Story

Story Forum "Guidelines" and Suggestions We've adapted the description of this forum to include Fan Fiction, and we encourage you to share your stories here! This rest of this post is taken from Nethaera's thread on the US forums: I know more than a few people have been asking if there are guidelines to posting in these forums. The answer is yes and no both. Confusing, I know, but you'll understand once I explain. First, if you are sharing a story here, it should be fictional and set in the Warcraft universe. Can you break canon? Yes. It's your story. Just please try not to go too far afield. Your audience will appreciate some semblance of familiarity. Next, you've asked about just how far language, sexual themes, or violent themes can go, so I'll explain here. Keep in mind, the forum Code of Conduct still applies. Also, keep in mind the rating (T for Teen) as well. When you want a good example story, please take a look at Blizzard's own for World of Warcraft. That should give you a good comparison for your own tales. Use your best judgement. If you ask yourself, "Is this too far?", it just might be and you might want to consider doing another editing pass. While not everyone may agree on taste, try to keep it as tasteful as possible. If you're sharing a story, it may be a good idea to put "complete" at the bottom of your story if it takes more than one post to tell it. We know there are restrictions on the forums that may hinder you a bit, but this may give you the room to post without someone jumping in before you're done and so that the reader knows they are reading a "finished" (we all know no story is ever really finished) piece of work. Authors may also want to express at the bottom of their completed tale if they are open to constructive feedback. Some may not want feedback other than to hear if someone enjoyed it and some may be looking for others to help them hone their skills. The best way to solicit either is to make it clear what you would like. "Constructive feedback welcome." If you are a reader, please be considerate. If you didn't like a story or liked it, then sharing constructive feedback is fine. But, please make sure you do it in a way that isn't insulting to the author if the author has asked for or made it clear they are open to feedback. Most importantly, we all know that these types of efforts are very personal to the author. I'd like to ask authors not to take feedback too personally and likewise for those that give constructive feedback. Please don't make it personal. Personal attacks are definitely not OK here. This is largely 'your' forum to make of what you like in the end. While we have the power to moderate and help mold, the shape of it all is largely up to you and what you make of it as a community. *I've left this thread open on purpose so that any additional etiquette discussions or questions could be kept here. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves. Takralus8
04 Jan
16m 57m 1h
Sargeras and fire Come to think of it, why in the world have Blizzard portrayed Sargeras in fire? When he is immune to both fire and fel-fire, and Fel is the magic he uses and seen to that all of his demons also use. It's so much more superior to elemental fire too. So why isn''t he engulfed in Fel? It would be so much more accurately presentable for his character. This is the same thing with Gul'dan, like ever since he showed up in Warcraft, he has had red eyes, which also makes no sense. They should be fiery green, just like in the movie, because it's Fel which causes it. But no, Blizzzard just thought that he would look more evil back then if he was portrayed with red eyes, so they ignored any logic that ties to the story, same case with Kil'jaeden and Sylvanas and even Kel'Thuzad. Kil'jaeden should look like Archimonde, Fel tainted. But they so hard wanted him to have the devil from the bible look, so they painted him red although like 90& of the Legion has green eyes. This is also just for the coolness, and for people to see the difference between the two demon lords. Sylvanas and Kel'Thuzad? Same case there with the red eyes. Again, makes zero sense. They were ressurected by the powers of the Lich King (which manifests as lightly-blue or purple/shadow). And Kel'Thuzad, completely stuffed with necromancy, still they were given red eyes in WoW despite it made no sense Even in WC3 Kel'Thuzad and Sylvanas had accurate eyes, atleast Kel'Thuzad, her I don't recall. It's not the biggest thing but it's pretty lame when they add things like this just for it to look more "awesome", when it barely doesn't most times and it doesn't fit with the story. Sylaz0
1h 1h 1h 1h
