Argent Dawn

02 Jan 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/930468) can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Slorkuz2 02 Jan 2012
24 Feb Useful threads: setting, story, & roleplay. The purpose of this thread is to collect and advertise useful threads and sources, for any player looking to find out more about the setting, or about roleplaying and story-building. These may be useful whether reading the background just for interest, creating a new character and wanting to see how it fits into the setting, or looking how to enhance our own roleplaying techniques. Some of these websites are on the wider internet, but most were written by players on our own server Argent Dawn. A parallel thread, "Useful threads: community and events," is no longer stickied for some reason. It can be found at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/859137676 and looks at the Out Of Character history and community of the server, to introduce the server to new players, and to give help to players in creating, advertising, and maintaining events and guilds.Tsathoggua63 24 Feb
07 Sep History of Argent Dawn Updated June 23rd, 2016, 15:13 (GMT) ... Tip: Hit Ctrl+F and for example search #2012 Submissions Pick a topic: [Guild] [Character] [Event] Use headings, and add any AA links. Scroll down for examples. Guidelines [Guild] events include RP-PvP, storylines, founded/disbanded dates, etc. [Character] events are for major figures in our server lore, ie. guild leaders. Community [Events] only. For guild events, see above. Only put information that'd be known in-character, events that would be written into history or known. Contents Intro - post 1 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#1 2005 - post 2 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#2 2006 - post 4 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#4 2007 - post 5 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#5 2008 - post 6 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#6 2009 - post 8 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#8 2010 - post 9 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#9 2011 - post 10 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#10 2012 - post 11 & 12 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#11 2013 - post 13 & 14 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#13 2014 - post 15 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#15 2015 - post 17 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#17 2016 - post 19 - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962?page=1#19Shevron279 07 Sep
8h Roleplaying Guild List [Argent Dawn] Every time I log in, I see people demanding help with finding an RP guild, or one with a certain theme. One could not except newcomers to scroll through an endless stream of forum posts, or hundreds of Argent Archives profiles, just to find out that the guild of their liking disbanded a year ago, or hasn’t been active for months. Because it is my intention to help the dynamics of the community, I excluded inactive guilds. Those I inavertedly left out, please contact me ingame via /whisper or mail, or just leave a comment below. Newly formed guilds are welcome aswell, just inform me of your existance. If a listed guild disbands or dies off, the procedure of removal should be the same. The list contains the guild name and few words describing the theme, ordered alphabetically under categories of race/faction exclusiveness. (Let me know if you find a description unfitting or have a better alternative). You can find a guild’s original forum post, Argent Archives profile, and in cases its website by making a google search with „<guildname> argent dawn”. Horde guilds: Orc Blackjaw Clan (Nomadic; not part of, but allied to the Horde) Fourteenth Legion (Grunts) Legion IX (Military) Orcs of the Red Blade (Nomadic) Worg Riders (Nomadic) Troll Alarion Alor Ai Darkspear Tribe Zandalari Empire Tauren The Spirit Wolves Undead (Forsaken) The Hand of Agony (Military, political) The Rotgarde (Military, political) Blood Elf Burning Ashes (Mercenary) Division Twenty Three (Military) Divison Forty Seven (Military) Gilded Coin (Mercenary/Black ops) House Rivorndir (House) Sun Hawks (Military, dragonhawk riders) Sunfury Covenant Sunglow Covenant (Learning & Adventuring) The Arcane Circle (Opposing the Kirin Tor) The Ashborne Incursion (Private military) The Dawnguard (Military) The Farstrider Regiment (Rangers) The Sanguine Eye (Blood elf fanatics) The Sunbrand (Military, priests) The Sunreaver Order (Dalaran representatives) The Sunspear (Military, inspired by The Sunsworn on Draenor) The Vacant Throne (Pro-blood elf and Light fanatics) Goblin Gearfist IBS The Cutthroat Cartel (Criminals) Pandaren Huojin Path (Horde aligned) The Silent Vigil (Shado-Pan, neutral) Multi-racial, Horde military and clans Blood Howl (Warband) Durakra Outriders (Mercenary) Hordes Shadow (Warband) Irontusk Vanguard (Military, Kalimdor Horde races only) Shadow Corps (Military, black ops) Shattered Path (Espionage) Sunforged (Paladins) The Bloodied Spear (Warband) The Bloodstorm Clan (Nomadic clan) The Ceaseless Cohort (Warrior cult) The Forlorn Legion (Penal military, basically Suicide Squad) The Frozen Paw Clan (New Horde Clan) The Mystic Demand (Reliquary) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Horde society Charred Council („Dark guardian” roleplay) Felshadow Dominion (Demonic cult) Fourfive Fingers (Criminal) Gilded Blades (Mercenary) Oath of Silver (Criminal) Primalsong Tribe (Nomadic, not part of the Horde) Shady Business (Criminal) Sixty Thieves (Criminal) The Blackguard (Mercenary) The Bone Shark (Privateers, pirate hunters) The Greedy Kraken (Pirate) the Iron Vulture (Air pirates on a goblin zeppelin) The Ravensun (Religious, shadow) Velvet Syndicate (Mercenary) Wheel of Entropy (Chaos Cult) Winds of Wisdom (Pandaren lifestyle, others are welcome to join) Multi-racial, Neutral Fealty to the Grave (Death Knight, Ebon Blade) The Argent Expedition (Argent Crusade) The Ashen Vanguard The Blackgarde (Argent Crusade inquisition) The Silver Gauntlet (Argent Crusade) The Tattered Court (Illidari) The Tide Howler (Sailor/pirate) Misc. Stonemaul Clan (Ogre) The Silver Sun (High Elf, Alliance aligned) Alliance guilds: Human Arathi Honour Guard (Arathi military) House of Darklaw (Alterac noble household) League of Arathor (Arathi politics and military) Night Watch Guard (Duskwood guard) Stormwind Infantry (Stormwind military) The Crown Bulwark (Stormwind guard) The Westfall Rangers (Westfall guard) Dwarf Anvilmar Iron Brigade (Military) The Three Hammers (Political, military, community) Gnome Gnomeregan Covert Ops (Military) Night Elf Moonleaf Grove (Traditional Kaldorei society) Nightsong Sentinels (Military) Shadowleaf Watchers (Military) The Highborne (Highborne community, politics, military) The Nightblade Sentinels (Military) The Starsong Sentinels (Military) Draenei Aldori Axiom (Military and faith) Ere Argus (Exodar commune) Nomads of Tureem (Nomadic community / adventures) Vestige of Shalaat (Community with some military) Worgen House of Tarsias (Gilnean noble house) The Duskenpaw (Feral worgen) Pandaren Tushui Multi-racial, Alliance military and closely bonded organisations Bael Modan (Gnome/dwarf community in Kalimdor) Baratide Naval Brigade (Naval military against the Legion) Blazing Shields (Stormwind military) Call of the Silver Hand (Paladins) Crusaders of Turalyon (Peacekeeping/enforcing, military) Knight of Stormwind (Stormwind military) Lightsworn (Knightly order, Menethil Harbor based) Northern Priory (Exploration, human/worgen) Order of the Sage (Magic school, quite universal) Sons of Menethil (Military, Menethil Harbor based, Northern EK RP-PvP) Stormwind Bureau (Stormwind intelligence, separate from SI:7) Stormwind City Guard (Stormwind military) Stormwind Royal Navy (Stormwind military) The Fallen Leaf (Peacekeepers—based on Pandaren culture) The Iron Thorn (Stormwind military) The Onyxguard (Duskwood guard & private military) The Royal Society (Authoritic faction, Stormwind based) The Steel Gauntlet (Stormwind military) The Sworn Swords (Knightly order, Northern EK RP-PvP, DM events) Triune of the Eclipse (NE/draenei/worgen circle) Unit Fourteen (Basically a suicide squad—DK, DH, etc in Ally military) Multi-racial, more on the edge of Alliance society Blacktalon Blinders (Criminal) Necromechanica (Dark scientists against darker threats) Nightshade Consortium (Dark magic practitioners in the Plaguelands) Silvershield Company (Mercenaries and some tradesmen) The Broken Tower (Adventuring knightly order) The Eldritch Covenant (Warlock/Shadow Priest circle of power) The Freelancers (Mercenaries, tradesmen, and adventurers) The Grey Banner (Militant order) The Rowdy Sparrows (Mercenary) The Settlers (Colonial, civilian survival) The Tide Raven (Pirate ship) The Wanderlust Company (Mercenary) Underhand (Demonic cult) Wayfaring Association (Explorers) Multi-racial, Neutral Illidari (dem bois) Kirin Tor Onslaught (Dalaran mages) Mardenholde Accord (Argent Crusade) Sable Chapter (Questing heroes and outcasts) Sanctum of Magic (Mage school in Dalaran) The Cenarion Guardians (Cenarion Circle) The Disciples of Terelian ( Multi-racial, focused on Bastion's Fall campaign storyline) The Ebon Vigil (Knights of the Ebon Blade) The Hunters League (literally that) The Kirin Dal (Dalaran mages) Misc. Bane (Scourge) Bastions Fall (scripted events revolving around the return of the Legion) Bayerleyn Retinue (more „realistic” medieval RP) The Frozen Covenant (Scourge, Cult of the Damned) Twilight Hammer (the Old God cult) Honorable mentions, since they’re not RP, but sought after by some: The Bulwark, a level 60 vanilla guild on Horde, and its Alliance counterpart: AfterlifeRedbone81 8h
