guidelines" and Suggestions We've adapted the description of this forum to include Fan Fiction, and we encourage you to share your stories here! This rest of this post is taken from Nethaera's thread on the US forums: I know more than a few people have been asking if there are guidelines to posting in these forums. The answer is yes and no both. Confusing, I know, but you'll understand once I explain. First, if you are sharing a story here, it should be fictional and set in the Warcraft universe. Can you break canon? Yes. It's your story. Just please try not to go too far afield. Your audience will appreciate some semblance of familiarity. Next, you've asked about just how far language, sexual themes, or violent themes can go, so I'll explain here. Keep in mind, the forum Code of Conduct still applies. Also, keep in mind the rating (T for Teen) as well. When you want a good example story, please take a look at Blizzard's own for World of Warcraft. That should give you a good comparison for your own tales. Use your best judgement. If you ask yourself, "Is this too far?", it just might be and you might want to consider doing another editing pass. While not everyone may agree on taste, try to keep it as tasteful as possible. If you're sharing a story, it may be a good idea to put "complete" at the bottom of your story if it takes more than one post to tell it. We know there are restrictions on the forums that may hinder you a bit, but this may give you the room to post without someone jumping in before you're done and so that the reader knows they are reading a "finished" (we all know no story is ever really finished) piece of work. Authors may also want to express at the bottom of their completed tale if they are open to constructive feedback. Some may not want feedback other than to hear if someone enjoyed it and some may be looking for others to help them hone their skills. The best way to solicit either is to make it clear what you would like. "Constructive feedback welcome." If you are a reader, please be considerate. If you didn't like a story or liked it, then sharing constructive feedback is fine. But, please make sure you do it in a way that isn't insulting to the author if the author has asked for or made it clear they are open to feedback. Most importantly, we all know that these types of efforts are very personal to the author. I'd like to ask authors not to take feedback too personally and likewise for those that give constructive feedback. Please don't make it personal. Personal attacks are definitely not OK here. This is largely 'your' forum to make of what you like in the end. While we have the power to moderate and help mold, the shape of it all is largely up to you and what you make of it as a community. *I've left this thread open on purpose so that any additional etiquette discussions or questions could be kept here. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.Takralus8 04 Jan
11m Are you kidding me with this Illidan nonsense? *spoilers for the newest Light's Heart quest chain* . . Really? Really? REALLY? It's bad enough that they have Maiev Crazysong take all the credit for defeating Illidan, portraying the players as useless fodder. Had I actually raided in TBC I might be rather miffed at this point. But then, at the end, we are berated, berated even for daring to have ever risen a hand against the special golden eyed wonderful amazing starchild of destiny Illidan. I had already thought the novel had crossed the line by portraying Illidan as the misunderstood victim and everybody else as reckless ignorant meaniepants but this, THIS is fanfiction level terrible. What next? Will we lie prostrate before our lord and saviour Illidan and beg his forgiveness for our misdeeds? Will we bow down chanting "we are not worthy!" Come on now.Synéa63 11m
17m Every war got thier criminals. I am kinda tired and as a loregeek of Warcraft series, i feel obligated to say something about recent conflict between Sylvanas and Greymane. Let's start from the very begining, the defeat of Arthas. Sylvanas went back to the Icecrown Citadel spire, then she started asked herself what is her purpose now? She know that her goal to defeat Arthas was done, and nothing left for her in Azeroth. So she throw herself into citadel saronite pike, unable to rise again. Before she do it, nine Val'Kyr circles her, but she ignored them in first hand and throw herself from frozen throne. Then vision was happend to her. Forsaken was sacrificed in failed assault on Gilneas by Garrosh Hellscream, Apothecary Lydon tried do desperate counterattack on invading alliance forces. While some of forsaken rather be throw themselves into fire and burn themselves, instead facing onslaught. When vision ended, Sylvanas felt only cold, fear, hopeless and terror in dark void. Then Annhylde The Caller appears to Sylvanas again, and made offer to her. Annhylde was willing to ressurect Sylvanas, by sacrifice herself and spend the rest of eternity of realm where Sylvanas went. In exchange Annhylde wanted Sylvanas to bind herself with rest of Val'Kyr. When Sylvanas back to the world of living, eight remain Val'Kyr was close to her. But this justify Sylvanas actions? Definetly not! Using chemicals in Gilneas assault on people, is one of her war crimes, and for that she could be judged at least by Odyn in Halls Of Valor. Now let's take Greymane view. Before the whole war started, Gilneas got thier own problems with Northgate Rebelion where leader was Darius Cowley. Then Worgen plague errupted, and to safe people of Gilneas. Genn was decieded to set free Cowley in exchange to fight worgens. But we know things went bad, worgen players was captured by Goddfrey. Then Genn wanted try use us as weapon against incoming Forsaken invasion. Time passed, and it was revealed much. Darius Cowley survied and regain his human memories, now in worgen form. Such happend to Genn Greymane, they both now bearing the curse. Thanks to druids of scythe, they helped them. Unfortunelly Goddfrey was not happy about this, and decieded make his own rebelion, in matter of fact he was later ressurected by Sylvanas. She wanted use Goddfrey to make advantage on the Gilneas forces. The true blow come to Genn, when in battle of Gilneas city, Sylvanas killed Liam Greymane, then Genn swore to avenge his son. Should we consider Greymane to be war criminal as well? Absolutely yes! Genocide is the same crime like using by Forsaken chemicals, and Genn in his pursuit for vengeance, he said that he will kill all of Forsaken. he should be as well judged by Odyn in Halls Of Valor.Sapherea45 17m
