Argent Dawn

02 Jan 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system ( can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Slorkuz2 02 Jan 2012
24 Feb Useful threads: setting, story, & roleplay. The purpose of this thread is to collect and advertise useful threads and sources, for any player looking to find out more about the setting, or about roleplaying and story-building. These may be useful whether reading the background just for interest, creating a new character and wanting to see how it fits into the setting, or looking how to enhance our own roleplaying techniques. Some of these websites are on the wider internet, but most were written by players on our own server Argent Dawn. A parallel thread, "Useful threads: community and events," is no longer stickied for some reason. It can be found at and looks at the Out Of Character history and community of the server, to introduce the server to new players, and to give help to players in creating, advertising, and maintaining events and guilds.Tsathoggua63 24 Feb
4d History of Argent Dawn Updated October 23rd 2016, 16:20 (GMT) ... Tip: Hit Ctrl+F and for example search #2012 Submissions Pick a topic: [Guild] [Character] [Event] Use headings, and add any AA links. Scroll down for examples. Guidelines [Guild] events include RP-PvP, storylines, founded/disbanded dates, etc. [Character] events are for major figures in our server lore, ie. guild leaders. Community [Events] only. For guild events, see above. Only put information that'd be known in-character, events that would be written into history or known. Contents Intro - post 1 - 2005 - post 2 - 2006 - post 4 - 2007 - post 5 - 2008 - post 6 - 2009 - post 8 - 2010 - post 9 - 2011 - post 10 - 2012 - post 11 & 12 - 2013 - post 13 & 14 - 2014 - post 15 - 2015 - post 17 & 18 - 2016 - post 19 & 20 - 4d
3d Guilds of Argent Dawn Hello everyone, since the old guilds of argent dawn thread has been inactive for a rather long period of time i have decided to start a new one with a fresh batch of guilds. The form and rules will remain the same as the old one. Guild name: Faction: Type: Concept: Base of operation: Guild master: Recruiting officer: Guild-forum/website: -Copy and paste the list above in a new reply. -Feel free to add a link to your recruitment thread on the forums. -The guilds are sorted in alphabetic order. If your guild has a different name IC, then you may add that name after the actual guild name as it appears in game. -Only leave a brief concept description of your guild here. If you wish to share more, do so by directing to your guilds forum or webpage.Velraz344 3d
3d Roleplaying Guild List [Argent Dawn] Every time I log in, I see people demanding help with finding an RP guild, or one with a certain theme. One could not except newcomers to scroll through an endless stream of forum posts, or hundreds of Argent Archives profiles, just to find out that the guild of their liking disbanded a year ago, or hasn’t been active for months. Because it is my intention to help the dynamics of the community, I excluded inactive guilds. Those I inavertedly left out, please contact me ingame via /whisper or mail, or just leave a comment below. Newly formed guilds are welcome aswell, just inform me of your existance. If a listed guild disbands or dies off, the procedure of removal should be the same. The list contains the guild name and few words describing the theme, ordered alphabetically under categories of race/faction exclusiveness. (Let me know if you find a description unfitting or have a better alternative). You can find a guild’s original forum post, Argent Archives profile, and in cases its website by making a google search with „<guildname> argent dawn”. Horde guilds: Orc Blackjaw Clan (Nomadic; not part of, but allied to the Horde) Fourteenth Legion (Grunts) Legion IX (Military) Orcs of the Red Blade (Nomadic) Worg Riders (Nomadic) Troll Alarion Alor Ai Darkspear Tribe Zandalari Empire Tauren The Spirit Wolves Undead (Forsaken) The Hand of Agony (Military, political) The Rotgarde (Military, political) Blood Elf Burning Ashes (Mercenary) Division Twenty Three (Military) Divison Forty Seven (Military) Gilded Coin (Mercenary/Black ops) House Rivorndir (House) Sun Hawks (Military, dragonhawk riders) Sunfury Covenant Sunglow Covenant (Learning & Adventuring) The Arcane Circle (Opposing the Kirin Tor) The Ashborne Incursion (Private military) The Dawnguard (Military) The Farstrider Regiment (Rangers) The Sanguine Eye (Blood elf fanatics) The Sunbrand (Military, priests) The Sunreaver Order (Dalaran representatives) The Sunspear (Military, inspired by The Sunsworn on Draenor) The Vacant Throne (Pro-blood elf and Light fanatics) Goblin Gearfist IBS The Cutthroat Cartel (Criminals) Pandaren Huojin Path (Horde aligned) The Silent Vigil (Shado-Pan, neutral) Multi-racial, Horde military and clans Blood Howl (Warband) Durakra Outriders (Mercenary) Hordes Shadow (Warband) Irontusk Vanguard (Military, Kalimdor Horde races only) Shadow Corps (Military, black ops) Shattered Path (Espionage) Sunforged (Paladins) The Bloodied Spear (Warband) The Bloodstorm Clan (Nomadic clan) The Ceaseless Cohort (Warrior cult) The Forlorn Legion (Penal military, basically Suicide Squad) The Frozen Paw Clan (New Horde Clan) The Mystic Demand (Reliquary) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Horde society Charred Council („Dark guardian” roleplay) Felshadow Dominion (Demonic cult) Fourfive Fingers (Criminal) Gilded Blades (Mercenary) Oath of Silver (Criminal) Primalsong Tribe (Nomadic, not part of the Horde) Shady Business (Criminal) Sixty Thieves (Criminal) The Blackguard (Mercenary) The Bone Shark (Privateers, pirate hunters) The Greedy Kraken (Pirate) the Iron Vulture (Air pirates on a goblin zeppelin) The Ravensun (Religious, shadow) Velvet Syndicate (Mercenary) Wheel of Entropy (Chaos Cult) Winds of Wisdom (Pandaren lifestyle, others are welcome to join) Multi-racial, Neutral Fealty to the Grave (Death Knight, Ebon Blade) The Argent Expedition (Argent Crusade) The Ashen Vanguard The Blackgarde (Argent Crusade inquisition) The Silver Gauntlet (Argent Crusade) The Tattered Court (Illidari) The Tide Howler (Sailor/pirate) Misc. Stonemaul Clan (Ogre) The Silver Sun (High Elf, Alliance aligned) Alliance guilds: Human Arathi Honour Guard (Arathi military) House of Darklaw (Alterac noble household) League of Arathor (Arathi politics and military) Night Watch Guard (Duskwood guard) Stormwind Infantry (Stormwind military) The Crown Bulwark (Stormwind guard) The Westfall Rangers (Westfall guard) Dwarf Anvilmar Iron Brigade (Military) The Three Hammers (Political, military, community) Gnome Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Military) Night Elf Moonleaf Grove (Traditional Kaldorei society) Nightsong Sentinels (Military) Shadowleaf Watchers (Military) The Highborne (Highborne community, politics, military) The Nightblade Sentinels (Military) The Starsong Sentinels (Military) Draenei Aldori Axiom (Military and faith) Ere Argus (Exodar commune) Nomads of Tureem (Nomadic community / adventures) Vestige of Shalaat (Community with some military) Worgen House of Tarsias (Gilnean noble house) The Duskenpaw (Feral worgen) Pandaren Tushui Multi-racial, Alliance military and closely bonded organisations Bael Modan (Gnome/dwarf community in Kalimdor) Baratide Naval Brigade (Naval military against the Legion) Blazing Shields (Stormwind military) Call of the Silver Hand (Paladins) Crusaders of Turalyon (Peacekeeping/enforcing, military) Knight of Stormwind (Stormwind military) Lightsworn (Knightly order, Menethil Harbor based) Northern Priory (Exploration, human/worgen) Order of the Sage (Magic school, quite universal) Sons of Menethil (Military, Menethil Harbor based, Northern EK RP-PvP) Stormwind Bureau (Stormwind intelligence, separate from SI:7) Stormwind City Guard (Stormwind military) Stormwind Royal Navy (Stormwind military) The Fallen Leaf (Peacekeepers—based on Pandaren culture) The Iron Thorn (Stormwind military) The Onyxguard (Duskwood guard & private military) The Royal Society (Authoritic faction, Stormwind based) The Steel Gauntlet (Stormwind military) The Sworn Swords (Knightly order, Northern EK RP-PvP, DM events) Triune of the Eclipse (NE/draenei/worgen circle) Unit Fourteen (Basically a suicide squad—DK, DH, etc in Ally military) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Alliance society Blacktalon Blinders (Criminal) Necromechanica (Dark scientists against darker threats) Nightshade Consortium (Dark magic practitioners in the Plaguelands) Silvershield Company (Mercenaries and some tradesmen) The Broken Tower (Adventuring knightly order) The Eldritch Covenant (Warlock/Shadow Priest circle of power) The Freelancers (Mercenaries, tradesmen, and adventurers) The Grey Banner (Militant order) The Rowdy Sparrows (Mercenary) The Settlers (Colonial, civilian survival) The Tide Raven (Pirate ship) The Wanderlust Company (Mercenary) Underhand (Demonic cult) Wayfaring Association (Explorers) Multi-racial, Neutral Illidari (dem bois) Kirin Tor Onslaught (Dalaran mages) Mardenholde Accord (Argent Crusade) Sable Chapter (Questing heroes and outcasts) Sanctum of Magic (Mage school in Dalaran) The Cenarion Guardians (Cenarion Circle) The Disciples of Terelian ( Multi-racial, focused on Bastion's Fall campaign storyline) The Ebon Vigil (Knights of the Ebon Blade) The Hunters League (literally that) The Kirin Dal (Dalaran mages) Misc. Bane (Scourge) Bastions Fall (scripted events revolving around the return of the Legion) Bayerleyn Retinue (more „realistic” medieval RP) The Frozen Covenant (Scourge, Cult of the Damned) Twilight Hammer (the Old God cult) Honorable mentions, since they’re not RP, but sought after by some: The Bulwark, a level 60 vanilla guild on Horde, and its Alliance counterpart: AfterlifeRedbone92 3d
06 Nov 2013 Raiding Progression - Argent Dawn. POST HERE > < ... The Nighthold - 10 bosses Alliance - Horde - The Emerald Nightmare - 7 Bosses Alliance Erandium (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Precariat (7/7N)(7/7HC) (1/7M) Bloodrune (7/7N) Inceptum (7/7HC) Immortalis (7/7N) (2/7HC) Rp raiding group RaidPlay (7/7N) Spear of Wrynn (5/7N) (7/7N) Shadow (7/7N) (7/7HC) Square One (7/7N) (1/7HC) Horde Oathsworn (7/7N) (7/7HC) (1/7M) Rotgarde (7/7N) Legalise Peacebloom (6/7HC) Safety Dance (7/7HC) (2/7M) Night Witches (7/7N) (2/7HC) Mythic (7/7N) (7/7HC) Mistfall (7/7N) (7/7HC) The Wyld Hunt (7/7N) (7/7HC) Steelsong (7/7N) (5/7HC) The Eclipsion Blade (7/7N) (7/7HC)Legebril500 06 Nov 2013
5m Let's get drawing, Argent Dawn! Vol. 3 ... Vol. 1: Vol. 2: Post your work! And feel free to ask for tips and feedback from others, we're a nice bunch here! Edit - some useful links: A list of some how to draw books & online learning: Tutorials & step-by-step images I've collected over time and happy to share with everyone Content last updated on April 30, 2016 Got a picture made of your character by someone? Art of your character(s) 5m
7m Argent Dawn General Chat Thread #255 Got the last couple bosses of heroic nightmare down today, some neat loot and a legendary but I'm also feeling more exhausted than usual and I have a small headache. Still, I would say that today was a good day.Selendras118 7m
9m What Religion does your character follow? There's plenty of things in Warcraft that can be considered a religion such as the Light, Shadow, Shamanism, Druidism and the Old Gods to name a few (but not all). What Religion does your character follow/worship? Although Kylaeia isn't really one for heavy Religion, she's a follower of the Light.Kylaeia77 9m
10m Do something about Piccolo of the Flaming Fire For countless months and possibly years, we've been put down by the Piccolo of the Flaming Fire by lollers. I'm suggesting the following: A) A full scale ban on this toy on RP servers. B) Limit the actions use for only those in the person using the toys' party. This way, people aren't going to be hit by this toy. Edit: FURTHER OPTIONS FOR CHANGE: C) Allowing players to click off the 'buff'/debuff. D) Creating an anti-toy that's easy to getå16 10m
15m Lovely Boys [H]RP - #2 Hello, the following is a message from Arnerous who at this time cannot use the forums and has therefore asked me to post it in his stead: dear argent dawns, it is i, arnerous, your beloved boy. despite my previous efforts, i am still lacking lovely boys. unfortunately, though many of you commented on my plans for the future, none of you wished to devote yourselves to me. also, my dank response to that futa draenei who called me gay only gone and got me done banned from the forums, so i am 100% mad and angry for this too because that is the second time that meme and gone and got me done banned. pls take the time out of ur lonely days to view this video i gone and made. i really hope it may encourage some of you to be lovely boys. also for the last time no girls pls this is rly stressing me now tbh with you. id say constructive criticism is welcome but tbh it isnt because i am perfect and anyone who disagrees is an elyans. /w me, kwazango or alaeria IG if after this video you have an interest in boys.Kwazango34 15m