16 Sep Guilds of Argent Dawn Hello everyone, since the old guilds of argent dawn thread has been inactive for a rather long period of time i have decided to start a new one with a fresh batch of guilds. The form and rules will remain the same as the old one. Guild name: Faction: Type: Concept: Base of operation: Guild master: Recruiting officer: Guild-forum/website: -Copy and paste the list above in a new reply. -Feel free to add a link to your recruitment thread on the battle.net forums. -The guilds are sorted in alphabetic order. If your guild has a different name IC, then you may add that name after the actual guild name as it appears in game. -Only leave a brief concept description of your guild here. If you wish to share more, do so by directing to your guilds forum or webpage.Velraz331 16 Sep
06 Nov 2013 Raiding Progression - Argent Dawn. POST HERE > http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8618331791 < ... The Nighthold - 10 bosses Alliance - Horde - The Emerald Nightmare - 7 Bosses Alliance Erandium (7/7N) The Precariat (6/7N) (1/7HC) Horde Oathsworn (0/7N) (1/7HC)Legebril500 06 Nov 2013
10m [A-PvE] RaidPlay - An Open Raiding Coalition Continuing on the interest check thread. http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613354297 With the shown interest and the replies I was recieving on the previous thread I figured it's time to make an official thread about this stuff after having a nice chat with Faendrel and gotten set up with a Discord channel. So what is the purpose of RaidPlay? RaidPlay is a play on the words Raiding and Roleplay and the idea of it is to be a weekly casual raiding event to serve as an alternative to pugging and to allow those otherwise embroiled in dedicated roleplaying guilds, rookies and veterans alike, a chance to experience endgame PvE progression and content together without having to join a PvE guild. Something something realm community. How does one get in on this and what is required of me as a raider? The easiest way to join in on this is to get in touch with either myself or Faendrel ingame or through leaving a message below containing relevant information and you'll be added to a calendar event. I'd recommend approaching us ingame to be certain that you're added to the list. When it comes to requirements you will need to have an item level of 835 minimum with 840+ being recommended. Joining us on Discord is also a must in order to be able to hear tactics and call outs, mic participation is not mandatory. You'll be expected to bring consumables to last you through the raid(2x Flask and one stack of buff food should be plenty). The invites for the first pilot run will start at around 19:45 on Thursday 22nd and we'll be doing the first run on normal mode. ...Tidrick33 10m
13m Argent Dawn General Chat Thread #247 As you were.Selendras417 13m
39m Invasions and the world Hey there AD. I've seen a few discussions about it, but I wanted to get a final answer from a topic specific to this question. Invasions: Are they still a thing across Azeroth? The way I personally see it, Blizzard has announced Legion to be the biggest, meanest Burning Legion invasion that has ever happened on Azeroth. I do not feel like a subtle background presence in Highmountain, a few strongholds (like, 1-2?) in Azsuna, and a more direct foothold in Suramar reflect the scale of this invasion in its entirety. I, for one, believe that the Legion is all over the world. I am asking, as I wish to RP around the world against demons, and not focus solely on that one/two zones in the Broken Isles for a direct demonic presence. Is that viable?Faceslinger10 39m
42m (Spoilers) Emerald Nightmare story discussion Some interesting voice lines from Il'gynoth in EN: "Five torches to open the way. Five torches to light our path." "The lord of ravens will turn the key." "The boy-king sits at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you." "The king of diamonds is now a pawn." A complete list of his voice lines: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Il%27gynoth Anduin corrupted by the Old Gods? Pillars of Creation assembled in one place to bring N'Zoth out of the sea?Ortéllus166 42m
47m Funny Pet Names I was wondering if you lot have some creative or favourite pet names for your lil' companions. If so, list them here. Mine are: Snake - Serverus Snake Iron Starlette - Starlet Johanson Sea Gull - Steven Sea Gull Peace!Delwyn19 47m
1h Could you beat the character above in a fight? Let's try something different. The "would you date" and "would you RP with" threads are popular but they are too peaceful. Lets fight. Starting with me. Think you can take a warden?Lydia97 1h
1h Reminder: Headcanon does Not > Canon Head canon is mostly there as a filler of blank spaces assuming that the space is not filled. Alot of people tend to be too lazy to actually read or understand the lore in depth and thus just go : Screw it, in my head canon- Stop right there. Your head canon isnt canon, most of the time its just something convinent to fill a blank that might already -be- filled. You should -probably- actually use wowpedia or wowwiki or even both plus other articles, read the internet comics, watch the videos, theres alot to use, listen to nobble or dorons for some insight into wow. But for the love of god, dont head-canon anything, its a terrible idea. Look, I get it, its nice to have your own idea of how things work, but honestly, its not good for the actual lore if your screwing it with your own interpritation. Just because you dont -see- something in game as an event or major incident doesnt mean it isnt there, read up, lore up, be a real roleplayer. Dont get lazy. Example: Of your a denizen of Lordaeron, your identification is Lordaeronian, this includes -every- province of Lordaeron from: Tristfal, Andorhal, Stratholme, Silverpine and Hillsbrad. All of this, is Lordaeron, your not Hillsbradian, your not Stratholmeian, your Lordaeronian. Your nationality -is- set in stone, like it or not. Please, respect the world you play in instead of trying to make things in it that already exist and have set in stone terms for what can and cannot be there. I get that you want to contribute a filler to a blank space, but the space isnt blank, so dont. The -only- time head-canon can ever be applied is if there is genuinley a blank space to fill, and only -if- you know exactly how to fill it with proper research of what makes the most sense. So please, remember. Head canon does -not- happen to be superiour to actual Canon, it is only a -filler- there for the event something genunely doesnt have something to fill it. Which most of the time.. It does.Magral113 1h
1h Would you date the character above you? #Bignumber. Yoink hijacked hijinx'd this thread is mine now. Unless another one is put up simultaneously. Boy that'd be embarassing. / f l e xHorkim157 1h