49m Favourite Characters in Legion thus far So, in Legion, who has been your favourite character thus far? For me, it's the Nightborne Rebellion Characters (Thalyssra, Valtrois, Oculeth) as well as Senegos, Farondis and Runas and the Nightfallen in Dalaran for tailors. Thalyssra and Farondis' story arcs really appealed to me. For some reason, I felt truly connected to the story arc for them (perhaps this is because they are a symbol of Highborne lore development) but Thalyssra's story for standing for noble morals and principals, and Farondis being all too unwilling to kneel before Queen Azshara again. The risks the Highborne Ghost and the Nightborne Arcanist have taken in their stories...It kind of shows that not all the Highborne are arrogant swines and that even some put their arrogance aside for the right thing. Valtrois is beautifully arrogant. I honestly thought that she might just betray us to Elisande, but no...she stays on our side, but doesn't lose any of her arrogance and in 7.1, she gets her own story arc and some more humour moments between her and Oculeth and her and Stellagosa. I would love to see her and Rommath (because he's quite arrogant) share a lore moment. I can imagine it being quite funny Their aren't any characters that I don't really like in Legion, however I don't like the Sylvanas/Genn story arcs. That's...just me. So, whose your favourites currently in Legion...?Magístríx21 49m
1h Is Wrathion the fat welp redundant now ? Spoiler ! Since we now know that there is another uncorrupted balck dragon around in Ebonhorn who has been around for at least 10000 years. Wrathion the 4 year old fat welp is has no real claim anymore to being Neltharion's successor.Qbi34 1h
1h Is there any difference between high and blood elves? I always thought it was the same kind with different names, is there anything else?Bukachu61 1h
3h The Whispers of Il'gynoth So it seems that Il'gynoth is a pretty chatty tree, there is several quite interesting messages that he will whisper to people while in his area, which I think are not just random gibberish, but actually relevant to the current expansion, and some even hinting at things yet to come. Here is each of them and what I think they mean. "The King of Diamonds has been made a pawn." This one is fairly easy, I think its quite obviously referring to Magni who was a king who got turned to diamond and is now a servant of the titan spirit in Azeroth. "Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator." This is probably just a reference to the curse of flesh and the old god who caused it, N'zoth I think. "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." This I think is referring to Azeroth herself, and more specifically the Well of Eternity (now the Maelstrom) and the old god N'zoth residing in it. "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you." This one I think refers to Wrathion, who even told us during mists of pandaria to not trust him if I remember correctly. "From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength." This I think is also referring to Wrathion, and how he as a black dragon draws strength from the earth, and the old gods are imprisoned under the earth, perhaps a hint to Wrathion being corrupted? "Its surface blazes light, masking shadow below." This I think is referring to the Naaru, who are beings of pure light, but can turn into creatures of the void. "Five keys to open our way. Five torches light our path." This I believe to refer to the pillars of creation, and perhaps that using them to seal the tomb of sargeras will release the old gods somehow? "The Lord of Ravens will turn the key." The part about turning the key is likely linked to the previous one about the pillars, but I am not sure who the 'lord of ravens' is, as it could mean several different individuals, the most literal would be Anzu, but I don't see how that would make any sense, there is also Medivh and Khadgar who can both turn to ravens, and then there is Odyn, who has the pet ravens Hugin and Mugin which are quite prevalent during the Stormheim questline. "At the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming." I think that this one refers to Sylvanas, as I can't think of any other female characters that have died twice already. So will Sylvanas release the old gods? "To find him, drown yourself in the Circle of Stars." This one I have absolutely no idea of what it could be referring to. Find who? What is the Circle of Stars? So what do you guys think?Felanna11 3h
5h The problem with the Warrior Order Hall Ok before you downrate this post like the masses hear me out. I think the main problem is that the order hall does not represent the class fantasy for warriors at all, considering all the other order halls. So why is the warrior class order hall bad. There are a few reasons and here are my 2 cents on it. First the halls are beautiful, gorgeous even. I won't deny it. But here lies the problem. Warriors are not about beauty and gorgeous stuff. They are hardened veterans who don't care about shinny !@#$. The halls are too clean, too peacefull. There are no brawls in the halls, no mead spilled on the floor, no yelling, just peace. This would be fine for paladins maybe but for warriors no. When I think of warriors I think of the brawlers guild. Now something like that would have been way more in tone with the class fantasy. Fights all the time, cheering, drunk patrons, etc. Or since it's legion after all we could have had a war camp on the frontline, us being the first line of defence against the legion. Or maybe an abandoned castle that we retake and occupy. Second everything in the halls is vyrkul size. Which makes sense considering that it's the vyrkul heaven, but it makes us feel unwelcome and as a total outsider. Maybe grant warriors a buff that increases our size by 2 or something while there? Thirdly the followers. Our followers are the most bland and generic followers that we can get. Let's see what we get. 5 Vyrkul. 