15m Heroes vs Villains Dynamic in RP I've just recently finished watching TWD ep01s07, and I really loved Jeffrey Dean Morgan's performance as Negan. It reminded me of that earlier thread that briefly contained a discussion pertaining the dynamics of villains vs heroes in RP. What made me a little sad is that all the aspects that made Negan such an amazing villain cannot be emulated in RP. At least never to such an extent. First of all the character was played by a brilliant actor. I think even the best writers would struggle to bring so much life to their characters with just words what some actors can accomplish with their overwhelming screen presence. But your generic human male is stuck having the same body language as every other human male, same shape, face, and no voice. Secondly, and more importantly, Negan had such overwhelming control over the scene. This is what made him so menacing. He had everybody by the balls. The kind of control you can only dream of having in RP because it would be equivalent to having a whole guild as hostage, and the power to brutally kill or maim a select few characters played by real people, not some throwaways made for the sake of the event. That's just not going to happen. So while a writer might just create a compelling villain that could rival the on-screen villains he'd still have to create circumstances in which the villain has control. That is, in my opinion, the key to making a good villain. Maybe I'm running short on imagination here but can you imagine a good villain character who does not have any sort of control whatsoever? Can you think of any famous villain that did not kill off a major character to piss the protagonist(s) off? Same goes for protagonists: what makes for a compelling hero then? Many things, of course, but when looked at from the perspective of someone who wants to RP a villain opposing the said hero, I think what makes for an interesting hero is someone who has something to lose, something they are willing to fight for. Someone you can affect psychologically. This is why I've currently come to the conclusion that most demon hunters, for example, make for very poor protagonists from an aspiring villain's perspective. These guys have nothing to lose. You don't have to take my word for it, they keep saying it themselves. "I've sacrificed everything." It's just no fun to oppose a protagonist that is psychologically unshakable and also absurdly powerful. Just to wrap it up before the post gets absurdly long I think that an antagonist is as good as the protagonist. They complete each-other because they oppose each-other and thus define each-other. A villain cannot be a threat if he cannot gain control. If he cannot take something from the hero, challenge the hero beyond just having another emote fight with no satisfactory outcome. Likewise, if the villain remains in complete control the whole time then the hero becomes just another victim. It's a two way street.Varalorne20 15m
16m Would you date the character above you? #202 Last thread got full so here we go again. The community needs love.Lydia453 16m
27m Argent Dawn Heroes of the Storm Thread #1 As asked by Ahake on the General Chat thread, and due to being a thread open for Overwatch talk, perhaps it may be best to have HotS news and discussion be put into a single thread. At least that way, the General Chat threads don't become clogged. I'll start: Who are you most eager to play as, Chromie or Medivh?Skrauhg306 27m
43m Argent Dawn on Plug DJ 1. Treat everyone with respect, don't argue solely to argue. 2. No spamming in chat. 3. No Troll, Meme, Religious or political songs, I.E anything that could or is related to any political party or ideology past or present.* 4. No mass queueing the same artist and/or song. 5. No songs that will blow out anyones eardrums or speakers. 6. No songs exceeding a limit of seven (7) minutes.** 7. Moderators may choose to remove DJers who go AFK. 8. Moderators have the last say in what is or can be in violation of all above.*** * Folk and traditional music may or may not be allowed unless there is any political, religious themes. ** In some cases longer songs are allowed aslong as it is not longer for the purpose of griefing or trolling. *** Violating any of the above may or may not result in temporary bans or if need be permanent bans. 43m
46m <Night Witches> Horde Raiding Community Hello there, champion of the Horde! Are you interested in raiding in Legion? Night Witches, a raiding community that has together tackled many raids over the years, is recruiting more people! What can we offer you? Three raids a week, Wed, Thur and Mon, 20-23 realm time. Heroic difficulty, now taking our first steps into Mythic. A pleasant atmosphere full of people old and young, veterans and newbies alike, where everyone friendly is welcome and where mistakes are met with offers of assistance rather than harsh words. A raiding group in which you do not have to join the guild itself to participate but where everyone is still treated the same (no loot or community bias) - indeed, even one of the raid officers is outside the guild. This makes the group ideal for roleplayers who want to stay in their RP guilds but are not content with pugging normal.What will you need? You will need a certain level of gear, 835-840 (the higher the better) for Heroic. This is easily obtainable through world quests and the occasional mythic dungeon. You will need Mumble. You will not need to speak, but it is crucial that you listen to the instructions of the raid leader. Otherwise, all you need is a good head on your shoulders, a wide smile and a bit of patience!Loot rules are simple and clear. Master Looter is no longer a thing in Legion, but the raid achieves a similar end through using Group Loot; everyone but the raid leader passes on items dropped, including trash loot, and she then hands out the items depending on various factors such as the item replaced (the one for whom it is the biggest upgrade in item levels almost always receives it), current item level, and secondary stats. If your class is able to fulfill multiple roles, it is appreciated if you are familiar and capable in more than one, but it is by no means a requirement. The raid leader is Zennach, and the raid officers are Brutonian, Othrelos and Dorgath. Contact any of them if you have questions or wish to join. Social rules: 46m
47m [Rp campaign] Forgotten wastelands- Progress thread. This is the progress thread for the forgotten wastelands campaign. Here you can write down quick note on what happened for each guild or faction. Things like: - Areas claimed/lost. - Wins or loses. - Reinforcements/supplies. - relations between the different factions in Desolace. It will also be used to inform to inform anyone about oncoming big events that are part of the campaign.Gardull20 47m
1h (A) too late to start raiding EN? hello all. ive recently moved to AD for a fresh start & in the hope of finding a raiding guild. i appreciate ive left it a little late to get into it now, as so many guilds are way into heroics & mythics & probably arent interested in a sub 850 healer. certain things have had to take a priority over any kind of raid schedule, but they have now all been sorted & its time to crack on. if any guilds are interested in a resto shammy, even at this late stage, then i would be very interested in having a chat. i do have previous raid xp going back to vanilla, tbc, wrath, etc & a few curves thrown in too. im looking to raid 3 nights a week, with sundays & wednesdays being preferable & one other, with a start time of 20.00 game time. this might sound like im being picky, im really not, but due to work these are the times i can get home & make raid invites comfortably. ty for taking the time to read my post & hopefully hear from someone soon :)Waterbaby0 1h
1h <A RP><Scourge><BANE> Website: Argent archives: Goal: Facilitating our cause, the Scourge, whilst sewing fear and chaos amongst all who dare stand against us. Faction: Alliance. Guild status: Active and recruiting. Recruiting Officer(s): Vaxir, Karalíe, Caersworn, Dollei, Balthäzar, Nevedrus. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... The guild is run by Vaxir, the Overlord, and her infamous Blood Council. People may join the guild in a few different ways: You can come find us, though you'll likely have a poor reception with this method as we are forced to defend ourselves against new faces. You may also use the IC recruitment method below if you're not yet wanted within Alliance territory or you may join IC'ly as an unwilling slave. Previously, Bane was all about antagonism, being the bad guy and having bad guys around with a secret, hidden goal that only the higher ranked members ever found out about - Bane was Scourged aligned. This time around, it is public knowledge. Though last time it worked well, we have decided that being a Scourge guild is for all to be in the know of. Even though the guild is Scourge based, the ranks are open to any miscreants wishing power and to gain a dominant foothold in the world. 'Alliances can be made with the Blood Master; though you may not be Scourge, though you may not want to follow the right path, we will take you in... as an ally.' Where chaos is concerned, Bane may accept alliances with chaotic individuals and groups if this is beneficial. The lowliest order of thieves, petty and weak, can be backed by Bane... if they pay the right price in blood. Nearly all types of character are welcome, though we aim to keep the standard of role play at a consistently high quality regardless of the numbers we may achieve. If you're not at that level when you meet us, there are plenty of volunteers that have been RP'ing for a number of years on different characters from different walks of life and will have no problem helping you out if you have lore or RP questions. As Bane is a Scourge guild, all members are expected to respect that and act accordingly. This means, by logic, a member wouldn't be a Priest of the Light or a Paladin. The ideals and goals of the Scourge are almost divine rule and direct the general direction of the guild as a whole, though this doesn't mean the guild doesn't take other paths for role play. Depending on the date and time, anything can happen. Role play is role play and we are all about having fun whilst keeping that sense of logic and quality. Whereas the guild is primarily based on role play, we also focus on other things such as PvE and PvP when desired. Events are provided at times, as are mini story lines. People are welcome to join them, even if not a part of the guild. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Vaxir23 1h
1h [A-RP-Event] Stormwind Poetry Appreciation Society(#50) Stormwind Poetry Appreciation Society is a poetry club run by Bertel Wobblespring, who every other week host a meeting, open for all to participate in. The purpose of these meetings are to give everyone who might have interest in poetry a chance to share their passion. - Just show up to one of the meetings, leave a comment in this thread, or send an in-game mail to Bertel with a sample of your work. - From the first meeting: ... NOTE!!! New Location! Next meeting will be Friday the 28th of October at 8Pm (server time) in the new park area near the memorial monument of King Wrynn in Stormwind 1h
1h [H-RP Event] Hallow's End Fancy Dress Party! Date: 28/10/2016 Time: 20:00 Server Time Location: Greymane Manor Faction: Horde Hosts: Yae(ana) The Velvet Syndicate is happy to present an upcoming Hallow's End fancy dress party! Open to all members of the Horde who wish to spend an evening away from the harsh times of the war and enjoy a few drinks and a few laughs. We'll be holding several mini-events and games for everyone to participate and will have a Fancy Dress contest with prizes for the best costumes! Guests will be arriving around 19:45 and the doors will open shortly afterwards. After that mingle and enjoy the evening with the many dressed guests of the Horde and friends. OOC details The party will be an open RP event hosted by The Velvet Syndicate. People are free to come along at their leisure. There will be a number of mini games throughout the night for everyone to get involved with. Such games include team based games, charades, guessing games (Maybe even a food fight!) and much more! The big attraction is the fancy dress contest which will be lead by judges who will decide the best costumes! A number of prizes will be handed out through the night too! Frequently Asked Questions What should I wear? Anything you want! It can be Halow's End themed, or a character from Lore or something special! Do I have to come in fancy dress? Not at all, anyone is free to turn up for the festivities fancy dress or no fancy dress. Why Greymane Manor? The Manor is a nice big open area with a very spooky backdrop and theme. We felt it was the perfect place to hold the event. Who to contact YaeanaYaeana4 1h
1h [H-Rp] The Blackpaw Regiment - Pandaren Rp The Blackpaw Regiment. A Horde scouting regiment consisting of Pandaren loyal to the Horde. * A post on the Ogrimmar Noticeboard reads* "The Blackpaw Regiment, looking for available scouts in the Region. we are a band of Pandaren Rangers. We are the Pandaren who remembers the crimes of the Alliance" *the post is market with a black stamp of a paw* Rankings ... ... ... ... ... ... The guild Rp will be a simple Pandaren scouting regiment, with the theme of Extreme hate against the Alliance, and demons ofc, we might not be so many players, but we will value Quality over Quantity. The Rp of the guild will be as simple we can make it. It will be a simple rolling system, without keeping track of health points or Experience or talents. However, we will expect every member to make sure they aren't invulnerable on they're ownLaochei31 1h
1h Pandaren Role Play Hello, is there any active Pandaren society on the Alliance? I love the whole Pandaren thing going on in this game.Cho47 1h
2h Next Class Race combo? If you were in charge then which would be the next logical playable class-race combo in your mind? For the sake of fun feel free to make a list or even tiered of multiple combos. I think that some combos just have to be added since we see them ingame, such as: Paladin Night Elf (Delas Moonfang) Paladin Undead (Sir Zeliek, I understand this is controversial but I personally wanna see it.) Death Knight Pandaren (Gravewalker Gie) Rogue Draenei (Altauur, Erdanii and other implied rangari) Draenei Druid Not lore supported currently but Ive seen enough art to wanna have it regardless. Blizzard could write up lore to make them fit with ease seeing how draenei and night elves lived very close from day one. 2h
