Shaman

14 Feb 2014 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Takralus2 14 Feb 2014
17h Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly. ... Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D. Previous lounges: Therapy Lounge for Healers http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548 Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142Celibyx85 17h
27 Aug [Guide] Level 100 Enhancement Shaman Patch 7.0.3 Hello fellow Shamans. Here is a little guide on some informations a picked up around to bring them out to the general public. The reason was the amount of Topic against the class in general. But let me tell you this Enhanced Shamans are fine not bad class to go with, not the most op neither. But as battlemages i feel versatility enough to have fun in pvp with this class. So let me guide you through those talent choice u should pick above others to make it definitely worth pvp'ing with. This is mainly for prepatch and lvl 100. Talents Tier 15: -Windsong: instant. Free. 45 sec CD. +35% attack speed/20 sec -Hot hand: Passive. Chance for Lava lash to be free of cost and 100% dmg boost. -Boulderfist:Replace Rockbiter. Instant. 4.69sec Recharge. +5% crit, +5%dmg/hit for 10 sec. 22.338 Nature damage per hit. Conclusion: The best talent choice for pvp is Boulderfist. Without gear adding secondary stats your best way to obtain them through legion will be through talents and gives a descent % in crits and dmg. Windsong looks good too if u really want to focus on a heavier burst instead. Hot hand i don't really see usage as I consider Lava Lash as a Maelstrom dumping spell something equivalent to a Heroic Strike of the warrior if you still remember it. Tier 30: -Rainfall: instant. 10 sec CD. Area of effect that heals for 8.990 up to 6 allies for 10 sec. Stormstrike and Lava lash extend the duration by 3 sec to a maximum of 30 sec. -Feral Lunge: instant. 30 sec CD. Lunge Lunge ... FREAKING CHAAAAARG... Lunge. Ok we get it. 11.985 dmg. U chaa.. Lunge towards a target. -Wind Rush Totem: instant. 2 min CD. totem with 10 yard radius that gives a 5 sec speed boost of 60% to all allies. Conclusion: I think it's an obvious choice to make in this tier and u all go for that freaking gap closer and kite tool that feral lunge is. We can all already fall in love with that spell as shamans. Even though it's only 30 sec. It's manageable as we have an active sprint that can follows on it. Wind Rush Totem can be cool in arena's against teams that will train your healer and Rainfall i find it hard to use as u need to kite again like back in BC. Tier 45: -Lightning Surge Totem: instant. 45 sec CD. after 2 sec stun for 5 sec all enemies in 10 yard radius. -Earthgrab Totem: instant. 30 sec CD. Last 20 sec. every 2 sec roots all target in 10 yard radius. 2nd pulse give 50% speed reduction for 5 sec on targets rooted before. -Voodoo Totem: instant. 30 sec CD. Last 10 sec. Hexes all enemies in a 8 yard radius. Conclusion: Very nice talents in this tier. One stun, one root, one hex. I would definitely pick Earthgrap the most i love roots and speed reductions as a shaman on my target so a very strong pick but we can agree that situational in some arena's Voodoo totem or Lightning Surge Totem also viable. Tier 60: -Lightning Shield: instant. 60 min buff. 5.361 damage mg when u deal or take melee damage. -Ancestral Swiftness: passive. +10% haste -Hailstrom: passive. Each of your weapon attacks also deal 2.885 frost damage. Conclusion: Like said at start, any boost in stats are welcome and specially haste so Ancestra Switness is the best talent out of those. The two others are fine but don't compete with the haste buff. Tier 75: -Tempest: Passive. Stormbringer now affects the next two Stormstrike. -Overcharge: Passive. +1500% dmg on Lightning Bolt and add a 7 sec CD on it. -Empowered Stormlash: Passive. 1 additional target and deals 35% additional damage. Conclusion: I would pick Overcharge over Tempest and ES. Although Tempest is ok, Overcharge is a massive boost to the damage of Lightning bolt that cost 60 maelstrom anyways. And becomes your best direct damaging spell with it. Tier 90: -Crashing Storm: Passive. Crash Lightning adds extra Aoe on ground that deals 7.512 Nature damage over 6 sec -Fury of the Air: Instant. 5 Maelstrom + 5/1 sec. Vortex of wind surrounding u and has 8y radius. 2.680 damage every 1 second to all enemies and slow them for 30% for 3 sec. -Sundering: Instant. 60 Maelstrom. 