Death Knight

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17 Sep [Guide]Death Knight 101 (Updated for 7.03) This if for all the really new Death Knights; my guide on the class overall. In this guide I'll be covering our resource system, what abilities you have, how they work and what they do. I'll also throw in some suggestions on gameplay that should make things somewhat easier for you. It's worth nothing that Death Knights, at lower levels, are ridiculously powerful which is a state of affairs I found to be really dull when leveling my latest Death Knight; it's not much fun when you're immortal and killing things with 2-3 attacks, but anyway, here goes. First thing's first; Resources -We have two different resources; Runes and Runic Power. We have a total of 6 runes which can be used for any attack that costs Runes; Obliterate, Howling Blast, Festering Strike, Marrowrend etc. -Runic Power is generated from used runes and the amount of runic power generated is based on the rune cost abilities, for example, Howling Blast cost 1 rune, and therefore will generate only 10 runic power, Marrowrend costs 2 runes and will generate 20 runic power. Pretty straight forward on paper. Now we get to how they interact with each other. Runes begin a regeneration cycle of no more than 10 seconds when used; Haste will decrease this time but not by much. If all 6 runes are used in succession, the first 3 runes to be used will begin their recharge, while the remaining 3 will not. The second set of 3 runes will begin their recharge only when the first set is completely recharged. There are certain talents and built in passive abilities to speed this process up; these talents and abilities differ from spec to spec. Blood - Soulgorge; consumes Blood Plague from everything in 30 yards to increase rune recharge. -Blood Tap; restores 1 rune per use, limited to 2 charges. Unlike Frost or Unholy, there is no passive ability that will assist the rune recharge time. Frost - Runic Empowerment; passive, has 1% chance per runic power spent to activate on Frost Strike. After some time testing, I've found it's about 50% chance (5 in 10 Frost Strikes). -Murderous Efficiency; using the Killing Machine effect has a 50% chance to to restore 1 rune. -Horn of Winter; restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power. -Hungering Rune Weapon; Horn of Winter restores 2 runes and generates 10 runic power while Hungering Rune Weapon restores 1 rune and 5 runic power instantly and then restores runes and runic power every 1.5 seconds for 12 seconds. Unholy - Runic Corruption, passive, has 1.25% chance per runic power spent to activate, granting 100% rune regeneration for a short time. Requires Death Coil. After testing I've found that this works out that +/- 1 in 3 Death Coils will activate Runic Corruption. Abilities - How They Work Each ability a Death Knight has has a rune or runic power cost. The following are abilities that cost only 1 rune and will generate 10 runic power per use. -Blood Spec:Heart Strike, Death's Caress, Rune Tap, Death and Decay (if talented) Note: Heart Strike generates 15 runic power. -Frost Runes; Howling Blast, Frostscythe (if specced),Remorseless Winter, -Unholy Runes; Scourge Strike (Clawing Shadows, talent), Death and Decay, Epidemic (talent), Outbreak, Chains of Ice, Defile(talent) The following cost two runes and will generate 20 runic power when used. -Blood Spec: Marrowrend -Frost Spec: Obliterate -Unholy: Festering Strike Unholy retains Army of the Dead at a cost of 3 runes which generates 30 runic power. Runic Power - will activate Runic Empowerment or Runic Corruption via the use of Frost Strike or Death Coil respectively. -Death Coil; usable Unholy spec. It's a ranged attack with 30 yard range and costs 35 runic power. This will also restore 10 energy to your ghoul per Death Coil fired. -Frost Strike; exclusive to Frost spec, single target melee attack. Death Coil and Frost Strike are often best used when you're at, or approaching, 100 runic power, but are ideally used when spaced out across your "rotation" which brings me neatly to the next part of the guide. Abilities - What to use and When This will require in-depth guides of their own but there are certain universal abilities you can make use of. -Anti-Magic