Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system ( can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
7m Frost and Unholy hidden artifact appearances So locations of hidden artifact appearances are still unknown for frost and unholy, anybody made any headway? If they were not found in beta its possible they hadn't been implemented yet or are somewhere very obscure, maybe will be found when raids eventually open, or when people manage to get their class halls up to a high level? Most of the hidden appearances seem to be in broken isles, the data-mined unholy hidden item makes references to ICC but nobody has managed to find anything there. Post your ideas or predictions on where we might find it!Alystwo65 7m
15m Bonereapers hook attempts Hey guys, After googling a bit, i am a bit dissapointed. 500 guides, but what i want to know is: how long did you farm it? I am on it since yesterday, around 12hours of PG farming and nothing, im sad and i need a light at the end of the tunnel. How long did it take you guys to get the god damn RNGorc to spawn? Sry for bad english :SIrritá14 15m
18m Dks are now the worst of the worst? I was looking at this and i dont know if it is right or not but are uh and frost dk's doing the worst dps in the entire game? I know this is only single target but still. Is blizzard going to addres this issue, or are we still going to be at the bottom?Desitra12 18m
49m Offcial DK Petition "Repost from us forum" by Blastýface Official DK Petition We've just concluded another Live Q&A with blizzard. They didn't address DK even though a large number of us were pleading with them to do so. It seems our voices won't be heard unless we all band together and ask them to address our class. Creating a petition doesn't mean they have to change anything, It's simply a way for us to come together and ask that our concerns be addressed. If you're interested in being a part of this petition, Comment below "Signed". You may also create a concise list of the problems you feel need to be addressed with the Death Knight in Legion. By signing you agree that blizzard needs to address Death Knight. Current Goal: 100 SignaturesPrebzzi354 49m
1h Really unhappy with my dps should i go frost Hello i have been playing unholy since the prepatch before that i used to play frost im pretty ok geared and unlocked every important artifact trait but im not happy with my dps at all should i go frost i have 10 artifact knowledge so it should not be hard to gather artifact powerÊldritch8 1h
2h Blood Legion Feedback Here speaking a 7/7 mythic EN & experience on +15 mythic blood DK player. I've had the worst time since WotLK as a DK tank and here is a simple breakdown of the issues, (which have been addressed many times anyway) 1. Bone Shield eaten by dots. This has already driven BDK's crazy, when dots (that deal very little dmg) in many fights are destroying your bone shield stacks and you are only begging for runes to come of CD to use that pesky Marrowrend again, leaving you no min-maxable rotation at all. 2. No big Damage reduction cooldown. This becomes a major issue on real hard hitting content. For example when I did Maw +15 with only trash buff being Fortified, big part of the trash hit for 1-1.4m, which you have no way of dealing with outside of Vampiric blood. I believe we need a big DR CD like IBF in WoD, but rune tap could also be made the right way. 3. Magic dmg. We used to be a good tank against magic damage but oh boy has things changed. Anti-Magic Shell absorbs for patheticly low amount and it has a way too long CD also. Most other tanks have now better ways dealing with magic dmg. 4. Dancing rune weapon bugging midfights in raids, dungeons etc. When it bugs, I get zero benefit from it. I have to clear cache, teleport back in/relog etc to fix it wasting time. 5. Tank dmg nerfing made our mitigation worse, because a portion of our mitigation is affected by damage dealt. Our damage is also lowish which seems unrewarding for our low mobility. Partially caused by us having to marrowrend so much (because dots are eating bone shield) 6. Mastery. It's an absolute joke and has never absorbed a full melee hit for me. The scaling on it is really bad and whenever i get mastery on my gear I feel like killing myself. 