2h [RP campaign] The forgotten wastelands Gardul opened his eyes after a deep slumber, shaking from the vision he just had. This was not a normal sleep, the entire clan was shocked when he simply fell and did not wake up. Was he dead? Sick? Or was there something else... His sudden awakening had surprised them just as much as when he lost his conciousness. His most trusted councilor was at his side, and had cared for him from the start. "...Fungal..." He said with effort, clearly he had not fully regained his strength. "...The the others...". While the majority of the forces of Azeroth are focusing on the demons on the broken isles another threat would rise. The centaurs of maraudon have been corrupted by a fel taint and are now being controlled by the legion. they are tasked with protecting a artifact which the legion will use for mass destruction. OOC details What will be happening? The forces of Azeroth will once again have to team to stop another demon invasion, this one bigger then ever. The legion could attack anywhere, sometimes through direct attacks and other times in other means. The legion has corrupted the maraudon centaurs and is using them to protect a very powerfull artifact which they will be using. This artifact is currently being kept in maraudon and is charging up so that they can use it. If they are not stopped the legion can use this artifact to cause massive destruction across the whole of our world. In order to do so we will have to defeat different legion forces in desolace and aswell either team up or destroy the remaining centaur tribes that could work against us. This will be done in a campaign which will last for about two weeks. Every guild is able to host smaller events for themselves and others, and big massive attacks will be organised against the main legion footholds and remaining centaur tribes. When will it happen? This campaign will start at the 24th of october and will last for about two weeks. Where will this campaign happen? The majority of this campaign will be held in Desolace. Both the horde, alliance and neutral forces are assigned a base which they can use during the campaign. For the horde it will be shadowprey village, for the alliance Nijel's point and the neutral forces like the cenarion circle can use the cenarion wildlands. Ofcourse you are free to find another spot for your guild to use, but please do not simply claim one without contacting me since the area might be used for the campaign. Who will be leading this assault? Every third day during this campaign the commanders of the assault will be meeting to discuss their further advancing against the legion. These commanders will be selected by the leaders of the attending guilds, each guild will get the chance to send one person to those meetings as a commander of the campaign, these may be the guildleader or a officer. In order to sign up we will only request that you fill in this form and copy it to the comment section. Individuals do no need to sign up but we will appreciate if you notice us if you wish to join. Guildname: Faction: Contact: Battle tag contact: If anyone has questions about this campaign please feel free to contact me on Gardull or by adding my battletag: Crirath#2491.Gardull79 2h
2h [A-RP] The Crooked Peace: Honour Among Thieves It's about time law enforcement got as organised as organised crime. “You might think that the rules which govern your towns and cities are important, but the sacred pacts which bind the crooks and cut-throats of this land are written in blood. Even the lawless need laws, lest we be no better than the animals who call the dark woodlands home. In these uncertain times, when hellfire pours from the very skies above, I cannot offer you security, but I can offer you the only thing a truly resourceful deviant needs: Opportunity. The opportunity to earn coin. The opportunity to hone your blade. The opportunity not only to survive the war to end all wars, but to thrive. Pledge yourself to the Crooked Peace, and I will show you what it means to be feared.” Who are we? The Crooked Peace is a criminal RP guild, built of thugs and gangsters who are driven purely by their desire for wealth and power. We aim to dabble in all manner of disreputable undertakings, and to establish ourselves as an formidable band of ne’er-do-wells. We recruit everyone from Slippery merchants to bonafide scum bags, with the objective of become big players in the Azerothian underworld. The name “Crooked Peace” refers to an uneasy alliance between the many different kinds of scoundrel we welcome, that is ultimately held in check by the crime lord Tessalyn Reeve. We work in cohesion with other criminal factions, so our members may have outside affiliations to groups such as the Ravenholdt Assassins, or Southsea Freebooters. Where are we? Ours is an Alliance guild, although lore wise we’re neutral. We aim to use the Underbelly in Dalaran as our main hub, whilst also hanging out in Booty Bay, Duskwood, and other shady locations, all across Azeroth. We are NOT a Stormwind Gang guild, although we may pop up in the capital every now and then. Rules and requirements. Our intention is to create an environment that is both fun, and has a high standard of roleplay, so a certain quality of roleplay is a must. I hope to steer away from the negative stigma around criminal RP, and as such the grooming process for the guild will be thorough, with an emphasis on quality over quantity. In regards to race/class combinations, we will not accept Paladins, Death Knights, or Demon Hunters. Characters of races that are inherently “good” (such as Draenei and Pandaren) are welcome to apply, but will be placed under a higher level of scrutiny, and will need a strong justification for playing a character aligned with the Crooked Peace’s morals. We’re all here because we want to have fun, so out of character hostility and blatant cyberbullying is a huge red flag. Other than that, general politeness and cordiality are very much appreciated.This is, of course, in terms of OOC interactions. ICly you can be as foul and repulsive as you damn well please. Extra bits and pieces. That pretty much covers everything that comes to mind, but if you have any other questions, you’re more than welcome to ask. If you’re interested in joining the Crooked Peace, feel free to contact me in-game, or on this thread. I hope this interests you. If not, we can still be friends, I guess. Happy roleplaying, everyone! Tessalyn63 2h
2h [A-RP] The Broken Settlement - Outlaw Township Introduction Hello all who read this, The Broken Settlement is a guild that intends to play on a niche that I personally have never seen done before. We hope to provide engaging RP, that allows for consistent character development. Read on if the concept of an Outlaw Vigilante Community/Township interests you! Our IC Goals The Broken Settlement was formed to combat rampant crime in the Eastern Kingdoms, and while we do so illegally, we are confident it is a just cause. With the Alliance's current focus being the Legion Invasion, the common man has either turned to banditry and crime, or is falling victim to banditry and crime. This is where we come in, as a bastion of hope to those that are sick of the Alliance's incompetence and sheer lack of willingness to help those that cannot help themselves. We provide a home for those people, and anyone who wishes to join us, whilst also offering the opportunity to enact vigilante justice on the wrongfully unpunished. Our OOC Goals On an OOC level, we hope to provide community RP outside of the main RP hubs such as Stormwind and Redridge. Not just community RP however, we will be providing combat RP, DM'd events, cross-guild events, and township events (more on that in a minute). While I understand, that due to the nature of the guild, being outlaws and all, that this sort of deters random encounters in RP, due to the fact that we are out of the RP hubs, and in doing so, we unwillingly promote more guild bubble RP, I'd like to reassure you we aim to balance this out with cross-guild interactions. Outlaw Vigilante Township perfectly describes what we're going for here. Event Types, and Our Own Twist DM'd Events From events that last a single night, to campaigns that have the potential to span months, the variety in DM'd events we can offer is ridiculous, however our focus when it comes to DM'd events will be the hunting of bandit groups, the capture of influential criminals, and protecting innocents as well as various other settlements from bandit raids. We can form rivalries with criminal organisations, that results in the kidnap of one of our own, and we have to organise a rescue party. We can ambush illegal slave traders using guerrilla hit and run war tactics. We can sneak into an illegal establishment in the dead of night and shut down an entire operation in one fell swoop. While our focus is on apprehending criminals, there is no limit to the various ways we can execute these events, in terms of their content, their backstory, and the events leading up to them. Cross-Guild Events There are a million and one ways we can interact with other guilds, however there are a few particular ways in which I envision other guilds wanting to interact with us and do events with us. The primary type of interaction is cat and mouse. This works with both criminal guilds and Alliance military/guard guilds. Because while we hunt criminals, we are by law, criminals ourselves, and are hunted by the Alliance, which could lead to some very interesting interaction on both accounts. Your guild could be that group of smugglers that are getting drugs and narcotics into the local populations, and we would be obligated to try and put an end to you! Or your guild could be that guard branch that is dedicated to the neutralization of vigilante gatherings. Either way, we could have a lot of fun with it. Community/Township Events While we are essentially at war with the world around us, that doesn't mean that at our core we aren't a family, a community, which means we celebrate each other's trivial accomplishments, like birthdays. It means we rejoice when one of our own has returned to us after weeks of them being missing. It means that we hold gatherings and feasts, and hold drinking competitions, and hell, even bake offs! It means that whatever we do, we do it as a group, to only further our relationship with each other. Our Own Twist Returning to the first two event styles; DM'd events/campaigns, and Cross-guild events/campaigns. I'm sure it's safe to assume, that by this point, you think that we kill the criminals we apprehend. But I assure you, that is only half the truth. As a guild, we implement our own justice system, which ties in perfectly with the nature of our events. When we apprehend criminals, and force bandit groups to surrender to us, we do not simply kill them, unless of course they try to kill us (in which case they are most likely guilty, anyway). Once in our custody, the NPC's from our DM'd events, or the characters that we encounter, shall face a trial, in which they are presented with the opportunity to plead their innocence, or admit their guilt. The guild is their judge, the guild is their jury, the guild is their executioner. At the end of every trial, there will then be a debate, where the men and women of the Settlement argue why the accused should be punished for their crimes, or why they are not guilty of the crimes they are accused of. After which, a vote will be held. This vote will decide the fate of the accused, this vote will decide whether or not the accused dies. Whether or not they are set free. And whether or not they receive a punishment more appropriate to the nature of their crime. I believe this will create positive internal conflict between guild members, depending on what they believe, and opens up for some brilliant character interaction and development, especially if the accused character is an RPer, and not an NPC.Dastan16 2h