4 of them look like generic npcs. Heimdall looks cool an all but has trash mob weapons. Would be nice to get a quest or something to upgrade them maybe? He is a fury warrior with 2 1-h swords, common blizz. Though I do think he is the best out of all followers. The female one is a missed oportunity. Why not name her Sonya to give a nod to heroes of the storm or diablo 3? That would have made soo many people happier. Also getting Ymiron makes no sense. We kill him 3 times and somehow oh we'll definitely trust him! The other 2 look like generic mobs you kill in the world. This could be easily rectified if they just get some better armor strapped onto them. Now the other 3 follwers : A random iron dwarf no one heard of. And 2 titanic creations that we fought in ulduar. Their models look old and out of place. Also how come those 2 , Thorim and the other guy(forgot his name) are our subordinates while we are odyn's little %^-*!, when Thorim, odyn and the 3rd guy are on the same power level as titanic creations. That is just stupid. Again if our base of operations would have been in the real world we could recruit big names as our followers like Nazgrel, Eitrigg, etc. I mean I see every class with a big name follower except us. I mean for @#$%s sake, paladins get a holy dreadlord.... Also they say we are the only mortal that can get there. I call bull^-*! considering that place is a dungeon where we fight odyn. Another way they could have rectified the warrior lack of companions is if we were sent by odyn to recruit the greatest warriors of the land, kinda how like the DK has that quest to get the 4 hoursemen. It's sad the blizz is trying to force this vyrkul fantasy of theirs down our throats like this is every warriors fantasy, esepecially when they got most of the other ones spot on (looking at you dks and pallys). Especially when in earlier builds we had warriors from all over azeroth as followers. I know is too late to fix this it's just that I'm dissapointed. The warrior order hall is just a glorified quest hub, that if it appeared in the game as a quest hub no one would be like, gee this would have been a great warrior class hall compared to that old castle / war camp. I put up with how boring they made prot. I put up with how @#$%ty the artifact is for arms and fury. Will I reroll my main from warrior? Unfortunately no, I put way too much effort and time into this character, both game-wise and RP wise. But I'm sad. This has been my sole main for about 3-4 years now, and I'm sad. I do know I won't play him as much. I will prolly roll a pally. Thank you blizzard for ruining my warrior with your forced fantasy. EDIT: Also you are supposed to be the only mortal to ever be there right? Well seeing other warriors running around that are not vyrkul kinda breaks that lore point (they could have phased it out if they wanted to be strict with the lore), so not having non-vyrkul as followers makes little sense. I mean you are strict there but just there cuz you are lazy to make quests.Malighos52 5h
5h This is WoW fantasy. Not GoT. Please. <LEGION INTRO SPOILERS AHEAD> Ok, so lately we've seen many deaths of important characters. and even more recently, varian, voljin, and tirion. so, voljin THE WARCHIEF has no bodyguards on the battlefield and dies because he get stabbed by some random pawn. the only horde warchief i ever liked, dead. nice. varian, one of the greatest warriors has no idea what is going on around him, and gets flanked/backstabed to death like a little noob. but at least his sacrifice was very heroic since he saved his army and the leaders. poor voljin died for nothing. only to make sylvanas warchief, sylvanas who doesnt give a crap about the horde. and tirion.. oh man. im laughing. the way he died was really insulting for such an important character. stop trying to mimic RR Martin. you already have your own little motif. you know, "powerful good guy turns evil...etc" x99 times. this works. stop killing everyone. or if you do kill them, give them memorable meaningfl heroic deaths. its a frackin epic-fantasy game. dont you agree?Hordsax16 5h
6h Are the A/H factions important at this point? Hello, so i want to play the Blood Elf race for their looks but I'm into the Alliance more so than the Horde. At this point does it matter story wise what faction a player picks? does it differ that much in Legion for example?Vellynia3 6h
7h Artifacts and Responses from NPCs After we claim our artifact weapons for each "spec" we might hear unusual reactions from Npcs to the artifacts we carry. First of all, I want to start with my own Warswords of Valarjar: Odyn's Rage and Helya's Fury. When you quest aroud Stormheim, hanging with Havi (aka Odyn), he brings you to the entrance of HoV and talks about a peacebringer with golden shiny blades. Second, flight Npc at Valdisdall or whatever likes your sword. Third, when you enter HoV, Hymdall becomes jealous about the artifact and yells. Fourth and the funniest one is Helya. When you leave from Helheim and woke up at Valdisdall, Helya has a surprise message for you about butchering you, taking your swords and making your soul belong to the Helheim bla bla. Druids yes, they generally face a common response. At the Darkheart Thicket, the first boss reacts about druid weapons so much that you think he is so curious about your artifacts. "What is that you carrying, druid?" Or "Where did you find that?" Else. I want you to type your observations about those reactions.Algonquin23 7h
13h Who would win? [Forum Game] Greetings all...This idea came to me after seeing something similar a while ago.. Anyway how it works is, you pick any 2 characters, the person below explains who would win in a 1v1 situation and explains why. I'll start this off.. (Don't remember to say why your choice would win!) Lor'themar v Sylvanas.Throwshiz120 13h
15h MASSIVE Lore spoilers. Possible ENDING of WoW. I have been reading the newly released WoW Chronicles and a lot of old theories and this is what I've learned. A LOT of stuff has been retconned, changed or has been build upon. Here goes. So pretty much confirmed: Titans are actually living planets, yes they're birthed by the life force of a planet. So their mission was not to spread order, but LIFE(birth new titans). Kinda like the Xel'Naga from SC II. The Ultimate Evil in WoW universe is the Void Lords from the Void, a separate reality/dimension. Old gods are just mere manifestations of their will. Sort of like mere pets. Take that Old god fans. The Naaru also probably come from another(same?) dimension and are the complete enemies of the Void Lords. Demons did NOT drive Sargeras mad. Void did. Demons are still evil, just not as much. He became fel corrupted and more powerful by shattering Mardum. He also created the Burning legion to fight the Void lords.He started destroying worlds as he deemed them susceptible to the Void. Pantheon did not agree with him. Sargeras solo'd the Pantheon.Take that Sargeras haters. Yes he literally killed all the titans, as they were susceptible to Fel, strangely Fel made him more powerful and did not kill him.He also isn't evil, he's mad. His cause is just, his methods are not. Azeroth is actually a BABY TITAN. Quite possibly Earth Mother/Elune. Making Azeroth a FEMALE Titan. Pillars of Creation are probably whats needed to awaken her. Makes perfect sense as the well of eternity is linked to BOTH Titans and Elune. And one of the pillars even has her name. The Pantheon have foreseen that Azeroth will be strong enough to destroy the Void Lords, the exact same reason Sargeras wants to destroy it. He sees her as the perfect host for the Void Lords. Seeing all the old god corruption on it. Ulduar/Uldum/Uldaman are sort of an immune system for the planet. Well of Eternity is Titan blood, yes their blood is arcane magic. Probably that of the Titan that died in the Old god/Titan war. Azeroth used it to create her children - the night elfs. The end of WoW will probably be Azeroth herself battling Sargeras and/or Void Lords. Mind BLOWN.Demonto123 15h