59.927 Physical damage and side knock them for 1 sec. Conclusion: Fury of the Air is a good tool doesn't cost much on Maelstrom can be a long snare of 30% as long as u keep them inside the vortex the 3 sec stays it only count down once they escape it. Is a good way to keep targets close deal aoe dmg every second. But Sundering is to me equally good to Fury of the Air. Having a spell that deals massive damage again for 60 Maelstrom which is not cheap though. But the side knock can be used to have like a 1 sec blanket stun that works wonderful against sticky rogues or even make casters reset their cast with it is very promising. I find both these worth in different situations. Not a rogue or lock in BG that are a pain? go Fury of the Air i would say. If they are present go for Sundering. In arenas both are viable tools. Tier 100: -Ascendance: Instant. 3min CD. 15 sed duration. Generates 10 Maelstrom/1 sec. Auto attacks and Stormstrike bypass armor and has a 30y range. -Landslide: Passive. +8% agility buff for 10 sec when u hit with Boulderfist. -Earthen Spike: Instant. 30 Maelstrom. 20 sec CD. Spike the target dealing 47941 physical damage and increase Nature dmg u deal by 10% for 10 sec. Conclusion: I really like Landslide a passive that gives descent agility boost that can stay constant on you as long as u hit things with Boulderfist. Ascendance looks good but long CD of 3min and Landslide already wins on damage output in that time by a large amount if u can apply those buffs and keep them going on. If u go Sundering no need for another expensive Maelstrom spender. Spell rotation and Burst: Basic Rotation: Open with Feral Lunge if u picked talent. Then go as follow -Boulderfist > Flametongue > Boulderfist -Frostbrand or Purge -If proc Stormstrike at that point use it otherwise use Lightning bolt. -Use Lava Lash only as Maelstrom dumping Boulderfist should be up with almost 2 stacks again. Repeat Burst Rotation: Always be above 60 Maelstrom, have your buffs from Boulderfist and Flametongue up. Use all your offensive CD's and have a proc of Stormstrike. Then do as follow - Stormstrike on proc > Stormstrike > Lightning Bolt.Deadrowz7 27 Aug
21 Mar 2014 Making a Guide? Here in the class forums, players often put together awesome guides to help the rest of the community. However, due to the high number of sticky request we receive each day, these guides sometimes fall off the front page before we can sticky them. If you have just posted a guide or if you’d like to nominate a guide here on the European forums to be stickied, please send an email to the Community team, including a link to the guide you'd like stickied, at: CMTeamEU-WoW@Blizzard.com Alternatively, guide writers can help us spot their threads by putting [Guide] in the title :)Takralus0 21 Mar 2014
55m mytice plus hello fellow shaman i got qestion sould i run now mytice plus whit ele or wait i tink meby its good but i doubt it i just want to know if good idd sins i dont want to get kick or yell onSmeul1 55m
1h this messge for main team of shaman class dalte post plsSmeul1 1h
2h Enchancement PvE Hey! I'm playing Enchancement Shaman (PVE) and I'm trying to figure out why I deal so low damage compared to other classes in raids. Other classes, (hunters,mages) can maintain a steady 200000+ dps yet I struggle everytime. I sometimes feel that the damage output is not enough considering 850 iLvL should be enough? Could use more haste, but would it make that much difference? What do you think, how do you play enchancement to top dps? /PrimalPrimalhorn0 2h
3h Few ideas for Ele PvP Hello guys! I have few ideas for Elemental PvP talents and etc so i hope you like them and comment what do you think! Before we start im aware with the new elemental buffs however my ideas are : 1.Lightning bolt damage increased a little bit more - from 23% lets say 45% or something like that. The leveling experience spamming LightBolt is kinda sad. Low dmg / slow cast and not enough maelstrom.Even at max level the dmg isnt that good and def need higher buff. 2.Since our mobility is bad... i have 2 recommendations: -1)Gust wind now has 2 charges. -2)Improved Lightning Bolt - (2 ideas here) The first: When you cast Lava Burst you gain 2/3 stacks of Lightning Bolt Empowerment which causes you next 2/3 Lightning Bolts able to be cast while moving The second When you Lava Surge procs you gain 2/3 stacks of Lightning Bolt Empowerment which causes you next 2/3 Lightning Bolts able to be cast while moving Those are my ideas :)Bigdigg2 3h