1h Favourite Order Hall? What is your favourite order hall so far and why? Mine personally is the rogue's order hall, Hall of Shadows. Not only is it a dark corner for assassins to do their work, but it's also this hive of scum and villainy. You got all these markets selling lethal items or complete nonsense and these lively taverns full of, of course, outlaws and everything. I would really love to roleplay there while it's full of rogues! A lot of people say the order hall should've been Ravenholdt Manor, but I personally think the manor will have to look completely different than it does today since you can find a similar inside of the building in the SI:7 headquarters. Since that is not the case, Hall of Shadows has a thicker theme of the rogue's "persona" if you will, as well as favouring sub-classes of such a class such as bandits, smugglers and thieves.Carbek35 1h
1h [RP PVP/PVE] Warhorns in the Mist ... At Dreadwake Landing... ... In Greywatch's inn... ... What: RP campaign set in Stormheim When: 27th onwards, lasting for about 10 days Contacts: Perroy/Valter for Horde, Lotheridan for Alliance Hello gamers, I'd like to kick off some RP in the Broken Isles with a campaign in Stormheim - with the setting being pretty much perfect for faction conflict As you might be able to tell from the IC stories above, the theme of the campaign will be the mysterious disappearance of two fleets after a naval battle - with each side blaming the other for taking their men hostage and the atmosphere of open conflict between the Gilnean Brigade and the Forsaken Queensguard, reinforcements are quickly called to recover the captives and defeat the treacherous forces of the enemy faction before their scheming / warmongering begins to fight the Legion's battles for it This is an RP PVP campaign primarily and will use the same rules as the Legacy of the Saurok for most part (no restrictions, resource system etc) but will include plenty of DMed / PVE objectives for people to pursue if that is what they prefer While I imagine most people attending will be with either the Horde or the Alliance, as with its predecessor there will be a Kirin Tor-aligned neutral faction that will be involved in trying to figure out the truth of the vanishing vessels and trying to prevent the hostilities from benefiting the demonic powers at play in Stormheim - I will post more info about the factions later If you're interested in joining in, please sign up below using this form: ... If you're signing up, please give us a conservative estimate of your group/guild's activity in the evening so we can try to keep things balanced. It becomes a bit difficult when people overestimate their numbers and one faction ends up lacking for players when compared to their counterparts Individuals are more than welcome to attend regardless of signing up although making a quick post saying "I'll be there" could be useful (aka. a free bump hehe) Also, if you're signing up please make sure you will be staying the entire 10 day duration to the best of your ability Hope to see you there my dudes etcPerroy134 1h
2h Warcraft Puns We're doing it. What's a Troll's favourite drink? Zul'Gin. Why did the Frost Troll go to the races? He was a Dra-Car-i. What did they call Barbie's Boyfriend after he was infected by the Scourge plague? Forsa-Ken.Akalazoo39 2h
2h Possible Future expansion continents you want? What possible continents do you guys want to see for WoW`s future? I always wanted to see what *Ny`Alotha* is, Argus ( i can imagine something like Broken shore ) and Especially the following three : Tel`abim, Kul`tiras and Zandalar, a whole island for trolls, i would love that... What about you ?^^Xesmeni29 2h
2h inquiries about the server and a new restarting hello all, i'am a belgian french speaking guy but i speak a little bit english too ;-) i question me now about the possibility to do a new start in my wow experience , (i'am playing sinds march 2005) and maybe not in english realms who have,according what many people said,that they are in english realms,more population,more friendly etc than french realm. of course with a sesam because leveling from level 1 it's too boring for me now ;-). so i'am looking for a realm,in Alliance ,who si +- balanced,roleplaying is a high value added . i'am looking too for a realm where are some poeple speaking french ,or a french guild ,or people who will be ready to help me with my poor english level. waiting to read you regards p.s sorry for my poor englishCeldarïa4 2h
3h [A-RP] The Tirisfalen. It is said that the line of the Guardian was broken the day that the Tirisfalen perished - that no mortal could ever again hope to stand alone against the might of the Legion. The truth of that is undeniable. No feather-cloaked stranger will fly to our aid, no miracles will be delivered from on high. Yet, with the reformation of the Tirisgarde, hope endures. Look to your brothers and to your sisters. Where one once failed, the many must now triumph. We are each of us now Tirisfalen. We are each of us now Guardians. - Calum Corder, Arcanist of the New Tirisgarde. OOC: <The Tirisfalen> is a new guild comprised of members of Dalaran’s reformed Tirisgarde. The guild, of course, is not representative of the entire organisation but rather a small subdivision. While the A-team - consisting of the player character, Meryl, Millhouse, Kalec, Modera and co. - are off galavanting around the Broken Isles searching for the Pillars of Eternity, Calum Corder and his hardy band of mages have been dispatched to the four corners of the ‘old world’ to search for additional relics and artifacts with which to combat the Legion. Underfed, overworked, and dirtier by the day, this rag-tag band of D-list Tirisfalen continue to stick their noses in all the wrong places. We are currently looking for: Mages and more! Though we would like to ensure that the majority of the order’s membership continues to be comprised of ~actual~ Tirisfalen mages, there will always be room for archivists, researchers and informants of all kinds. The guild accepts all currently playable Alliance races, though some may be welcomed more warmly than others. What we offer: Regular events! A minimum of two per week, handled by members who have experience of playing Dungeon Master for guilds such as Silver Company and the Hornmantled. Pillage the library of Zin’Azshari’s arcane council, delve into the depths of Karazhan’s catacombs, and uncover the dark secrets buried beneath Tirisfal. Something a little bit different! This is a niche guild. We want to provide an atmosphere that can’t be found in a mercenary guild or a knightly order. We want to explore the types of roleplay that are exclusive to a mage-centric guild. What we expect from you: Activity! We expect you to be around for about 50% of scheduled events but, more than that, to demonstrate a willingness to kick-off your own plotlines and events. We’re not willing to spoon-feed, and instead are looking to foster an environment that encourages spontaneous, off-the-cuff roleplay. Creativity! We want all sorts of characters. Beautiful characters, ugly characters, jealous characters, generous characters, zealous characters and pliable characters. What we don’t want is a cardboard cut-out of Khadgar. Get those cogs in your brain turning! OOC Maturity! Play nice. Recruitment: From Friday the 16th of September, <The Tirisfalen> will be found in the Scarlet Raven Tavern, Duskwood, in the shadow of the tower. Any man or woman who wishes to answer the Tirisgarde’s summons should approach Calum Corder there and make their intentions known. At present the order is on the trail of an an ancient tome known as ‘Aranal Ban’dinoriel’ - ‘Arise, Gatekeeper’ in the old elvish tongue. The text is an index, kept by the imperial archivists of Edre’thalas, which catalogues every demonic entity known to the arcane council of Zin’Azshari. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I will take my place amongst the legends of the past. - Medivh, the last Guardian.Calum29 3h