3h [N, Dragon RP] Community - Scalesworn Accord As a continuation of our previous thread: we are a dragon role-players community that seek to promote this new (and kind of experimental) form of role-playing. Togheter, we boost our courage, discuss about the world and organize projects. The community has been less active as of recently. However, with the comming of the Burning Legion and the Nightmare, the dragons shall play a global role in the war for the safety of Azeroth. The dragon community itself is welcoming of any dragon, dragonsworn and even dragonfriend role-player that seeks a form of dragon-related RP. While we want to provide to people a place where they can cultivate this new form of role-playing and are therefore welcoming towards anyone, bear in mind that it is not advised to role-play a dragon without the experience and ability to potray an overall still-discussed concept. As such, anyone found out breaking lore, causing drama within the community, insulting people and avoiding other forms of civil behavour will be adressed as detrimental to the whole community and we will take severe actions against these players. Anyone in willing to get in contact with our community can /join dragonRP. We welcome dragonsworns, dragons and even sympathizers (as long as the chat mantains a civil tone). Due to past issues and after discussing with some players of the community, we have chosen to be more restrictive in the 'Scalesworn Accord' group. Only a few members of the community will be allowed within the Scalesworn Accord and only after passing an OOC interview and IC introduction. Other dragon role-players that still want to interact with us are welcome to do so. In-Game Channel: dragonRP F.A.Q. Is it a guild? What is the Scalesworn Accord? No, we are not a guild. The Scalesworn Accord is an union of dragon-related roleplayers that seek such a new, apparently (recently) welcomed form of role-play. We will organize monthly meetings (as we currently do) and we’ll try to provide more events to the community. We seek to be acknowledged as not only a tolerated part of the server, but even welcomed and respected. Keep in mind: being a member of the Accord does not require being inside our guild and IC agents that join a lesser being's organization are encouraged and even supported. You distinguished between the Scalesworn Accord and a community? Due to past issues and our free-for-all attitude, some drama occurred. While our community is democratic and welcoming, these events forced me to take a more severe stance to avoid further unfortunate events. Therefore, the official members of the Scalesworn - the sole truly representative of our quality - will no longer be represented by the entire community of dragons but only a more restricted circle deemed mature enough not to engage idiotic behavour. What is your goal? The Scalesworn Accord are a group of idealistic dragons vaguely associated with the Wyrmrest Accord who consider themselves an extension of such an order's will and purpose. The scalesworn seek to mantain and carry the values the dragonflights epitomize in this new age of mortals (order, life, magic, dream, time). Following the current dragonflights' lore, we have two main goals. First of all, we seek to safeguard Azeroth through the values entrusted upon us by the Titans: life, time, magic, dream. Such a task involves educating the lesser races to higher values, discouraging indirect threats such as warlocks and fighting against active threats like the Old Gods' minions and the Burning Legion. Due to such a project, we may not only clash against the enemies of Azeroth but even cooperate with the lesser races, encouraging and mantaining a civilized culture worthy of the ones that shall inherit the planet's future. A second goal, less ambitious but necessary, is to find our place within the Age of Mortals without forsaking our identity. Basically, it involves the survival of the dragons as a race, either by safeguarding the few remaining whelps or mending our inability to lay eggs. This theme is subjective and collective at the same times, tough only dragons may be touched directly, such a tragic feeling may be felt within the guild. What about the current lore of the Dragonflight? The current lore states that the Wyrmrest Accord does survive – therefore Nozdormu, Alexstrasza and Ysera still wish for their alliance and union to continue. Kalec has disbanded the Blue Dragonflight, so what the individual blue dragons do is mostly up to them. We are simply working to keep this union useful. As such, the Scalesworn Accord considers itself an expression of the Aspects' common will. Alright! I’m a dragon too, i want to be part of this. Our community is rather small and, at times, inactive. However there are those who support the idea. Feel free to contact one of us in-game to receive an invite. We are looking for mature, experienced role-players. Please, take note that our form of RP requires a certain skill; not only because it’s hard, but because there are still some prejudices around. If you are new to role-playing, you may wish to try a different concept or start as a dragonsworn. If you meet only once per month, what do you do in the rest of your time? Those of us who display a certain amount of activity can meet informally between each other, developping their own plots. We encourage to drop into the greater world outside, interacting with other people than the community itself and egaging exciting storylines! Next official meeting: saturday 13 august at 8.15 server time. Useful links: Website: Previous thread: Dragon Bestiary: Guide to DragonRP: 3h
3h Nighthold Voicefiles: Hello. I thought these voicefiles deserved their own thread, so yes. Possessed Illidan: Sounds like you'll be fighting Illidan much like it happened in the Black Temple. Archmage Khadgar: Gul'dan: - "Have you forgotten your humiliation on the Broken Shore? How your precious High King was bent and broken before me. Will you beg for your lives as he did? Whimpering like some worthless dog." - "Have you forgotten your humiliation on the Broken Shore? How your mighty Warchief was stuck in the belly like a helpless piglet. Will you die slowly as he did? Consumed by fel corruption and squealing for a merciful end." - "Your pathetic Alliance will fall to dust. Your new boy king will bow down and serve me! As will all of you!" - "Your pathetic Horde will fall to dust. In the end death will inheret this world and she will be waiting." - "I... am Gul'dan! I... am Darkness Incarnate! It cannot end... like this!" His last quote is a throwback to Warcraft 3, it was the same thing he said when he died in the Tomb of Sargeras. This was what I needed.Vanguish67 3h
3h [A-RP] The Legends of Azeroth want YOU! As we said in the concept post ( ), we would come forward with information and a recruitment posts once everything is settled. So here it is! The project has been renamed to “The Legends of Azeroth”, and the guild has been made. Here follows most of the info we put in our previous post, but with some updated information! [Disclaimers] This project will not be part of the “Main RP community” of Argent Dawn. Everything we do, say and see will be done within a closed guild to not interfere with regular RP, since it is something that’s considered taboo within the main community. [The Guild] The reason we came up with this project is to give people a chance to go that one step further. To give you, as a roleplayer, the chance to become so much more than is normally possible while still holding on to the general (though unwritten) rules of behaviour within RP. As mentioned before, this guild will not be part of the main community, but work inside it’s own personal bubble. [The Concept] To give you as best of a view as possible, I’ll sum up some of the core elements within this guild. The people who are part of this guild will not be mere footman or magi, this group of 36 will be a coalition of the actual Legends of Azeroth, those that have fought valiantly throughout the years and who obtained their own Artifact weapon. – Yes, artifact. Each one person will have possession of 1 of the 36 artifacts, no duplicates will be in the guild. That being said, we are aware of the fact that there are several artifacts per class. To counter this, class councils have been created ICly where the artifact wielder of the same class will come together to be the leaders of their respective order. That being said, there is no IC difference in power. Everyone in the guild is equal. But… If you are to be one of these legends, it must be logical for your char to be one. We want to give people as much freedom as possible within the realm of possibilities. So yes, you can ride a Proto Drake if you damn well please to. But being a Blue Dragon, it would not make much sense to do so, riding a blue drake on the other hand (Or transforming into one, pretty much.) would be logical. All this needs to be considered, and have a good background story as to how you obtained it. Behind everything you are and do/did, a good story must be made. All together, this guild will give you as a player the possibility to become a true legend, to RP as someone you would never be able to be in conventional RP. To relax in a community of players that all have done amazing things and seen the most epic of battles. All of this, without breaking the main roleplaying community we all love so dearly. Once again, this is a closed guild. You need not to worry that this is going to affect mainstream RP. So, to sum this up in a nice little list: - 36 heroes, one of each class spec. - Each hero has his/her own unique artifact weapon. - Each class will have a personal council within the guild. - Each hero has a logical race/class combination. - Most of the available mounts can be used, as long as it is logical for your character to do so. - Your story must be strong, and plausible for your char. After all, you are no mere footman. - This is a CLOSED community, no interference with the mainstream RP on AD. Cannot stress this enough. [OOC info] ICly, the members will be equal. OOCly though, a core “council” will be established to work on recruitment and upholding good RP spirit within the guild itself. Interviews for joining the guild will be done through mostly Skype and the likes. A special forum will be made for the members to write their background stories and what not. We will not be using Argent Archives, since that is for the main community of Argent Dawn. Which we, once again, are not a part of in this guild. We will however, be following the unwritten rules of behaviour in RP like: No meta gaming, no power-emoting, splitting OOC from IC, etc.Evaanaria90 3h
4h The Infinite Dark - New Raffle! The Infinite Dark - A Server Initiative! ... Greetings, fellow Argents! This is a renewed project of ours dating back about two years. We hope it will inspire and encourage active interaction between individuals and guilds on an immense scale throughout the server. The Concept IC A mysterious celestial meteor has crashed into Azeroth. Its shards have been strewn across the world and are said to contain immense power. The denizens of Azeroth may unexpectedly stumble across these shards and may attempt to use them for whatever purpose they desire. OOC The idea behind the project is to provide roleplayers on Argent Dawn with an incentive to actively work both with and against one another in order to advance further along the plotline. The project is also meant to add a competitive element to roleplay and give both guilds and individuals a way of measuring their success. This would be done by counting the amount of shards you possess. “I have four shards. How many have you got, scrub?” Due to the nature of these items and the influence they will hopefully have. No one will ever have all of them. However, acquiring a certain amount of shards will grant you certain bonuses and rewards. These rewards will not have an impact on your daily roleplay, nor will it enhance your character in any considerable way (we’ll mention some these further down). You do not need to sign up for this project. You can simply let it play out in your day to day roleplay. This project will not be controlled in any way by admins or other people. What happens during the course of this plotline is entirely up to its participants. You are completely free to cheat and backstab your way to possession of these shards. However, if you do manage to get a certain amount of shards, you will be rewarded through glimpses of what is to come. To whomever collects all of the shards, there will be a special event hosted by yours truly where the plotline reaches its pinnacle. Depending on certain elements, you may be the only one to ever know how this story ended. There are two rules to this project. The first is that whoever hands over a shard to another player for a period longer than three days must send a letter to either Ashgrove or Velarthrien saying who you are and who you gave the shard to. This is to ensure that no shards magically appear or disapear. If a player is absent for a longer period of time, we will simply declare that that player’s shards are not the actual shards and assign them to a new player. The second rule is that the shardowners must make a monthly post, a rumour to both let everyone know that they are active, as well as encourage new players to step into the game. Mechanics of the Shards Each Shard grants the wielder regenerative powers. If anyone holds a shard in his or hers possession for about two weeks they begin to heal old scars and wounds. They also begin to regenerate lost limbs. Note that the Shard does not heal you on the spot. It is a very slow process and can thus not be used in combat situations or similar scenarios. Undead would gain a slight sensation of euphoria, comparable to being alive once again. Only when five shards are combined, the wielder is made impervious to disease, infections and general illness. Undead also begin to experience sensations as if they were alive once more. Something else is also bestowed upon the wielder of five shards... accompanied with a slowly increasing lust to find the remaining shards, a strong urge to uncover the truth behind these mysterious shards. Keep in mind that the shards can only merge into one when all necessary shards are present (You need five shards to merge them into one, you can’t merge two into one etc). After this point, the admins will be updating whoever holds the shards! Attributes and Appearence of the Shards All shards look exactly the same. They are transluscent and hold a faint teal colour which seem even stronger at its core. The entirety of the shard seem to pulsate with a strange shimmer. Upon touching the shard, the shimmer extends onto your hand. The shards are about the size of a human palm. They weigh slightly less than the average rock of that size. A vague inscription can be seen on the shard. The language is unlike anything any man or woman on Azeroth would ever have seen. Even the most skilled of magi would have great difficulty in uncovering the mysteries within these shards. If anyone would throw any sort of spell at the shards, it will be reflected instantly. The shards’ capabilities do not extend to other objects, however. Socketing the shard into your armor or a weapon would not make the armor reflect magic. Only direct hits against the shards will reflect any spells. If anyone would attempt to destroy the shard with an object, the object will shatter shower them with shrapnel with a force equal to what was applied. If an owner of a shard is separate from it for a longer period of time, they get a strong sense of loss. They will feel as if they have lost a part of their own power. The Orb, aka "the Parent Shard": Initially found at the crash