16h Malfurion Stormrage hate Noticed a lot of hate towards this character lately and I'd like to know why so many dislike him. I don't have any strong feelings towards him, he was always sort of a "meh" character for me.Daugrim17 16h
17h Most Powerful Class Order So, which one of the class orders do you think would be the most powerful/influential? Which one would be able to raise the greatest armies or deal the most devastating blow to the Legion in your opinion? And which one do you think of as the "weakest" one? The Silver Hand? The Illidari? The Cenarion Circle? The Earthen Ring? The Tirisgarde? Whatever the other ones are called? I think right now, I'd probably say The Silver Hand, since it seems like a super version of Argent Crusade, boosted in numbers by the Hand of Argus, the Blood knights, Sunwalkers and the Stormwind and Ironforge paladins. Then again, death knights managed to invade their base pretty easily and the Argent Crusade is said to have suffered devastating losses on the Broken Shore, so it might not be so hot. Not sure who I would pick as the "weakest" one. I guess I'd pick the monk order, since they just lost their old temple in a devastating legion attack and there probably wasn't that much of them anyway.Soliana82 17h
18h Possible future lore? http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613513225#1Devyxero0 18h
18h Story-telling & lore improvement As we have Illidan the soon-to-be Angel of Redemption and Sylvanas the ever-forgiven Lich Queen, could we have a Demon Varyan and Cairne as a Lich to complete them? Also, adding a secret order of Goblin Paladin and Gnome Druids is what we need to match the level of those two important characters. Tauren Rogue would be a plus, but I don't want to ask too much.Kulvar5 18h
21h Thy're coming You can lock your doors, you can say your prayers....Dinnerplaté7 21h
22h Dragons can't reproduce anymore. Yeah i know... title sounds weird :P https://twitter.com/loreology/status/427824618800312320 It seems Alexstrasza (the Aspect of Life, but maybe it happened to the other Aspects too) lost her ability to procreate more whelps after the fall of Deathwing. Do you think that was ultimately intended to happen by the Titans themselves? And if other Dragons can't reproduce either (not sure about it yet), do you think the Red Dragonflight or Dragons in general will slowly die out if they cannot improve their numbers anymore? Though i think he meant just Alexstrasza can't reproduce anymore now... EDIT: The correct rule says all dragons can't procreate anymore now. https://twitter.com/Loreology/statuses/427828524385181696Sorceress107 22h
22h Jaina's turn to the Old Gods is retarded... I said it before, but Jaina turning aginst Thrall in Pandaria expansion was a complete BS... And now they are setting her up to become a servent of the Old Gods... REALLY???? Writers nowdays have no idea what to do with their most popular characters. Sylvanas and Illidan get redemtion stories, Jaina turns evil, I feel I am watching a 1990 drama, where the main characters switch sides every 20 minutes...Danteresist145 22h
1d Ner'zul Retcond to guldan in wod but still the most badass warlock there ever was, tore a planet apart because screw the legion, would have been nice to see him use the scourge as a weapon against the legion to get his revenge. Could still be possible assuming he is the one in bolvars head? Is ner'zul still the frozen throne?Krabby41 1d
1d [Spoilers] Theory about Azeroth and Old Gods Il'gynoth says "N'Zoth... I journey... to Ny'alotha..." and "From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.", Xavius says "Nightmares are never forgotten" and "... from the waking world" in the fight. So, remembering previous old god and old god minions lines it feels like Azeroth is already corrupted as some people say and it is close to waking up. Plus, what if Ny'alotha is just like elemental planes, emerald dream and twisting nether. In that case other old gods might be recovering there, not necessarily but still interesting to think about. It might also mean that we may see N'zoth as a patch boss and he will return to Ny'alotha then we will have to kill all old gods in an old god themed expansion there. Ny'alotha is mentioned as a city and also mentioned with these words "sleep" "dream" "forest" so it might be a place in emerald dream, makes sense as all old gods are connected there thanks to Yogg. Sorry for the long post, please correct me if I'm wrong with something here, I just wanted to add this as I saw noone comment on these lines.Zigzagman0 1d
1d Illidan and Kiljaeden In Frozen Throne Illidan willingly served Kiljaeden. If Illidan hated Burning Legion (BL) so much, why did he attack the person hating BL even more? They could've allied to fight against BL. Then after Illidan failed he fled to Outlands, but as soon as Kiljaeden appeared before him there he rished to Northrend to try and kill Lich King again. Now, from current point of view that's how Frozen Throne looked like: Illidan super hates BL, but becomes Kiljaeden pet and does his every whim until Arthas kicks his !@# and then Illidan goes back to Outlands to destroy BL. Once again, Illidan became a servant of Kiljaeden, fought against enemies of BL, lost, and only after he wasted his own troops and got a wound he defied BL. Third times a charm, Illidan only began to fight BL in Frozen Throne after he failed completely in serving BL. WTF?Faycron5 1d
1d Hell [Legion Spoilers] OK, this is a thread about Hell and what it really is. When Uther said : "I dearly hope that there's a special place in hell waiting for you, Arthas", this really implied that there's a hell. Plus, Uther was a paladin and a devout member the Church of the Light. We could safely draw conclusions that the belief in Hell is something the clerics of the church preach. Of course, Blizzard never confirmed and denied anything more than that. We could then speculate who goes there - good/bad people, or those who believe in the Light or those who don't. Then, it's the story of Sylvanas who died at the end of WOTLK and went to hell. She saw that Arthas is really in hell. Then this is a story I don't really want to talk about, because let's not open the Sylvanas can of worms. Then... here are the Legion spoilers. Yesterday I played on Blightspread char, the Forsaken Death Knight. I went to raise Sally Whitemane, who was a priestess and a devout believer of the light. When you raise her, she asks: Is the anguish of the death over? The death knights offer atonement, and she joins the battle against the Legion. Apparently, Sally was in hell. Apparently some preachers of the light go there too. I also wonder where this has any connections to Helheim and Halls of Valor. Apparently the Val'kyr who are warriors of the light can draw souls to the Halls of Valor, when, the kvaldir can draw souls to Helheim. The valkyr in Northrend can also draw souls back to unlife from Hell (Sylvanas story). And from what we see in Legion, death knights can also draw people from Hell. Oh, it got too confusing.Avarona3 1d
