Patch 7.1 Public Test Realm

5d Raid Testing Schedule - 19 September On Monday, September 19, we will be conducting a focused raid test of two Trial of Valor Heroic bosses, and one Mythic Nighthold boss. Remember that Heroic difficulty scales for any group size between 10 and 30 players, so feel free to assemble and bring a group of any size within that range. Mythic, of course, requires a fixed 20-player group. Monday, September 19 Odyn - Heroic Trial of Valor 13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST) Guarm - Heroic Trial of Valor 14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST) Spellblade Aluriel - Mythic Nighthold 15:00 PDT (18:00 EDT, 00:00 CEST) As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a PTR environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback. Q: How do I get into the raid zone? A: In Dalaran, Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, you may speak to Nexus-Lord Donjon Rade Sr. in order to teleport into the raid zone while it is open for testing. (The option to teleport into a zone will not be available when the zone is not open for testing.) Q: What character should I use to test the raid? A: Whichever you prefer. We will be scaling players' effective level to 110 for raid testing, and their item level to an appropriate threshold for the encounter(s) being tested. Q: How long does testing last? A: The primary purpose of testing is to give us the information we need to balance the encounters, evaluate how mechanics are playing out in practice, and identify bugs. Once we're satisfied that we've received that information for a given boss, we'll be shutting down testing. Usually this takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours, but there are no guarantees.Watcher3 5d
6d FEEDBACK: Guarm (Heroic) Please use this thread to provide feedback, bug reports, and other discussion of the Guarm encounter in Trial of Valor. At this stage, feedback on mechanics and clarity are particularly appreciated. We realize that this is a short-notice test early in PTR, and stability and availability may be dicey. We'll be revisiting this boss at a future date, but thank you for testing in the meantime!Watcher7 6d
6d 7.1 PTR Dungeon/Raid Testing Plans Please read the message from Watcher regarding the testing plans for the 7.1 PTR: This is an unusual PTR, in that we don't typically have fresh dungeon and raid content to test when a new expansion has just launched, but then again, Legion isn't exactly the typical expansion. For testing purposes, we'll be treating Karazhan like a Normal-mode raid, since that's what it resembles in most ways except raid size. That means it'll be closed for the majority of the PTR cycle, but we'll open it up at least a couple of times for a couple of days (without any attunement required, though one will be on live - for testing you'll be able to just zone in) at a time for open-ended testing and feedback. We also have Trial of Valor to test, as well as a few Nighthold bosses we'll want to revisit for numerical tuning. We realize that most raiding guilds are going to have their hands quite full starting next week, but we're going to try to sneak in one raid testing day on Monday (probably around 1pm PDT, 10pm CEDT). We'll update with exact testing details within a day or so, assuming server stability holds up. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the team for all this content, and thank you in advance for any time you take away from the live servers in order to help us test it. Aerythlea9 6d
6d FEEDBACK: Odyn (Heroic) Please use this thread to provide feedback, bug reports, and other discussion of the Odyn encounter in Trial of Valor. At this stage, feedback on mechanics and clarity are particularly appreciated. We realize that this is a short-notice test early in PTR, and stability and availability may be dicey. We'll be revisiting this boss at a future date, but thank you for testing in the meantime!Watcher7 6d
19 Sep FEEDBACK: Spellblade Aluriel (Mythic) Please use this thread to provide feedback, bug reports, and other discussion of the Spellblade Aluriel encounter in Nighthold.Watcher0 19 Sep
15 Sep Welcome to the 7.1 PTR Forum - Please Read Welcome to the PTR Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can provide feedback on World of Warcraft 7.1 PTR Patch and talk about anything related to the patch that is not a bug or potential bug. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be sure to use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Multiple threads on the same topic will be deleted When multiple threads cover the same topic we will typically leave one of them open, lock one with an explanation, and delete the rest. This is done to allow other topics to still have a place on the forums. Which thread is left open typically depends on the thread length and how constructive the first post and the thread in general are. Aerythlea0 15 Sep