3h ench pvp I need some other peoples opinion on ench shammy in pvp. To me ench seems to squishy, to reliant on procs and appear to have a hard time to stick to targets. Any higher rated shamans/players willing to offer their thoughts on ench in their current stateDavoodooboll2 3h
4h Lost Codex of the Amani - Hidden Appearance Can anybody confirm it dropping from Underbelly? I've been at it for multiple days, and haven't actually found anybody that has had it drop for them. Could they have moved it - or is it just a super rare item?Vellebeth156 4h
6h Restoshaman 3v3 pvp comps What are the 3v3 comps that Restoshamans are playing nowadays?Yashlerie1 6h
6h Fury of the Storms | Oppinions? Hello people. I managed to pull through and get myself that Artifact trait for the Elemental shaman today I tested it on some dummy and it does about 300k to 350k dmg if it gets a crit. AoE (against 6mobs) is about 480k to 500k. Dunno if my stats affect it but here they are Ilvl: 847 Int: 28327 Crit: 18% Haste: 10% Mastery: 40% Vers: 14% First off I really like it and it adds astheticly alot to the Spec fantasy of the Elemental shaman.Raise your first, empower your lightningbolts AND summon a 8sec Storm servitor? Looks bloody awesome. Alas... I hoped this talent would fix a bit for me. Help with Eles mobility. Get a beefy boost to damage. But overall it just trickles down, when compared to our other damage sources. I expected a bit more for a golden trait then 300k single target DPS... Atleast now I have a reason to use the Fist on CD, when befor that it was more of a filling spell, that came in between LavB. Maybe I just put my hopes to high for this trait. Anyone else has it and some oppinions?Nógrax1 6h
8h Kor'Kron Shaman's Treasure I was just wondering what's the drop chance of this shaman only treasure in Siege of Orgrimmar from the Kor'Kron Dark Shamans? Does it still drop (because it is not mentioned in the Adventures guide) and do you know any people who have recently obtain it ? I just did it on HC and it didn't drop for me.Babushot2 8h
8h Why do you think Ele is unplayable in PVE? Both ele and enh shamans are completely viable in raids, and by no means unplayable, at least according to this source: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#metric=bossdps&aggregate=amount First we just have to think what those numbers mean in reality (well, in reality they mean absolutely nothing but in the context of this game anyway…) So let’s make a VERY simple example that should clarify my point: Let’s assume a raid of 20 people, of which 15 are dps, 2 tanks and 3 healers. Together the two tanks deal about the same DPS as one dps spec, so now we have effectively 16 damage dealing specs in raid. According to the logs, average DPS of a dps spec in boss fights is about 181k. Enhancement DPS is about 196k, which is 8% above the average. Elemental DPS is about 162k, which is 11 % below the average. Now let’s consider a situation where we have only one dps spot left in the raid group but two available casters to choose from: an Elemental Shaman and a Fire Mage. Let’s say that the average DPS of those 15 players already in the raid is slightly above the average of all dps specs in general, as people tend to play better specs more. So let’s assume average DPS of 190k that corresponds to the DPS of specs such as Outlaw Rogue, Fire Mage and Havoc DH. Total raid dps with the Ele Shaman is 3011.7k Total raid dps with the Fire Mage is 3041.3k The difference is 1 %. If we further assume a raid boss with 500M health, it takes 164.4 seconds to kill it with the mage in raid and 166.0 seconds with the shaman. That’s 1.6 seconds difference. _____ So are you guys REALLY saying that the spec is completely unplayable in its current state? If so, there is nothing Blizzard or anyone else can do to help you with your problem. It’s all about your mindset :) And no, this isn’t about PVP or 5-man content, just a reply for those who post the raid logs here and yell how terrible we are.Stratonos27 8h