1d Nightmare corruption Why did Malfurion cleanse Cenarius so easily if we were told by many different people INCLUDING MALFURION that the nightmare corruption can't be purged?Faycron36 1d
1d SPOILERS for Illidan Stormrage/Lights Heart Just did the, I suppose, second part of the 'Lights Heart' quest line. Got spoken to by some Light god Naaru called Xe'ra or something... So Illidan is the chosen one, or the 'Champion of Light'? Dunno whether bad writing or genius.Weavor59 1d
1d The Inn at Goldshire Argent Dawn One Night mistakeGrampacheste1 1d
1d Say Your Prayers Dark Ones! Warlocks, Death Knights and Shadow "Priests" alike... You have stood as an affront to the Holy Light for far too long! Surrender! Slither from your pathetic hollows like the insects you are and meet the glory of the Light! It shall tear your wicked being to nothingness. Justice! At long last, scattering your ashes to the wind, letting only the fathomless deeps of the sea claim what remains of you! Return from whence you came, Death Knights! Return to death!Evolaukenlol11 1d
1d Alliance versus Horde conflict doesnt make sense There is a Demon army threatening to annihilate the entire planet, - yet Greymane has nothing else on his mind but attacking the horde... This and the plain fact that for the entire last expansion alliance and Horde were both aiding Kadghar in every way... I wont even mind if you make it a Players choice wether to participate in those Quests ... but really it makes me feel Stupid to do anything for Sylvanas and especially Greymane... Its like being drafted to a War that you absolutely do not approve of.. not my idea of having fun - it just feels wrong. Sure I like to PvP but in my oppinion blue Team versus red team does not need a grand story... I would much rather be able to talk and group with alliance players. also it would make Battlegrounds finally balanced after all ...Ruguz31 1d
1d What the heck is going on in Legion?! I've been trying to catch up with some lore the past few days since I've never read any lore before. I fully understand how this universe came to be, who Sargeras is (still no clue why the fck he's so hated), and a few other things. But damn... this lore is such a bunch of wet crap. I'm sorry if you disagree but all this resurrecting and time traveling BS has gotten me really confused. So would someone mind explaining me what the hell is going on? I'm done searching links because every time I read an article I see a guy involved in the story who's supposed to be dead and I have no idea why he's suddenly back. Please, once they're dead, just let them be dead. It's so annoying --' Please, someone, explain it to me.Nøms7 1d
1d Everythink happened becuase you ! After The Fall Of The Lich King Thrall Let The Stupid Garrosh Become The Warchief The Stupid Garrosh Take The War To Pandaria ! The War In Pandaria Ending when Garrosh Take The old god Heart And The Heroes of The Horde and Alliance Defeat The Stupid Garrosh Then Garrosh Escape To Draenor and Die in Nagrand After That Gul'dan from Draenor Come to Azeroth And Open The Portal Of The Legion ! Everythink Happened Becuase Thrall ! Mop / WoD / Legion All That Happened Becuase Thrall ! Why Thrall ? Why ?!!!Waygos6 1d
1d Did Blizz retcon Malfurion-Remulos dialogue? Keeper Remulos says: Malfurion! Malfurion Stormrage says: Remulos, old friend. It is good to see you once more. I knew the message would find its way to you – one way or another. Keeper Remulos says: It was shrouded in nightmares, Malfurion. What is happening in the Dream? What could cause such atrocities? Malfurion Stormrage says: I fear for the worst, old friend. Within the Dream we fight a new foe, born of an ancient evil. Ysera's noble brood has fallen victim to the old whisperings. It seems as if the Nightmare has broken through the realm to find a new host on Azeroth. Keeper Remulos says: I sensed as much, Malfurion. Dark days loom ahead. Malfurion Stormrage says: Aye Remulos, prepare the mortal races. Keeper Remulos says: You have been gone too long, Malfurion. Peace between the Children of Azeroth has become tenuous at best. What of my father? Of your brother? Have you any news? Malfurion Stormrage says: Cenarius fights at my side. Illidan sits atop his throne in Outland – brooding. I'm afraid that the loss to Arthas proved to be his breaking point. Madness has embraced him, Remulos. He replays the events in his mind a thousand times per day, but in his mind, he is the victor and Arthas is utterly defeated. He is too far gone, old friend. I fear that the time may soon come that our bond is tested and it will not be as it was at the Well in Zin-Azshari. Malfurion Stormrage says: Remulos, I am being drawn back... Tyrande... send her my love... Tell her I am safe... Tell her... Tell her I will return... Farewell... Keeper Remulos says: Farewell, old friend... Farewell... http://wow.gamepedia.com/Malfurion_Stormrage#Conversation_with_RemulosFaycron2 1d
1d Lore wise - Strongest most powerful class What do you think is the strongest class lore wise in wow. Not talking about individuals but an overall class. From my understanding id have to go for the following: 1st - Druids 2nd Shamans 3rd Joint Warlocks and Mages, edging towards warlocks but what do you think? Then the average classes: 5th DK 6th Paladin 7th Warrior 8th The rest Whats your thoughts? would you agree or have your own thoughts?Scribe171 1d
2d where thrall going ? all know we see thral in Broken Shore in Horde Side of course but after that his gone ! where are you thrall ? also in Vol Jin Last Moments he doesnt came ! in StoryLine of Broken Isles we doesnt seen thrall ever ! where he go ? what about you shammy guys ? what happened to thrall ?Waygos18 2d