Shell - use to soak high incoming magic damage; it generates runic power. -Icebound Fortitude - use when you're taking high damage or are about to, or to break and become immune to stuns. -Death Grip - when you need to close the distance to your target or interrupt a crucial cast. The adds on Kilrogg Deadeye is a good example of the uses of Death Grip -Wraith Walk - useful for closing distances and clearing root or slow effects. I'll be preparing basic guides for Blood, Frost and Unholy specs, but those aren't coming before Legion release. For now, as I said, this was meant to cover the very basics of the class for people who haven't played Death Knight before.Hakuteiken34 17 Sep
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
1h Blood dk Versatility and Mastery So which one is better for a Blood DK, is versatility better for our survival compared to mastery, because it looks like we need a lot of versatility to be efective can anyone giving some insight in this please, thanks.Hugedeal19 1h
1h Kinda tired of being the designated victim I play as horde on a server full of alliance so conflict is sometimes unavoidable. I also play with two friends, whose classes happen to have cheat death mechanics. The fact that I'm the only one that doesn't have a panic button starts to take the fun right out of casually playing some open world WoW (world quests). Every single time we get into fights I get focused down and die. Even a full health heal (Death Strike with veins full of ice at the right time) can only keep me alive for one more second, if I'm not ping-ponged, feared, rooted, slowed... What's the point of the 3 min CD on a 20% damage reduction? Either cut the 20% and make it a 1 min CD stun resist or leave the CD and pump the damage reduction to 40~50%.Hehr3 1h
1h Rate the Death Knight transmog above you part 9 Last thread has reached its limit. You know the rules.Plaguelich17 1h
2h How to improve as a Frost/Blood DK in PVP? Hello there, guys. I started playing WoW during Warlords of Draenor expansion. But because of computer issues, I didn't even get to the max level. So Legion is practically my first expansion. So I've been playing for a while now and I've quite enjoyed it. I do World Quests, LFRs, missions, trying to afford another month of game time with gold. But there's one thing that destroys any fun I have and make me sick of playing DK. I play on PVP realm and as you can guess, I die a lot. I know some of you are going to say: "It was your choice, so now face the music." But my problem isn't about being attacked by other players. My problem is that I never emerge from the fight victorious. Like, not even once. So I wish to change that.Cardias2 2h
13h big dargon hitbox So, the hitbox on "Sindragosa's fury" is complete !@#$. If youre too close, you wont hit anything even at melee range, if you swing around and use it, it wont even do dmg, just the spell effect n all that. What even is this? Should we backpeddal a few feet THEN cast it? Horrible Also not to mention FIVE minute cd.Exemplis0 13h
13h Unholy or frost I've been Asked a number of times why I play unholy and not frost. I'm now wondering is it really worth changing spec. I do like unholy but I must say the randomness of unholy can be a bit annoying at times as my single target damage can vary from 300> to below 200. One of the main reasons I am hesitant about switching is the artifacts, I've already put a good bit of time into apocalypse and I don't want to spend ages grinding more ap for another weapon, plus don't like the idea of duel wielding. So should I switch or wait it out and see what happens.Larts9 13h
14h Ghoul Claw to now deal shadow damage. Hidden amongst the patch notes for 7.1.5 as of this morning we will have our pets claw ability deal shadow damage as of 7.1.5. Blizzard are listening! Now we just need RNG lowered and Numbers tuned (upwards) and DA back!Nís10 14h