9h Resto shaman. So I came back to wow after not playing since wotlk. I'm having a blast as Enhancement but resto feels very awkward for me. I get that the healing dynamic was changed from the whole everyone takes damage really fast and you heal them back to full really fast but it feels really awkward for me. I'm sitting at 845 ilvl with 871 weapon. 15% crit, 14% haste, 101% mastery. My crit is a bit low since i'm using a lot of my enh gear but overall I don't think it's a bad set up but I feel completely inadequate. Takes a good 4,5 healing waves to get a dps from 50% to full. I honestly can't gauge how much my healing stream and tidal wave totems are healing. I use the first as soon as it's available and the second whenever I have more than 2 people taking damage. Everything feel very chaotic and sometimes I can keep my team without spam healing alive and topped off for about 2 mins and suddenly everyone starts taking massive damage and people drop before I can get 2 heals off. I can't tell wether it's my fault or they took avoidable damage or whatever but it's super lame. Lastly. I don't know how all the tanks function right now after all the changes but the tank health is an absolute mystery to me. It jumps down by MASSIVE amounts as it pleases. I can't tell wether the tanks are popping CDs or anything but it happens very often and I feel like I'm not really contributing. I'm tossing some heals in but whatever the tanks are doing it's keeping them alive for the most part. All in all. I feel like a weak, minor influence on everyone's survivability and not like the main reason for everyone to be alive during a fight. What am I missing?Felborn7 9h
10h Trinket Choice? So I've got 4 trinkets to choose from but I'm not sure which are best, I'm fairly certain that my 840 version of Six-Feather Fan is the best, but I'm unsure of the second slot. So the ones I have are: 840 Six-Feather Fan 840 Chrono Shard 850 Horn of Valor 845 Tirathon's Betrayal Since there's no "gear up" guide anyone I'm not sure which one is better, I wish I had the Devilsaur Shock-Baton or the Faulty Countermeasure but alas, no luck yet.Wickéd1 10h
11h IT'S HAPPENING GUYS!!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!! Shaman Elemental Mastery effects increased by 12.5%. Chain Lightning Maelstrom generation increased to 6. Lightning Bolt (Elemental) damage increased by 23%. Chain Lightning (Elemental) damage increased by 23%. Lava Burst damage increased by 5%. Storm Elemental (Talent)’s Call Lightning and Wind Gust damage increased by 20%. http://i.imgur.com/YtKWRKk.gifMoistmeatbal25 11h
13h healer addons What do you use? At one point I used vuhdo but coming back for legion I got healbot, which im not crazy happy with so far So what good ones are out there? Also if you use healbot, how to make xavius tank debuff show up on it?Useyour4 13h
13h Remove Maelstrom for Flame shock I find that Elemental would be alot more fun if they would remove Maelstrom from Flame shock. Especially when you're out and about doing world quest or other things, you just flame shock and that's were all of your maelstrom go, in general atleast. Which also sucks for swapping targets in raids. You absolutely need to put Flame shock up and do you need that extra time? No. Even the shortest duration is too long. Elemental damage might theoretically look fine, but i doubt any sims takes "maelstrom waste" into account. If they would change this the spec would be more fun and do slightly more damage.Incredibade0 13h
14h After the new buffs for ele Now i like my shaman, but i really really like enhancement. How is enhancement compared to elemental after the buffs coming next week? Is it only ele thats gonna work in PvE or also enhance?Äbbadon4 14h
14h ''Target is friendly'' ''No Path Available'' Am I the only one with this problem? Sometimes I can't use boulderfist because it says ''out of range'' when I am 0,00000001 cm right infront of my target and when I try to use flametounge it sometimes says ''target is friendly''. This happened to me during arenas and it's game breaking. I lost 3-4 games because of this. Nothing will make you more pissed off than when your final blow to the opposite team's healer won't work because of a stupid bug. This bug has persisted through the pre-patch and I honestly thought that it was going to get fixed. Even Stormstrike gets this bug where it says ''out of range'' when I am, again, 0,00000001 cm right infront of my target. And now, about the ''no path available', my capacitator totem refuses to get placed in a plain road beacuse there is ''no path available''. This happened to me in the Blade's Edge arena and caused us to lose. This is embarrassing and annoying. Please fix it.Eriani0 14h