site in the Storm Peaks by a band of adventurers, the Orb is similar to the other shards - but not quite the same. The Orb is about twice the size of the other shards. It shares many of the traits of the other shards. It has the same teal colour and is translucent. It is also covered in the very same markings as the shards. It shares most of the other shards' attributes. It reflects spells and shatters steel when under physical attack. It does not heal the owner, however. What makes the orb different from the other shards than its size is a very important feature. It will aid its owner in tracking down the other owners of the shards. The details as to how exactly it helps its owner will be known only to them. How to get a Shard of your own: Initially, this is a very simple process. You let us know by posting on this thread that you want to get your hands on one of these shards. If there are any left, we will contact you and tell you that you may now either have one shard in your possession, or you may go about finding it any way you please (hosting an event of your own where you find it, or perhaps even just finding it in a sewer, be creative!). We will then list your name here on the forum thread as one of the owners of the twenty shards. If all the shards have been taken already, the task is up to you to get them for yourself! We would also like to encourage the owners of the shards to not hold onto them too hard. If people don’t think they can get the shards off you, they will not even bother. Then neither of you will enjoy the project! Allow yourself to lose your shard so that you can try even harder to get it back! I didn’t get one, am I excluded from the Project? NO. This project is meant to create roleplay for everyone, not just the twenty owners of the shards. Just because you haven’t got one doesn’t mean you can’t get one. The only difference is that you don’t have one from the start of the project and that you will have to get shards of your own from the players who have them. Remember that the shards are only meant to act as an incentive for you to pursue them and get roleplaying with everyone else who are after them. Let the hunt for these shards create a whole story for you and your friends! All initial shards have been handed out. You can no longer get a shard from the admins at this time. If any undesirable events lead to two people arguing over who has their shard, you can contact me(Ashgrove) at Argalefz#2779 about it and I'll help you figure it out. :P Previous Threads: AA Articles: 4h
5h [A-RP] The Citizen Congress "Ignored, disgraced, exploited, the people of the Alliance continue each day in heavy toil, fueling the war machine, providing the resources required for us to survive. Their sacrifice is what keeps the Alliance going...yet they are forgotten by their leaders. War...war never ends. More so, institutions that are supposed to be protecting the common folk are being subverted from within, turning against the people they claim to protect. The war against the demons has everyone on edge, Alliance guilds focus on fighting on the Isles while our home cities are slowly taken over from within. In these circumstances, stability must be regained. For this purpose, The Citizen Congress announces its return. Having been the institution that the common man could appeal to in the past, with a history of defending the interests of the masses, The Citizen Congress returns to usher in stability, unity and progress." Greetings, In recent years I noticed less initiatives that involve open RP and more internal guild RP.(There have been a few events, but compared to the past there is a decline.) Many have told me that bubble-RP has become predominant on AD. Even from its early days, The Citizen Congress sought to oppose the trend of bubble-RP by involving as many people as were willing to participate in the RP it generated. The involvement was deep, even in our guild meetings where outsiders could attend and propose motions or petitions. Daily hearings, big public events and an overall serious approach to political RP has been our trademark. In popular fashion, the leadership of the guild is going to be determined by you, the players, through elections. The person with the most support will become the new President of The Citizen Congress. Before people begin to launch their complaints at the name "congress" and the fact that we are holding elections for a president; We are not electing the leadership of Stormwind. The existence of a guild for citizens that has democratically elected leaders does not conflict with the lore (look at Lakeshire's town hall and the dialogue regarding an elected magistrate) as we do not claim to write laws or control the royal coffers. For those interested in running for this position feel free to post your electoral manifestos below, under the following template: A short background on who I am and what I do. -your story here- Why I'm running for President. -your reasons here- Plans once I become elected president. -your plans here- Any hard feelings between us let us put aside and work together to generate some interesting RP for the server we love.Hrothgárr266 5h
5h <TitaniumWhite> are recruiting for PVE progression. We are currently looking for DPS, with a preference for range, to join our small raiding team on a Sunday afternoon/evening. We raid from 17:00 UK time (18:00) server to around 21:00 UK time (22:00) server, or later, depending on how the group is feeling. We have Emearled Nightmare normal on farm and are progressing into Heroic, of which we have cleared 3/7. The guild is composed primarily of out of game friends, however, new members are always welcome to join our community. If you would like to join, or would like further information, please feel free to contact me in game.Ilestria0 5h
5h [A-RP] <Lionheart Vanguard> - Alliance Heroes! Formerly known as the <Spear of Wrynn> Recruitment status: OPEN Website: -- Pending--- 1. Summary: 2. Structure and ranks: 3. Guild progression and Medals: 4. Events and activity: 5. Units: 6. Joining the guild: 7. Roleplaying with the guild: 8. Non-roleplaying activities: 9. Rules: 10. Q&A: ...IC The <Lionheart Vanguard> is an elite Alliance task force, founded in response to the Legion invasion across Azeroth. The Vanguard recruits only the most exceptional individuals within the Alliance and each member is expected to be a powerful hero in their own right. The diversity of talents and abilities present within the <Lionheart Vanguard> means that they have a varied amount of tasks designated to them. Currently, their prime focus is the Burning Legion and its invasion, but they are expected to face any other threat to the Alliance that arises - including the Horde. Often being the first to jump into battle and the last to leave it sees the Vanguard stationed all across Azeroth and as such they have no permanent lodgings or headquarters. Shore leave however usually sees them in either Dalaran, or one of the Alliance capital cities. OOC The <Lionheart Vanguard> is a continuation of the Spear of Wrynn, a guild originally founded shortly before the release of Legion. Put simply it is a multi-racial militaristic/ adventure guild comprised of “hero” characters. While there is often an emphasis on ‘realism’ in Argent Dawn’s roleplay, we embrace the high-fantasy setting that Warcraft is and use everything available to us as we roleplay to combat the Legion (read: powerful characters). ...We have found a complex command structure to be superfluous for the guild, and only have a few ranks. We operate like a band of heroes (think Mass Effect or Dragon Age) and not like a military. While the guild is technically a “military guild” due to the way characters are recruited, the nature of the characters in the guild means that frequents commands, orders and formations don’t happen. • Commander: The guild master rank. • Lieutenant: The officer rank. • Champion: Temporary rank used in conjunction with our medal system. • Vanguard: The member rank. ...We recognise and reward IC actions using a medal system. Characters that have performed extraordinary feats worthy of recognition will be awarded a permanent medal and the title <Champion> of the <Lionheart Vanguard>, as well as a temporary promotion to the rank of Champion to highlight your characters, and show that they are as worthy of respect from their comrades. The medals we use are intended to cater to many different types of characters, and reward people for acting in a way that is appropriate and fitting for that character, rather than forcing people to act in a specific way to get noticed. Roughly once a month, or in between larger guild campaigns/ stories, we will be having a guild meeting as part of a larger event. This will be the time that we deal with promotions and medals. One good roll in an event won’t get you recognised, rather the guild leader and officers will be following everyone’s progress between each meeting and selecting individuals to be awarded the medals. The medals are: • The Grand Cross - The highest honour awarded by the Lionheart Vanguard. Used very rarely and often posthumously. • The Cross of Heroism - Awarded for great acts of courage. • The Cross of Brilliance - Awarded for great acts of ingenuity. • The Cross of Might - Awarded for great acts of strength. • The Cross of Benevolence - Awarded for great acts of compassion. • The Cross of Ferocity - Awarded for great acts of ruthlessness. ...We usually run 2-4 events a week but are always happy for members to host events in the guild. We usually have more than one event running at once as we like to offer a choice, as well as have smaller more close-knit event groups (more info below). As well as our usual ‘campaign’ events, we will soon be starting our newest event series: Spear of Wrynn goes Artefact hunting. They are simply put more personal events that we will be running for characters in the guild who want to acquire their own “artefact” weapon (not on the level of the adventures weapon’s obviously) if anyone in the guild wants to wield something powerful and “unique” to that character we’ll work on a concept for the weapon and craft a story around it and how we’ll end up gaining said weapon. No one is expected to join every event and we appreciate that RL always takes precedence over the guild. We don’t expect you online all day every day, but if you plan on joining on an alt you only touch once every few months that we suggest you find another guild to store them in. Unless given some sort of warning we tend to remove characters after two weeks of unexplained activity, and consider them M.I.A until told otherwise. ...• Spear of Wrynn - Lead by Commander Lotheridan Hartford. Named after the former High King Varian Wrynn, the Spears are expected to exemplify his heroism and strength and Spearhead attacks against the Alliance’s enemies. Alliance heroes facing the deadliest and most powerful threats. • Bonechopper of Mekkatorque - Lead by Lieutenant Wexley "The Doctor" Arcwood. Named after the brilliant High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque, the Bonechoppers channel his great ingenuity and creativity to find unconventional and wacky solutions. Using feats of magic, engineering and… stuff… to triumph using strength of mind. • Shield of the Prophet - Lead by Lieutenant Kaaryv. Named after The Prophet Velen, the Shields are expected to strive for righteousness, possessing a portion of his compassion and acting diplomatically. Rescuing civilians, healing the wounded and liaising with locals in the areas that the Vanguard are operating in. • Claw of Greymane - Lead by Lieutenant Barys Oxton. Named after the ferocious King Genn Greymane, the Claws share the brutality and ruthlessness of the cursed Gilneans - striking the first devastating blows. Scouting, espionage and sabotage are often the tasks assigned to this group. • Glaive of Whisperwind - Inactive. • Hammer of the Council - Inactive. • Fist of Cloudsinger - Inactive. The <Lionheart Vanguard> is one, unified force and the units in no way mean that we are a collection of smaller guilds within a guild. The units are temporary groups used on an event-by-event basis to split the guild into a number of smaller forces, each undertaking different task but working towards the same goal. No one is ever permanently assigned to a group. The names were chosen to pay homage to our old guild name, and reflect the attitudes and behavior of the racial leaders they represent. However, they are not meant to divide by race or class - it is just a theme. For the most part people are free to chose who they want to follow in each events (depending who is online) unless there is an in character reason against it. The goal is to maintain a close-knit feel in events, so no one will be lost in the crowd, and it also provide a large variety of events for people to follow. Each unit has their own tasks that they are usually assigned and since we take such diverse characters in the guild the events are in such a way that ensures (for the most part) people aren’t put in situations that make no sense for their character and are uncompelling for them. Fragile mages and sneaky rogues wouldn’t be expected to fight on the front lines, conspicuous plated warriors wouldn’t be made to sneak around in the shadows and ruthless death knights wouldn’t have to waste their time pointlessly saving civilians. How it works in practice would be, for example: On an event night the Spear of Wrynn group may be lead to face the bulk of whatever enemy forces we are facing. The Shield of the Prophet would move into a dangerous area filled with civilians and work to save and evacuate anyone they can. The Bonechopper of Mekkatorque would be looking for a way to weaken the enemy forces, perhaps disabling a powerful artefact that is empowering them. The Claws of Greymane would be sneaking past the frontline and taking out some of the more deadly opponents, striking from the shadows. ...To join it is required that you are max level (or are leveling towards it) as we will be roleplaying all over Azeroth and especially the Broken Isles. Other than that, as long as your character is part of the Alliance they are eligible to join - that includes Death Knights too! There is no uniform, although we personally recommend having a tabard to represent your race or the Alliance as a whole - but it is not necessary. Officers: Kaaryv, Barys and Wexley Guildmaster: Lotheridan If you wish to join the guild, you need only approach one of the officers or the guild leader by a whisper who will ask you a few questions to make sure you actually know what you’re getting into. You will be then asked to complete a dossier of your character following this template: Name: Race: Age: Occupation: Information: ...Joining the guild is not a requirement for roleplaying with us - we’re not a bubble. We’re usually always happy to collaborate with other guilds and individuals and invite anyone to come and roleplay with us. If you want roleplay in the Broken Isles but don’t want to leave your current guild or have a character that doesn’t meet our hero requirement then you’re welcome to approach one of the officers and we can look at ways to get you involved in our events.Lotheridan46 5h