15h Acherus Drapes too weak. Since Blizzard has been balancing legendaries on PTR I'd like to say that Acherus Drapes needs a buff. This legendary cloak does not feel legendary at all. Even for a utility legendary its effect is underwhelming. I understand that by design utility legendaries are situational in a way that you might only want to use them for certain encounters. However this legendary TOO situational since you can only benefit from its effect if you're already damaged, additionally the effect is just too small. If this is supposed to be 'the AMS utility legendary' for heavy magic damage fights, why not give it some actual utility. Just a few alternative possibilities that I came up with in a few minutes: Option 1. Increases the damage absorbed by Anti-Magic Shell by 200% - To get AMS a bit closer to the power of Cloak of Shadows. Option 2. Upon expiring Anti-Magic shell heals allies within 15yards for x% of the damage absorbed. - Very situational, but could be very useful in those situations. Option 3. Increases the damage absorbed by Anti-Magic Shell by 50-100%, in addition physical damage is also absorbed. This may sound strong, but in most fights damage taken isn't a huge issue and most players will still go for DPS increasing legendaries. I would like to see this cloak at least be worth using on encounters with high damage intake.Kerathane4 15h
18h Steeds of the damned follow up? Hello, i completed Steeds of the Damned. I get no quest anywhere in Ebon Hold or dalaran to the next part of the questline. Where is it? Has it a hidden requirement?Ímmortal2 18h
19h Help with my frost dk Hi guys I was wondering if anyone can help me with my stats. I'm currently running Crit 31% Haste 22% Mast 27%ish It's seems to work well I can usually get 280k on St fights this spikes to more in the initial burst. But is there anything that I can do to better this? Thanks in advanceHairygrowler23 19h
21h Improve my frost DPS Hi! A few time ago, i switch from my uh to Frost DK. As far my aoe dps is fair enough, that single target suck's. Here is some log s from forst https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/5530003/10/ Till weekend i was about 7% haste ( i know i must be around 20% -> now i ve got 13%). ST rotation i Was try to follow thats from Icy Veins or this weak aura. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IBhdbtUFFo But... On saturday's I play some premade on ToV HC with sick russsian frost dk. This mate give me tips... "Do not use on single target remo winter, glaciar advance - you just broke Your roation" He's adavice - spam Obliterate, Frost Strike and HB on proc. Nothing more, and to be honest it works. also folks on mmo champion wrote that when i dont have legend bracer i should not use obliteration talent.Kaapek4 21h
23h Frost DPS Problems.. Need your help! Hi guys, I've been playing DK since the release of Legion and I'm currently running the following stats: iLevel: 865 Crit: 20% Haste: 33% Mastery: 41% I'm struggling to keep my DPS around 190k steady (single target) for a while now and I really don't understand why it's so low.. I'd like to know your thoughts.Ythrael7 23h
1d think i just found the hidden ability for FDK. i went to highmountain, there in the pool, infront of Ebon horn, Was "memory of Arthus". He gave me a Dialog to make u question if u are or Are not of free will, Which then I got given artefact power, is this the hidden Ability?... to see Frostmournes Memories, Such as Lich King Arthus?Corgi12 1d
1d Nice move speed legendary Aggramar's Stride Finly now I don't need to use my mount thx blizzordBthem4 1d
1d Frost dk AOE question just rolled a dk, and will my aoe be ok if i don't choose frostscythe?Jinmori4 1d
1d Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr problems I haven't seen any changes to this item on the PTR so far, so i'm going to highlight some major issues with it. First of all, the remorseless winter debuff can't be applied to slow-immune targets => the helm gives you no damage against any boss. On the other hand, the optimal way to do AoE damage as a frost DK right now is to spam frostscythe on 3+ targets. In this case you don't get any rime procs => the helm gives you no damage on 3+ targets. You can pick other talents instead of frostscythe just to see increased howling blast numbers, but you are going to do more AoE damage with frostscythe even when using the helm. More than that, big trash mobs in dungeons that come in packs of 1 or 2 mobs(bears in darkheart thicket, golems in court of stars, big fearing guys in maw of souls etc.) are also immune to slows. So in all of the pve content of the game there are literally no situations where