14h Resto DPS - Suggestion Firstly, love playing Resto and throwing out some reasonable DPS as well. Only the other day I was saying they should buff it a little though, considering its not 100% substained DPS we able to throw out due to having to stop and do our primary job which is obviously to heal so yeah it would be nice for the few spells we do throw out to do a little more or else whats the point in bothering.... SO GREAT, Happy to see RESTO is getting a Lightning Bolt damage increase. The Suggestion: However what I was also saying was that it would be amazing if the DPS we also did as Resto could do a little bit of healing as well, Like a Disc Priest..... Maybe change a talent to do this or make a new totem I dunno but it would feel amazing. Ever possible to add to your list of ideas Blizzard or a definite no no?Dstrukt0 14h
16h RE: Enhancement blue post vs Elemental silence I'm going to play devil's advocate and argue on Blizzard's side about the storm that has blown over both these forums and our brothers and sisters on the US one in regards to the blue post on an Enhancement thread. For the painfully unaware, many Elemental players are incredibly dissatisfied with the performance of the Elemental spec with large portions of both EU and US Shaman forums being rife with complaints, but Enhancement being very mild in comparison. Despite this, a post regarding Enhancement asking if they will receive changes or not was responded to by a Blizzard employee, while there has been zero communication on Elemental (please note that this employee is not a developer themselves and is instead a community manager relaying messages). Here is the quote: ... I feel it necessary to point out that this post was not a "Enhancement needs tweaking and we will look into it", but rather "Enhancement needs changing and this is what we have done/are going to do". They are all also PvP only changes, sticking true to their word about not rushing to change PvE until shortly after raid launch. Regarding Elemental, I would be greatly surprised if the Shaman team were unaware of the issues with the spec, so I believe the silence is due to them being unsure of what needs changing (despite some excellent community feedback amongst a lot of non-constructive complaining). Once the team know what to change, I'm confident we will hear feedback relayed from them. We can all agree a little post stating "yes, the Developers are aware Elemental is underperforming and they are currently investigating ways of combatting this" would go a long way, but this idea and it's impact seems to be completely alien to the Blizzard communication team as a whole and has never been commonplace. TLDR: Silence on Ele is likely due to uncertainty about what requires alteration.Progression6 16h
16h Elemental poop! Glad I'm not the only one! So I wish I had read a bit more of the forums before starting to level my Elemental Shaman! I've played a Shaman as my main since BC. OK, so Shamans are never going to be up there with the likes of pure DPS classes such as Hunters , Warlocks or Mages, but I do hope Blizzard do something to make this spec/class more viable for any raid or mythic group. So far I love the Legion expansion, but didn't enjoy the levelling process as much as I feel I should have in Elemental. I deeply regret spending out all my artefact points on elemental rather than going Enhancement. Having to level my artefact weapon again for enhancement feels like a real time consuming option. I've not had time to trawl all the threads on here but it does seem to me that there is a large amount of dissatisfaction with the current Elemental spec and its lack of performance. The DPS output is obviously lacking. I think we have also been short changed when it comes to the main artefact ability as elemental, Stormkeeper, which, when comparing to other class abilities, takes much longer to cast/activate and has significantly less damage. In fact some of our casting times, and spells that appear to share very randoms CDs, really don't help this spec at the moment. As for PVP, well forget it in Elemental, complete waste of time. I'm not saying that Elemental Shaman need to be completely OP, but something HAS to be done. I'm levelling a couple of alts, Warrior and Mage, and its clear at lower levels as to how much faster,and easier, it is to level. These classes are obviously far better balanced with very reasonable DPS. The only way I can progress with the Class campaign is by going through mythics with guildies. As soon as someone sees I'm applying to a group as an Elemental Shaman they instantly decline. When asking people on my realm why they decline is always the same answer 'Elemental Shamans DPS is too slow'. It does seem rather unbalanced, and unfair, to have a class that plays such a significant role in the lore ,to only have one decent viable spec, Resto. I won't stop playing my Shaman, it has been my main since BC, but I do hope there is some improvement in later patches (the sooner the better) otherwise I can see fewer players rolling Shamans. Anyway, thats my little rant over. I'd gladly take any advice or feedback from other Shaman. For the Alliance! Oh and For The Horde, I have an Orc Hunter =)Nylesan7 16h