2d Xe'ra is a void lord. So basically we're going to make potentially the biggest !@#$-up in our universe's long history. Here's why: ... The blade itself, of course, being related directly to the Old Gods and the Void Lords. Xe'ra itself, of course, being a 'prime naaru'. Suppose then that the naaru themselves are related to the Void Lords - a creation of the Void, perhaps - then a 'prime' naaru would be quite a powerful creation indeed. I'll digress for a moment to ask - where does Xe'ra fit into everything else? Xal'atath is all too eager to tell us about how close N'Zoth is to breaking out of his prison. Il'gynoth, in the Emerald Nightmare, shares this with us as well. If you read Il'gynoth's quotes (of which are must discussed on the forums), you may note that the Pillars of Creation and a number of important lore characters are related to this apocalypse. Among the characters mentioned is the diamond king - presumably Magni Bronzebeard - which is a pawn to the Old Gods, according to Il'gynoth. Magni was the one that told us, so urgently and so certainly, that the Pillars of Creation would be needed to defeat the Legion. Incidentally, Il'gynoth tells us that five torches light the way to the Old Gods' return - and there's five pillars. Moving on! Il'gynoth then talks about the 'lord of ravens' who will turn the key. By analysing a comprehensive list of major, living characters associated with ravens, you get: > Khadgar > Odyn We'll ignore Odyn for now, because there's one thing that Odyn doesn't have - and that's the five pillars of creation, which are so critical to the return of the Old Gods. Khadgar, then, is the lord of ravens. He has the five pillars of creation. With that established, we return to the matter of Xe'ra for a few moments. Xe'ra hurtles out of the sky and, taken before Lord Khadgar of the Ravens, projects an image of the long-lost Turalyon before Khadgar's eyes. Xe'ra later goes on to tell us that, in no uncertain terms, Illidan is the key to defeating the Burning Legion. In the current PTR, Khadgar is present in the Mythic Gul'dan fight. As the fight comes to its conclusion, he attempts to reunite Illidan's soul with his body - an action which has dire consequences, as some 'other worldly presence' is already starting to possess it. The source of this information comes from here: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749265997 In this phase of the encounter, Illidan turns black and red/purple (source in the link above). We've already had seven black and red bosses, which we associated with the Nightmare - a creation of N'Zoth. To this end, I believe we're not strong enough to defeat Gul'dan at the Nighthold. He demands ultimate strength from his master, and in order to save Azeroth from the impending arrival of Sargeras - guaranteed if the raid wipes! - Khadgar uses the Pillars of Creation to join Illidan's spirit and body together. Instead, he allows N'Zoth to possess Illidan and to strike Gul'dan down, thus permanently stopping the Legion's plans. With the Legion's plans stopped, the destruction of the Old God-infested Azeroth is stopped with it - and no doubt the heavy use of magic at the Nightwell breaks N'Zoth's prison for good. How does this relate to Xe'ra? Quite simply, Xe'ra ensures that we put Illidan in the right place at the right time. At the end of the current Illidan storyline quests, she TELLS US that she has mislead us to 'show us the truth'. She asks us what we would do to save our world, in a rather foreshadowing manner. If that's the case - who else has she mislead? What other lies as she told? Was she really carrying a message from Turalyon, or was it just something to convince Khadgar - who would later turn the key - that getting Illidan's body back was a good idea? Unable to do the work itself, Xe'ra - a Void Lord - lies to our faces and gets us to ensure the Void is victorious over the Legion. We're simply caught up in it all. TLDR: Xe'ra is a lying sack of %^-*.Ortéllus23 2d
2d Can someone explain to me these contradictions? 1. Farondis First people hate him for opposing Queen Azshara. Then people forgive him opposing Queen Azshara, because he opposed Queen Azshara. I am a bit lost there. 2. Sylvanas Sylvanas is the Warchief. The first thing she do as the Warchief is go on a covert personal mission using only fosaken. Why aren't there any other Horde force helping her? Where are orcs, trolls, taurens, belves? Is it a way to show us that Sylvanas is a bad warchief or that all other races suffered too much casualities? I get why Alliance isn't there in the full force, Greymane isnt their king, but why didn't Sylvanas call more than just her private army? 3. Xavius and Queen Azshara Xavius and Queen Azshara were serving Old Gods after the first invasion. EN was created by an Old God and Queen Azshara was turned into naga by an Old God to save her. In Cataclysm nagas were obviously fighting under Queen Azshara for Old Gods. Now in Legion they appear to be back under Sargeras's banner. Which side they are actually on? Why aren't Sargeras pissed, that his former allies joined his main enemy (Old Gods are servants of Void Lords)? 4. Naaru In Burning Crusade Naaru told me to kill Illidan. In Legion naaru berate me for killing Illidan. What the actual heck? Will Khadgar berate us for killing Guldan or Archimonde in some future expansion?Lorthaer2 2d
2d Place your bets So straight to the point. I am willing to put money in this happening. 7.1, we get the final pillar of creation, 7.2 we kill kil'jaeden on argus and seal the portal. (this next on is if blizzard are feeling generous) 7.3 we kill azshara, find out our leaders are corrupted. leading onto 8 POINT ONE (dont quote me on this) World of warcraft: The City of nightmares. cause n'zoth n bizz Let's not hear about how crap it is that jainas been corrupted (maybe) and maybe throw out some possible next expansion titles ? What are you guys's ideas (i know legions literally just started but still its fun to speculate) I've got, WoW: the black empire, Return of the black empire, Abyss and abyssal city. (and obviously the one i coined before ;))Whisperdan8 2d
2d Hellfire Ramparts Question I was leveling up my Dwarf today in Hellfire Ramparts and the orcs there were shouting "Lok'tar Illidari!". Lok'tar is .. victory, isn't it? So.. they were saying.. victory for the Demon Hunters? (Illidari) If so, why do they have to do with Illidan?Ulfrin7 2d
2d is the legion weak ? I am only theoryzing now, I have not checked to much about legion yet. but some things what I have seen and read about, first of all it seems the burning legion is all over azeroth and not only at the broken islands. But here is the catch, how can horde and Alliance do an assult strait to the islands, unless they defeated the legion in all other regions first, it should not realy be possible, unless we do defeat the legion there, and then start a final assult on a weak legion who has suffered heavy losses. that for maby the legion aint as strong as we all think.Waleria46 2d
3d Val'Sharah is such a let down Stunning visuals with a soap opera story. Malfurion and Tyrande can't figure out who loves who more for the 3rd expansion in a row, all this "my beloved is in danger!" and "My love, NOOOOOO, save me" nonsence is such a let down that i can only wonder what idiots: made this "story" let this story go liveAnate23 3d
