Interface and Macros

07 Mar 2011 WoW User Interface Add-On Development Policy With the continuing popularity of World of Warcraft user interface add-ons (referred to hereafter as "add-ons") created by the community of players, Blizzard Entertainment has formalized design and distribution guidelines for add-ons. These guidelines have been put in place to ensure the integrity of World of Warcraft and to help promote an enjoyable gaming environment for all of our players - failure to abide by them may result in measures up to and including taking formal legal action. 1) Add-ons must be free of charge. All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on. 2) Add-on code must be completely visible. The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public. 3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players. Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates. 4) Add-ons may not include advertisements. Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services. 5) Add-ons may not solicit donations. Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game. 6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material. World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings. 7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA. All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement. 8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit. To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion. 15 July 2009 Music Distribution through UI Add-Ons We have recently seen a number of User Interface Add-Ons that are making modifications to the World of Warcraft in-game music files and wanted to take a moment to go over some important points with the community in connection with this. While we are currently allowing Add-Ons that remove or replace existing sound files, keep in mind that it is illegal to distribute copyrighted materials, in this case in-game music and audio files, without authorization. One of the primary goals of the user interface is to allow players to customize their game experience and we hope to avoid making any modifications in the future that will prevent this. 13 April 2009 UI Add-On Development Policy Update On 20 March, we released the new add-on development policy to the public as an ongoing effort to help ensure add-on integrity, safety, and quality for the community. Since that time we have been in touch with many UI development communities on what the policy means to them and the continuing development of these add-ons. We would like to announce further that we are providing a sixty-day grace period beginning at the time of the initial release of the policy for UI developers to comply with the new policy. After May 19th, Blizzard Entertainment will begin to enforce the Add-on Development policy, and developers found to be in violation of this policy will be contacted directly. For more information... If you are an add-on developer and have any questions about and this User Interface Add-On Development Policy and how it pertains to the add-on that you've developed, please don't hesitate to email us at 07 Mar 2011
10h Notable UI Changes Coming in 7.1 Patch 7.1 includes several changes to WoW UI functions, and we wanted to call extra attention to a few of them, as they may break some functionality provided by addons. This is not a comprehensive list of all of 7.1’s UI API changes, just the ones we thought addon authors would be most interested in. If you’re not an addon author, feel free to ignore this post, as it’s only covering technical changes to how addons interact with the game. Unit Position changes Several unit positioning/facing/range APIs have been restricted so that they will only return valid values when the following criteria are met: • Unit is the active player or in the party • Unit is not in any kind of instance PvE or PvP. The following functions have been affected: GetPlayerMapPosition UnitCameraFacing UnitDistanceSquared UnitFacing UnitPosition (note: when in the restricted state, the mapID return is still valid) There are new ways to access units on the map: "AddUnit", "AddUnitFileID", "AddUnitAtlas", "ClearUnits", "FinalizeUnits", It's illegal to call AddUnit after a call to Finalize in the same frame that this was finalized. "SetPlayerPingTexture", "StartPlayerPing", "StopPlayerPing", "GetMouseOverUnits", "SetOverrideMapID", "GetOverrideMapID", Intrinsics It’s now possible to create an “intrinsic” frame template. Intrinsics are similar to virtual XML templates but have a few special behaviors. As an example, here is a simple intrinsic definition. <Frame name="ExampleIntrinsic" intrinsic="true"> <Scripts> <OnShow function="ExampleIntrinsic_OnPostShow" intrinsicOrder="postcall" /> </Scripts> </Frame> These can be created through CreateFrame