17h Why does it feel like I'm wearing cloth? I am having a blast leveling my Enh Shaman but I die so much in areas that densely populated, my Rogue had a much easier time and he was wearing leather. The times I died because I got too caught up in my rotation is a lotKuwabara0 17h
17h Enhancement still OVERBLOATED - Too much buttons to press for a mediocre result compared to all other classes - Too much buffs to manage - Too squishy - Too much RNG, really too much A totem fighter with 0 totem, nice class fantasy... Some of my ideas to fix this : Spells : ... Flametongue is utterly useless in it's actual form, unless you take the "Hot Hand" talent, which will never happen since Boulderfist rendered the two other talents useless ... ... Or combine the two into the old Unleash Elements. New talent : Lava Lash and Flametongue are combined, damage increased ... ... ... or ... or Give it a cooldown and make it heal more, right now, it's just another spamming ability like Rockbiter Talents : ... ... ... : Most classes have a direct stun with a lower cooldown ...: What is this doing in a PvP talent tree ?Schmilblik25 17h
19h Are you ready for the Wednesday? So are you ready to test your full powers ? Especially fellow resto shamans ? Aren't you a little nervous, because a lot will depend from you, people will expect top performance from raid healer class.Bigshama13 19h
21h Elemental buffs are coming Hello everyone, I just found this post on MMO-Champion: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5987-Patch-7-0-3-Class-Tuning-Hotfixes-September-23-Tanks-in-PvP-CM-Interaction It would seem that our prayers are finally being answered. For anyone who doesn't want to click the link, here are the changes coming to Elemental with the next maintenance: Elemental Mastery effects increased by 12.5%. Chain Lightning Maelstrom generation increased to 6. Lightning Bolt (Elemental) damage increased by 23%. Chain Lightning (Elemental) damage increased by 23%. Lava Burst damage increased by 5%. Storm Elemental (Talent)’s Call Lightning and Wind Gust damage increased by 20%. Personally I am very happy to see that the problem is finally being acknowledged, and I can't wait to see these changes in effect. That being said, I am a bit unsure of whether or not these changes will have a big enough impact on our output as a whole. The increased CL maelstrom generation is nice, but I would have liked some buffs to LB or LvB generation as well, or maybe a buff to ES. One of our main issues is having a slow ramp up for ES and underwhelming damage along with it. The added mastery effects may help a lot as well, since a big part of our DPS lies in the RNG mastery as it is - perhaps this buff can make it slightly more reliable. In any case, these buffs will obviously help, and Blizzard may still add additional buffs to it, since these changes are only coming next week. What do you think, fellow Ele shamans? Do you think these buffs will give us the output we've been missing? Will we be on par with other casters? A lot of other underperforming classes and specs are being buffed as well, so we'll see if these changes have any effect on where we stand in the rankings. Personally, I hope they can finally narrow the gap between best and worst dps to a significantly smaller amount, as it currently is quite ridiculous. Shame there aren't any buffs for pvp, but maybe the added pve buffs will provide a little more damage for pvp as well.Chakaron1 21h
23h At least Nerf All Classes untill Elemental is fine Hey devolopers if you never gonna buff the elemental .. then please nerf the all other classes so we can compete... (Not Sorry for my bad english but I only care my elem shaman)Bearhugger3 23h
23h Thinking of switching to Shaman, how is it? Heyo everyone! WW Monk here, mainly PvP focused. With the recent release of the 7.1 PTR notes i'm a bit concerned for my future as a WW Monk in PvP and just to make sure i got the option to switch, i was thinking of making an alt to get the artifact research going etc. How is Shaman in PvP rn? Enhancer and Heal is mainly what i'm looking at. Are the Artifacts insanely important or will it be fine to level them both simultaniously?Sarren7 23h