3h [RP-H] Grotesque Burlesque - Hallow's End! Hallow’s End celebrates the break of the Forsaken from the Scourge. Tonight we celebrate this with an extravagant journey of joy, craziness, artistic experimentation and creative decadence – it’s a participatory costume party, a party by artists for artists; and you are invited! Date: October 23rd Time: 20:00-23:00 Faction: Horde Location: The Filthy Animal - Dalaran (Northrend) Contact: Siavash (host) , Baerockt (Photographer) Argent Archives: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/180436 Theme: Deadly Delicious Music: https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/grotesqueburlesque 19:45-20:00 Portal Service 20:00 Portrait Booth: Treasure the memory of a good evening, in your most outrageous costume! 21:00 Relay Race: Team up with 3 and win the game! 22:00 Nominations: The winner of best costume and best performance will be chosen! 23:00 Fireworks Show: No party without fireworks! 20:00-23:00 Surprises: Everything can happen at the “Grotesque Burlesque”! This event is the second event in the series of “Grotesque Burlesque”: An event hosted for the artistic, daring and provocative people of Azeroth, to gather and unfold an enchanting, improvised show off together! As “Grotesque burlesque” indicates, there will be a burlesque dress code with the theme: “Delicious Delights”; meaning you have to go for a costume fitting the theme of death, with an extravagant twist. The best costume is rewarded with the first prize of a magic lamp, to guide them in dark times! Apart from the planned contests, this event is all about improvisation! Everyone at this party can provide a show, to provide an experience not only for themselves but for others at the event too. With a playful mind and the courage to improvise, you encounter curious happenings: A witch serving questionable potions? A ghost spooking the quests? - Anything can happen tonight! This event has a specific theme, and it is encouraged that you take on the challenge, pushing your own boundaries and finding intriguing ways to create a moment of interaction at the event. ... What is a party without music? Embrace the spooks and gasps and spine-chills as you step into the scary and exciting musical graveyard of the deadly delectable quintet, “The Grimling Brothers & Orchestra”. For one night, their unholy instruments will wail and shriek mesmerizing banshee howls and take you on a deathly adventure through the musical underworld, with such undying classics as, “The Scarring Party”, “Caravan of Thieves” and “Tragic Tantrum Cabaret”. So don your finest top-hat, bring all your ghostly friends and fetch an invitation to their once-in-an-unlifetime power performance that could – and will - raise the dead! ... - Show Respect: we are here to create something festive for everyone! We kindly ask everyone to avoid stirring up distractive drama during this event. - Speak Orcish: This is intended to be a fun and inclusive event for everyone. It really can be a show stopper to be excluded from the fun through language barriers! - Understand that Siavash will be busy: His priority will be to be a good host for all the guests. Unrelated whispers, even if they are sent with good intentions, will be ignored. Please don't take personal offense, but instead try to help each other. ... Q: How should I dress up? A: You have to design a costume for yourself, which can be categorized as burlesque, with a twist that fits the theme of so. Q: How does the Relay Race work? A: Teams of 3 are supposed to finish 3 laps on a prepared route through Dalaran’s central square: The 1st runner gets a baton that they must race to deliver for the next runner, as fast as possible. The race does not only require speed, but also dexterity, as each runner must pass and answer correct to a riddle by each of the three post guards, divided out on the route. The first team that finish the race with their last team member, wins the game! Q: What can you tell about the Portrait Booth? A: The portrait booth will be set up, so you can buy a picture of you, in your most outrageous costume! The picture will be in best quality, and you can choose to either have it cropped as a: 590x150 Profile Banner (250 gold) 1920x1017 Full body/Group Portrait (500 gold) or a 590x830 Bust Portrait (300 gold) Q: What surprises do you have in mind? A: I have none in mind! The surprises will only happen, if some of the visitors takes the leap to bring a show: Which they may be rewarded for, if they win the competition as best performer! Q: What shows could I do? A:. Basically an improvised performance, game, stall or show, fitting the theme of death.: That could for instance be to set up a “Helya’s Blues”-song, or a served platter of finger food “with extra crispy nails!”: In other words: Be creative! Q: How do I get to the party? A: We will have portals sorted out! Q: Where will the stage be? A: There is no stage; the entertainment will be amongst the fellow guests and visitors! The Filthy Animal has a big ground floor and a first floor, giving plenty of space for everyone to work with, and a cool monstrous setting. Other questions? Contact Siavash!Siavash7 3h
4h [H-RP] Irontusk Vanguard - Ironwolves IRONTUSK VANGUARD Website: http://irontusk.vanguard.shivtr.com/ (Check our screenshots in Media section!) Theme :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfmoyTL64R0 Short video about one of our campaigns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-06V6B0tNg Current IC camp: Kalimdor -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OOC Info: The Irontusk Vanguard was formerly known as the Irontusk Clan, however suffering from heavy losses in the war on Draenor and no way to quickly replace them, the Clan has joined forces with the Horde and now recruits from multiple races of the Horde. Their purpose is to crush the enemies of the Horde and mold its warriors into the deadliest the Horde has ever seen. This the Irontusk hopes to achieve with harsh training and dangerous missions, culling the weak and leaving only the strongest. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Common questions: You clearly look like a military themed guild. True, we indeed are a military themed guild, but there's further more. as explained, we were an orcish clan, with our own traditions and and practices. We have an internal Clan structure, with Chieftain, Head Shaman, Second in Command... Our main and sacred tradition is the called "Rite of Iron". Those orcs that reach the Wartusk rank within the Irontusk, are invited to join the clan through this ritual, which involves the removal of one of the tusks and replace it with one of iron. So if your character is more inclined to tribal-spiritual matters, you will also find it here. Do you accept all races? No. We accept only Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Ogres and Goblins. Do you use uniforms? Yes and no. There is a new uniform system set out for certain guild campaigns mainly in Rp-PvP . The main reason for this will be to make us look more like a horde military unit when interacting with other guilds. ... The Uniform sets are as follows: Plate: ... Mail: ... Leather: ... Cloth: ... -WEAPONS AND BELTS ARE OF FREE CHOICE, HELMETS OPTIONAL- What kind of events can I expect? The Irontusk do anything from recon missions, to assaulting fortified enemy positions, to defending our own lines or training and preparing for the coming battle. Often deployed deep into enemy territory or on the front lines only returning to a safe base to re-supply. The lay-out of the events depend on the situation the Irontusk currently faces (Like with most guilds). If the oppertunity arrises, you will find we do not shun away from RP-PvP events against the various guilds of the Alliance. What do you expect of me OOC and IC? IC: Discipline, Loyalty, and respect towards you superiors, this does not mean you may not voice your opinion but does mean you can't go disrespect your superiors and not expect harsh consequences. OOC: A good attitude towards fellow guildies, a sense of humor, a open mind and common sense and a basic knowledge of lore and ofcourse knowing the RP-standards and of course... Activity! Where can I find you? The Irontusk is deployed where the Horde needs it to be on the different continents of Azeroth and Draenor. The quickest way to find us is to whisper Garaghák, Duromm, Tootsie, Sergroth, Gurmor, Krugra Rogkar or Kuryna in-game for our current location. Ranks and their purpose: Rank is something of value in the Irontusk, it shows your position within the Vanguard and is prove of your loyalty, detication, and strenght. To advance in rank one must prove itself to the Officers and the rest of the Vanguard. When one or multiple individuals are being noticed they will have to undergo a test to see if they are really worth the promotion. If they fail the test they may try again the week after. Thanks for your attention! See you in Azeroth! LOK'TAR OGAR.Durom480 4h