7. Necrotic (Mythic + affix). Basicly it destroys Blood DK really quickly on mythic+ trash, preventing you from healing anymore which is absolutely essential for us. It stacks so fast that we must kite often and can't do even average tank dps. 8. Tank mechanics such as Web of Pain on Elerethe (if I tanked the boss my Co tank would get absolutely hammered) and Spear of Nightmares on Cenarius are a good indicator of how weak current Blood is. We have to take 1-2 bad talents just to deal with Cenarius ability, further harming our weak toolkit. (Rune tap/Spectral Deflection) 9. Wraith Walk, absolutely garbage. Needs a glyph to work properly. Can't use important abilities while channeling (interrupt, taunt etc) 10. Most of the talents are bad and useless, and so is the Major artifact trait (Unending Thirst) over 90% of the time. 11. Artifact ability useless on single target, make it give bone shield or something.. I don't have much hope for blood DK changes in 7.1 tbh, Blizz thinks we are fine while bears and warriors are tanking 4 drakes on Cenarius and we are crying in the corner. Hope is lost?Supikka7 2h
3h Chill streak nerf? Why is this ability getting nerfed? Atm it does 7% of someone's max hp and bounces 5 times. Going up to 35% total split among two players. Now the buff you did on the ptr, looked quiet OP i can agree with that. But then nerfing it to be worse than it's current state while DK isn't even great in pvp is ridiculous. Either give us some cc or mobility/defensives in return then. And honestly that it's CD is reduced by 15seconds doesn't matter at all for pvp because you'll mostly be using it when you've lined up your enemy team by gripping/blinding/cc'ing them so they're close enough to bounce to each other instead of just hitting once and dissapearing. I would like you to take a good look at it again please. Because it's kind of ridiculous when you're nerfing an ability on a bad class while buffing the god class which is mage. This is almost same bs story as removing death's advance from UH in return to reduce wraith walk (terrible designed ability) CD by 15sec. In this case you're turning an ability which atm is fine to !@#$ just to reduce it's CD. Great thanks, I'm really dissapointed.Brianholinka4 3h
3h Rate the Death Knight transmog above you Part 8!!! Last thread has reached its limit. You know the rules, rate the Death Knight transmogrification of the poster above you :)Cultism285 3h
5h Bad the bone With the new update for rune of razorice is it still best to leave this artifact trait till the end or do we go for that now?Lucás1 5h
7h BiS trinkets on 7.1 Hey i recently saw that the price of one of the BiS trinkets for unholy death knight (Darkmoon card:Dominion)drop down a lot.I was wondering are there any new trinkets in 7.1 Karazhan and the new mini raid that could be a lot better than Dominion or is it worth getting it now?Rheaggar2 7h
7h Change "Deathlord" Title - Something Suitable? Can we change the "Deathlord" Title to something more in line with our current class state please? All suggestions welcome. Mine are: "The Noodle of Wetness" "The Unwanted" "The Snail"Nís9 7h
7h Blood Hidden Artifact Appearance (Bonejaw) I've been searching the web since beta for information about this hidden Artifact appearance. There is no information to be found anywhere. Therefore I am posting this on Wowhead, the Official WoW forums and on MMO-Champion in the hopes of starting a collaboration towards cracking this mystery. DEATH KNIGHT HIDDEN ARTIFACT APPEARANCE -------------B O N E J A W------------- Where to start? From the look and feel of the weapon it seems to be linked to the Maw of Souls instance OR to Helheim. A database search on reveals that there are a number of Undead NPC's in the game that might be relevant - mainly these: - Night Watch Mariner (111 Elite) - Shackled Servitor (111) - Skjal <Captain of the Damned> (111 Elite) Those are all found in the Maw of Souls, and they are hostile to both Alliance and Horde. The name of the Artifact itself - Maw of the Damned might be relevant to this, but I don't really know. I need to try using Control Undead on some targets during boss fights to see if that does anything at all. If any of you have any information or stuff we might try - please comment on this thread. EDIT: None of the NPC's mentioned could be controlled using "Control Undead". Tested on Mythic difficulty.Valfader9 7h
9h Unholy DKs? Hi, I'm going through an alt phase while I decide on a main again and levelling characters to 110. What are Unholy DKs like in PvE and PvP?Jaster2 9h
9h Obliterate Scaling - Eli5 Hello everyone, so I'm an avid frost fan and while the buffs from the PTR don't seem to be quite enough I'm happy to see them. So one of the problems, as I understand, is our bad scaling, especially in obliterate and from what I read so far "no amount of buffing the numbers will fix that". Shouldn't just buffing the App scaling eventually bring this ability to the right level? Even if it doesn't have any special scaling with crit or haste and it doesn't scale with mastery, shouldn't there be a point where the amount of damage from the extra AP gained from increased ilvl makes up for the lack of special scaling with the secondaries which come with said ilvl increase?Ghadgar9 9h