1d Enh Buff ? Will the enh shaman get a buff or a nerf in patch 7.1 ???Rakudar42 1d
1d Grounding totem ??? So, grounding totem description is: "Summons an Air Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that will redirect all harmful spells cast on a nearby party or raid member to itself. Will not redirect area of effect spells. Lasts 3 sec." What i expected it to do was: I place a totem and all spells within the next three seconds that are cast on party members who are in range of the totem are redirected to it. So what it actually does.. First thing is, the totem doesn't rly have 5 hp, it has +-44k instead. Then it actually redirects only ONE spell (the first one cast after placed) and destroys itself. Can anyone give rational explanation? Did i just miss something?Hexinprøøf0 1d
1d enh fixes pvp purge costs too much mana feral lunge needs a snare or charge stun flametongue does no dmg astral shift 1 min cd or sham rage healing surge mana cost reduced by 50% when used with maelstrom replace ethereal form with grounding totem on the honor talent tree thank u holinkaKarrahkobus7 1d
1d Leveling as resto viable in legion? Hi there, as the title states really, is leveling from 100-110 as a resto shaman viable? Or is it better to go ench then switch at max level. End game I was thinking of maining a resto shaman for dungeons etc... but just worry about artifact points if I leveled as ench. thanks for any thoughts and adviceOffi4 1d
1d ele poor dps pls blizz pls fix use give more mobilty this not funny any more night mare moving ele loss ton on dps meter come on i know why use to be top back mist this not funny anymore this horro and i dont dare to sey but moment i even test telants on boss icyfury help but its so littel thet not wort it to take sec blizz u nerf use to ground back wod middel feeders now buttom feeders come on blizzSmeul9 1d
1d Elemental being denied Mystic+ Even if they are polite, the truth is out of the bag: nobody is eager to take an Elemental shaman on Mystic+ runs. Even guildies do it only out of guilt trip. There is a small chance you can get in: if you supply the keystone yourself - and even then you risk depleting it because your own DPS is so low compared to others. High DPS = faster clears = more loot. Never mind the Lightning Surge Totem nor Earthquake Totem, these alone are not enough to make Elemental shaman a viable pick for Mythic+ runs, especially higher level ones. And before you tell me to switch to Enhancement, please stuff your mouth with an abused sock.Raindancer13 1d
1d Ele Shaman Feels like ele shamans dont do as much damage as other classes and specs. I've killed plenty of mobs, then stopped and watched someone kill the same boss / quest mob, doing it in a much faster time without CD's. Additionally while in HoV, Enha shaman was doing at least 40k DPS more than ele? Does ele need a buff?Kaizek44 1d
1d Healing Stream Totem Bug Hello, I was wondering if anyone else had the same bug with the Healing Stream Totem. I made a simple cast sequence macro to use the healing steam totem and the cloudburst totem and it works like a charm in pve freeing up a keybinding. In PVP though....it tries to use Healing Steam Totem ITEM in my bags which upgrades a champion instead and open the champion window for Nobundo. Anyone else had this issue?Wintera3 1d
1d Resto shaman stats So is mastery stacking the way forward for mythic+ and raids? Stats currently are crit 23%, haste 8%, mastery 94%, vers 4% Should I start dropping mastery for haste and crit?Useyour5 1d
1d Why is Elemental getting !@#$ on? So it has come to my attention that Elemental Shaman is pretty !@#$ in legion... I don't know if people mean in PvP or not, but they're getting alot of hate right now it seems like. Anyone that can explain why this is? I'm often number 3 on the dps meter in PvE, which is my primary focus in Legion. Is Elemental Shaman just %^-* all over or are they atleast decent in PvE? (Explain detailed so I don't need to ask any counter questions)Fistion15 1d