Ideas for an expansion following Legion I was thinking about what could follow up after Legion and I thought that perhaps we could somehow ressurect the Titans and reform the Pantheon. Perhaps the way we do this is by finding and taking down N'Zoth's physical form and combine it with Y'Shaarj, C'Thun and Yog'Saron's power to create something of mass power, like a guardian but 10x stronger since it is with the Old Gods power rather than powerful mages. With the Titans we could attack the Twisting Nether, killing millions of demons and be the attackers rather than the defenders for once. The Titans would be the physical embodiements of themselves in a weaker and more vulnerable form, much like Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden in their corrosponding raids and they would help you like in Dragon Soul where the dragons each give you an ability. The final boss of the expansion would be Sargeras and the seperate bosses would be his limbs and getting to him such as killing powerful demons (like Jaraxxus, Eredar lord of the Burning Legion or Mannaroth) Perhaps the previous raids of the expansion could be Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden in a similar style of raid since it is in the Twisting Nether and they would be gone for good but would be much more powerful. During this expansion we could see new powerful types of demons and co-ordinated attacks against different parts of Argus and the Twisting Nether. Perhaps we could have it so the raids would be unlocked by everyone doing daily quests/objectives filling up a bar so that it would be unlocked bit by bit by the unity of the playerbase and making you feel like you need to work to face these powerful, endgame beings. Netherglade1
1h 1h 3h
Blood elves are truly incredible I've just been going through some of the older wow content, and blood elves, truly are remarkable. I know in legion the night elves are getting the nightborne, but even with that boost are they going to be able to be a match for the blood elves? I'm not sure if blizzard realize this but, Belves are seriously badass. In Netherstorm, they've basically taken over Draenei and Naaru tech, and mastered it, converted it and are using it. This is incredible, it shows a ridiculously high level of both ingeniuity and drive - they were relentless. I know the Kael'thas ones controlled the mana forges, but you have to remember that the brightest scholars, researches and talented amongst them left Kael'thas in Outland to become Scryers and it is their turn of heart that causes the rest of the blood elves who were heading straight into Kael'thas' arms to turn around and come to their senses. Those guys were part of the team that cracked the mana-forge tech - I don't know if Illidan helped them, i mean he also is incredibly smart, and he probably did, afterall he's like 10k years old, and studied sorcery back in their magical age of legends when the night elves were arcane masters. But the level of knowledge they rise too, matching and surpassing the draenei at thier own tech. We see the night elves on their own are simply no challenge for them. Remember Azshara? 1 blood elf is all it took to beat their entire campaign, not to mention Desolace where 2 lead the hero to single-handedly rout an entire base. They are so intelligent and smart. I'm looking with interest at the nightborne and thinking even with them added to the night elves can they compete? The highborne from Dire Maul were very few, 10? 20? and they don't seem to do that well in cata, but still too few, Nightborne though have a fully operational city that's not in ruins, a nightwell to match the blood elven sunwell. They have advanced magical knowledge they have continued honing, so they would know tons of stuff the blood elves don't know... but are they driven like them? Maybe Thalyssra's group is, and possibly the night elves might be after this latest legion attack because they've had to galvanise, but they're really low on encouragement. Blood elves a brimming with it though, driven, and confident, they've been gaining success after success, building back their shattered lives quickly, didn't see niether the night elves do that for 10k years they just wanted to forget their previous civilization and now they've come to their senses, they don't seem to be up to the task, and the highborne they rescued don't seem to be brimming with energy and drive, they're just as reclusive - Estulan for example is painted as very reclusive and just sad at all the missed opportunities and squandered resources of his people. He is trying to restore Eldre'thalas - don't know how that's gone for him. Maybe the nightborne might have some more energy.. but it's not looking good, rather than fight the evil of the demons like they did 10,000 years ago, these Suramar night elves have instead chosen to bow neck to the Legion instead of fight the evil. We're going to kill all of them for it. However, this Thalyssra and Lunastre of the Nightborne/fallen resistance seem to be a totally different kettle of fish, they seem highly motivated and driven - reminds me a bit of Illidan and Tyrande - one of them Thalyssra is nearing the corrupted withered state, but she's doing everything despite her weakened state to save her people, and Lunastre in the city is stirring up the masses to remember that they're not weak nor fearful, remember they fought the legion badly - so it could go somewhere through this lot. Blood Elves the Best, but could the Emergence of the Nightborne Bounce The Magical Advantage Back to the Night Elves? but magical wise, can they match them? At first, it seems the nightborne would finally have the arcane edge, because surely their knowledge is superior right.. they have all the pre-sundering knowledge in a fully functioning city, with much larger numbers than the Shen'drelar had, far more knowledge than the Zin'Azshari Highborne that became the High elves would have had with them after their 3k years of no magic and no books or tomes from the fallen empire that the sundering and demons shattered. Those elves had to rebuild anew from scratch which is