4h [Forsaken RP] The Rotgarde lurches... [Thread #8] ... A tailor's work was humble, yet even now in this brave new age Lordaeron had a vast hunger for his talents. By now his fingers, once pale with death's touch, were stained the gaudy purple of the Dark Lady's regime. Hood after hood, surcoat after surcoat.. he chortled softly under his breath as he fumbled for a set of shears. ... ... ... The Rotgarde is still recruiting Forsaken to join us in loyal service to the Forsaken nation as we march joyously onwards towards a reunification of the seven lost kingdoms of mankind under the omnibenevolent Queen Sylvanas Windrunner. As well as portraying an aggressive & nationalist segment of the greater Forsaken army (including frequent RP PVP events, both restricted or otherwise) the Rotgarde's fervent support of the Forsaken regime serves to place them as a minor power vying for political favour amongst the Dark Lady's court, where they hope their heroism in battle might elevate them to dizzy heights. This opens the door for RP based around politics, faith, factionalism, etc - so there is (hopefully) something for everyone. We have an AA profile over at http://www.argentarchives.org/node/33853 that has further information For recruitment purposes you can contact Valter, Famine, Fearless, Daleryn, Nelson, Conquest or myself, though I'm sure any other member could point you in the right direction.Perroy376 4h
4h [Event] [Horror RP] The Broadcast CHAPTER I - Act I - Hello? It was a systematic night for Crosswire, radio operator of the Gearfist IBS. Cursed with agoraphobia, he found comfort in the lonely Radio Room, barricaded from Azeroth while snooping to all kinds of conversations. The naked feet rest on top of the work desk, amongst mechanical parts and scraps. The goblin fiddles with a broken buzzbox, enjoying the solitude t – eh?! A distorted transmission bursts out of the broken radio! Surprised, by the sudden noise, Crosswire tosses it to the ground. The buzz continues under the constant gaze of the goblin… He glances at the battery, resting on top of the disorganized desk, amazed by the possibility of the device functioning with no power source! He remains idle, staring at the fallen buzzbox. The eerie broadcast proceeds, echoing across the room, the distorted shrieks mutate into high pitched words, of not one – but many, speaking in unison. Crosswire breaks out of trance, rushes to the nearest recorder and captures the transmission, enthusiastic – his fingers dance across the equipment spread across the room – he is trying to track the signal back to its source. The message ends as unexpectedly as it started. Silence… Crosswire sighs and picks up the radio, studying it. He might not know what it was, for now; but he knows where it came from: Silverpine, Eastern Kingdoms. PS: If you want to listen to Crosswire’s recording follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgVlJa7T84ANimsil5 4h
5h [TAUREN-RP] The Spirit Wolves - HIGHMOUNTAIN! http://thespiritwolves.net Tauren RP Guide here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12440035910?page=1 (Please see third post down for members you can contact with queries) The Spirit Wolves is a Tauren exclusive roleplaying guild whose name has been a part of the Argent Dawn Community since 2008. However, many changes have befallen us and though none of our original members are now with us, the Spirit Wolves has taken a new lease of life with a new management team, new members and new lore and ethic. We are a friendly bunch of players and have a fun and active out of character relationship, keeping in touch through our Skype channel even while not online! We also engage in voice comms and help each other in gear runs if needed. We highly believe in having fun in this game and not getting bogged down or frustrated with the drama that sometimes comes with a large server or in character. However, we are also a guild that needs regular attendance and communication to work; being a tribe it is important that everyone knows what is going on with each character in their community! Basic Info: ... The Spirit Wolves refer to themselves as a tribe; however they differ from this in some ways. The Spirit Wolves are a band of Tauren from all walks of life, brought together for a number of reasons such as turmoil, loneliness or simply seeking their own path in life. They travel the land, working together to overcome strife, honour the Earth Mother and aid those who may cross their paths. The Shu’halo of the Wolves are led by a Council rather than a single Chieftain, each guiding their people through the now dangerous lands that surround them. Weekly meetings brings the entire tribe together, to discuss events, threats and their next steps. ... The Spirit Wolves unites lost Tauren under a joint cause of family and loyalty. We are not a warband and do not engage in rp-pvp or large war-based events unless a valid reason for us doing so is found in character. However, the Wolves often find themselves in situations where combat is necessary, either because of random attacks or due to our running storylines. Though some nights are spent casually chatting around campfires and exchanging stories, we pride ourselves in diverse variety and combat, games, moral-choice and puzzles often appear in our events and plotlines. ... We are nomadic, meaning we spend our time mostly in Kalimdor but in various camps and settings. We may spend anywhere from one to five weeks per camp, depending on the plotline. ... We simply have our own way of doing things. We also have our own lore, rites of passage and ceremonies tailored and designed specifically for our guild and our members. Our rites can be a lot of fun, with the first set required for being a full in-character tribe member and the advanced ones offered to our long-term members to take if they so choose to! ... Yes. Again this has been tailored specifically for our guild and its members. However it is very simple and easy to grasp as let’s face it, sitting with a pen and paper doing maths breaks the enjoyment and immersion! ... Spirit Wolves has never been a large guild and especially now as it is run by new people, we are exercising a cap at 15 active members (excluding alts). The reason for this is simply to keep our guild close, personal and cosy where we know every character and person behind them and can focus on helping that person be as integrated as possible into our family. ... We have one event on a Tuesday at 8 server time and a meeting on Thursdays at 9pm server time. There is usually another optional floating event each week also. Apart from that, we roleplay regularly each evening in casual settings.Istu206 5h
5h <The Antsy Anvil> Establishing Connections! <The Antsy Anvil> is now open! Located next to The Shady Lady lay the steelsmiths that are no strangers to steel! We're a group of Craftsmen and Apprentices who with time and experience hope to establish connections all over the City, and within the Alliance. We sell; craft, anything from a small dagger to a bulk-load of plate armour suits for the customers, may you be a private military, a peculiar individual who's looking for that perfectly refined steel, or a passerby who's hobby is collecting 'spaulders'? Some OOC Information. I personally believe that distributing quality steel instead of everybody having to use NPC's for their steelwork is a lot better and contributes moreso to the RP community. I've never seen this idea done before, so I hope to lay the foundations of an industry that one day could result in a great; legitimate, reliable service. We're looking for connections, people to craft for; people to support the shop in its wares. We also don't shy away from people wishing to contribute to the crafting of wares. If your character's interests lay with the protection of a shop; book-keeping, finely placed needles. Anything that relates to a Trade Profession, you can also join the Anvil and help with the distribution. Should anybody have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact me in-game. I'm new to this, and it's just an idea at the moment, anyone interested you know where to find me. I'd also like to know what everybody thinks about the idea of a Blacksmith's producing IC wares for guilds, individuals instead of everyone having to use NPC's. Everything's done completely IC, the payment, etc. This is also one of my very first forum posts, criticism and help is generously appreciated! Kailum.Kailum8 5h