9h So what is the Prio List for UHDK Abilities? Hey fellow DKS, so as we all know UH DKs have a "little" problem with recoucemanagement, which means esp during BL and/or soulreaper phases we are basically capping out on both of these constantly (esp with my soon 2 have 3. golden trait). now i dropped my second legendary yesterday (yay...) which happened 2 be the ring (chance that my pets autos fully restore a rune) and along with my belt (chance 2 fully restore a rune with festering strike) i am basically always overflown by recources. so now my question and im pretty sure the answere was already theorycrafted a low, what rota do i use during those phases where i just overcap on all my recources, do i use the "ideal" rota, build up to 8 wounds using 2-3 FS, then dump runic power until i hopefully get a scourge of wolds procc and pop as many wound during this time window and restart the rota? are deathcoils maybe even 2 weak at all? i hope anyone knows a good answere to this question, id really appreciate ur effort, thanks in advance alreadyTiriha1 9h
10h Why is everyone so negative about Death Knights? I don't quite understand why this entire forum is filled with so much hate towards the class. What's wrong with it? It seems to me that half the people hate the class because it "sucks" and the other half hate the class because it's "boring". I don't really see why either of these arguments is floating around. First of all, if something is "boring" and there's no way to change it to be less boring, why complain? Either try make it fun in other ways for yourself or swap classes. The class isn't going to become "fun" for you for a while if it's a mechanical question since that only ever happens with expansion releases. And then, how exactly does Death Knight "suck" ? How is it bad? What makes it weak? Because honestly, I don't see it. Is Death Knight the #1 raid DPS? Perhaps not, but that doesn't make the class suck. There can only ever be one #1 class and if yours isn't it then it just means you're some other number. There's always going to be that half of the classes that are below the 50% mark of PvE DPS. Is Death Knight the #1 Arena class? Perhaps not, but that doesn't make the class suck either. For the same reasons as above. And Death Knight can still do well in the hands of a good player, right? Is Death Knight the #1 Battleground class? Perhaps not, but honestly it isn't very far either. My fiancée plays Death Knight and the two of us play extremely casually and neither of us is a high rated player or anything of the sort, but when it comes to Battlegrounds it just seems to me that a Death Knight, or specifically an Unholy Death Knight is going to pull it's weight and then some with very little effort. Between spreading the disease, spamming Epidemic, bursting people down with Soul Reaper + Apocalypse and having solid defensive cooldowns + self healing, I see no reason why anyone would complain about Unholy at all. On top of that, having looked around trying to see what others think about Death Knight, I've seen plenty of success stories in the mix as well. Yet still this place seems to be awfully filled with just negative and whiny topics about how Death Knights are horrible. So what gives? Why do all of you seem to think your class is so horrible? I can understand pointing out there are weaknessess in the class such as mobility and I can understand pointing out that the class damage is behind some others, but what I don't understand is why there's so many posts about Death Knights being horrible and unplayable. I've more or less given up on trying to find a constructive and informative post here about Death Knights. I came here to learn more of the class but all I see is people complaining about how Death Knight is beyond repair.Grymvild19 10h
11h Legendary wrists experience So, yesterday we did a heroic run but I was focused more on our mythic. My first mythic Nythendra kill and here is the result : Take in account that I`ve just stayed out of trouble and didn`t dps at all during the phase when the bugs are spawning and all the green stuff is moving towards the boss. To conclude, bracers are really OP and makes frost dk quite viable, my best heroic results were around 250k dps compared to this mythic one. Now with quite decent dps, especially on single target, I don`t feel that useless anymore (at least we have death grip and battle res as raid utilities). Hopefully you all frost dks get this item as soon as possible CheersRagaash5 11h