why they became high elves - no longer being night elves. So the nightborne not only have all that previous knoweledge, but had 10k years of solid time to advance hone witht he level of excellence from the Azshara days, without the recklessness ofc, Still, very advanced. So they would be several leagues ahead of the Blood elves and Kirin'Tor ... but......... The draenei knowledge and tech, this is stuff the Nightborne don't have, nor any other night elven group, Blood elves have shown they are great at learning new stuff and can pick it up quickly, like really advanced stuff . If the nightborne bring the night elves an advantage, it won't last for long , and the nightborne don't have Naaru and Draenei tech and all the new stuff the blood elves would have learnt. Finally, the High Elves may have been behind the arcane night elves, but not by much. The gap isn't huge, Suramar looks amazing, but Quel'danas in Chronicles Vol 1 looks even more so, even though we meet in a ruin, and if it wasn't for Warcraft lore saying that the night elves built a civilization and empire that none even of the current age has reached yet again, then i would have said the High elves had surpassed their former kin's zenith point. But alas they haven't. Neck and Neck Could Be Great for Story - But BElves have the Momentum Still, that was said in WC3 and chronicles, it doesn't account for all the new stuff the Blood elves have learnt, and whiles there hasn't been time to build much with all the world disasters showing up, I can't help but think that if they did have time, they'd be able to build surpass the pre-sundering night elves. However, with the nightborne back in the mix and looking like partnering with their night elven kin - they're already at that level, and if they were to build now, with the Ancients around (that's how the night elves built suramar it was druid and mage - the druids were the Ancients whiles the mages the night elves - at least according to WotA), you can see now they're out of isoaltion, and the night elves still retain the druidic aspects including the ancients (that's how they built Darnassus so quickly btw, but without the arcane element at the time, or highborne it is missing the extra mile we see in Suramar) - but together again they'd probably be able to build stuff beyond the ancient night elven empire. Would be interesting. My overall estimate... is that nightborne+night elves together will be able to match the blood elves. I think at first the night elf group will have the upper hand, but the blood elves would catch up fast and then it would be 50/50 - because i don't think the night elves will settle for the blood elves racing ahead, and the nigthborne and highborne are just as intelligent if not more arcane savvy. This is my guess. They'd probably keep each other in check. Which oddly, I like. I like that it would take an Elf to stop an Elf and because the two groups are so evenly matched, well they'll stop the other from dominating everyone else, and this is how you can have the elves be so amazing yet, the orcs and humans gaining the larger territories. It keeps the elves a little smaller so whiles amazing they're not eclipsing everyone else...and this way you can do some crazy stuff with them without them using that to just win every war hands down, because the opposite side's elven group would counter it. Otheliya243
7h 18h
Vanilla yeti boss Hey guys, This might be weird to ask this, but before I got into WoW, I used to watch a friend at his house while playing with his 2 or 3 real life friends. I was instantly hooked just by watching the game.. Anyways, the very first time I watched him play, he decided to go on a hunt or something with his friends. Eventhough I had no clue what was happening, I remember that they had to fly a very long distance (talk to many windriders) before they arrived at some huge cave. I don't remember if they had to kill trash or not, but eventually they would come up to this huge white beast sitting alone in his den. I'm pretty sure it was some sort of an ice yeti but who knows. (this was like 8 years ago or something) and I'm also pretty sure it was a world boss or mob, not instanced. My friend was playing a hunter and they used to wipe on this "boss?" lol, I remember him explaining what feign death was as I just assumed he dropped dead. He used it many times on the fight to remove aggro I assume.. or to mess with his friends who were dying I guess.. I just remember they couldn't kill it (not when I visited atleast) Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew what this boss could be.. I kinda lost contact with this friend and I know he quit WoW a long time ago.. I guess I kinda want to avenge him by killing that damn yeti but I've looked all over Azeroth with no luck.. It couldn't have been just a simple ice thistle yeti right? It sure looked like one of those... I only joined WoW like pre ICC raid so I have no idea. I would appreciate if someone could help me out on this! If you have any questions, just ask. -Mike [Edit] I guess I could be during Burning Crusade.. but maybe it was over 8 years ago, I really don't kow. Voldegar4
21h 22h 1d 1d 1d 1d 1d 2d