like built-in widgets. Using the example above, you’d create a new ExampleIntrinsic by calling CreateFrame(“ExampleIntrinsic”). These can also be created through XML elements anywhere a frame type could. For example: <Frame name="ExampleParentFrame"> <Frames> <ExampleIntrinsic parentKey="Example"> <Scripts> <OnShow function="ExampleIntrinsic_OnShow" /> </Scripts> </ExampleIntrinsic> </Frames> </Frame> Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, intrinsics can apply special ordering to their frame scripts. Additionally, once an intrinsic frame script is bound to the frame, it cannot be rebound. However, it can be hooked and inspected. For example, in the definition above the global function “ExampleIntrinsic_OnPostShow” is bound to an instantiation of ExampleIntrinsic. It’s intrinsicOrder is “postcall” which means that this OnShow handler is called after the normal OnShow handler. The ExampleIntrinsic_OnPostShow cannot be replaced. However, it can be hooked via HookScript or inspected by GetScript by passing in an additional optional argument with either LE_SCRIPT_BINDING_TYPE_INTRINSIC_POSTCALL or LE_SCRIPT_BINDING_TYPE_INTRINSIC_PRECALL. Specifying “precall” for the intrinsicOrder means that the handler is called before the normal OnShow handler. An intrinsic can have both a precall and a postcall. For an example of usage, see the new ScrollingMessageFrame.xml and the corresponding ScrollingMessageFrame.lua files. Nameplates In patch 7.1, addons have been restricted from acting on nameplate. Addons can still gather information, target, and customize nameplates, but can no longer use their unit tokens for spell casts. This is similar to how nameplates worked in Warlords of Draenor. Functions were added to help addons: Added: SetNamePlateFriendlySize, GetNamePlateFriendlySize, SetNamePlateEnemySize, GetNamePlateEnemySize, SetNamePlateSelfClickThrough, GetNamePlateSelfClickThrough, SetNameplateFriendlyClickThrough, GetNameplateFriendlyClickThrough, SetNamePlateEnemyClickThrough, GetNamePlateEnemyClickThrough These functions allow a specific area on the nameplate to be marked as a preferred click area such that if the nameplate position query results in two overlapping nameplates, the nameplate with the position inside its preferred area will be returned: SetNamePlateSelfPreferredClickInsets, GetNamePlateSelfPreferredClickInsets, SetNamePlateFriendlyPreferredClickInsets, GetNamePlateFriendlyPreferredClickInsets, SetNamePlateEnemyPreferredClickInsets, GetNamePlateEnemyPreferredClickInsets, Removed: SetNamePlateOtherSize GetNamePlateOtherSize Aerythlea5 10h
5m 7.1 new annoying mail popup Since 7.1 hit I'm now getting a popup message every time I send mail to a character on the same bnet account but not the same WoW account. It happens regardless of whether the sending character has mailed the target character since 7.1 or not. The message is as follows: "This character might be someone you don't know. Really send <targetname> these items?" It happens using character name or character name-server name formats. It happens with unbound items (mats, greens, blues, etc.) or account-bound items. It happens cross realm and same realm for account items. I cannot find an option to disable it and I'm getting it without mail addons (sometimes use Postal) active. I could understand if it showed up the first time you mailed a character but every message to every character on a connected bnet account is overkill. Can anyone help with this? Edit: just to make this more pointless - the same realm characters are in the same guild so that's a non-issue too.Ostokset1 5m
50m Huge Cursor after 7.1 After the recent patch my in game cursor has doubled or nearly tripled in size for no apparent reason. I've tried disabling/reinstalling all add ons, changing graphics settings, restarting the game, my laptop. I play in Windowed (Fullscreen) mode usually - when I change to Fullscreen the cursor becomes even smaller than it usually was (like 50% of the normal size) and it moves super slow. Something changed with the patch and I can't seem to figure out what it is, anyone else with the same issues?Dévyn3 50m
1h User Interface got butchered in one patch I was fine when I logged off, everything was hunky dorey and my action bars name plates and everything was -fine- (I use wow ui for everything but action bars) I log back on and I feel like im playing as if im visually impaired and need everything bigger now? wtf how did you manage to break your own ui in one patchVulrin4 1h