you can get any benefit from the helm's effect. I understand that some legendaries are supposed to be better than others. There are legendaries in the game that only give you AoE damage and they don't have much use in raids. But having an item that says: "You get no benefit at all in dungeons and raids" is extremely frustrating. Another problem with this helm: the wording is unclear. I'm sure that a lot of players who look at this item think: "hey, both remorseless winter and howling blast are core abilities in our rotation, we can easily combine remorseless winter casts with rime procs for a nice damage boost". Guess what: it doesn't work this way, because remorseless winter debuff can't be applied to slow-immune targets. I didn't know about this myself until i actually got the helm and noticed it. And then the initial excitement of getting a "dps" legendary quickly turned into a huge disappointment. Suggestions: 1) Make the remorseless winter debuff applicable to any target like the winter is coming debuff, or change the effect to: "when you have remorseless winter active, howling blast deals 40% increased damage". 2) Rework the effect completely, for example, make it a damage bonus to remorseless winter instead, because you actually use this ability regardless of number of targets and talent choice. It will be more dps gain with some talents than others, but at least the benefit will always be there, while the current effect does nothing if you are playing with frostscythe. It's fine when legendaries affect talent choice, but the situation where a talent completely negates legendary item's effect seems really wrong to me.Халгур2 1d
1d Blood Hidden Artifact Appearance So last night i found the hidden artifact appearance for Blood (Tuch of Undeath) and I really like the look of it. BUT when i should it to my friends and guildies (yes im a showoff), guess what they all say? "its small, looks like a onehanded axe". - I agree, this is way to small to be an epic hidden appearanceLichesta24 1d
1d Hunter Pets (Yes i know...) Alright, let me get this bit out of the way. Yes I use decent addons to manage threat, yes I am newish at tanking, yes I understand dungeon mechanics and no i'm not hating on hunters at all. In my time getting Kellerai to 110, I've obviously been questing and doing some dungeons... which brings me to my question; are other Death Knight tanks (well, any tanks) still experiencing the infamous hunter agro vs tank agro/ pet taunt issue? I thought it was widely known now that if you play a hunter (my main used to be a hunter) that you make sure your pet doesn't taunt during a dungeon. I want to ask, are you guys finding this a problem STILL? I understand we have new players and such, maybe people rolling out a hunter, or boosting a hunter or whatever - all fine with me (if you are new, welcome!)... but... for the love of all things good and tanky, tell me why before I roll my face on my keyboard with frustration... a) am I constantly losing agro to pets because maybe they're new... and b) why do hunters INSIST their pet isn't taunting... when it's painfully obvious they are? Bit of a rant, and like I said, i'm not hating on hunters at all, I just want to know... if i'm in the minority? Maybe because i'm still levelling? When I get into heroics people 'calm down' a little? Thanks for reading KelleraiKellerai1 1d
1d Dk on ptr Just came from ptr to say alot of class have new skills and old skills are changed even some tree changes Dks get only number changing why Lets post here wich abilitys we want back and why I want lichborn for unholy Simphone for frost More survive abilitys And death advance for mobility Some talant on ptr are worthless Why not to swich them for somthing usefullKadjitsu11 1d
1d Please let us sheathe the Frost weapons on the back. See title. I was already a bit annoyed by this but I could overlook it. However, the hidden appearance makes the swords so large that they just look ridiculous sheathed on the hips. They extend so far behind my character I'm expecting her to knock people over when she turns. Not to mention that they have only inches of ground clearance - I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if dwarf and gnome DK's just have these things clip into the ground. I really like the look of them, but the way they're sheathed right now makes me look like a clown. Please Blizzard, let us sheathe weapons on the back. Preferably, give us a toggle. Not only DK's, but all classes. And if you won't, at the very least tell us why.Karthris10 1d