Shortstories - Need Feedback Hello fans of World of Warcraft! I'm an aspiring game designer with a tendency for creative design. Here is a preview of a short-story I'm writing for an upcoming series on youtube revolving around immersing the viewer in an audible experience. The series will also revolve around the untold stories of brand new characters within the World of Warcraft universe, one of them is a recently recruited scout in the Argent Crusade, Jacob. Please take note that english is not my first language and the preview might have a few grammatical errors, anyway, enjoy and feel free to leave constructive comments and of course, let me know if you would like more! ------------------------------ Undead Incursions Author: Andrei Cioanca “Most can’t hear the faint whispers of Shades, but there are a few people, gifted individuals who can hear and make sense of these terrible undead creatures and their nefarious plans but make no mistake, children –“, the children’s eyes widened in anticipation as they listened to their father’s story, especially Jacob’s, who even felt the need to adjust his position on the wooden chair as his father continued the story. “ such a gift comes with a price”, the man continued. “If you can sense the shade’s presence, then they can sense yours, as well.” Jacob gasped at the ending as his father rapidly changed eye contact between the other 2 siblings, looking for even the slightest reaction of fear in their eyes. The mother quickly rushed in the room and started comforting the two children and scolding the husband for scaring them before their bed time. Jacob set his eyes on his mother, but he could not hear her voice at all, her face was distorted and blurry, as if he just couldn’t focus on her. After she finished talking to his father, the man replied staring deeply at his wife comforting her two children, completely ignoring the other child at the table, “Yes...”, and a long pause overtook his voice before heartening himself to continue “No more... scary stories.” Suddenly, Jacob felt his surroundings crumble. He slowly began to black out and could no longer see the entire room, but only the table in front of him and his family. Soon his mother started fading away. He caught a glimpse of her green eyes as she disappeared completely, followed by one of the other children at the table. Her eyes were the only features Jacob could distinguish of her face, and he could only see them right before she disappeared. His breath got heavier as he tried to make sense of what was happening around him. Lightheadedness and cold sweat started to overtake Jacob and suddenly his father turned his gaze upon him and said with a ghastly voice echoing through the now blackened room, “no more...” . The father’s voice echoed through Jacob’s mind as his consciousness raced through the darkness, “no more...”. Soon, he felt the soft ground, the cold sweat that was covering him and an undeniable urge to breathe as he filled his lungs to the brim with air. He breathed heavily, as if he didn’t taste air in quite a long while, unfortunately the air was tainted with the aroma of death. Pain started to overwhelm him, his whole body was aching and his legs felt like they would break if he tried to stand on them. He could taste blood in his mouth as he desperately tried to move. Coughing with his vision still blurry and in pain, Jacob realized he was still in the plaguelands, unfortunately for him, his wounds did not kill him and whatever undead creature caused them, it did not finish the job.   Missileboy0
2d 2d
WoW and WC Movie differences *Spoilers, Explicit* I watched the movie during the weekend and decided to write down the lore differences between the movie and the lore we know. I also want to make clear that the movie is NOT CANON so the differences are not to be regarded as retcon. Apart from possibly one. Most changes were done to fit a movie format or something like that. *1. Sacrifices needed for Portal.* Though this would make sense with the new lore regarding Fel literally feeding on life. The portal uses fel magic to open, thus a large amount of sacrfices were needed for it to function. Initially, Draenei are used as sacrifices but later on humans. -Originally, there were no accounts of sacrifices. It could be regarded as a retcon, and seeing as there are draenei spirits flying around in WoD starting quests it may be some truth in this. *2. One-way Dark Portal/No Dark Portal on Azeroth* Gul'dan leads a “small” warband through the Dark Portal on draenor which can only be open for a short amount of time. It also causes them to appear in a random lake/pond in the middle of the Black Morass. While it is implied (very much so) that Medivh did open the portal in the lake on his end, it's never cleared up completely. The portal closes as soon as the Warband is through (hence the collection of Human sacrifices) -Originally, Medivh opened the Dark Portal (which apparently already stood there) on his end. While only able to send through individuals at first, it was later widened to allow the full might of the Horde. *3. Pistols/Rifles* The Stormwind Army are introduced to dwarven guns early in the movie (Commander Lothar more specifically). It is in the end of the movie part of the Stormwind soldiers' arsenal. -Originally, dwarven guns were not introduced until WC3. In WC2 we had demolition squads (bombs) and I faintly recall cannons. No guns. There is quite the year gap between the First and Third War. *4. Garona's mother is an Orc* (reason for explicit tag) Though it may have been a lie that Gul'dan told her. The necklace