3d Question about old gods dying If a titan kills an old god apparently the world soul is hurt. but if we kill old gods its completely fine given we already destroyed 2 of them? how does that actually fit? and please dont say: well. old gods dont really die when we kill them. when yogg saron dies, he says: Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh. ("The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity." its pretty hard to have a corpse without dying unless old gods goes complete illidan and return from the nether. also the comic books states that Cho'gall attempted to ressurrect C'thun. you cant ressurrect someone that isnt dead. even if the comic isnt canon (which i dont know if it is) it still operates in the same universe, and the same rules should still apply, that you cant just kill old gods without the world dying. which apparently you can because we have slain 2 already. it is either not explained very well or screwed up a few times making the story.Aspargus18 3d
3d Weird underwater building I'm hoping this is the correct place to post this. Been reading about the new old god whispers the shadow priests get from their artifact and decided to do a little sightseeing around the Broken Isles and see if I could find some traces of the old gods. When I was swimming south of the veiled isles, right on the border of the great sea I first saw a statue of a fish, and close by I noticed an old stone house/temple with same fish statues on it. Haven't seen this before, can someone identify it? Wondering what it's doing there since it's not like the other night elf ruins on the coastline. http://i.imgur.com/UqT9Hr6.jpg - temple http://i.imgur.com/RJMKvLp.jpg - statueTabioga10 3d
3d Sargeras is NOT villain? Sargeras might not be the villain? Why? Because there are many evidence leading to that the Titan inside Azeroth is already corrupted, and that Magni is trying to free an Old God instead. Which can mean that Sargeras MIGHT be actually the good guy after all, and in the worst case scenario Sargeras has to deal with the corrupted Azeroth... and we will probably have to help him. But I'm afraid Sargeras will eventually die, I mean *ahem* sacrifice himself for glorious heroes of Azeroth *ahem*... as misunderstood Titan. Because Azeroth is stated to be more powerful than the current Titans. These are ll'gynoth's interesting whispers: 1. "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you." Candidate: Wrathion. Assuming that everything he said in past was a lie. Then he works for the Old God and we will have to face Junior Death Wing... He seems the most likely to be corrupted any way, especially compared to Anduin, who is the other "boy-king". But Anduin can't be corrupted, because he is seen as very old man in the future with Velen fighting the Darkness. And Wrathion? Probably following his father's footsteps... (how original Blizzard) 2. "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn." If Magni is indeed corrupted, then this could mean the Titan-Azeroth is corrupted as well...? Or is he just freeing the wrong creatures.. (N'Zoth, Yogg-Saron, C'Thun)? Either way, it's bad and might explain why future: we, Velen and Anduin are not any more on the planet Azeroth according to Anduin's recent Legion-comic. 3. "Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path." All the clues are leading to the fact that we ARE freeing the Old Gods and perhaps also the potentially corrupted Titan, Azeroth. 4. "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." This can be Jaina, Sylvanas BUT..... most likely Azeroth the Titan. Because first of all it's a fact that the Titan is a she. We also know that Titans are planet-size beings, and the Old God creature is using explicit the term: "crater". A massive hole in the ground. Which fits for an Titanic being, made of stone and metal. If it was Jaina or Sylvanas, the Old God should have said: "Her heart is a hole, and we have filled it" So basically Titan Azeroth's messenger: Magni is assumed to be corrupted. And the crater of the Titan is filled with void. Seems legit. Which is another reason to suspect that the Titan is corrupted. 5. "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars." Very vague. But there is a greater villain, in the stars, no doubt.. maybe the Void Lords, maybe some sort of mother of the Old Gods that's spurting out Old Gods all around the universe. We don't know.... But the fact is, the army of the Light, Anduin and Velen are travelling in space to confront and fight that evil. 6. "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming". Sylvanas already died like a loser for 3 times, so it can't be her. But perhaps it's the Titan Azeroth again... why? Her first "dead" might be because Queen Azshara causing the sundering, Azeroth got no doubt damaged internally as externally for it. The second time Azeroth "died" was when Death Wing repeats Azshara's Sundering with the Cataclysm. Undoubtedly Azeroth bleeds even more. And now, we will bleed Azeroth 1 more time... with help of Khadgar, Magni and all our Old God supporting "friends", believing we would defeat Legion without any price. And so, with the freed Old Gods.. Azeroth will be completely void/tentacle/flesh corrupted. I can already imagine N'Zoth appearing as first from the depth of the Oceans, probably freeing his brothers Yogg-Saron, C'Thun and perhaps even the dead Old God Y'Shaarj to remake the Blackempire and bring out the corrupted Titan. 7. "The lord of ravens will turn the key." Khadgar... I don't think he will forgive himself ever. For making this mistake of freeing an Old God and help the long term plans of the Void Lords. The true villains, bot for us and for the Burning Legion.Daha32 3d
3d Illidan in Legion vs War of ancients Triology Hi, Spoilers for the Illidan questline, and small spoilers for reading the books. I just finished "Ravencrest's legacy" quest where you get to play as Illidan in the black rook hold, I'm currently also reading the books and can't seem to notice the difference between the two.. Time wise I situate myself before ravencrest got assassinated since Illidan still has his eyes. In the books Illidan never backed away from Ravencrest before he got assassinated and the books never gave any hint as to Brox or Jarod being with Illidan when he mass murders his Moon guard.. It never even said anything about murdering his Moon guard, yes he depleted them but never to the point of no return.. So is there a difference in time flow, because Krasus and Rhonin were send back, or does the storyline in the game and book don't match up? (and if so, which one is the 'real' lore) I must admit that I haven't finished reading 'The Sundering' so it is quite possible that there are 2 different timelines, one where Illidan does this, and one where the book is situated...Marohg4 3d