6h [Undead-RP]: The Hand of Agony: Five years of fury Slithering from between the tall, rotten trees of Tirisfal Glades, the fog slowly creeped over the land. The sun had already set as the heavy stomping of boots echoed through the woods, the source hidden within the thick, sickly grey fog. At first, the silhouette of a man emerged from the fog, followed by a second one, then a third one… Soon, nearly fifteen of them emerged from the fog, clad in heavy plate, wielding swords and shields by their side. “Hah! Told ‘ya lads! The rotters dun ‘ave the guts to come an’ face the bravest of the King’s men..!” One of them announced loudly, his voice echoing through the fog-covered woods. Another of the men sneered and scoffed. “Shut your mouth, Westforth. You know it perfectly well the King has nothing to do with this. We go to the ruins, we retrieve the parchment, and get back on Argent grounds. Am I understood, soldier?” The man that spoke first fell silent and resumed his lookout, a curse or two slithering from between his ruined teeth. The men continued their walk from Silverpine towards the shore up north, their destination still far ahead, and the fog was not making it any easier for them. The man leading the group lifted his hand up and stopped. Swiftly he dug a map from a pack on his belt and scrolled it open, studying it. “Listen up y’all. To our right is Brill, we don’t wish to get too close. There’s a abandoned farm close by. We use that to cover our behinds to get on the other side of the road. It’s known to be guarded heavily, as it leads up to Deathknell, where the rotters come from. We move swiftly, and if any of ya see a rotter, ya take it down, no screwups. Got it?” All of the men nodded in silent agreement, getting back moving as the leading man motioned for the rest to follow. “Grand. We move out.” As they walked deeper within the woods, the air grew colder, the bark on the trees sickly green, with maggots and spiders crawling all over them. From somewhere behind them, a shadow emerged from the darkness, letting the humans only catch a glimpse of it before vanishing. The men keeping watch on the back spun on their heels. “Oi, Cap’! We got movement…!” Another shadow appeared before them now, behind the Captain’s back as he turned to look at the rear of the group. “’S just a bloody shadow, ya idiots. Unless ya see something worth killing, don’t alarm us for nothing.” Rolling his eyes the Captain turned, a pair of pale amber eyes staring at him from the darkness right in front of him. The woods fell silent, everything stopped. The brave men of Alliance all stood there with their weapons drawn, waiting to see what it was that had been stalking them. “Weapons at ready, lads! We got ourselves company!” The Captain called out to his men, as more of the shadows started to move around the group. “O-oi, Where’s Lumberhill and Poelant?” One of the men looked around after noticing two of the men missing from near him. Panicking, the man started to back off, but something was blocking his way. Slowly, he took a look to determine what had almost tripped him over, only to notice his friends lay on the ground, eyes closed like they were in peaceful sleep, not a single sign of what might’ve happened to them. “Oh bloody fel! Cap! We lost them! We’re being ambushed…!!” The poor man looked around the area, no longer able to take the tension. With a grunt, he threw his shield on the ground and ran away from the group. Sadly for him, the human did not get to take even his fifth step, as a shadow passed straight before him, stopping him on his tracks. His comrades turned all to look at him, calling him back to the group, but the man did not answer. He stood there for some seconds, before his body slumped down on the ground, lifeless. As his comrades were staring at the lifeless man on the damp ground, the air grew colder around them, and the sound of heavy plated boots appeared out of nowhere. The swirling shadows that had been harassing the breathers stopped, several pairs of amber eyes now staring down the humans, some high up on the branches, some down on the ground. “We need to move now, come-…!!” The Captain called out, but he was cut short as he turned around, only to discover the horrifying sight of the Forsaken surrounding them… From the shadows and the fog around them, the men and women of Lordaeron stepped in sight, every single one of them carrying a black surcoat with a white crest of a skull on it. These were not just some random group of Undead. One of the Forsaken lifted his hand up as they were closing up, and on his mark, every single of them stopped. He stepped close enough to be able to stare the living Captain straight in the eyes. His voice stern and strong as he straightened his back and spoke out, resting his shield in front of him. “Gentlemen… I am afraid you have gotten lost from your path, hmm?” The human opened his eyes wide, just staring at the Forsaken and his rotting form, which the Forsaken carried with certain kind of pride and dignity. “No words? Hm, how unfortunate. But, you see, you are trespassing Her Majesty’s lands. We cannot let this slip.” Hearing this, two of the humans cursed and looked around for a way out, but for nothing. The Deathguards at the front stood their ground, their shields planted on the ground before them, the bloodied spikes inviting the humans to try their luck. Even while they were able to see an opening, a pair of glowing eyes was staring right back at them, while the Spellweavers and the Clerics stood their ground behind the Deathguards, ready to cast on the command. The leading man grunted and lifted his sword to bring it down on the Forsaken standing before him. “Ya rotters don’t belong here! ya belong to the earth, and that’s where we will put ya soon!” The Captain’s sword clashed down on the shield of the Forsaken with a loud clank. Shaking his head, the Forsaken pushed back to gain some distance from the eager human. “As the Executor of Her Majesty’s Grasp, The Hand of Agony, I cannot let that happen, like I said, if you had listened. But now… Well…” The Executor straightened his body and looked out to his men. “Hand of Agony! These men of South wish to trespass our Dark Lady’s lands, and raise their weapons at us! Show them how we respond!” The Deathguards lifted their shields and stepped closer with their swords drawn, the Deathstalkers lurked in the shadows around the group, climbing the trees for a better view, their poisoned blades and arrows at ready, the Spellweavers prepared their spells, calmly taking out their dusty tomes and scrolls as the air filled with arcane and other schools of magic, the Apothecaries dug out their vials and mixtures, the sickly looking gasmasks and sprayers on their backs hissing and bubbling while the Clerics stood calmly, their hands behind their backs , their postures disciplined, collected, waiting for their turn. There was no way out for the breathers, and soon, the dark woods echoed with a horrifying screams of horror, but one echoed over all. “For the Dark Lady! For Lordaeron!” OOC Information; CURRENT RECRUITMENT OFFICERS: Wendila, Solineria and Jorríck If Officers aren't available you can contact any member or elite for applications but you do have to handle the IC interviews with an officer. Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ! Q; Alright, seen you guys around, cool name and all.. But what EXACTLY are you about? A: The Answer is simple, really. Hand of Agony is Hand of Vengeance in Cataclysm and now Pandaria, or that's how we chose to advertise and form the guild. We base ourselves around Alchemy work but also have a strong military force and does RP PvP events as well as RP PvE. We are an allround guild set to please as many as possible and give a positive experience for those who wants to play forsaken. Q: Sylvanas huh.. Doesnt that mean you are very anti-horde? A: Both yes and no. The beauty of Forsaken roleplay is that it is based around Free Will, and so is the guild. As long as you are loyal to Sylvanas, it's all good.. Q: So as a Hand of Vengeance guild.. Do you own Northerend? A: No. We do not own anything. We are Forsaken, and share ALL Forsaken land with other Forsaken. We dont believe in claiming buildings or areas. And we downright frown on the idea of a certain guild or group of people owning something that was put in the game by Blizzard. Q: Promotion? A:You have to be active and show us what you want to roleplay as. If you are a hunter wanting to be a dreadguard, you prove it by rping as one and dressing accordingly. Each event you go to will earn you a small amount of promotion points only visable to the officers. You will then be called to a second interview for each rank you advance in when its time. Making it all happen ICly so you can't predict when it is about to happen. Q: Why can't I join as a Dark ranger?! A: Cause we have decided to remove the rank alltogether for two reasons: 1 is that the class is often associated with a lot of confusion and drama. We do not shun dark rangers but we chose not to have them as part of our officer system. People can still join as dark rangers as elites or deathstalkers, but wont ever be officers. 2 is that we do not recruit more blood elves. Even if your blood elf is an undead icly or a death knight, we wont allow you to join as we already got way to many. BUT.. If you chose to use the Forsaken model and rp an undead blood elf that way, we will more then welcome you! Q: Where can I find info on the Apothecary Society? A: Right here:íck489 6h
6h [A-RP] The Scarlet Reclamation IC We are all but forgotten.... "Gone but not extinct, there are others in hiding, I know it. I ask of you that you come forward, step out of hiding, reclaim our former glory, unite once again and continue our singular goal of defeating the Undead in all its foul forms." "Our name should no longer be feared! We are those who fight for all that is good in this world. Forget the Argent, they act on nothing, it is time we show the people of Azeroth that the Scarlet's are here to protect it's people from everything that is evil!" "I ask of you, please step out from the shadows, stand proud of who you are and join us on this journey of redemption." OOC As a long time role player myself, I'm looking forward to building new RP relationship with new and experienced players alike. Currently we're a small bunch of players who are looking to expand, there are already numerous events planned and once the ball get's rolling it will be week to week if not more. We're looking to create a great community here and I've had lots of feedback, good and bad on what we're trying to do, it's all welcomed. So if you interested in RP and want to try it out, look us up. If your and experienced player and want to be a part of something great, look us up. Feel free to contact me in game with any questions or ask away guys, thanks for reading, hopefully I'll see some of you soon. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The Scarlet Reclamation are former members of the Scarlet Crusade who have openly rebelled against the order. They seek to reform the order after having realized the evil corruption of the crusade...."Alandeir96 6h
6h LF guild...non RP on AD Hey, OK bear with me i realise I'm on an RP realm, So i started wow at Vanilla in a progression(ish) guild on Daggerspine. Around Cataclysm my guild spectacularly fell apart as 80% of them quit. I moved here to AD with a friend into a small guild. By the time Cata has finished they had all quit for Horde on another realm leaving me in a two man guild. I played in this guild through MoP and WoD and am still there now. Coming into Legion, although i am enjoying WoW i'm starting to miss the guild social aspects of the game. The Guild banter, Drunk Friday nights, helping out etc. I only play weekends and the odd weeknight now due to other commitments but now i am looking for a guild that has room for a mature (some would say old), relaxed guy who knows how not to stand in the fire. I not looking to steal a raid spot just looking to get some of the old Wow feel back. If anyone has space for me then let me know here or in game! Thanks,Dethrix3 6h