12h Some feedback for Frost DK (not about class ballancing) Hi, I got few complaints I'd like to mention for Frost: Crystalline Swords - The ability seems very underwhelming comparing to another artifacts. Not just it's very invisible, but the effect is kinda sad too. For the most of the times swords just seem to by (annoyingly) flying next to you, and attack animation is very hard to notice. From dmg perspective too Hidden appearance - all other classes have already discovered theirs, which suggest something is wrong. I'd suggest either it's hidden too well, or it has some prerequisite which is so underperforming that people actually don't use it. So this could either use some ingame hint, or some change in the logic Breath of Sindragosa - this one is awesome, but cooldown is too big. I'm not trying to complain because I'd like to have dmg boost, but given it's only artifact active ability, it's kinda too boring to wait 5 minutes for that one "flyby" not to mention a bit wrong usage (or wrongly placed terrain obstacle) could waste the spell for which we were waiting 5 minutes I intentionaly didn't want to talk about the class balance, because I don't have enough background for this, and I can see it's being worked on quite often, so I rather took this from more like class feeling perspective. I hope someone is reading the forums and it will be any use for changes in the future.Trawn6 12h
13h Blizzcon FAQ coming, Death knights mobilise! Title says all, lets ask them questions, they cannot ignore us all the time. Our DPS specs got slightly buffed, but blood is still lackluster and all specs have huge mechanical issues. Ask them on Twitter, forums or even Twitch when it goes live, please! edited the part with our DPS specs being buffed.Koltir2 13h
14h Frost Hidden Artifact Question Do we know for sure that it's in the game right now? I mean like, right now? I know it has been said that It exists within this patch, but what I'm worried about is that it literally means - yeah, it's in the game - but we still have to wait a few weeks/months until the particular World Quest which involves it rolls around. I want to know - are we able to claim it at all at this moment?Sarethen4 14h
21h How do I tank as a DK? Hello, im having big problems with DK tanking. Ive read a guide and was playing it for a few days now. I simply eat way too much dmg. And the joke of selfheal Deathstrike is giving me isnt helping at all. My DH has around the same selfheal, if not even more, while maintaining better CDs and active mitigation. My prot warrior is simply smashing shieldblock+ignore pain. I dont know what to do as DK. Every target got the disease, im spending my runes and when i get dmg, im using deathstrike. Ive heard from so many guys that DK is in a great state atm, so it must be my fault somehwere. Im 840 and have big problems tanking mythics. Not because i ignore mechanics or stuff, i simply eat way too much dmg. Any help is appreciatedSangisqt26 21h
21h DK buffs on PTR I was hoping for some changes to our kit, but I'm gratefull for all the help we can get:) Frost Howling Blast Blast the target with a frigid wind, dealing [ 55% [ 82.5% of AP ] Frost damage to that foe, and [ 46.8% [ 70.1% of AP ] Frost damage to all other enemies within 10 yards, infecting all targets with Frost Fever. Frost Fever A disease that deals [ 440% of AP ] Frost damage over 24 sec and has a chance to grant the Death Knight 5 Runic Power each time it deals damage. Death Knight - Frost Spec. 1 Runes. 30 yd range. Instant. Obliterate A brutal attack with both weapons that deals a total of (760% 912% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Death Knight - Frost Spec. 2 Runes. Melee range. Instant. Unholy Death Coil (Unholy) Fires a blast of unholy energy at the target, causing [ 85% [ 127.5% of AP ] Shadow damage to an enemy and restoring 10 Energy to your ghoul.Dednite59 21h
21h Bloodworms. They should be guaranteed to proc on a melee critical strike, since then its already behind the RNG of getting a critical strike. Healing 5% of your missing health on a RNG on RNG procc is not a reliable source of survivability, and is really bad for tanking. Doing this would fix the problem with the talent and make it instantly much better.Borgúr5 21h