1d Whats Wrong with Unholy In the same gear, Unholy does significantly less damage than Frost which is highly disappointing. What have they done to this class? Frost is fun, but honestly I find I'm enjoying Blood spec far more. I like Frost but I'd prefer to play Unholy, but Unholy feels really weak in comparison. I'll go into more detail later when I've done in-depth side-by-side testing, but so far it's not looking great.Hakuteiken8 1d
1d Current state of unholy PVP & Upcoming changes Current state of unholy PVP. Let me start of with the current state of unholy PVP. Im pretty curious why this hasnt been brought up yet? Issue's with unholy: We got like no defensive against melee's. -Lichborne deathcoil heal removed which was our sustain back in the days. -Blood pressence not available for unholy ( makes sense because its not a unholy thing) -Pet dies WAY too fast. Random AOE's are enough to completely murder your poor zombie. -ONLY VIALABLE OPTION CORPSE SHIELD. 90% dmg reduction is great! Your pet takes the hits for you! Very nice, but it lasts up until your pet is DEAD. And boy does it die fast. I am using my dark transformation AS A DEFENSIVE COOLDOWN TO USE CORSPE SHIELD. You just cannot take the deathcoil heal away from the pet. I cannot heal my pet. As I already said the pet dies just way to fast. now the issue with that - pet dies fast -cant heal pet -shield goes bye bye and flies ways with a f*** you sign before he dies. -dismiss macro so you dont get 30s cd on your pet resumm which by the way HAS A COOLDOWN! :D! Now we have !@#$ty heals ( frost has great heals ) %^-*ty defensives. But if we look at the big picture frost dk's deal more AOE dmg and single target damage right now that i cannot even stand behind the line blizzard used '' we take the classes to somewhere they belong'' I don't know how NOT being able to heal your pet as a freakin unholy deathknight, a very slow/low rot damage going out as a unholy death knight. FITS in that criteria of unholy deathknight. Lets look at the talents im mainly crying about. options at lvl 75: -Spell eater: anti magic shell is 20% larger and lasts 5 seconds longer. (great vs magic damage) -Corpse shield: 1 min cooldown, For the next 10 seconds 90% of the damage you take is redirected to your pet. If your ghoul is slain while this is active you cant resummon your pet for 30 seconds( holy moly are you serious? great joke ) -Lingering apparition: you move 30% faster during wraith walk, cd reduced by 15 seconds. ( joke gone too far, what was this a last minute design of a skill, out of idea's?) Seriously for PvP Corpse shield is the only thing you could go against phsyical damage. And guess what if a warrior bladestorms your pet dies so fast, or other howling blast AOE's that your corpse shield is becoming nothing but just a corpse lmao. -Zerêf8 1d
1d Need help with race. Big decision. Ok my fellow DKs, I really need your opinion on this. I've been thinking of race-changing for some time, but I always find myself in a big dilemma. So I ask you for opinion: Orc or tauren? Thanks!Uruk10 1d
1d How to have fun playing dk ? If someone can answer me pls i mained dk this expac after playing unholy on beta now unholy is worst dps in pve and very poor in pvp When i play frost in pvp 90% of the time i am the main target and slowed Like i am naked When i am out of cds i need to run away wich is very hard With frost dk Now when i pve i get crap loot all the time the rng killed pve for me Any idea how can i play my dk and have fun And dont tell me to reroll to much ap grindKadjitsu13 1d
2d The Current State of Blood Reposting really well written post from US forums; kudos to the OP: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752317996?page=1 Please discuss. I totally agree on making rune tap baseline and fixing wraithwalk so you can cast spells during this short sprint window. If you have a twitter, try to link it to the devs/watchers, maybe we will have ANY response from them about class future. Even a "k" post would be enough (confirmation that they have seen our voice).Tlareg7 2d