she wears has the tusk of her mother. Draenei do not have tusks. Thus her origin may be in shadows. Then again, she may have been brainwashed. -Originally, Garona's mother was a Draenei, captured by the Shadow Council and then raped and forced to give birth to a halfbreed. The Shadow Council then sped up her aging to an adult. *5. No Shadow Council* There is no indication that there is a Shadow Council lead by Gul'dan. While there was not much screentime for any character development or background stories, a small mention of them would at least have been nice. -Originally, Gul'dan has a Shadow Council that helped him with various tasks, all ranging from secret plots to control over the Horde *6. No Ner'zhul (yet)* No mention of Ner'zhul in the movie. Though he was Chieftain over a rather influential clan. However, those knowing the lore would know that he might still be on Draenor, in chains. -Originally, Ner'zhul was the one contacted by Kil'jaeden and brought the orcs to the use of Fel. But as he came to realize he was being used, Gul'dan (Ner'zhul's apprentice) betrayed him and continued the Legion's mission. *7. Orgrim Doomhammer is a Frostwolf* Orgrim is a Frostwolf in the movie. While it's been written like that to make him closer to Durotan and give more reasons for him not being Green, it's still not as the original. -Originally, Orgrim was a member of the Blackrock Clan, being the second-in-command of Blackhand. He refused drinking the Blood of Mannoroth claiming he was not worthy the same treatment as his Warchief and the Chieftains. *8. No Blood of Mannoroth* Fel taint is given directly by draining the life of someone/something and then imbuing the Fel created on the person you want to taint. No indication of drinking a demon's blood is given. -Originally, the orcs drank of the blood of the Annihilan Mannoroth, thus making giving them the fel empowerment and glowy red eyes. *9. No Common language* Actually something that does make more sense than original lore. In the movie, Orcs and Humans cannot understand eachother. They rely at one point on the translations of Garona who learnt the human language from prisoners the horde had captured. Orcs speak Orcish, Humans speak (presumably) Common. -Originally, Common seems to be a universal language spoken by all things everywhere. It is one plot thing (among others) that does not make sense. But it is how the Horde managed to get their various allies on Azeroth. *10. Khadgar's background* Khadgar is a young mage who was trained by the Kirin Tor to become the next Guardian, eventually supposed to replace Medivh. He renounced his vows and left the Kirin Tor to travel on his own. He senses something strange in a garrison and heads there to investigate, finding everyone dead and some life drained by Fel. -Originally, he was sent by the Kirin Tor to be an apprentice to Medivh. Medivh trained him for quite some time and they had a quite solid student/teacher relationship. *11. Possibly no Demons* There is no indication of demons existing in the movie. While they might be hidden, nothing links Medivh to Sargeras or Gul'dan to Kil'jaeden. However, it does appear that Medivh is sometimes unaware of his fel actions and that the Fel is controlling him, having a will of its own. -Originally, Sargeras (or some essence of him) was posessing Medivh and being in control of him since the day Medivh awoke from a lengthy coma in his youth. Kil'jaeden also commanded Gul'dan to do his stuff. At least for a time. *12. Garona is a random slave* Garona is a halfbreed who is a slave to one of Gul'dan's underlings. She is freed by Durotan as her owner is killed by Medivh in a forest skirmish and she runs into the forest, eventually captured by Khadgar. -Originally, Garona was an Assassin to the Shadow Council and feared throughout the Horde. The Shadow Council controlled her with spells and forced her to obey their will. *13. Khadgar does not age* Khadgar and Lothar kill Medivh and Khadgar then purifies Medivh using the Light. This does not appear to do anything to him other than exhaust him. -Originally, Medivh drains Khadgar of his power, causing the latter to age prematurely. While Khadgar is able to recover his power in time, he does not retain his youth. However, his body still acts as if young despite looking as if it's old. *14. Dalaran is floating in the sky* Dalaran is a floating city in the sky. Looks marvellous, but yeah... -Originally it was landbased but after it's reconstruction (destroyed in Third War) and with the second Scourge invasion, it was lifted into the sky and headed for Northrend. *15. The Light* “Within Light, there is Darkness and within Darkness, Light” or something like that. It seems to be a mirror of Fel and someone fully infused with Fel can (with nothing but willpower, apparently) turn it into Light and purify Fel from something. -Originally the Light is a Divine form of magic drawn from the Cosmic force of Light. It appears to, like Shadow, have some basic form of Will of its own. It's the exact opposite of Shadow/Void and has nothing to do with Fel (other than originally being the cause of it, along with Shadow). *16. Alodi* Alodi is an ancient cubic device that the Kirin Tor Council believes to have originally been some kind of Guardian before the time of the Kirin Tor. Thus the First Guardian. It helps Khadgar understand the nature of Light and Fel and