1h What happened to Health Bars in 7.1 As of today's patch I have a really annoying problem with unit health bars and the health/ resource bar that appears under your character during combat. None of them are click through, clickable or respond at all. I am used to being able to hold-down right click to turn my character/ screen but with these new health bars if my mouse happens to be over one of the many health bars on screen, including my own. I cannot hold right click to move my screen position. This is really annoying. The mouse cursor just does not react at all when hovered over health bars. I don't have any Health Bar addons so if this is something Blizzard has put in, why? can I fix it? what addon will work around this?Rzyal0 1h
2h ´Cant bind ctrl + 1,2,3 I cant bind ctrl + 1,2,3 but i can bind ctrl + 9 does anyone know the problem?Marrasi1 2h
4h ActionCam warning on zonechange I've made a small AddOn (AutoActionCam) that enables the ActionCam on every login, that way I never need to enable it on login. I made it because I didn't really have a need for DynamicCam, just wanted the ActionCam. Now the AddOn in and of itself works flawlessly, but on every zonechange or login, the game displays a warning message that it's a feature that could induce motion sickness. I've been looking around on how to disable said warning but haven't been able to figure out how. Does anybody have an idea how to disable the message from showing up?Yukikon0 4h
5h UpdateWorldMapArrow API removed. What to do? Hi guys. If this is not good place to ask this question, please give me a WOW Addon developer forum link so I can ask it there. I am using OmegaMap addon for a long time and I don't think I can live without it. It may be abandoned or not. I am not sure but I was maintaining it by myself for a while. With the introduction of Legion 7.1, I had to fix few additional stuff in OmegaMap and I noticed that "UpdateWorldMapArrow" API was removed from WOW. So, I don't know what to do about it. Does anybody have any suggestion about how to replace it with a new API or something?Dashfyra1 5h
5h Waht is this? Can I get rid of it? ow do I make the thing inside the rectangle square disappear? Is it DBM stuff? Can you make it disappear? If so, someone please help me remove it!Souprise2 5h
5h What do the 7.1 UI changes mean for enemygrid addon? What do the UI changes mean for enemygrid? Can we still see/keep track of dots, color the nameplates by threat, and click on the nameplates to target the mobs? But we can no longer use it for mouseover macros. Any other change? EDIT2: I think it means that you must first target a mob before it can appear on enemygrid, which is just completely bonkers. I cannot click nameplates in a huge stack, and tab targeting is BROKEN. Go try to stand in front of a group of 5 mobs and press tab. It will randomly only tab through 3 or 4, or sometimes 5 but not always. Clicking on nameplates is also not the same as it was in WoD or earlier. Nameplates now dance too much, no matter what option you select, and it is almost impossible to click on a specific mob that you want among a pack unless you are in melee range of it. EDIT: I want to say that this addon was a godsend for all dot classes. Finally some of the most frustrating things about the default UI. It is impossible to make dot classes work with tab-dotting, as it is BROKEN. It will randomly not target certain minions, which I see with my eyes are undotted, while targeting the other same ones over and over again, often in random order. Because nameplates bounce around so much, and because nameplates are in general extremely cluttered with all types of minions etc. trying to click on a specific mob, or specific mobs in a specific order, in a pack is almost impossible while continuing to do other things. Please Blizzard consider at least giving us some tools to help with this issue, instead of completely breaking it. Non-dot classes do not have to worry about this, and healers have had something that functions exactly like enemygrid for forever. It has not made dot classes too OP, just reduced the frustration related to playing them. If you are worried about other potential uses, instead of reverting the change, something to help multi-dotting work would be just as helpful/appreciated!Caracela3 5h
6h Addons messed up Does anyone else have the same issue? Every single Addon I have is messed up in some way. I think they are all back to default settings or something but it just feels strange after 7.1.0. There ware some minor difficulties with the Ui scaling and the cameradistance that were easily fixed by googling it real quick. But I have so many Addons like TitanPanel, MobInfo, Enchantrix, Auctioneer and stuff that I have not touched in 11 years, because they always worked every single day i played this game without any issues and my settings I adjusted 11 years ago. And now, after one single patch that wasn't even a major new expansion every single one is somehow different. Is there a way for me to get my old settings back without having a backup copy of the pre patch wow folder?Dìmìtrì1 6h