21h I got the legendary unholy wrist It is pretty strong but im just wondering if i should change my talents in order to make it even stronger Right now i have the basic unholy talent tree Also, what will my stat piriority be now? Recently i have been focusing on crit; do i change back to haste? I would really appreciate any help Edit : the wrist name is "the intructor's fourth lesson" Thank uUnholyknight26 21h
22h Icy Talons I realise this is only a tier 1 talent, but it could do with the timer increasing. On fights where there is a fair amount of movement, this talent experiences issues. Can we have it so one stack lasts for 6 seconds, 2 stacks lasts for 8 seconds and 3 stacks lasts for 10 seconds.Deficente6 22h
1d FROST HIDDEN ARTIFACT APPEARNCE Can we all just make a thread and start searching in hopes of finding it?Dkbloodshed76 1d
1d Deathlord Ressurections: Why not more? I think that class quest were awesome but we could use more champions... or just lore-servants that are not usable in game and just hang around in class hall. Who I would love to ressurect? : - Anub'Arak: he is like old friend... playing him in WC3... killing him in WoW - Varian Vrynn: he could be awesome Death Knight - Antonidas: his body is somewhere and soul was released after ICC dont it ? :) - Medivh: If he is dead... lets ressurect him - Anduin Lothar: There is his grave somewhere... nice addition after movie - Cairne Bloodhoof: Show Taurens some love - Garrosh Hellscream: He is where we left him in Draenor... right ? - Ner'Zhul (Draenor): He have died in dungeon... outrageous... lets res him - Arthas Menethil: Can... We... Do... That ? - Teron Gorefiend: "Real" one or maybe this from Draenor.... More...More...More...Jesi3 1d
1d Frost dk have we had our buff yet SO....... a little while back (the 27th sep I think) I read some where that frost Dk's were getting some buffs during the realm restarts. Remorseless Winter damage increased by 50%. Obliterate damage increased by 19%. Frost Strike damage increased by 12%. Howling Blast damage increased by 10%. Frostscythe (Talent) damage increased by 13%. Frozen Pulse (Talent) damage increased by 11%. Breath of Sindragosa (Talent) damage increased by 17%. Did we actually get them...... And if we did why is the dps still so low. I've compared my frost spec with my current unholy spec and the dps difference is quite a lot. I want to go back to frost but I find it so much easier to be accepted in to groups as an unholy because of the better dps.Dragonsworn19 1d
1d Sindragosa's Fury Pvp Nerf is unfair While things like Holy Wrath or whatever skill paladin uses deals 900k hitting 250k with 5 min cd is pretty lame. For anyone wondering it deals %40 of normal damage in pvpFallén10 1d
1d Apocalypse = Hidden satyr I was just cheking my dps from my last raids and i find out that Apocalypse FLAT DMG ( i dont mean dmg which proc from festering wounds ) just FLAT dmg which this ability do is same as dmg from enchant hidden satyr LOL. Just try to look at your dps after raid fight on boss (i suggest ursoc or other single target boss) and you could see that dmg which is done by ARTIFACT ability is same as your enchant on neck WTF HAHA. Again... I am talking about FLAT dmg of ability without using it on festering wound. this is my log on Nythendra : its even lower then proc from food buffVrek5 1d
1d If you want more buffs/changes to DK 7.1 Hi Made a post on the PTR forum. Could you please assist me with feedback? I have probably forgotten allot that needs fixing, and instead of posting here like usually i hope we could change forums to something they hopefully read. DIdnt see many dk posts there. Feel free to fill in more information.él4 1d
1d My class is OP Can you please nerf us ? Thank youNescafè7 1d
1d Spec switching and art'power necessity question From level 60 to 100 I played Blood DK, but when I've gotten to Broken Isles I encountered with a problem, which is grinding efficiency - it takes really loooooong time to kill npcs. Isn't it because I left Draenor with an ilvl 580? Anyway I was thinking about switching to frost (and use both specs (separately of course) in the end game for alot of purposes). I can (somehow) get along with farming relics, but: 1) how much do I really need artifact power and traits 2) how much do they affect PvE and instance gameplays and most important: 3) Do ap/traits affect weapon's ilvl?Orkmrtvrtr1 1d
1d Artifact relics Hello fellow Arthas role players. Im just wondering if relic drops are working as intended because I keep getting frost relic drops from raids/dungeons/world quests all the time even though I can only use blood/shadow/iron. Is it a bug or do you guys also get a ton of un-usable relics for your weapon?Krymming4 1d