tells him to kill Medivh (as if that wasn't obvious enough). -Originally, Alodi was a halfelf that became the First Guardian after devising a spell, along with the rest of the Council of Tirisfal to allow them to permanently imbue someone with their power, creating a vastly powerful mage to combat powerful demons. *17. King Llane's fate* King Llane dies in battle at the Dark Portal after helping his rescued people flee through it to Stormwind (Purified, dying Medivh redirects it to Stormwind). As the Guardian dies, the portal is deactivated. Llane, Garona and a handful of Soldiers remain to be slaughtered by the Horde. To save Garona's life, Llane tells her to kill him, thus making her a Hero in the Orcs' eyes. -Originally, Llane is assassinated by Garona in Stormwind City shortly before the Orcs completely sack it. *18. Blackhand's Death* Lothar arrives to the battle at the Dark Portal to save Llane and Garona, but is too late. He arrives to a corpse and a horde of orcs that want to kill him. They subdue his gryphon and knock him out and Blackhand challenges him to Mak'gora. Lothar kills Blackhand. -Originally, Orgrim kills Blackhand and, being the second-in-command, is granted control of the Horde. *19. Stormwind's Fate* Stormwind City is barely affected by the orcish warband, apart from the refugees arriving. While its king dies in battle at the Dark Portal, it is the location of the forming of the Alliance before the credits roll. The Alliance calls to Anduin Lothar to lead them to eradicate the Orcs. The Dwarves and Elves do not appear entirely happy, but then you only see them for about a second in total in that scene alone. -Originally, Stormwind was sacked by the Orcish Horde and the survivors, lead by Anduin Lothar, head to Lordaeron where the Northen Nations form the Alliance. *20. Thrall's Birth* (thanks to Gashuk for reminding me) Thrall is stillborn. Gul'dan shows he truly cares for the growth of his people by draining the life of a deer and transfering it to Thrall, giving him life. I love this scene because while we know Gul'dan is evil, he still cares. This ritual causes Thrall to be given green skin. -Originally, Thrall is born alive and well. However, he is born green. This is due to the corruptive fel energies on Draenor tainting him while he was in his mother's womb, despite his parents not drinking the Blood of Mannoroth. *21. Lothar and Wrynn relation* (randomly remembered it now) Aduin Lothar and Llane Wrynn are brothers-in-law. This is due to Lothar's sister being Wrynn's queen. -Originally, there are no records of any sister to Lothar or any queen to Wrynn. While there must've been a queen somewhere (or at least a breeding station of sorts) nothing points towards it being the sister of Lothar. Wrynn, Lothar and Medivh were childhood friends. *22. Grom and Bladefist* (thanks to Wårrior and Daha for pointing this out) Grommash Hellscream, Chieftain of the Warsong Clan, and Kargath Bladefist, Chieftain of the Shattered Hand Clan, are in the movie looking badass as usual, giving nerdgasms to fans. -Originally, neither of these two memorable orcs took part of the First War on Azeroth. Grom was convinced to stay on Draenor and Bladefist more or less forced to keep an eye on Ner'zhul and some ogre mage (whose name I cannot quite remember at the moment), also keeping him on Draenor. *23. Initial Orc Attack on SW* (Thanks to Wårrior for pointing this out) An orc raiding party, lead by Blackhand, runs into some Stormwind Knights along with Khadgar, Medivh and Anduin in the forest as we all may remember veyr well. It ends in disaster for the Orcs and the survivors flee. Yay for magic! -Originally, this first enocunter betweent the Stormwind Knights and the Orcs was supposed to happen in Stormwind City/Keep. Llane's father, Barathen "Adamant" Wrynn was still ruling over SW at this time and dies in the attack, but the Stormwind Knights pushed the orcs out of Stormwind Lands. Llane succeeds him and vows to exterminate all orcs and thus the First War begins. *24. Ogres* (thanks to Wårrior for pointing this out) No such thing as an Ogre is even mentioned in the movie, from what I recall. -Originally, large lumbering oafs called Ogres were part of the Horde in the First War. They originated in Azeroth but after the First War and Second War they spread out and are now found on almost all continents of Azeroth. *25. The Church of Light* (Thanks to Wårrior for pointing this out) Though we see a giant Cathedral in the middle of Stormwind City, we do not know it's purpose. Oh, well... Might be a storage area? -Originally, the Church of Light was the main religion among the Eastern Kingdoms. It originated with the end of the Troll Wars and have been the spiritual relief for most citizens of the human kingdoms. During the time of the First War, the clerics of Northshire and their members aided the Stormwind Army with their Light blessed powers. They proved ineffective against the Warlocks of the Horde, also unable to defend themselves in close quarters, and thus the Paladin Order was created prior to the Second War. There are most likely something(s) I missed, so please write them down in the comments Maohao60
2d 2d 2d 2d