3h Windwalkers NEED Fist of Fury Stun Ok so, i logged in today to my horror to see Windwalkers have been nerfed in our last tier of PVP Talents. Fist of Fury, has had an increased range and the targets movement speed is reduced instead of stunning them? Ok so lets break this down into 3 aspects. Firstly for offensive pressure we need our fists to stun otherwise our main nuke is easy shut down. Legit if we ever pop FoF we can just be stunned etc and then its gone. Defensively we need the stun to stop pressure on ourselves and in terms of teammates last we cant use it to peel for them. We have had this ability since monk launched, its already bad enough we have to waste a honor talent to make it stun people but now that sacrificed talent is only a slow... Please blizzard try and rethink the depths of this change. Even if the old trade off came back the community would be a lot happier, dont let us move while casting it?? Please dont ruin this class.Trep15 3h
5h Instance not found Keep getting this whenever i try to teleport to DalaranKursch0 5h
8h FIX FLARE REMOVING SHADOW DANCE how is this still in game? ITS A BUG FFSDancingdays2 8h
11h I don't like prestige in 7.1 Why will there no longer be a punishment for prestiging? Why should you not prestige now? Compromise by letting people have the first column of honour talents after prestiging? Everyone will prestige now and I will not feel like a war veteran (whether I am or not, shh) anymore sadface kiss kissTzaeroth15 11h
11h DH nerf is dumb? Removing complexity for balance? Now don't get me wrong, the nerf is "fair enough" DH's should be nerfed, but this change is just going to make the demon hunters simpler to play, only removing complexity as people will now either spec felblade or firstblood along with Demon reborn, essentially making the class a full on melee removing the "part range" element, i can totally see the need for a nerf, but why not an overall reduction instead of making talents down right useless? a total nerf of say 5-10 % seems like a waaaaaaaaaay better option. Thus keeping the "complexity"Zealz1 11h
11h Did the nerd to rogue agility go through I read in 21september patch notes, that assassination rogues are getting their agility nerfed by 30% Most recent notes don't say anything about that. So have the changes been reverted or something?Lifeform0 11h
12h Stamina -> Armor on all Tank artifacs Now before you start judging.. this is not a rant about either of the classes being over/underpowered... im quite happy with that i picked.. I just dont understand the changes to the end-game bonus from tanking artifact weapons.. Lets Recap what tanks recieve in armor bonuses, because stamina is "in lack of anythign better or more fun to give tanks" DK: Veteran of the Third War (Passive) -> +15% armor (plate based) DH: Demonic Wards (Passive) -> +120% armor (leather based) Druid: Bear Form -> +200% armor (leather based) Monk: No armor increase (leather based) Pally: No armor increase (Plate based + shield) Warrior: No armor increase (Plate based + shield) Now lets look at what the artifacts bonuses on 7.1 are changed to: DK: Increasing armor 10->29% DH: Increasing armor 10->29% Druid: Increasing armor 10->29% Monk: Increasing armor 10->29% Pally: Increasing armor 10->29% Warrior: Increasing armor 10->29% I'm not asking for a higher level of balancing here than any other area of the game.. I just simply cant understand how the Monk Bonus is considered "at level" with the others when: My monk = 2012 armor (6.44% dmg reduction) a warrior friend = 5412 armor (15,63% dmg reduction) The other classes have either a shield or an armor bonus to bring them up to level. With the monk mechanics of stagger (which i love more than anything) we dont need the armor. So all im searching for is a reasoning behind the bonuses being the same, since they clearly give massive difference in value. I could understand if monk was currently the strongest tank, that this would make them fall off late.. but they are not (as far as i can tell) Players feel free to drop comments if you understand what happened.. Beyond that i just hope Blizzard reads this at some point.. a response i more then i dare hope for.. Anyways, Best of luck with the legion guys :)Paralyzé7 12h
23h The Silver Hand still bugged ? The Silver Hand uses Polearm/Staff Combat animations , which is fine i guess.. but if you transmogrify it the character uses the same animation on axes/swords/maces ... holding them with one Hand while the second just grabs for thin air which is just plain stupid. Do we get a fix for that ? (ain't using PTR so i cant tell would be awesome if someone checks)Eisenfrost0 23h