1d Hypothermia, possible fix Great, i wrote a freaking Thread which somehow disappeared as i wanted to post it and am to lazy to redo it, so here the few most important things. Can we please change: Hypothermia from the pathetic extra DoT damage it is to: Obliterate causes targets affected by Frost Fever to suffer Hypothermia, dealing (crit chance)% of Obliterates Damage as Frost Damage over 4 seconds. Reapplying Hypothermia causes remaining damage to be added into the new DoT, just as Ignite. Hypothermia itself cannot crit, while the DoT will obviously deal increased damage from Obliterate Crits. Sindragosas Fury reduce Cooldown from 5 minutes to 3 minutes. Damage from 2000% AP instant to 1500% AP instant damage and the frost field dealing 300% AP damage each second over its duration. I know this sounds a lot, but even flasked up, with pillar, frozen core trait and 870 gear (no legendary bracers) a noncrit would end up with 10.5k dps over the duration of it´s cooldown. Ice in your Veins from 100%/200%/300% additional Death Strike healing while IBF is up, to 33%/66%/100% additional Death Strike healing during IBF and reduce IBF cd by 20/40/60 seconds. Wraith Walk change the baseline animation to the one we get from the Glyph of the Wraith Walker so we don´t get stuck anymore on every pebble in the entire World of Warcraft. Add the old "Death's Advance" 15% increased Movespeed and can't be reduced below 70% Movespeed to it.Seretin7 1d
2d pvp dk are good in pvp arena, bgs and what is the best spec for it?Sleeprest6 2d
2d Somehow Constructive Blood Feedback Hello, Id like to start by saying that Im really bad at composing a long line of text, so im gonna try to keep it as constructive as possible, Ive been playing Blood DK for the past 4+ years, never have I even though about switching class, because they day I stop playing DK is the day I stop playing wow, I always had all classes which have tank spec on max level, so I could compare blood to them, I never felt so weak like I am right now, bellow I will try to say why and what I would like to change, keep in mind that Im no mathematical genius and this is just opinion of then hc, now semi hc raider and someone, who is really passionate about DKs. -Out mastery is lackluster, every expansion we were either set on big selfheals, or big absorb shields, in Legion it feels like they tried to get a bit of both and it ended as both being bad -Consumption is the most underwhelming Artifact ability all tanks currently have, in most raiding scenarios it heals less then death strike and the best way of handling it is just to use it on cooldown for the dps, absolutely needs rework -Bone shield looks like a good idea on paper untill you get into bossfights like Cenarius, where keeping your boneshields up and also actually generating runic power for self heals seems nearly impossible and I end up shouting for specific externals nearly every moment my vamp blood or DRW is off cooldown -Out talent choice is extremely limited, for a raid or dungeon environment, only possible switches for talents you could make is Bonestorm/Purgatory and Possibly Rune Tap/Foul Bulwark -Our cooldown choice is underwhelming, remember back in the days where the good DK was the one who knew which cooldown to press when ? Now we dont have any choice at all. Some bosses cant even be parried and overall DRW is just RNG based parry chance, Vampiric Blood is good and so is AMS, but is that enough ? Why isnt Rune Tap baseline ? -In higher end mythic dungeons, for example Smashspite on mythic 10+ just oneshots us, there is no way to actually mitigate damage, even with properly rotating cooldown, this design choice feels unfaif and we shouldnt be punished for picking a specific spec. -The nerf of Gorefiends Grasp hurt us badly and wasnt necessary. -Wraith walk is just bad and everyone who I ever asked would preffer to have the passive movement speed from Deaths Advance back + the ability itself is incredibly clunky without the glyph. Possible solutions -Buff our mastery by a big chunk -Make Rune Tap baseline -Give DRW a mitigation effect -Give us more passive movement speed, all we do is walk, we should atleast be good at it -Mix up the talent choices so we choose them by utility, not perfomance -Put the person who came with Wraith walk into a rocket and shoot him to Mars Also I love what you did to Unholy and Frost, Unholy is by far the most fun Ive had in ages when it comes to dps, but both of the specs scale so incredibly poorly and Death coil is underwhelming, what about giving it a stacking speed buff or something so its fun to press and make Dark Transformation off of GCD :) Make DKs great again !Biobull8 2d