[Spoiler][Speculation] Possible (Troll)Patch? Greetings fellow Forum dwellers! Hear me out will you? How possible is it that we may get a troll patch for legion? I have some points that atleast would make it plausible 1.) The waste of Vol'jin as a character For anyone who has seen the Broken shore conclusion you know what I mean. Though the cinematic is still missing it looks like the warchief that we just got one xpac ago... dies. On his Throne in Orgrimmar. Apparently to Grievous wounds, but managed to get back from the Broken shore... yeah. Something doesnt add up and many people on the Forums have pointed it out. For one there are the Lore implication of him not able to actually die that easily. He survived Garroshs assassanition attempt. Healed a wound on the throat and got stronger for it! The Guy literally has a pact with the Loa of the DEAD, that keeps him safe from any actual harm. Even bloody Sylvanas, who is obsessed with not dying, remarks that Vol'jin is a stupidly resiliant Troll. Simply put. The Lore so far established that this guy is -very- hard to kill. Secondly. I know this gives Blizzards writers probably to much credit... but I dont expect them to just kill this character that hasnt had much screen time in the game or a chance to show what he is made of... and actually LEAD as a WARCHIEF. 2.) Possible Locations close to the broken Shore If Vol'jin survives...or not. There are still two places that could be of interest for a Troll patch. The First: Zandalar. Of course Rastahkan and what is left of the Zandalari trolls could for sure make some fromidable allies against the Legion. After all trolls where around when the Legion first invaded and as the Zandalari are the Historians and Spiritual kind of trolls they'd probably know a great deal about the Legion. Also the Story of Rastahkan and Zul the Prophet is still not finished and this would be a great opportunity to make it happen The Second: The Darkspear homeland. You remember that island where Sen'jin got fried by murlocs and the Darkspear joined the horde? Well. Apparently that island possesses a Powerfull Forest. And not just any forest. The Loa, the troll Gods, are strong in these woods and the Shadowhunters of the Darkspear go there, to finish their training, as they are tested by the gods. Afaik the Darkspear go there in some form of pilgrimage or to finish their Shadowhunter training. And with a strong connection to the Loa that place aswell could prove valuable against the Legion. 3.): Removed troll themed mounts and Mobs. No idea if you remember these guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBL_2KMYo2s They where in the Alpha for a while but Blizzard removed them. Now why would they remove new raptors. A mount that is racial linked to trolls? Maybe because they decided they didnt fit into legion... or they dont fit into Legions launch! The possibility is there that they will come back in a appropriate Patch later on! And that patch could be troll themed. I'd like to invite anyone to share some speculation and also add any information they may have to this! Let's discuss a possible Troll patch mon! Gurgtrock3
2d 2d 2d 3d 3d 3d 3d 4d
A few of my concerns for the up coming story. First of all this isn't a "AMG! Legion sucks!" thread. Although I'm terribly disappointed that the expansion isn't based on the South Seas and that we don't get to see Kul Tiras, I'm still quietly curious about this new expansion. However, after watching the live stream a couple of things got my attention that gave me cause for concern story wise. Too be fair I pretty much gave up on story after the awfully handled Siege of Orgrimmar story line. I'm sure many of you liked it but in my opinion, the ending was unsatisfactory and retarded. The less said about Draenor the better but the time travel stuff, alternate universe and the way Grommash gets let off the hook at the end is just unacceptable. But anyway, back on topic. I'll list my concerns in number format: 1. Major Character Deaths: Now this isn't something too bad, but I get the feeling that a large number of characters are going to die and I'm afraid it's going to be a GoT style purge. They already hinted that Tirion Fordring is going to die (really don't care TBH) but I got a feeling that Varian will die. Not sure how I feel about this. Maybe if it makes Anduin grow some balls, maybe even become a Paladin, fine I might let it slide. But I have this feeling that it will be handled poorly in that Broken Shores event they kept going on about. I also have a feeling Thrall will die (but this is something I'm glad about, he's become the most OP and retarded character ever). Now they also mentioned Jaina is pretty angry and has run off somewhere. I get the feeling that we'll have to kill her at some point maybe something for Horde players because they said not to forget her. Which leads me on to Sylvannas. She's been cited as a major character on the Legion site and it pretty much hints that she's either going to die or turn on us in an attempt to preserve her life. 2. The Alliance and Horde can't work together: Ok so this is really stupid. I mean we can band together to beat off lame threats like Illidan and the Scourge. We joined forces to defeat Deathwing. We can band together to beat the Iron Horde, which never seemed to me like the threat it was made out to be. But the end of the world looms and we can't put aside our differences? Don't get me wrong, I'm all against working together but if we worked together before to beat threats which are minor in comparison why can't we do it again? I mean, I