1d Enhancement Shaman in need of advice Hello there, fellow shamans...shamen..shaman? I'll be honest : I'm a total mess.For some reason, I can't pull my !@#$ together in arenas (random BGs are ok, I focus on objectives 99% of the time, and I do reasonably well). I got called many names, and even told not to q anymore. I mess up my rotation, I sometimes simply forget to pop a cd that might have made a difference, and I regularly forget to refresh Flametongue and Frostrbrand. I get focused/trained almost all the time, as if there is a giant bullseye target over my head, that says "easy kill". Stun, trinket, another stun...yeah, you know where this is going. Is it just me, or are enh shamans in a terrible pvp state at the moment? I once got into a group with another shaman, and he did almost twice the dmg I did(We won, btw)! Is it a l2p, talents/rotation or gearing issue? The moment I completed class campaign and got my 3rd relic, things started looking up, but I still feel helpless and defenseless in arenas. :( It simply feels I have to press way too many buttons to start doing some meaningful damage. Please refrain from saying I should reroll or something, I kinda like this class and its visuals. I ask you for solid advice to improve my game. :) Thanks in advance. PS : I wish I didn't have to run into demon hunters in 2s almost every time. Casters are extinct.Ghorros5 1d
1d Ele shaman- stop being a turret? Today i was testing my dmg on a dummy with three different combinations of talents that i set up for 6 min straight (no bloodlust). Talents that stayed the same were Totem Mastery, Ancestral Swiftness (not mentioning the others since they don´t contribute to dps). My ilvl is 845, currently 36,48% crit chance with food. The point was to figure out which combination would be suitable the most for raids, at least for me. 1. Primal Elementalist+ Elemental Mastery+ Ascendance (pretty much everybody uses this but i am not a fan- being a turret) Results: 58,54M dmg total, 162.2K average dps (nice burst but after 15 sec it was pretty much useless). I was able to use Ascendance twice, same for elemental. I noticed Emerald Nightmare requires lots of movement so your burst might not work out well. 2. Icefury+ Aftershock+ Lighting Rod Results: 63,86M dmg total, 176,9K average dps (very surprising) those frostshocks gave me some crazy crits and i could spam 100 maelstrom Earth Shocks with no problem. The idea behind Lighting Rod is to add extra consistent dmg to Lighting Bolt while waiting for Icefury CD. Again, lots of movement and control+ nice dmg from high crit chance. Regular fire elemental used. 3. Primal Elementalist+ Elemental Mastery+ Lighting Rod Results: 61,05M dmg total, 169.1K average dps. This was the attempt to get the highest consistent dps without relying on burst. Regular fire elemental used. Now no matter what you use i´d say that Lighting Rod> Ascendance for long fights which raid is. Everyone says it´s for aoe but i have good experience using it for mythics as well on single targets. Would be great if you could contribute with your own experience. I mean it´s great what icy-veins guide gives you but have you tested for yourself?Crónoz26 1d
1d Interview about elemental shaman in Legion https://youtu.be/mM5BkS3SCUULaeneya0 1d
1d Rate the shaman transmog above you part 3 Since last post reached its limit i'm oppening up a new one :) Izilar: Really nice mog it reminds me of the old enhancement shammys with 2 hands hammers and the rest of the mog fits with it. 8/10Tuhmka57 1d
2d Life of an Elemental Shaman https://puu.sh/rbdSg/86a5402788.jpg (Don't take it too seriously.)Harrykuntz6 2d
2d Resto Shaman Stat Weights Tried looking everywhere for resto shaman stat weights and the only place i can find any is Noxxic, which is just a no go. Anyone know them pleaseChéesecaké1 2d
2d Elemental Buff? Is Elemental getting buffed soon? Currently it's scraping the bottom of the barrel when pitted against equally geared and skilled players.Nyné15 2d
2d Elemental vs Enhancment Hello. I thought I would try to get some answer here now that raids are unlocked. My first question would be how much better is enhancement then Elemental? I'm aiming for a damage spec but looks like everything I read says Elemental is really bad atm. Will any of the specs have damage to compete with the highest dps classes? Thank you for the timeTimpzi6 2d
2d What am I doing wrong? Enhancement Shaman Hey. A lot of people seem to get a lot more DPS than me as Shamans, same spec or not. Sometimes (rarely) lower IL shamans do more DPS than myself. What I do for rotations (or so I understood from the general public) is that I have to use Doomfist -> Boulderfist -> Firetongue -> Boulderfist -> Snowbuffthing -> Crashing Storm -> Stormstrike Wolves when needed, and if full of Mael dumb with Lava Lash. Am I wrong? If so, please - PLEASE correct me.Zoêy13 2d
2d Does anyone know the average dps for enhance? the above.Magharlogosh3 2d