7h [A-RP] The Tide Raven - Beware! The winds whipped and howled in the forest of masts berthed in the stormgrey waters of the harbour of lion-hearted men grown so great. But lo, upon the obscure horizon advanced a brazen ship crowned with a banner of black, its bow ploughing forward through the breaking waves, roiling, roaring, foaming and furious. From its decks bristled iron barrels laden with fiery hails of death, heralded by flash and thunder, manned by knaves and cutthroats all, whose ghastly songs praising avarice and vice resonated with the gales. Yet Stormwind’s guns were silent, though with roars like a hundred inflamed lions they could roil the very seas. At the helm of this black omen, tide-borne raven and stormcrow of carrion, stood a captain most crafty and cruel. From the faraway island-kingdom of Kul Tiras they had sailed, commerce raiders owed to decadent mercantile lords, bearing crests of black anchors upon a field of grey, to ravage foreign sealanes and shorelines for fortune, whilst eluding any grim noose by virtue of newfound letters of marque and reprisal. Stormwind’s guns remained silent… Avast! The Tide Raven is a pirate-themed roleplaying guild celebrating its sixth anniversary on upcoming Pirates’ Day. Now this dread-inspiring ship has re-emerged under Tirasian authorisation with a crew of purported privateers, dashing sellsails and crack-shot corsairs seeking other seaworthy and ruthless to serve under the black flag, inflamed by greed and gaudy glory, savagery or desperation. Led by the illustrious Captain Roberts, Morghan the First Mate and the Bosuns Thonin and Smydgens, on a quest to replenish the Tide Raven's decks with able-bodied crewmen and its coffers with ill-gotten riches. The guild strives for a welcoming and friendly OOC atmosphere, whilst we whet our uncouth tongues and curved blades for IC encounters! - old threadRoberts64 7h
9h [29/10 - A-RP] The Revenge of Madame Fairala ... What’s this all about? Once again, we are hosting an open invite public event! To celebrate Hallow’s End, we think a spooky adventure, without a barrier to entry, is well-suited! Are you a traveller that got stuck in Darkshire during the lockdown? Were you trying to get in? To sell goods, or just find a place to rest? Have you come to verify a tavern rumour about the murder in person? Are you an investigator? A Stormwind guard with the misfortune to be relocated to the town? Whatever your reasoning, the Violet Eye is happy to let all kinds of people join the event! Whether you’re a resident of the town, a witness, or just want to lend a hand, you’ll be welcome to participate! The event will be predominantly ‘free emote’. This means there will be no rolls or stats except to determine a few specific results for the DM. This is not intended to be any kind of competitive RP event, we’re all on the same side here! Times and dates The event is expected to take place on Saturday the 29th at 8pm Server time. (7pm GMT) We expect the event will end at approximately 11pm Server time (10pm GMT) or thereabouts. Where can I get in on all the spooky happenings? Simply turn up in Darkshire, in Duskwood, shortly before the event time! The event itself will begin on the southern outskirts of the town, as to not cross over too much with any RP that may be going on there at the time. Throughout the event we will gradually be travelling to Raven Hill. Level 20 is recommended as a minimum to prevent getting insta-gibbed by roaming monsters (Not the ones related to the event). Generally, no pre-event discussion will be required to take part. However, if you want to specifically take part in how the event unfolds, as a witness, story-teller, etc, then let me know at least a few hours beforehand either on this thread or in an in-game letter (The letter does not need to be IC)! I’d love to have people act as the ‘NPCs’ in this event. (Well, they technically wouldn’t be NPCs at that point, just PCs but… you know what I mean!)Darianuth11 9h
10h Blood Elf Guilds Hey guys. Are there any active Sin'dorei guilds? If so, are any of them worth joining? Cheers!Darkrage12 10h
12h Looking for... Some tips and changes for this character. I've given her a little physical makeover; not as humongous when it comes to muscle (not such wide shoulders either, no longer so hulkish), longer hair, elven eyebrows and more elven ears so she resembles her race a little more. Now I want more changes. Changes changes changes. I want ideas for her history (i might revamp it, it's a little... I dunno, really, just doesn't sit well with me in some places, even though it's lore friendly). I also want ideas for anything else. Anything. Current history can be found on AA adventures. I won't change using potions 'cause that'd feel too odd and I'm one for immersion aiding items. I also won't completely revamp her or delete her or have her change to a new body. So other than that, I'm looking for history ideas, ideas for anything... like personality changes, things that can affect her, flaws, stuff like that. I NEED IDEAS OKAY. I'm just finding her stale as she's been the same for so long without anything new. Give us a hand <3Vaxir61 12h
12h (26/10 - A-RP) Westfall Hallow's End Festival! ... What is this? A Hallow's End festival night to be held in Westfall on the 26'th! It will take place across the farmlands of Westfall, but be centered around Sentinel Hill. Who can come? Everyone part of the Alliance and Neutral factions may come! While the Commune welcomes the Horde, the guards of Sentinel Hill may not be quite as generous. Wonderfull! Are there any prizes? Winners of each contest will receive a minipet of choice from a select pool (that being what I can offer!). That is it -for now-, but work is underway for a bigger prize-pool! Happy Hallow's End in advance!Alishára34 12h
12h [H-RP] The Valiant Blade - Now recruiting! IC You find a slightly wrinkly note stuck to a wall in the entrance to the Underbelly of Dalaran. The writing on it is very clear, almost too perfect, as if written by a scribe The Valiant Blade - Hands for Hire Greetings, traveler. Are you in need of resources? Gold? Something to do? Then look no further! The Valiant Blade is looking for skilled people from every corner of Azeroth to join our mercenary band. We do what we can to help the war effort, the local people often forgotten about during wars, and all else in between and for a fair price. Here in the Broken Isles contracts are not scarce. We can promise to keep you busy! Those who want to work and do so successfully will be awarded with profit and freedom to do whatever they wish to so long as it does not damage our way of living. If this sounds appealing to your person, look behind this note, you'll find who will be able to put us in contact. Also if you have a job or contract of any kind for the Valiant Blade do not hesitate to come in contact with us, I'm sure we'll find a deal that's appealing to both of us. End of IC bit What is Valiant Blade? The Valiant Blade is multi-racial mercenary/hands for hire RP guild on Argent Dawn, Horde side, crossing the border between “good” and “evil”. We are freshly established community that wants to participate and grow together. We want to give an opportunity to create individual character development as well as steadily progressing the main guild story. Most of all, we want our members to have fun with the gamem specially the RP aspect of it. The aim is to create an interesting IC environment while keeping friendly and respectful OOC side of the guild, everything is more enjoyable with friends after all! We are new guild that seeks members right now, hoping to grow steadily, slowly adding more people to our ranks. We are currently) small in numbers but very active and full of motivation to go bigger and better! Who are we IC? The Valiant Blade was created in Undercity as Shen-Yun, a mysterious wandering Pandaren, attempts to rebuild his old mercenary regiment. The group was active for over four years till invasion of the Legion shattered and split the paths of former members. Under the name of The Blade, Shen-Yun tries to gather around people with all kinds of different skills from fierce fighters, silent scouts to menders and scholars, now more than ever needed in the Broken Shores. Willing to build strong group bound where you can trust the other members, Shen-Yun takes role of guide and friend those that wish to ally with him. The Blade offers place to belong, be occupied, protected, feel connected or just be paid as well as freedom if contract or work is not in process. Events The Valiant Blade have regular RP events held at the same time and day each week, Mondays and Fridays at 20:00 server time with additional events at Sunday, also 20:00 server time that will probably turn into regular events soon. There may be extra events scheduled depending on story, each can be focused on development of character, IC lessons, discovering, puzzles to solve, adventures, combat, missions ect. All events are set in calendar with short description for members to know beforehand what is planned. Any member of guild can create and lead their own events, but we ask for them to inform officers beforehand so that we can offer guiadance on how to make it fit with the current ongoings of the organization. Those that can’t or doesn’t like hosting events can still offer ideas to the officer team for them to organize them instead! Any ideas for events are most welcome, don’t be afraid to try something. After each event we ask our members to give back feedback, as it can help us adjust events to our members and make them more enjoyable to the Valiant Blade specifically. We appreciate all the opinions of our members and want to hear it, we are always open for ideas! What do we offer as guild? We want most of all to create a possitive community community, even if small at start we want to remain very active. We can offer diverse events and possibilities to develop and grow IC while keeping friendly OOC atmosphere. We separate OOC and IC actions making sure none brings problems of their characters onto real person nor the other way around. We are community of people that love role-playing and game but most of all we all want to have fun while playing. We try to give our members opportunities to keep them busy with RP and setting some sort of goals in front of them so they are entertained.Shunyen18 12h
12h (A-RP) The Starbranch Commune seeks brave individuals! ... What is the Starbranch Commune? The Starbranch Commune is a wandering,neutral, Kaldorei-style community of warriors, adventurers, civillians and others. It is Elven cultured, but not Elven exclusive, meaning anyone can join. Coordinated by Alishara of the Illidari, it's purpose is to damage the Legion wherever possible. They do this from the belief that together we can do more then each of us alone. The best way to describe it in one sentence would be: A nomadic band of protectors and fighters. While we strive to adhere to tradition in most things, the Commune has a heavily pragmatic lilt, and some traditions have been discarded in favor of this pragmatism. However, it is meant to be a home, and not (just) a military order. In between combat ops, the Commune will also host relief events, training sessions and even festivals and other civillian-themed activities. In time, it may settle down on Kalimdor, but for now, it wanders from frontline to frontline, often in cooperation with it's allies, acting in defense of Azeroth. OOC'ly speaking, the idea is to offer a Kaldorei-themed roleplaying experience that is accessible to anyone. We also hope to be a friendly community of friends that support each other. In the end the whole point of the guild is to have fun, and we'd like everyone to feel involved. Brief history Reflecting its loose structure, the Commune grew organically, as a result of several wandering individuals who felt they belonged no where else. It's roots lay in the initial Burning Legion invasion in Azshara, where the Coordinator, Nightpetal, fought alongside her former kin for the first time. Unwilling to join an Illidari order, she instead took the path of a lone hunter, accompanying the orders she met there to the Broken Isles to aid them in their struggles. Over time, she met more lone wanderers, of all walks of life. Wardens, former Sentinels, other Illidari and more unsavory creatures such as Death Knights. Sensing an opportunity to make a bigger diffrence in the war then her glaives alone could manage, Alishara brought them together - Battling together had formed strong bonds of trust between the group, and together these adventurers formed the Starbranch Commune. The idea was simple: "Together, we are stronger then alone." While some have questioned if the Coordinator's motives where truly so idealistic, none have yet questioned the effectiveness of the move - The Commune rapidly began hitting Legion targets of opportunity, and did so with efficiency. Thus one blade became many, and a group of friends became a home. What can we expect from you? - A friendly, welcoming guild willing to try and help you fit in. We help each other in raids and mythics, as well. - Multiple events a week - Though we aim for two a week, we routinely hit 4 and sometimes more. These events will often be combat-oriented, but not always! The system depends on the officer holding it, they can be either rolls or freeform emotes. Expect a little bit of everything. The aim is to hold two or more events a week, with at least 2 a month "non combat". - Contact with friends outside the guild - We don't intend to isolate ourselves from the rest of the world. (Not for long, anyway) Who do you recruit? Basically, anyone! While the Commune is Elven themed, it is open to all races and all professions. Yes, even Warlocks. Yes, even Death Knights. As the Commune is neutral this theoretically extends to non-Alliance races such as Blood Elves, but obviously we would judge such applicants with a very critical eye. Ranks and structure The Commune operates on a simple ranking structure. This structure will expand as the Commune does. Expect more ranks to be added over time. For now, the structure is as follows: Coordinator: The head and leader of the Starbranch Commune, Coordinator is nevertheless no military rank. Officially, it