really, really hated helping Thrall in Cataclysm. In the Ulduar trailer, Varian hates the Horde so much, he goes as far as saying "May this death god take you all!" That pretty much summed up my mood in Cataclysm. I'd rather the world burn than help Horde, especially seeing as how Thrall butchered all those Alliance sailors in the lost isles during Cataclysm then claimed neutrality. It just seems silly that we can't put aside our differences for this unless of course they put an emphasis on the Alliance and Horde being at each others throats, in which case I feel this can work. 3. Too many enemies, not enough allies: So we've come off the back of so many wars and we're now to fight the Burning Legion, loses will inevitably be high. So how the hell are we constantly replenishing our forces? Also the new continent seems to be full of Burning Legion stooges and a new stream of enemies. Not only do we have to contend with the Legion but also the Vrykul, the Elves of Surammar, Xavius' forces and also Azshara. And we're expected to do all this with members of our class? WoD was all about building alliances and gathering an army to defeat the Iron Horde but surely that would be more of a focus right now given the gravity of the situation? Surely now would be the time to give the Alliance Kul Tiras and the Horde the Zandalari or Ogres or something? I know we get Alleria and Turalyon back (what are the chances they will be neutral? Answer 100%). 4. Any threat that comes after this will seem lame by comparison: So yeah, basically once this is all and done with and the Legion defeated, what comes next? You expect us to take any threat seriously? Now I think an Alliance/ Horde war afterwards would be the only threat that one could take seriously or believe in as everyone has a vested interest in their factions. However that's already been done with MoP and it might be too soon to start going again even though there are so many unresolved storylines like Gilnaes. Now I understand none of this might come to pass and that things can change but these are a few of the concerns I have with the story at the moment, based off what I know or can assume. Anyway, someone tell me I'm worrying too much or have thought about it too much or that I'm just being down right silly. Laevinus21
4d 4d 4d 5d 5d 5d 5d
Illidas Story help Hi Boys/girls i could use some help with my english assignment. this is what i have written so far :D jus come with suggestions if i miss anything or my english is not correct. ILLIDAN Stormrage Illidan really first came into the story of the “World of Warcraft” in the second expansion of the game named “The Burning Crusade”. Here he is the main theme of the game. He is the last boss of the expansion and one of the hardest bosses that have ever been in the game. If you kill Illidan in the game, he has a chance of giving you the famous legendary weapons called “Twin blade of Azzinoth”. Illidan was born a “night elf”. He is the twin brother of “Malfurion Stormrage”. Ever since he saw the night elf Tyrande Whisperwind, he wanted her to be his for the rest of his life. Illidan was born with “Amber eyes”, at the time this was, seen by the night elves as a sign of a great destiny. We do not know who the parents to Illidan are. Illidan was addicted to power and magic this made him go away from his training as a druid. Illidans addiction to power and magic made him do terrible actions towards his own kind. The worst thing he ever did was opening another “well of eternity”. The well of eternity was the thing that gave the night elves their immortality, power and magic. The well of eternity made the demons of the burning legion attack the night elves so they could take the power and magic for themselves. This made the night elves destroy the well of eternity, Illidan was not happy about this action so he opened it another Well of eternity. This gave him the title “The Betrayer” he was now only called “Illidan the Betrayer”. He was send to prison for ten thousand years. After 10 thousand years, Tyrande Whisperwind came and asked for Illidans help. She kills the guards guarding Illidan, and releases him from his prison. With no doubt in Illidans mind, he helps his long loved Tyrande. Malfurion gets very mad and upset about Tyrandes action thinking that the release of Illidan was a big mistake. Illidan was eager to prove that the demons had no hold of him. Therefore, Illidan left Malfurion. He led a group of night elves into “Felwood”, so they could hunt down the demons within the Felwood. While Illidans was in Felwood he encountered a human named “Arthas Menethil” also known as the “lich king”. After a long time of battle, they both realize that they were equally matched. Arthas tells Illidan about an ancient artifact called “The skull of Guldan” who is cursing the forest. Illidan hurry over to the ancient artifact. When Illidan got to the ancient artifact he considers if he should claim the power there is in it for himself. He does and gets the power. This turns him in to a demon now he is half night elf half demon. Betrayer... In truth, it was I who was betrayed. Still, I am hunted. Still, I am hated. Now, my blind eyes see what others cannot: that sometimes the hand of fate must be forced! Now go forth... unleash the tides of Doom... Upon all those... who would oppose us. - Illidan Stormrage Prýtkrigeren4
5d 5d 5d 6d 6d 6d 6d 6d