7h Nameplate behaviour Legion vs WoD Hi all. Enemy nameplates behave different in Legion. In WoD nameplates never overlapped so you could always see how many mobs was present in a trash pack in instances etc. Now they overlap and sometimes you can only see one and a half nameplate when there's actually 5-6 mobs. This is extremely inconvenient when trying to keep an eye out for several casts that needs to be interrupted and also when trying to maximize DPS. I know there's an option in the interface menu where you can change the behaviour but I hardly notice any difference when switching between the two. Also now it seems nameplates appear for mobs that are VERY far away, which also clutters the screen. The range in WoD was much better. I do use Elvui, but I've tried disabling it and nameplates behave the same without it. So am I missing something or is this happening to everyone? If it is intended I'd just want to say that the WoD behaviour was better for me and it would be great to have an option implented that would bring this back.Slimseven3 7h
7h Clear target after death | Action Camera Hey. Short question: is there a setting / macro / add-on that auto-clears (auto-deselect) the target your character has just killed? I am using the Action Camera and it's just great! It gives a different, dynamic, more personal perspective on the game and I intend to use it from now on. But... it's a bit annoying that the camera always lags behind, getting "stickied" to the last target you had / killed. /tySun0 7h
8h Font folder overwrite messed up? I use a font overwriting folder and it looks weird since 7.1, anyone that can help? I know that is kind of vague but I suspect they perhaps changed the name of one of the fonts files? It looks like the outline/shadow is gone so it blends in really akwardly. I changed the 4 fonts to Myriad Web and the names of the 4 files are: "MORPHEUS" "skurri" "FRIZQT__" "ARIALN" I have basicly done this since vanilla and its always been fine till now.Nuckels0 8h
8h small cinematic when using flight master's whistle Seriously what is up with this? I loved being able to keep chatting when using this item, while now everything i have open gets closed and i just have to wait 5 seconds -,- i know it sounds childish but it bothers me Is there a way to disable it? thanksAmyrantha3 8h
10h Health bar numbers. Sorry, me again. I have another issue, my health bar and mana bar, and other peoples don't show numbers unless I highlight them, how do I fix this? It's really quite irritating.Tamíay16 10h
10h Action Cam Returns!... Buuuuut I love that it's back and boy it's satisfying to have a new perspective. Now I'm not sure if this option is already available but it would be nice to view him from the opposite side, seems kinda stuck on the left which is a visual irritation to best put it... if there is someway to change this so it's viewed from the other shoulder like in most current third person view games that would look muuuuch better.Brizz1 10h
10h Trade Interface in 7.1 Story of 7.1 so far: YES I DO want to accept this frikkin trade. And yes, I am very sure of it, because you asked me on every single item I placed in the trade window. So after 4 times saying "YES WE CAN", I do not really need a fifth question, where I also have to wait 3 seconds to press okay oO Pleeeeease Blizzard. :|Neithan0 10h
11h Why do Blizzard hate zoom? What's wrong with being able to zoom out to see the world? WoW feels so claustrophobic. /console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6 helps over the 1.9 default but it still sucks.Vensin0 11h
11h weakauras for tracking staggerstop I'm currently trying to track the period where my stagger has been stopped by using Ironskin Brew while the blackout combo buff is up. Now the main issue is that it doesn't add a buff so you can't track it that way. My idea was to have a fixed 3s progressbar go off when you use Ironskin brew while the aura is up. I got it working without the last requirement so far, but found only a way to make it show while the aura is up/not up. So i suspect a custom trigger will be necessary, i have however no idea of how to write them or where this api for this sort of calls is. Can anyone help me with this code and perhaps direct me in the right direction of where i may find these resources in the future?Kyudosai0 11h
13h Macro request Hello I need help for a macro not sure if possible I want a macro castsequance that woud cast shadow mend at mouseover>target>self then cast smite on mouseover>focus>closest player>closest enemy . Also shadow mend on mouseover and smite on focus woud work too . Is it possible ?Tinyfin2 13h