6h [H-RP] Wayfarer‘s Brewfest Clebration *you might have seen a placard in Silvermoon City or someone handed you a flyer* WAYFARER’S BREWFEST CELEBRATION Come and celebrate the Brewfest with the Wayfarer‘s Inn! On the 1st of October we invite one and all to our fist Wayfarer‘s Brewfest Clebration Drinks, fun, games, more drinks and your favourite honeyed bartender will make it the place to be, so don’t miss out! The program Fearsome PvP Battles Ten fighters go in… all come out but only one gets to take the Garn Nighthowl home. First place: Garn Nighthowl and the bragging rights Second place: Burning Blade Runner ups: Free Drink Voucher for the Wayfarer‘s Inn Begin: 18:30h Dizzy Drinking Contest How much can YOUR stomach take? Drink till you can no more, the last one to puke is the winner! First place: Your very own Tankard (off-hand transmog mug) Runner ups: Free Drink Voucher for the Wayfarer‘s Inn Begin: 19:30 Brewfest Selfie Competition (only for Discord users) Make it memorable! And then take a picture, it lasts longer! Show us your funny, ridiculous, drunk, amazing pictures of what you have witnessed during our celebration. First place: one Lucky Shirt Runner ups: Free Drink Voucher for the Wayfarer‘s Inn Runs from 18:30h to 20:30h, winners are announced after the auction Wayfarer‘s Raffle First Prize: Coalfist Gronnling Second Prize: one brand new Hexwave bag Third Prize: Lifelike Mechanical Frostboar (lvl 1) Prizes 4-10 random pet (lvl 1) or Darkmoon Fair Quest item (Netherspawn, Spawn of Netherspawn, Sister of Temptation, Spring Rabbit, Soothsayer's Runes, Fallen Adventurer's Journal etc) Prizes 11 – 20 random clothing item (Lovely Purple Dress, Gilnean Robes, Elegant Dress etc) Sales start at 18h, winners are announced after the auction Sexy Singles Auction Five amazing Ladies and Gentlemen will be auctioned off to accompany you on a lovely night (or day) out so get your gold bags and start bidding! Begin: 20:00h To sign up for auction or competitions come by the Wayfarer‘s Inn and ask your bartender for more information.Aircea9 6h
6h [H/A - Event] Jade Serpent Autumn Festival In memorial of the heroes and beloved ones who has fallen for their allies, everyone is invited to the Jade Serpent Autumn Festival, in Dawn's Blossom, to celebrate reunion and boost the moral of what is worth fighting for! Date: 10th of September Time: 20:00 Server Time Location: Dawn’s Blossom, Jade Forest, Pandaria Faction: Neutral Organiser: Siavash Windfarer Argent Archives: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/178190 Hashtag for event: #JadeSerpentAutumFestival2016 Map: http://i.imgur.com/wJHA61E.jpg The Jade Serpent; the mighty and kind Celestial, whose wisdom has guided the Pandaren through centuries of hardship. The Pandaren people have seen fit to dedicate a festival in Yu’lons’ honour - to provide their thanks for her ageless advice in times of hardship and her bountiful giving grace in times of providence. Thus, to celebrate her kind spirit, invitations to join the Jade Serpent Autumn Festival are extended to all who share her peaceful being - it will be a night celebrating all that is good with Pandaren culture; the finest foods, tales of ages gone past, and an opportunity to reflect on the challenges and triumphs of oneself, one's ancestors and one's people! ... The festival begins with a lantern parade. Of old tradition, lanterns has been used to guide the spirit of the deceased, and to remind the living of the summer that will return after the winter’s darkness! Dress up in your finest Pandaren clothing and bring a lantern with you, as we light up the village through the beautiful ceremony! At the end of the parade, lanterns will be set out on the pond, and up into the air, to light up the village in a memorial of the heroes who has fought for their allies and beloved ones. ... After the parade you will be able to get together for some board games, at the great tavern, in the village. With help from Rayzeel Dawnweaver, you will be teamed up in a group, at a free table, to get started on a game. Hearthstone Decks and dices are ready for you by the tables, along with a set of suggested games. Some are innocent social games, while others are made for drinking. Find out which game is your favourite. No matter which game you aim for, the hall hosts a platform to bring people together, to build new friendships! ... Along with the hosted game hall, you can explore the market place. Humble by size, maybe, but the opportunities are great: Whether you wish to browse or trade, the market for sure has something for you! At the market, you will also find a chance to share the delicious mooncakes, traded by the legendary Hozen chef, Huk-Huk. Sharing mooncakes is one of the hallmark traditions of this festival. In Pandaren culture, a round shape symbolizes completeness and reunion. Thus, the sharing and eating of round mooncakes among friends, family and allies during the festival signify the completeness and unity. A moral boost to strengthen the spirit, for whatever future will bring! ... Some may think that during an invasion as we have seen, it would be lewd to laugh and joke. Others may claim that this is exactly the time when humor is needed, to strengthen the spirit and boost the moral of those who fight! Mayor Windfur enjoys fun, and today he welcomes everyone to his temple, to amuse and delight the spirit. With Kojo Kifokichwa as host, you have the opportunity to either take the stage and make a 5-15 minutes show, or have a seat and watch performances from from each part of the world! Anything is welcome here: Be it a battle pet show, story telling, a magic trick or stand up - creativity will be celebrated with loud applauds and cheers! ... Within the Northern Tower, Siavash Windfarer will be ready to tell something about your past, present and future self, to bring you good fortune on your journey of life! ... When in Pandaria, do as the Pandaren and share a toast to celebrate the festival in good spirit! Along with the varied assortment of exotic brews of plum wine, sake and rice beer, Nik Gi also serves meaty snacks of beef jerky, to keep the salt balance in balance. So have a seat and get ready to experience be knocked out in booze with the strength of a bear! ... If alcohol isn’t your cup of tea, then fortunately Ópalpaw stands ready to find the right one for you, in the Tea Store! Dive into the world of delicate rituals of the ancient Pandaren culture and traditions, and experience the sensation of the warming brew in company of your friends. ... Set out a raft, or take place at the bay, and enjoy a peaceful time at the fishing pond, just outside the village. Who knows, with a bit of luck, you might catch one of the wise, ancient green carps that is rumored to hide in the pond! ... Per tradition, the festival ends with a bombastic fireworks extravaganza, at 23:00 (Realm Time)! Launchers will be installed by the border of the pond, in the center of the village, and everyone are welcome to bring rockets along to use, to scare off the evil spirits and bring our factions good fortune!Siavash54 6h
6h [H-RP] The Horde's Shadow - War band - Recruiting! I begin by apologising for the length of our thread, this is our comprehensive guide to our guild where you will find all the information you need about our guild. Important information can be found in posts 1 & 2. Thank you for reading and all feedback will be appreciated. IMPORTANT UPDATE: As our guild continues to evolve naturally IC, steps have been taken to modify it into something more solid based on the wishes and needs of the community who use it. A lot of consideration has gone into these changes and we hope will make the guild a better place as we go forwards into Legion. It is therefore necessary for us to begin a new forum thread to reflect these changes and deliver the most accurate information possible! ... Basic Guild Information. What is The Horde’s Shadow? The Horde’s Shadow is a Multi-racial specialist task force assembled under the orders of High Command to act as one of the many spear heads within the Horde. We deal with the missions that require high levels of skill, integrity and knowledge whilst maintaining the strong and deep-rooted traditions of the Horde. Whilst we aim to protect the Horde and their people, we also act as the shining example of what it means to be members of the Horde and encourage the traditional ways of life to continue amongst the various races. Whilst primarily working alone as a unit, if the situation arises, the war band will be there to answer the call to arms and help defend the Horde with the other war bands. We aim to take those experienced in military affairs or have extensive battle experience, however if you want to play a beginner to soldier life, we can devise a training programme to make sure you’re the best you can be! What Makes You Different? We follow the ethos: What you put into the RP you’ll get out of it. This means that the more time and effort you put in, the greater the reward will be and the better experience