3d Where the hell is Calia Menethil? That's right. Where is the rightful Queen of Lordaeron, Calia Menethil, sister of Prince Arthas Menethil? Calia was referenced in Day of the Dragon and Rise of the Lich King, but afterwards she was never heard from again. There are no references to her in game aside from the Dalaran coin. Honestly, where IS she? I can understand Blizzard leaving out characters like Alleria or Turalyon (actually no i can't), but this character is so important to the world. She is the heir to Lordaeron, and I think she should at least be introduced in person in the game.Morgasz120 3d
3d Forum Bug So, I spent 1 hour writin' a post in the story section. I press create topic, but my post doesn't appear. By Magni's beard, this sure is frustratin'.Ulfrin0 3d
3d Story: "Shadowsong" Are you confused by the direction Maiev’s narrative has taken in Legion? Are you left wondering why her murders are seemingly being ignored? Do you find it perplexing why a wanted criminal was consulted on world matters regarding the Iron Horde and lent Cordana to Kadghar? Well, all this and more can be solved with a handy application of fanfiction! Marvel at the rewrite that turns the murder plot of Wolfheart around into something far more in-character for our resident grumpy Warden. Serious Summary: Xaxas has shattered the world and thrown it into chaos. With enemies pressing in on all borders, the last thing Darnassus needs are enemies coming from within. When the bodies of murdered highborn begin to turn up, Maiev Shadowsong pledges to find the culprits and bring them to justice. But is it ever so simple? "But Keleria, where is this self-indulgent story posted?" It's going to be posted to AO3, but since I like to try and keep a schedule the first full chapter will be posted on the coming tuesday. It'll be updated every tuesday after, with six chapters total. Right now, I just want to give people a little preview before it's properly put up. So, without further ado, here's a preview of the first chapter in "Shadowsong" - - There were still hours to go before the banquet was held, before the political tension was smoothed over with wine, practiced smiles and honeyed words. Maiev had little doubt there was an air of sincerity to it for Tyrande, but thinking of the younger species like bickering children was a hard thing to shake. She met with Tyrande at the temple, walking its deeper halls devoid of prying ears or eyes. “All is as it should be, for the moment.” “Thank you, Maiev,” Tyrande said, smiling tiredly. She eyed Maiev’s armour for a moment and canted her head, asking, “I trust training has been going well?” “My Watchers are ready, High Priestess. Initiates are being kept to low risk duties for the duration of this summit, but they are getting their first taste of our life.” “I imagine they must be proud.” “They know their duty and have purpose.” A slight strain entered Tyrande’s expression and she gestured for them to begin walking back to the front of the temple. “I am grateful to have your aid in this tumultuous time,” she said calmly, each word carrying more weight than anyone watching could have picked up on. Tyrande visited the Watcher’s Thicket a number of times, but each time was brief, if courteous. Something in her eyes shifted when she saw the new watchers training, saw Maiev and Cordana in their warden armour. Maiev knew very well the expressions of guilt and it seemed the weight of her actions years ago was catching up to Tyrande in full. A lot of innocent blood was spilled to release a mass murderer, leading to even more loss of life as the city of Nendis was razed to the ground and its people slaughtered. It was exactly the sort of thing Maiev and her people were there to prevent, it was why they kept their vigil, kept to their duties, because they knew exactly what would happen if any of their charges were to escape. It still gave her chills to think about the others. Illidan was a monster, there was no question about that, but the other charges were not fuelled by a twisted love of power. All were foul for different reasons, driven by an innate or learned desire to hurt others. Maiev did well not to forget the details, intimately knowing the details of their crimes emboldened her to keep them locked away for eternity, rotting in their cells where they belonged. How many people did they hurt when they escaped? How many of those victims were chalked up to demons or undead? Maiev shook her head, paying attention to her surroundings again. “It will be made right again, Tyrande, in time. But we will need more of it.” “I understand.” “I am not certain you do.” “Then help me to understand.” She stopped walking and Tyrande paused as well, looking at her directly. Moonlight fell across them both through the entrance to the temple, forcing Maiev to cast a severe looking shadow. It almost swallowed the High Priestess.Kelería6 3d
4d (Spoilers) The ending to the Emerald Nightmare. On the 21st our guild cleared The Emerald Nightmare on Normal, but I didn't get enough time to explore around the Emerald Dream as we went straight to attempting Heroic. So I came back to it yesterday, and found a familiar friend at the pool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_xhZsghAWU Skip to 1:00 if you wish to get to what I'm talking about, the previous part of the video shows you what there is to see in the Emerald Dream. EDIT: When Shadow Priests interact with this thing, their weapon will talk to them: ...Dominka6 4d
4d If Sargeras is defeated... ...do DK's, DH's and Locks lose their power? Assuming the classes get there power from the void and fel? Can someone explain this to me please :)Korfast5 4d
4d Khadgar, Raven and flying I just saw the Harbringers cinematic for Khadgar again, and after having seen the quest to go to Azsuna 3 times, I noticed something odd in the video. In the quest to go to Azsuna you take a taxi/gryphon/bat down, and Khadgar in his Raven form says this; "I prefer using the greatstaff Atiesh's raven form. Nothing's worse than saddle sores." But in the Harbringers clip we clearly see in the start and the end that he is sitting on, and using a gryphon as his choice of transportation, even though he has the greatstaff Atiesh "equipped". Something I also found odd is the fact that the tome he rejected during the clip had the Raven symbol, often symbolizing either Medivh, Khadgar, or the owner of the staff. Anyone else find this as odd? To me it seems like he has some more interaction with either the tome, or atleast Kharazan before we meet him in his current state, as it looks like he did not have access to the Raven form form some reason..Lihao7 4d