20h I need macro for changing resolution ;/ Hello, I have problem here When i set resolution (low end pc ;p ) to 1280x960 and tab out the game and go back, the bottom of game looks now like my home screen. I need macro for changing resolution back (like reloading or something) to 1280x960 when it happens Thank you!Pøparzøny1 20h
23h View item saved in an equipment set? I logged on to one of my older characters today, and I was looking through some of my old equipment sets on there that I saved using the official Equipment Manager. I've got a few different sets, but I noticed that some of them say that pieces are missing. Chances are, I sold these items a while back. Is there a way I can find out what these missing items are, exactly? Or find out what items make up these sets generally? I've checked google and I found nothing. I hope I'm just missing something really obvious!Rioh8 23h
1d Move ui Hey how can i move the UI thing in the middle under my char showing health and such?Demontiip0 1d
1d A way to convert 1000k to 1m (TargetFrame) Is there an addon to convert, example, 1100k to 1.1m in the target and player frame? I find it so annoying with all these numbers!Teyfeather2 1d
1d Need elvUI assistance So I've had elvUI for a while now and this has been a problem ever since I first installed the addon, up until now I could tolerate it but since I have just revamped my UI I would like to get rid of this problem as it is very confusing and distracting. As you can see in the Imgur link I have left below there is a huge aura/buff timer (No idea what it's called) next to my unit frames and party frames.The buff on my player frame gets in the way of my raid frames and the party frames are showing the wrong buff on the wrong person - such as incarnation on a Death Knight. I've tried to turn this is off in the aura settings and never found a solution. I hope someone has either had this problem them selves or knows how to solve the issue. P.S: I have circles the problem I am speaking of. Link: Thank you Devinoire BenDevinoire3 1d
1d Nameplate visibility Hi! I have not found where to post suggestion, so I am trying here. The new namplate visibility is quite annoying, we can see throuh objects in PVE instances as well. Especially see a group of trash coming for us, just foind out later, they are below the floor. Other example when walking on the deck of a ship and we are seeing mobs that are below the deck. My suggestions would be to have an Interface settings for them: Nameplate visibilty for LOS mobs: - Always show (this is how it is working now) - Never show (means we will not see napmeplates if mobs are LOS, such as arond the corner or below our floor) - Only in PVP (This will set to show when player in PVP area like BG, Arena; and will be off when doing PVE like instances, raids, or simple questing. Or if this is not possible (at least for a while), what would be the console settings for them? Anouther question about nameplates, how can we set them not to cover each other, even if set the overflap off. With around 8 mobs, some nameplates not seeing fully. Thank you in advance, KoborKobor9 1d
1d Blizzard raid frame range indicator I have reported this bug multiple times, I know other people have done it too. I tweeted about it, but no1 answered so far. 1st what is the range indicator for out-of-range? It certainly IS NOT heal/flash heal/prayer of mending, since I see people on my range but I cannot cast on them. Could this issue be fixed and dealt with ASAP? Due this issue/bug w/e it is I was forced to use raidframe addons which come with a lot of bugs and setups which I really dont like. Default raidframes are amazing, and I love 'em but please fix this, it is frustrating to heal Mythic progress with a bug like this, its absolutely horrible.Aspartaami0 1d
1d Casting ground targeted spells at mouse cursor Hello. I was wondering if it's possible to have a macro to cast ground targeted spells like blizzard / raid of fire / etc etc, without having to go through the green target mark thing, and make the spell cast automatically at my mouse cursor thanks in advance :)Maydawn3 1d
2d Show Numbers On The Rep/Ap Bar All The Time Is There A Way To Show Numbers On The Rep/Ap Bar All The Time And Not Just On Mouse Over?Shané2 2d
2d pN=UnitFullName("pet"); if pN= Conditional not working UnitFullName("pet") allows me to use the pets name for text uses but why can't I use it in a conditional test? /run pN=UnitFullName("pet") /run print(pN) --- "this works upto here" /run if pN=="Kipper" then print("s1") /run if pN=="ElCapitan" then print("s2") /run if pN=="ShadowClaw" then print("s3") /run if pN=="DeathRavvie" then print("s4") Why doesn't this work?Sharpy0 2d