you have. We’re a fast paced guild that encourages members to make events and their own RP as opposed to being spoon fed. Rather than just logging on for events, you’ll get the most out of this guild by being around when we don’t too! Many war bands follow an almost Alliance style of military RP where the Commander leads his or her minions follow, within the Horde’s Shadow everyone has an opinion. We believe strongly in mutual respect and everyone has a voice to be heard. Whilst we have a military structure that is expected to be adhered to, nobody will ever be told to shut up for having an idea. We focus primarily on character development, personal storylines where we can and making personal events for members to help them develop. We try to set up each character with a goal of sorts be it attaining a certain rank or reaching a certain IC skill level to give them something to work towards during the RP. Furthermore we’re not a city based guild, we’re actively out in the world and very rarely at the base other than to resupply, recover or regroup prior to a new mission. If you want city based RP this is not the guild for you to be looking in. What Can The Guild Offer Me? As a guild we try to offer the most immersive experience we can, keeping as much as possible IC. We try to set out character goals and aims that will encourage you as a character and a player to develop and want to seek out roleplay in order to further these goals. Furthermore we offer a relaxed environment where we want YOU to get as involved as possible both IC as a character and OOC how a guild operates. We believe in community > dictatorship. One of the things we’re asked a lot is if we do server events. The answer is YES but only if they are suited to our needs and workings of a guild. Whilst we enjoy the epic scale server events can bring, we try to keep to smaller more detail orientated storylines that get everyone involved rather than be a member of a crowd. Traditional Horde values are the core element of our guild; we stick to these like glue and do not deviate from them. Honour, strength and loyalty are the key principles we follow whilst also ensuring our own racial traditions don’t die out. If you have a disagreement solve it with a brawl, we don’t mind. We’re the Horde at the end of the day, we’re known for our brutality in order to survive. Finally, with us you’ll find OOC and IC are kept entirely separate. IC actions have IC consequences and you will have to face these as and when they arise. We don’t take it into OOC at all and would rather praise you than belittle you for such things! OOC your feedback is always welcome and if you have an idea for the guild yell, we’ll try to find a way to accommodate it if it works and can be beneficial! Where are you based? We are now based within the fortress of Bilgewater Harbour (The big building with the goblin cannon stuck atop it) in Azshara. The main residence is the four huts on the lower level at the back of the fortress, but as a specialist unit, we have a fortified position for times of war that has good access to the city of Orgrimmar and links to Ashenvale and also access to a harbour and naval supplies as we need. It should be noted we’re very rarely at the base as we’re constantly travelling on missions and assignments, but it’s a nice place to call home.Árani80 6h
6h [RP MAP] Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms Greetings Argent Dawn, The initiative continues, in several occasions our guild has presented you with concepts for a realm RP map. And considering the interest was exceptionally positive, we decided to double the efforts. What is the map for? The map is meant to pin down locations of guilds and (in future) individual characters. It is meant to assist role players in Argent Dawn to find RP yet also a tool for guilds to potentially engage in diplomacy or cross paths. How does it work? For you, it works fairly simply, simply go to the link below and the map will show up. If you wish to make a pin, simply find the coordinates you wish for the pin, and click to make one. It will be sent to us, and we will approve or deny it. Can I move my pin afterwards? Yes you can, you will simply be able to put down a new coordinates you wish, and yet again we will approve or deny. Will I be able to use the map as an embed? Currently, we are not sure. We are definitely considering it, will come back to you on that. Who is to credit for this map? The idea initially came from me, all the coding and hosting for the map has been done by Satome. Definitely give him some love. What happened to the old pins from the other thread you made? We still have them, when the map comes out they will already be on the map set and ready. I have another idea, which might make it easier for guilds to engage in diplomacy. An idea would be to color the pins slightly to show if certain guilds might be in an alliance. Just let me know what you think about that. If you have more questions or ideas I would love to know. PROTOTYPE: DEMO.VHPVM.ORG THE MAP IS LIKELY RELEASING THE COMING WEEK The thread will be updated and bumped when it has with the title changedVandos5 6h
7h [Horde] [Meeting] ❖ The Gathering ❖ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ⓘ NEXT MEETING ON 24 SEPTEMBER 20:00 - accepting submissions ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Discussion and questions are to be found on the following thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16884960302 ... Even though, at the beginning – and officially – this meeting had a more imposing name. It became known; simply – as “The Gathering”. A time and place, where all the faces of the Horde would gather to receive help, advice and instructions. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Argent Archives page: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/170504Nimsil81 7h
7h The Blood of Azzinoth (A-DH/RP) “For ten thousand years, the Demon Hunter has waged an unseen and thankless war against the Burning Legion. Ours is a life of solitude not for our own sakes, but for the sakes of those we strive to protect. But history has shown that even the greatest paragons can fall to depravity. It must never happen again. Our enemies and our allies have good reason to fear our kind. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Each and every one of us wages an unending war against evil, but the greatest evil is that which dwells within, and is the hardest war to win.” ------------------------- The In-Character When the Demon Hunters were sprung from their prisons by the Wardens and rejoined the Alliance and the Horde to fight the Burning Legion, not all went back to their old ways. Nemyth, a staunch defender of her people, was singled out by a leader within the Watchers and given a task; if the greatest of them, Illidan, could fall to madness so too could his now loosed followers. Gather a group of like-minded individuals and, under the gaze of the Watchers, prevent any more wayward brothers and sisters from falling from grace and following in His footsteps. The Blood of Azzinoth represents Demon Hunters who have split away from the Illidari, either through an agreement of ideals, mutual respect or more heavy-handed means. These Demon Hunters have taken the next step and rejoined their people and the Alliance, under the stern charge of the Watchers. The Watchers fulfil the role of observer and minder as opposed to jailer and keeper, guiding and advising the Demon Hunters along a path that will (hopefully) bring them closer to their people, the Alliance and to Azeroth as a whole, and away from their solitary existence. This, of course, isn't without its own sacrifices... Due to the specialist nature of a Demon Hunter, their mission is twofold – destroy the Burning Legion and its minions, and protect the interests of the Kaldorei and the Alliance. Notably, this has included the pursuit and eradication of any Demon Hunters who have forsaken Azeroth and joined forced with the Burning Legion, of which there are a startling number of. The Blood specialises in the hunt and trains to combat these renegades with the support of the Watchers, and the sentence is death. This may of course naturally draw the ire of Illidari loyalists who see the Blood as traitors, outsiders and renegades themselves who have forsaken Illidan and his mission for an existence back in chains. Some within the Blood may agree to some degree, but may as well come to enjoy the relative safety that the Alliance offers, so long as they follow