1d Bugs in RBG ! I was play RBG to got the weekly bonus and the box and i win like 3 or 4 times and I got nothing no weekly bonus and no box so I open ticket to GM and he tell me to open ticket to sumbit bug and I do ticket to sumbit bug like 5 time and they not answer me and I back to GM he tell me do ticket here in hotfix and i hope help me to got my weekly bonus and the box because I dont know what I do , please blizzerd foucs on your customrs :)Bosskuw0 1d
1d [Bug] Skystep Potion interaction with DH's double jump In order to reproduce this bug you need to be in water and start moving, then use the potion and double jump. The character will blink forward and then you will be disconected and get error(WOW51900319).Sarbin0 1d
2d Did they remove char-boost in PTR? Just a quick question here; Have they removed "free level 110 boost" from the PTR? And if they did, do i then have to copy characters from the "real wow" into PTR? Or do i have to level them up PTR?Elmos2 2d
2d Can I test all classes now? 2 questions: - Is the PTR ready? Can I try it out? - Can I create all 110 level classes with items and artifacts and test them out? Or I can only use my live character (would be obnoxiously stupid). I truly hope I can try out all chars i want.Bornog1 2d
3d Quest - 'Something's not quite right...' Potential spoilers below: During the quest 'Something's not quite right...' in suremar, during the 7.1 camapign, Khadgar is paranoid that the nightborn have infiltrated the two elven camps and sends you out to dispell the illusions of any enemy sabotaurs you can find. It'd be amazing if, when using the item to dispell illusions, the player character would quote the nightborn from inside the city from when they attempt the exact same thing. Lines such as 'An illusion! What are you hiding?' and 'Who goes there?' would make the quest just that much better, honestly. i need my sweet revenge, blizz, plzMarrowack2 3d
4d A much needed change. (guardian druids) I want to say that throughout my posts in druid forum section I've never seen a single blue post or even a moderator one. I am starting to find it pointless as no one seems to be reading that (or at least we have 0 confirmation that someone is reading at all). Numerous players have been reporting feedback about druids and in this case I just want to make this post here with the hope of it being noticed/seen by someone who is in charge of being a blizz employee. Here is what I want to say : Guardian druids are AWEOSME!!! I really like everything about them. I just think they got hit waay too hard by 2 consequtive mastery nerfs which brought their mastery so low that it's not even worth having it but its better to have versatility for survival. I think it is simply put hillarious. If a class's mastery is so bad that its obsolete then something is indeed wrong. My suggestion (and that of hundreds of druids) is to increase mastery base value from 4% to 6% and 1% of mastery to require 500 points rather than the current 800. This will make versatility become better only far later in late game than now. Thanks!Bornog2 4d
4d Hunter Viper/Scorpid Sting Changes While i concede that current version of viper and scorpid sting is quite silly and strong. The changes made on the ptr make them feel lackluster. Giving viper sting 6 second duration with a 45 second cooldown might seem good at first glance but when it can be removed with any non instant cast heal it feels like a waste of talent.Vafelle0 4d
5d instant 100 where is the option for a instant level 100 character.Frèyr2 5d
5d Interface: Macros Hello and thank you Blizzard! I've seen that you've greatly improved the icon window for macros - very, very happy about that! But.. what I really wish to see is the limitation of slots for macros being extended. It is currently impossible for me (really is) to set up my keybindings for the different specs that I want to. I play Druid > Mage > Shaman, and I would love to at least be able to make the macros I want for each of those classes. Currently, the Druid takes up 90% of all slots, and the only spec I consider properly set up is Restoration, all others could - and would (if allowed) - be much, much better, and also, more fun to play. I love setting up keybindings, creating macros and let the creativity flow! To then take it all out on the field and play with what I have created. Macros is a powerful tool. I know about the '[spec]'-condition, but the 255 character limit tends to wreck the use of it. I'm not gonna bash on the character limit, while some macros have had to look clumsy, it has gotten me to type everything in a better and more efficient way. There has been a few occasions were this has bothered me though, and I have had find ways around it. Surprisingly, it is one of few limitation I don't find very annoying. Extension to ~270 characters could be nice if possible. My thoughts for solutions. 1. So an idea would be to create a new, unique tab for each specialization of each class. 2. Another idea is to make a condition for classes - [class:druid] etc. This would eliminate the need of multiple macros for exemple interrupts/dispels (@focus, @mouseover etc.) and more. 3. Provide us with more slots. I know some players need it, me among those. Not gonna lie and say that this issue revolves around the majority of players, it probably don't. However, I trust in you as a company to try and improve every aspect that you can agree with to have the potential of being improved. I truly hope for this to be a case like that. Kindest regards, CitroCitro2 5d