2d 2 different UI set ups for same spec possible? Hi! I'm looking at trying to have to different UI set ups for the same spec (holy dps & holy healing) to make use of my most common used keybinds. I can see it being possible (using bartender 4) for different specialisations, but struggling to see if I can do it for the same spec - anyone know if it's possible?Lahni1 2d
2d Blizzard default raid frames, increase buff count Many druids have complained about this in the past, why is the buffs displayed limited to 3? Is there any way to increase the number of displayed buffs? I have tried different addons and none worked Tried grid and healbot, they do work but the interface is hideous, I don't like it and would very much prefer to stay with the default raid frames.Milkd1 2d
2d Cursor Size & Visibility Monitor's size and resolution increased tremendously compared the days WoW Vanilla launched. It's getting harder and harder to see the cursor in-game as the resolution of monitors keep increasing. Wouldn't it be nice If we had an option to increase cursor size or the ability to highlight mouse cursor in-game without the need of add-ons? I hear a lot of people are losing cursor in-game much more frequently nowadays. Even thought I am not a clicker, I still use the mouse at some point. So, fellow WoW player's, what do you think about this? Would it be nice if Blizzard adds an option to resize or highlight the cursor (like adding a glow on it)? It should not be that hard to do it I believe.Adrenna16 2d
2d Cursor scale in 4k Hi, is it possible you will let us re scale the cursor sometime in the near future? I have just come back from a long break from wow and during this time I have upgraded to a 4K monitor but the only problem with wow is that there is no way (afaik) to re scale the cursor which ends up lost somewhere on the screen during combat as it doesn't scale and is about 14px by 14px.Zerxor6 2d
3d VuhDo. Make different panel sizes on my profiles. So I'm trying to make one profile for 5man and one profile for raiding, the raiding profile I'm happy with, but the 5man, whenever I change the panel sizes it carries over to my raid frame setup. I save the different panel sizes on different profiles and click of the appropriate boxes for what kind of group size this profile should load for, but when I switch over from one profile to the other, the panel sizes remain the same. Leaving me in a situation where my 5man frames are really small for how many people are in my group, or my raid frames going off screen because they're too big. Can someone help me fix this so I can have my dungeon panels be bigger than my raid panels?Fídge0 3d
3d CurrencyInfo for Seal of Broken Isles Hellooo! I'm working on making a weakaura that displays if I havn't purchased my weekly Seals and figured I'd do it using the GetCurrencyInfo() function for determining how many I've already earned this week. However for both the earnedThisWeek and weeklyMax (in accordance to the API on wowprogramming or wowpedia), I get 0 in return. Does anybody know if I'm accessing the wrong thing or if it's just simply not being updated by the game? I'm accessing it the following way: (and showing some icons) function() local icon = "|TInterface\\Icons\\inv_misc_elvencoins:0|t" local icon2 = "|TInterface\\Icons\\inv_misc_coin_13:0|t" local name, amount, texturePath, earnedThisWeek, weeklyMax, totalMax, isDiscovered, quality=GetCurrencyInfo(1273) local val = amount local earned = 3-earnedThisWeek local string = "" while val > 0 do string = string .. string.format("%s",icon) val = val-1 end while earned > 0 do string = string .. string.format("%s",icon2) earned = earned-1 end string = string .. string.format("|n%i %i %i",amount, earnedThisWeek, weeklyMax) return string end Does anybody have an idea if I'm doing it wrong or if it's simply not possible? And sorry for the messy code, I'm still VERY new to Lua coding. :D -- FabseAw1 3d
3d ElvUI PlayerFrame HELP Hi guys, I want to know as a ROGUE how I can separate COMBO POINT and ENERGY BAR from the HEALTH BAR. Here I have an Example of what I whant to reach: (if u know how to set power aura like that is welcome too :D )Nemuke1 3d
3d ELVUI Range of Range Check Is there any way to modify the range of range check? (e.g. make it shorter or longer so that target or party members show as out of range (faded) on shorter/longer distances).Bronemos0 3d
3d Mouseover macros have never worked for me Hi I am trying to get mouseover macros to work before I give up entirely on the idea. I am trying to get the following to work: #showtooltip Shadow Word: Pain /cast [@mouseover] Shadow Word: Pain It doesn't.... it just says I have no target?? As far as I am aware this is correct... but mouseover's have never worked for me? is there an option in game that might be turned off??Saintryan8 3d