2d How much can I trade crit for haste? I put emphasis on crit over haste and now I have 38% crit 13% haste and 40% mastery.Ashenbreath2 2d
2d Is Frost really supposed to have this little buttons? Hello, I find the spec very fun to play. Just wondering if it's normal to have such small amount of buttons to press? I basically have 4 buttons here. The spec almost always has something to do and it's fun with nice animations and all, but it almost seems wrong because unholy and blood have a lot of abilities. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, lol. My talent build is 2111221. It's only an experiment, I've only played the spec for an hour or so. Could grab Glacial Advance once I the spec is more fluid to me etc but what are your thoughts on this, and the spec in general?Tzaeroth5 2d
2d Frost dk artifact ability...WTF?!! How doe you guys feel about the frost dk artifact ability? I have the feeling it does not even deal damage? So i am in combat, i get those gay little sword flying next to me and thats it! I see NO implaling or do they hit anyone....They just float there!Scourgefury14 2d
2d Should I reroll? So over the last couple of days I have been reading a lot about the problem with scaling for death knights, and a lot of sims are saying that both unholy and frost aren't doing very well, and since we don't know yet if blizzard are going to fix that problem, I am thinking about rerolling. I just cleared heroic EN and am about to step into mythic. This expansion is the first one where I have mained a DK, so therefore I don't know if there have been the same problems before and they have been fixed or if this is a problem that has been around for years. This has nothing to do with me thinking I don't do enough dps and that I'm falling behind anyone else. I was just wondering if I should reroll before it's too late.Cartmanbra10 2d
2d low dmg in pvp Hi. Can ya please check my talent build and give med feedback how to increase my dmg in pvp. i am a bit low atm:( rotation etc...Dextor4 2d
2d Unholy DK - give me some advice plx Hi, I have a Unholy DK with 854ilvl and i have sth around 170k dps at single target in raids(with strength flask). I think it's a bit too low and i don't know why :c From what i've read, my rotation is good. I have 42% mastery and 14% haste so it's a bit too much mastery but is that the reason? My rotation: Outbreak, Army, Dark Transformation, Gargoyle, Festering Strikes till 7 or 8 stacks, Soul Reaper, Apocalypse and then i'm just spamming with Festering Strikes and pop the wounds if the target has more than 3. Any help will be great. Talents: All Will Serve, Pestilent Pustules, Castigator, Sludge Belcher, Corpse Shield, Shadow Infusion, Soul ReaperSvaggier8 2d
2d Make UH DK great again! Buff All will serve a bit more (dmg and greatly the hp) cuz i hate bursting cuz claeve dmg in pvp is just... dont do it for the sake of cc pls make deathcoil great again and less spamming like this now give me more feeling to be a undead army leader (miss it since dk is released) i dont want to be a undead pet zoo where the pets do all the dmg... just give more pets disease.. i need more plague and suffering get the damn rng crap away from UH. only sudden doom and IC should be rng nothing more. let the player controll the class not the system ah and give 8 wound burst back for apocalypse in pvp and make it shadow/plague damage instead of physical thats all greetings from a great arthas wc3 fanboy (greater then you)Aríon4 2d
2d Necrotic Strike Tier 5 Hey everyone. I was reading thru PTR changes on mmo-champion and 1 little thing caught my attention: Necrotic Strike A vicious strike that deals (100% of weapon damage) Plague damage, and converts 1 Festering Wounds into a Necrotic Wound, absorbing the next [ 600% of AP ] healing received by the target. Honor Unholy DeathKnight - Tier 5 PvP Talent. 1 Runes. Melee range. Instant. It's currently Tier 6 talent. I didnt find any specific information regarding this issue. It is a typo or have I missed something? Do they plan to move NS to tier 5?Амерсх3 2d
3d Blood for Blood is killing me Please let us disable or spec out of Blood for Blood without having to reach higher honor level because right now I'd rather have no talent then that talent. With the talent I take about 300k damage to deal an extra 30k damage to the enemy, which means I almost can't use it in PvP.Zargosh7 3d
3d Blood mirror & Cenarius Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows whether Blood Mirror mitigates the Spear of Nightmares on Cenarius?Aeronwen3 3d