2d Faulty Countermeasure? Hi guys, was wondering if this trinket has good synergy with Frost DKs. I haven't gotten one so can't test myself, and I'm wondering if it's worth farming for one. I hear it is BiS for Paladins, and wondered why not so many top Frost DKs are using it. By logic it sounds amazing, assuming that it scales well with our mastery and fast attack speed. However, I assume there is some internal cooldown within it which makes it not so good with our attack speed. Anyone with knowledge about it can you please let me know! Thanks.Kuryo2 2d
2d Why is blood so useless in pvp? Dog!@#$ damage and horrible surviviability, meanwhile guardian druids are immortal and prot palas do high damage aswell as warriors.Linqs4 2d
2d Two-Hande...no wait, it's Dual Wield So this has been bugging me since Legion's pre-patch. I get that balancing 2H and DW Frost was a nightmare and it therefore follows that one or the other had to go, I understand that. What I can't wrap my head around is the fact that it was 2H that was removed; or was it? Think about it. The way Frost is played now, the only thing missing is the giant bone cleaving 2H sword because it's the same play style that 2H had. So they get rid of 2H Frost, only replace the DW play style with that of the one they removed? How does that make any sense at all? Honestly, when it comes to the artifact weapons, I'd have preferred a reforged Frostmourne over it's discount knock-offs. That's not to say that Frost is bad; it just doesn't make sense that they removed 2H and gave us it's play style for DW with what feels like Frostmourne flavored toothpicks rather than actual weapons.Hakuteiken23 2d
2d Rate the Death Knight transmog above you Part 8!!! Last thread has reached its limit. You know the rules, rate the Death Knight transmogrification of the poster above you :)Cultism500 2d
3d Proposal: Frost/UH 1h/2h hidden Artifact skin How cool would that be? To work towards a hidden appearance that would actually look and feel different than the rest of your skins. I initially created this post mainly for Frost, as I would very much enjoy playing the spec, but the dual-wielding isn't very appealing for me. Then I remembered that the same could be done for Unholy as well. Wouldn't that be great? What do you guys think?Ronaan3 3d
3d YOUR RNG IS CRAP FUU........K YOU WITH YOUR RNG. U RUINED A GREAT EXPANSION WITH THIS RNG CRAP.. RNG STATS ON ITEMS.. RNG LEGENDARY, RNG PROFESIONS ALL OF IT. BUT WHAT GOT TO ME WAS THE HIDDEN UNHOLY ARTIFACT SKIN. BEEN FARMING THE PROVING GROUND SINCE 11:00 AND NOW ITS 22:05. HAD ONLY TWO BREAKS TO EAT AND TO SHOWER.. FU....KK YOU. IM WORKING DONT HAVE THIS TIME TO DEDICATED TO YOUR FUKING RNG EACH DAYResolutionn24 3d
3d No -10% Strength next patch? Or did they simply forget it in the patchnotes? Thought its going to be a running gag for legion :DSangisqt3 3d
3d FROST HIDDEN ARTIFACT APPEARNCE Can we all just make a thread and start searching in hopes of finding it?Dkbloodshed131 3d
3d Patch 7.1.5 Blood nerfs? http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6151-Patch-7-1-5-PTR-Build-23109-Patch-7-1-Hotfixes-November-29 So if this goes live will there be any point in keeping Rapid Decomposition at all? And why do they nerf ´Tightening Grasp, did i miss something or is it overpowered or something? Nerfing Hearthbreaker and buffing Blood Worms wont make a difference (to me) as i wont get blood worms anyway as i rather need the RP that Heart Strike gives me. So basicly from my point of view we got some "interessting" nerfs. Is BDK overperforming or something?Runedag36 3d
3d Frost in 7.1.5 Am I the only person very concerned at the lack of talk about frost or indeed current changes on ptr? Fire mages may be moaning the loudest but they're currently in a good spot and at least receiving a huge amount of ptr attention. Frost on the other hand will see killing machine torn apart due to both Crit and haste nerf, significantly weaker hitting main artifact traits (sindragosa in particular) and all abilities bar obliterate. GCD reduction will be very hard. What're they doing to counter this? An increase in strength will not correct any of these issues. Auto attack will become an even higher proportion of attacks, while the main rotation will become significantly slower. I'd be curious to see some numbers from ptr, but imagine our temporary rise from being the weakest spec has been short lived.Glitterstorm6 3d