3d Pet nameplates still showing even when toggled off Hi, I would like to point something out that is really annoying with the new nameplate system. When I play for example a bg, I want it only showing the nameplate of the enemy player and never no pets, etc, just like it always worked before with the old nameplate styles. But with the new ones it still shows a red bar above an enemy player's PET if I target their master regardless if the option is toggled off. (Example: I see a hunter and his nameplate only, not his pet's, I tab target the hunter and suddenly a red life bar is showing on the hunter pet to) This goes for hunter pets, mage's mirror images, warlock demons etc. It is really really annoying, especially when I have toggled all enemy pet name plates OFF in the options menu. It should not pop up when I target their master. Is this a bug or working as intended? If so, please adjust. Before the patch "no nameplates for pets" ment "no nameplates for pets" ever. Thank youCafeknockout10 3d
3d unterbrechen mit WA anzeigen Hi, mir ist mein WOW abgestürzt und auch alle WeackAura Strings. Am meisten fehlt mir folgender String 1. immer wenn die Möglichkeit zum Unterbrechen aktiv wurde hatte ich eine Zauberleiste die mir das unterbrechen angezeigt hat, könnt ihr mir da weiterhelfen. 2- Gibt es eine Möglichkeit alte Forumbeiträge von mir nach zu lesen? Danke VerstehnixVerstehnix1 3d
3d Script for raid warning I have this script that displays msg in chat frame /script x=GetUnitSpeed("player") DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("Speed: %d yds/sec, %.1f kph, %.1f mph, %d%% normal run speed",x,x*3600/1093.6133,x*45/22,x/7*100)) How can i convert it so it displays in a raid warning style visible only for me?Mhyrre0 3d
4d Adding another option to an existing contextual menu This is what I'm trying to achieve in my addon. As you can see in this image, this is what happens when you Start a Premade Group, a person applies and you right click them. This is the contextual menu I'm talking about. I want to add another option to it, before "Whisper" that calls a function which takes the players info as a parameter. I went through the Blizzard UI source code and found that the menu is called LFGListFrameDropDown this is how it's found in LFGList.xml EasyMenu(LFGListUtil_GetApplicantMemberMenu(self:GetParent().applicantID, self.memberIdx), LFGListFrameDropDown, self, 60, -5, "MENU"); and this is the signature of the EasyMenu function function EasyMenu(menuList, menuFrame, anchor, x, y, displayMode, autoHideDelay ) The "LFGListFrameDropDown" being passed to the function as a menuFrame. How am I able to achieve this in my addon ? Thank youBinarybeasty3 4d
4d Bigwigs - sound setting Hello, I need to installed bigwigs, but i hate bigwigs sounds. I wanna setup same sounds of default dbm. Alarm = Bigwigs:[DBM]Flag Taken(PVP) ? ? ? Alert = ??? Info= (DBM) Beware(Algalon) ? ? ? Long= ??? Warning= DBM Destruction(Kill'Jaeden) It havent boss mode test in addon,wtf.... I hate this addon,but this have all mythic timer(Koragh frozen orb etc)....Daisizen5 4d
4d arms Focused Rage macro Hi, As title say need help with a macro for better use of rage and less spam of same button if it's possible . New to this game and newest to this class and i bet there is another topic open here somewhere but i didn't found it. Thank you.Cibbo0 4d
4d WeakAuras2 help needed. Hello everyone. I'm playing my Outlaw rogue right now and I've got a fancy setup for my Roll the Bones where each buff is separately represented by an icon. It works flawlessly in every aspect, but I'd like to go a step further. When I get all six buffs I would like to get a separate icon for that. The issue comes from that I want to hide all of the six separate icons when I get all buffs. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Would any of you know how I can make the other icons disappear when the six buff icon coves up?Grymvild0 4d
4d Addon to sync action bar setups between chars? I got this horde druid, which is my main, but I also got an Alliance druid and would like to have identical action bar setups. You can imagine the hassle when I change things, considering druids have four specs and all that. Is there an addon that makes this easier? Ideally to automatically update chars based on a master char?Dowlphin1 4d
4d Binding mounts to keys I'm updating an old addon that deals with keybinds, it used to use SetBindingSpell to bind mounts to keys, but it doesn't seem to work any more. I'm running: SetBindingSpell('I','Albino Drake') which returns true, then SaveBindings(2) print(GetBindingAction('I')) which returns SPELL Albino Drake But pressing 'I' does nothing (other spells work fine). Is there some new function for doing this that I haven't found yet? I spotted C_MountJournal.SummonByID() which works fine, but can't see any way to pass it in a key to bind to.Kraftman1 4d