6d Spell Reflection No visual. Is this an intended change or a bug ?, same with live.Nivle0 6d
6d Copy Account Aata Hai, I cannot copy my account data i see only "Copy Failed" but when I want duplicate my character with 100 lvl - he have 98. I will add that I two same characters on copy list but first have 100 lvl, second - 20. Can you delete my 2nd character for this list? Thanks for all help :)Danelar0 6d
6d Unable to access PTR Trying to create account, unable to do so. http://imgur.com/a/57QVyRambowl6 6d
19 Sep QOL/visual improvement: Windrunning buff Hi! Not sure if this is the right forum but I think PTR makes sense as a place to leave feedback if anything. Right now the permanent Windrunning buff you automatically get from Thas'dorah leaves a somewhat obnoxious visual effect that you can't disable. Your character permanently gets sparkles floating around their waist and a white "dash" line trailing them, which is visible even when standing still and looks really glitchy. Example: https://i.imgur.com/okrr7X8.jpg - see the white line sticking out near the neck, and the blue sparks. As much as I love the artifact, the buff's effect really ruins the overall appearance of my character when using this spec. Please, can we see the visual effect disabled? Or at least only active while running?Kelanra1 19 Sep
19 Sep Feedback - Holy Paladin - Crusader Strike Charges Crusader Strike has only 1 charge left. This change is absolutely destroying the fun i have with my holy paladin. I was hoping that more melee possibilities or synergies will be delivered, THIS is the opposite. The rotation feels very clunky now! I got enough haste that it feels okay on live, but on the ptr its unplayable, so many cooldowns you cant use on damage. Pls remove that change! If the damage for holy paladins is too high ( wich i enjoy, cause i can run as a holy dd with my mates), then pls lower the damage, but dont take our second charge! PS: pls give us more melee/heal synergies like avenging crusader, but for pve : ) Edit: why downvoting?Izani7 19 Sep
17 Sep Shield of Vengeance I can't think of any other melee that has to deal with not one but two major weaknesses. Not only we have the worst mobility, but also incredibly vulnerable to dispels. Which in turn causes a third major weakness: Survivability. Divine Shield can be mass dispelled. Shield of Vengeance can be simply dispelled or spellstolen. Blessing of Protection can be simply dispelled or spellstolen. Give me just one other melee spec that has any kind of dispellable major cooldown. Feral wall? AMS? IBF? Cloak? Evasion? Die by the sword? Literally anything, give me just one example. Even karma is not a magic debuff. Its dot is. Remove the damaging enemies portion if you have to, but please make it undispellable. Aerythlea help us! Forward feedback please!Ceìla3 17 Sep
17 Sep A Better Future Quest The quest "A Better Future" sometimes bugs. When you have to rally the shal'dorei, sometimes the quest phases out and you cant click on them to complete the quest/rally them anymore. Tried this a few times and the problem keeps repeating. Sometimes it happens when I'm at 4/8, sometimes at 7/8.Thorìm0 17 Sep
15 Sep Account Data Copy Are we going to get the account data copy? it currently fails and without it testing pet battles content is pointless.Mithas0 15 Sep
15 Sep Elemental Shaman I know that tuning is still going on and stuff, but when I was reading through the notes I must say I was rather dissapointed, there are a ton of constructive feedback posts on the shaman forums where people come up with, in my opinion, genious ideas to improve the class both number and astetic wise. And then to only see "Earthquake is no longer a totem" is rather hardbreaking. Are more changes possibly incomming because in its current state, I probably have to reroll to healer or enhancement to get a raidspot cause Ele is just outpreformed by nearly each ranged. The build notes were rather confusing aswell, even though its meant to only be a tooltip change, why did the tooltip of Feral Spirit include an elemental version, Lava burst and Enhance version, Lightning bolt being instant for ele?Maximillius1 15 Sep