4d If i had hope... now it's gone I looked at what PTR brings to FROST. ...More damage... WHY? Frost's pvp damage has been systematically decreased over many patches. What is the point of giving Frost more damage just to have it reduced? We have no movement, reliable stun, out of combat heal or burst resist and blizzard still gives us damage and NOTHING ELSE. Out of the 12 classes the DPS specs of 8 of them have anti burst mechanic (divine shield, ice block, cheat death, etc.). In a brawl I always get focused. That's the smart thing to do because Frost will die if focused. What is the point of having tremendous damage if I can't burst 8/12 of the classes down? Need a melee damage bot? ... play Frost DK.Hehr3 4d
4d Dark Simulacrum Why isn't this spell baseline? It'd return quite a bit of utility and counteract the atrociously low number of buttons that frost currently has. It is just a really fascinating ability and it'd potentially make dk's something else than just a damage bot.Rogamaxd4 4d
4d Please help me decide. Hello Awesome Death Knights! I decided to start levling my old Death knight (to have as a alt). But unfortunatly i can't decide wheter i wanna go Frost or Unholy. My main is a Brewmaster, and my supposedly first alt (Paladin) was Retri at first, but i later went Prot with it, so i prefer NOT to have a third tank, hence why Blood is out of the question. I don't really care about "Best DPS" or anything like that, i just want to know what you think. "Fun" is ofcourse subjective, and what you find funny might not appeal to me, and vice versa. But if YOU were leveling a Death knight in hindsight, and you would not really care about end-result, what would you level as, and why? To my (EXTREMLY limited knowledge) Frost is "easier", but i don't really care about how hard/easy the speecs are. What suits the lore the most, which artifact gets the "funniest" perks, which artifact is funnier to use, which artifact is the most fun to chase (since i usually don't chase the second or third before i'm 110), and which spec would you consider "funnier" (still subjective)? Thanks for straigth answers.Morbidsaint1 4d
4d Frost Legendary choice? Hello there. I am looking for some advice on frost legendaries. Particularly: -Koltira's newfound will http://www.wowhead.com/item=132366/koltiras-newfound-will -Toravon's whiteout bindings http://www.wowhead.com/item=132458/toravons-whiteout-bindings Icy-veins says that they are equal in dps althought I am not seeing this to be the case with the Legendary belt. I do not find that the extra rune generation is uspporting my dps at all and without it I still do not feel rune starved or like I have nothing to press. Is there a component I am missing with the belt? Perhaps a change in talent or playstyle? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.Ornstein4 4d
4d Soulreaper kill/haste bug? if i kill a target with 1-3 festering wounds on it by using soulreaper i don't receive the haste buff of it. correct me if i am wrong but shouldn't it be like that: 1-3 f.wounds on target with low heath -> soulreaper -> dbuff applies -> instant death of the target =when target dies f.wounds popp-> i get the 7%-21% haste buff blizzard why noooot ??? :( (sorry for my poor english skills) P.S. buff unholy baseline dmg in pve & pvp pls (the mechanics are pretty fun)Galgasång4 4d
4d DPS problems Blood. (Mythic(+) Dungeons) Hello everryone my "friend" have a question about his DPS in blood spec. Ahem. So my "friend" does between 100 and 200k dps depending on the fight but usualy around 130-150k and on fights where there is a lot of movement going on (dragging bosses that just dont want to move) it can go below even that. And "my friend" thinks it is not enough and i totaly agree with "him". Other tanks can do much better than that around the same gear level. Usualy "he" try and keep blood plague up as much as possible then he try and keep his BS at 5+ charges normaly around 8-10 to be safe and with the extra runes "he" tend to spam HS for rune regen and dmg. "He" uses DS for spike healing or when there is no spikes emininent "he" use it as DMG. D&D is used on every CS proc or when "he" feels "he" needs the dmg/slow at pulls or just the slow in the middle of pulls. Is "he" doing it wrong or is "he" just bad at managing his runes? "He" dont know and "he" really could use some help or tips on how to do it better. "He" used to main a Druid tank in Cata, Warrior tank in Panda/WoD. "He" never played a DK, ever, before Legion. /Runedag's "friend" PS: Sorry about all the "" but i want to point out that it is not me that need these tips. Honestly! DS. EDIT: My "friend" has identic gear with me.Runedag15 4d