is what the name implies: The Coordinator coordinates the actions of the Commune. She recieves intelligence from various sources and decides where the Commune goes, when it goes there, and what it will do. This title confers no military rank or hard authority, and came about as a political decision on Nightpetal's part - Lack of a real authority title makes it harder for the Illidari to impose their wishes on the commune - Something no sane non-Illidari would ever tolerate. Lieutenant - The officers of the Commune, chosen by the Coordinator. This rank is usually bestowed only on those who are both trusted and showed a clear ability to lead. The Lieutenants are in charge of the Commune whenever the Coordinator is absent, and are second only to her in authority. They recruit, hold events, and listen to the concerns of Commune members. Guardian: A catch all rank for the warriors, casters and fighters of the Commune. Guardian is the rank bestowed on anyone with both the will and ability to fight. In time, the rank will be split up into several. Civillian: No force can survive with warriors alone - Civillians are the healers, craftsmen, suppliers and others who contribute to the cause, but can not or will not take up a combat role. Darkcaster: A rank reserved for those of the darker professions. Illidari, Ebon Knights, Warlocks and shadowpriests are welcomed in the Commune, but become part of the Darkcasters - A special unit that is under more scrutiny then most. I'm convinced! How do I join? Contact either myself (Alishára), Ashyra, or Miranthra and indicate your interest. They will then invite you to an in-character interview! Your character can then indicate interest and tell us what they can do, and why they wish to join the Commune. Fighters may be invited to a sparring session to prove their skills. If all goes well, they will then be welcomed as a new addition to the Commune! What if my character doesn't want to answer to an Illidari? I will put this question here in advance, since it is one that has come up quite a lot already: The Starbranch Commune's organic past means it's leader is not quite what one would expect. We understand that this is not for every character, and that some will struggle heavily with it, but it is what it is. Those who join are expected to follow both the Coordinator and the Lieutenants, though they are not required to like the groups they are working with. I hope this answers all your questions! We hope to see you around Azeroth! Fight well, heroes!Alishára7 12h
13h [RP?] Overwatch MMORPG Lets say hypothetically that Blizzard decide to make a futuristic MMORPG using the WoW engine set around the Overwatch universe during the omnic crisis. You have two factions and can play as either a human or an omnic and the questlines revolve around assisting Overwatch or omnic heroes during the great war. Would you ditch WoW RP to RP in this game instead? Would you RP in both? Would you even play it at all? Potato or orange?Lydia24 13h
15h Cool Legion Tidbits Thread There will obviously be spoilers in this thread once Legion launches! Remember that thread someone made for WoD in which people noted stuff like Khadgar saying during the Tanaan Invasion "Bring that strapping orc with you. The one that's not Thrall." This is that thread, but for Legion. After Legion launches at midnight, note the cool stuff you see ingame here. It could be anything from cool bits of lore to explanations of how to do a quest or a hidden treasure / rare monster you found somewhere. Let's discover Broken Isles together, friendsDark296 15h
22h [A/RP] Echo Company Rangers. 33rd Marching On WARNING The 33rd is not for the faint hearted! They will perform drill, dole out punishments and be held to a high standard of IC training. Characters who join should expect to be shouted at and punished if they fail. This is the way the Rangers will be run and you are choosing to join it. Echo Company Rangers follows 4th Platoon, E Company, 33rd Regiment of Foot. The guild will not grow beyond Platoon level ranking and operations but due to the nature of the Ranger’s mission, the Platoon is permitted to maintain an above average pool of manpower to replace Killed, Wounded or Missing Rangers. The officer team are all veterans of the Westfall Rangers (1st Platoon B Company) the first incarnation of the 33rd which was lead by Tom ‘Wardog’ Bromhead and Trish ‘Squirrel’ Parker’. With their decision to step down, and with their agreement, we are keeping the ethos and values of the 33rd alive with a new company. For reference and plenty of cool journal entries from the Westfall Rangers here are the old threads: What do we do? Echo Company Rangers is designed to be a free acting unit of elite soldiers modelled closely on modern Special Forces, specifically the US Army Rangers with elements of Napoleonic British Rifle Regiments. The Rangers will accept Human Hunters, Warriors and Rogues. Echo Company Rangers are an elite platoon trained in specialist reconnaissance operations, lead by Lieutenant Dezyi “Wildcat” Dawnstar. The Platoon will conduct regular ‘Selections’ for prospective new Rangers, training those who pass hard to be disciplined and able survivalists, scouts and ambushers. Whilst the Rangers are part of the Alliance military under the command of the 33rd Regiment of Foot, their independent Platoon-level operations and long-terms spent ‘in country’ means they will often act on the initiative of the Lieutenant rather than wait for orders. We will be heavily PvE based and focus on social interactions, travel RP, heavy training RP and elite military action – based around modern day Special Forces with a Warcraft twist. The Rangers Rank Structure You are expected to fulfill the role of your rank. You will not be promoted until you can do so consistently! From the top down: Lieutenant – Platoon CO (Commanding Officer) Staff Sergeant – The Staff Sergeants are responsible for all Recruits in the Platoon’s resource pool, they are Senior Non-Commissioned Officers and primary training officers. Along with the Lieutenant, the Staff Sergeants will run Selection and support training exercises, assessing the potential of the Recruits and Rangers. The Staff Sergeants, together with the Lieutenant make up the HQ Section. Sergeant – The Platoon Sergeants will act as Section Leaders for groups of Rangers, they are primarily responsible for command of these Rangers in particular on the battlefield and their welfare and maintenance at all times. Corporal – Corporals act as a Section 2IC (Second in Command), reinforcing a Sergeant’s instructions, orders and wishes and acting as a link between the Rangers in his section and the Sergeant above. Lance Corporal – Lance Corporals are Rangers being tested for leadership. They will be given responsibility of up to three Rangers and as well as the Section Sergeant, ensure the welfare of their given Rangers. Lance Corporals are not expected to command any Rangers unless all above NCO’s are unable to do so. Chosen Man – Chosen Men are experienced Rangers, expert marksmen and capable survivalists. They also choose a specialist role within the Platoon and perform their chosen role as well as their function as a Ranger. Whilst not in command of any Rangers junior to them, they are held higher than the rest as veteran examples. Private – The first rank of real ‘Rangers’ and the backbone of the Platoon, the Private’s job is to maintain their equipment and obey the orders of their superiors. Recruit – Recruits are volunteers training to become Rangers. Due to the nature of the Platoon, Recruits are not excluded from any task that the Rangers will conduct but are not given their ‘leafs’ (Tabards) or considered full ‘Rangers’ until they have passed Selection and Basic Training. Grimesy – Grimesy is a punishment rank for those ill-disciplined Rangers who require drastic action to correct. They are expected to act as ‘pack mules’ fetching and carrying for the other Rangers until they are put back into Selection. Promotions, Demotions and Rank Promotions in the Rangers are not permanent. Anyone who fails to adhere to the expectations of their rank may find themselves demoted to the next rank down. This is not a temporary thing and the member will have to re-earn their former rank by performing well at the lower again. Additionally, anyone who finds themselves at the Grimesy rank will find themselves having to work their way back up the ladder from the very bottom. Promotions will be awarded only to those who have committed themselves to being the ideal Ranger, abiding by the general rules and ethos of the Regiment and the specific tasks of their rank. Ranger Selection The Platoon will recruit prospective new members en masse when camped in or around Stormwind in between deployments. When on Deployment, the Platoon will not accept new recruits as they could potentially jeopardise the safety of their fellow Rangers. Selection is a separate process to the regular training that the entire Platoon will go through and is something that Rangers will only be required to do once, unless they are demoted to Recruit or Grimesy. The Selection process will be tough and those choosing to apply to the Rangers should be prepared for the harsh nature of Selection.Dezyi27 22h
22h Argent Dawn General Containment Thread #254 Back in your cells, maggots.Fearless500 22h
22h What RP guilds would you like to see Alliance side? Like the title suggests..... And I don't mean "A good one", or "One that works", or "Just anything that I can RP in". What actual genres of RP guilds would you like. For example, House guilds, Military guilds, Nerth guilds, Cultist guilds, Guard guilds, Mercenary guilds.... But be more specific, too. If you say... military guilds, will it be a multi-racial, will it be Dwarf-only, will it be Redridge-based military, or perhaps Wetlands.... what will the guild size be, preferably, what will it's uniform be like, if any, and what would it's main goals be? Requested so far: . Westfall Brigade . Ashes of Alexandros . Dungeoneering Guild . Sisterhood/Sentinel guild that "doesn't spend 2/3 time in Derpshire" . Shield Maiden guild . Old Gods . Scarlet Epitaph/Risen . Basically Assassin's Creed guild . Alliance-side Flying guild . Brawler's Guild . Dwarven military guild . Gnomish Dragoons . Gilnean Patriots . Village/Community/Hub Guild . A Merchant guild that interests people . Warhammer 40k-Esque Inquisition/Fanatics . Archaeology guild - Belf or Dwarf . Gilnean more to do with Kaldorei society . A non-ERP and non-creepy Pack guild . Nights Watch . Anti-Velen Draenei . Evil, but unique, not Legion, Old Gods or anything existing already . Nesingwary-esque guild . Resort/Holiday guild . Refugee/Township guild, such as using Dun Modr for refugees of StromgardeMagkarosh61 22h
23h Guilds for Older Players So, some of you may see my silly trolling attempts in chat or making up silly random groups to find chat friends or whatnot, and I realize I am sometimes not the easiest person to get friendly with, mostly because of my own crazy cat lady ways... I am also not going to lie and say I love being alone all the time in the game, but I am sometimes close-minded to accepting new people - well not accepting per se, but wanting to be in any kind of longer term "relationship" even if it's just a guild affiliation. Because of my RL job, I am fairly quick to decide if I will like people long enough to be able to have any BFF-type feelings, so imagine that difficulty in finding a guild of all older people that won't drive me crazier I prefer people over 25 years of age because I am a crazy cat lady that can get into some witty, yet philosophical topics of convo. I am not some MENSA genius, but I am looking for others who are intelligent... I was going to put educated, but realize that I don't want to talk about super book education type stuff anyways, so just people who can hold their own in a conversation, not necessarily those that are experts in subject areas in which I know nothing. All that being said, I don't typically RP, as I have no interest in it and think it's too much work. I am good at it, but why do something I don't enjoy... I don't want to progression raid - and I don't want to commit to a raid position. That isn't fair to people who enjoy progressing through content because I am miserable knowing I HAVE to be there online so many specific hours - sure... I am probably going to be online then, but what if I wanna be doing something else? I already have one RL this would make me feel like now I have another as well.. I prefer pugs on my own time for raiding, when I feel like it... so maybe I could be a backup goaltender... error...dps or healer or whatever. I also don't like being forced to be online in group voice chats on Discord, TS, Vent or whatever else people use. I don't like headsets and having too many people talking at once gives me a headache... (I am reading this post and saying "Holy crap, you are gonna have people ignoring you left and right!" - I am not as miserable as I am making myself sound... I am just giving full disclosure ) I may be an old cat lady, but I am also quite childish at times and I like silly things... I would love a guild that wants to do silly things at times... what kind of silly things??? I dunno ... just silly things! I am sure being that we are at the start of a new expac, there won't be as much silly stuff as everyone is working at the real content, but it's still nice to think there are other people who would want to do a running of the gnomes or a silly RP event that isn't so work-oriented... or making alts (yeah this expac isn't alt-friendly I hear) Oh geez, I sure am writing a lot - impressed if you've made it through this far... If you wanna talk to me in game, look for me on Diosita or Reinita or B-Tag add me LaReina#1185 ... and apologies for all the typos. I can't get used to this new S7 phone Diosita4 23h