5d Crystalline Swords Is it only me that have never really understood our artifact ability? passive attack that makes our swords soar around and pierce our foes. For me the swords are just floating around completely still in the air, what i imagined it to be is that they would acctually pierce our foes? anybody else understand it?Schoachim9 5d
5d Runes of the darkening So what are everyone's opinion about this, are you dissapointed with it being so easily obtainable after all the hard work trying to find it or are you just relieved it's finally in game and easy to get? check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsI9D_4WKesSchoachim6 5d
5d how's frost dk ? help a friend i was playing dk at wod felt good , now i feel bored of ww monk i wanna main my old frost dk back i don't care about pvp that much how's frost dk's for High end raiding thanks in advanceBleedblue9 5d
5d Frost and the reverse synergy Is there any other class that has reverse synergy between artifact traits and talents? Just look at Frozen Soul (gold dragon artifact trait) and Gathering Storm (tier 6 Frost talent)! One activates when Remorseless Winter ENDS and the other EXTENDS Remorseless Winter. It's not like the damage of Frozen Soul is enough to put me in the dilemma of having to chose between it and the talent. The reverse synergy bothers me. I'm OK with no synergy, but not OK with this. At least make Frozen Soul activate on a different trigger (5th tick, 2nd tick, 9th tick like the normal Remorseless Winter)Hehr7 5d
5d Bring back 2H-Frost DK... in an cosmetic way Hello fellow DKs Im frustrated. Since Legion beginning. Not only because DK was on bottom of the meters etc, NO. It's the fact that if someone wants to play frost... He have to take this non DK matching dual wield style... Just WHY? I saw last weeks ago a topic about "Bring back 2H FDK". Tbh i dont want the physical playstyle back from 2H FDK. It wasnt better in any way then the dw magic dmg playstyle. Maybe only against casters it was a bit effektive. Anyways. My thoughts about to bring back 2H-FDK was to give them a cosmetic way. I just cant play and take the specc serious with this DW style. Its just annoying... Pls if any def from blizz read this *cough* Bring it on the table. Give the option to mogg those 2 1hands into a 2H and some kinda frostmourne look alike artifact appearences. So everybody can chose how he likes it.Aríon49 5d
5d [Deathknight] Unholy v Frost Hey everyone! Thought I'd open a forum thread to get some discussion on this due to there being limited resources about this online to an extent that includes the information I'm looking for in regards to Unholy v Frost in the current patch and 7.1.5. After playing both Unholy and Frost for a few months (mainly Unholy), I've yet to decide on which spec I want to fully progress with. I have the BiS Legendary for Unholy (The Instructor's Fourth Lesson) and can pull around about 250-300K DPS on a target with iLevel 865 (depending on fight) and with Frost DK, I pull about 235-280K DPS on a target with the same iLevel. (No legendary for Frost) I enjoy Unholy more than I do Frost, due to it being a little bit more technical and not completely faceroll but Frost seems to outperform Unholy by a longshot in the vast majority of scenarios in both PvE and PvP. I'm a PvPer at heart, and spend a lot of time ganking in the broken isles and doing some instanced PvP with my guild but also do a minor amount of PvE progression and a fair amoutn of Mythic+ Dungeons. Any reasons for or against either way? (Frost / Unholy) Would be interesting to see people's thoughts on Nighthold set pieces and other things coming in the future too. Thanks guys!Throffnir9 5d