the rules and do not lose their way. Even the Demon Hunters within the Blood are at risk of falling to their own comrades – the promise of power is difficult to resist, and a Demon Hunter is embroiled in a constant struggle with his or her inner demon. A momentary lapse of judgement may set the hunter on a path that directly opposes his calling, and it falls to the Blood to mercilessly hunt down and destroy their former comrade before he or she causes more harm – hopefully without their own people knowing that one of these 'trusted' individuals has fallen from grace. To this end, the Blood follow a set of rules to better keep them under control and add some sense of security to the Watchers. This is to avoid any chance of the demon within luring the hunter down a dark path, which may put other hunters at risk as they are tasked with bringing them to justice. The rules are as follows; - The threat, assault and murder of the innocent, be they Horde, Alliance or otherwise is strictly forbidden under pain of imprisonment or death, depending on the severity of the crime. - The threat, assault and murder of any Alliance citizen is punishable by imprisonment or death, depending on the severity of the crime. Other punishments may be dispensed at the Watcher's mercy. - The threat, assault and murder of the Watchers is punishable by imprisonment or death, depending on the severity of the crime. Other punishments may be dispensed at the Watcher's mercy. - The threat, assault and murder of any Demon Hunter within the Blood is punishable by imprisonment or death, depending on the severity of the crime. Other punishments may be dispensed at the Shan'do or her Glaive's mercy. - The consumption of demonic flesh and blood is to be kept to a minimum. The addiction and the draw of power that comes with it can prove to be a hunter's undoing, and the savage act is horrific to behold for any who do not understand the nature of the Demon Hunter's plight. The Watchers may deign the consumption of demons inappropriate at any given time, within reason. - Use ones own powers sparingly. A show of force is sometimes required, but to dispense your arsenal on a lowly cultist is a show of power too great for the situation. If the greatest of our kind can fall, so too can the lowliest of Demon Hunters. The Shan'do and her Glaives may dispense punishment for reckless abuse of power as they see fit. ------------------------- The Out of Character The Blood of Azzinoth is a guild that is tied to the Alliance, and one of the few if not the only Demon Hunter guild to do so. We're striving for a relatively small but close-knit community where the quality of ones' character and roleplay reigns, and after the pre-release we are working diligently to ensure our standards are set for roleplay within Legion. Due to our 'bond' with the Alliance, we're hoping to work closely with other guilds and fulfil a niche within events and roleplay that the Alliance require – that being the hunting of demons – when or if the Illidari cannot be entrusted to such a task. The Blood is a penal regiment in the sense that they are under constant observation and strain by the Watchers and their peers who keep them on a tight leash and ensure that nothing untoward occurs, and we're hoping that this will generate some interesting roleplay (and conflict) with other Illidari Demon Hunters as well as other Alliance personnel. As with all guilds, we have an OOC set of rules that every member must abide by without exception. The rules are as follows; - Be active. We can't keep things going if members don't show an interest or drum up support. Be active so you don't miss any of the guild's progression be it IC and OOC. Myself or the officers are at liberty to kick members as and when we please if we believe they are not invested enough. Typically this is a week offline without any notification beforehand, or if someone has been logging on and off without roleplaying or contributing to conversation, we may kick them simply as a courtesy to the rest of the guild and anyone else looking to join. - Check the Calendar regularly for events. If there is plot-centric roleplay going on, you'll want to be there. If you know it's there, make an effort to turn up. Again, if we believe someone has been avoiding events and roleplay we may remove them at our own liberty. - Public ERP is not allowed and any instances of it will result in removal from the guild. If you're caught, you're out. No exceptions. - Remember that it's a game about war, not a war about a game. Be courteous to your fellow player be they in the guild or out. In many cases you don't know who you're talking to, and a bit of politeness goes a long way. If someone is giving you bother, report it to an officer. - That being said, don't be offended by every little thing. This is by no means a PC guild and there will be topics some people find not to their liking – it isn't your place to decide what people talk about unless it does become a serious problem, in which case you shouldn't kick up a fuss and instead report it to an officer.Nemyth53 7h
7h Argent Dawn on Plug DJ 1. Treat everyone with respect, don't argue solely to argue. 2. No spamming in chat. 3. No Troll, Meme, Religious or political songs, I.E anything that could or is related to any political party or ideology past or present.* 4. No mass queueing the same artist and/or song. 5. No songs that will blow out anyones eardrums or speakers. 6. No songs exceeding a limit of seven (7) minutes.** 7. Moderators may choose to remove DJers who go AFK. 8. Moderators have the last say in what is or can be in violation of all above.*** * Folk and traditional music may or may not be allowed unless there is any political, religious themes. ** In some cases longer songs are allowed aslong as it is not longer for the purpose of griefing or trolling. *** Violating any of the above may or may not result in temporary bans or if need be permanent bans. https://plug.dj/ad-radioTanvar151 7h
7h Flashcog's Comedy Hour Why did the girl roll down the hill? Cos she was stupidFlashcog5 7h
8h Do you use artifact skins IC? How many of you are using artifact skins in character to represent your character's weapon and what are your opinions on using the artifact skins of the more famous weapons like Doomhammer or Scythe of Elune? I'm thinking of using one of the variations of the 3rd Havoc artifact skin once I acquire it and I have plans to use various artifact skins on my alts to represent their weapons.Selendras90 8h
9h [A-RP] <The Silver Charge>, Crusaders & their allies The Silver Charge Who are we? - IC A group of Crusaders and their allies. They first banded together at the defense of Moonbrook. Lead by the charismatic Crusader Ironwood, they held the forces of the Burning Legion at bay. After the dust has settled following Highlord Fordring's death, the newly formed Silver Hand awarded Helena with a promotion and put her in charge of the platoon on site. Named the 'Silver Charge' following their daring advance on the Burning Legion, their mission was simple; Take the fight to the Legion's doorstep. Be it a pious paladin, a cunning rogue or a vengeful demon hunter, all who oppose the demons are welcome by the campfire. Who are we? - OOC A group of level headed players, looking to enjoy colourful, fun & engaging narratives. On top of all that, we are looking to casually raid & dungeoneer. Our priority will always remain Roleplaying, however we believe PvE will help keep things fresh. What do we offer? Characters, events & narratives you probably won't find anywhere else. We hope to offer memorable encounters, fun & excitement with our events or just day to day roleplay. We promise that there'll always be a twist just around the corner! You'll be kept entertained. Considering our already colourful cast, character drama is quite frequent. Not everybody has to be friends just because they're fighting for a common goal! Structure & Hierarchy - IC The Silver Charge used to be a chapter of the Argent Crusade. Now they serve under the banner of the Silver Hand. The core members are comprised of either members of the Crusade, the Brotherhood of the Light or the Silver Hand. Other honorary members are allies willing to lend a hand in the defense of Azeroth. They are lead by a Lieutenant, who has her Sergeants to keep the troops in line. The officers surround themselves with a trusted Inner Circle of outsiders. Regular members are the Grunts, who're there to follow orders. Structure & Hierarchy - OOC We're a rather liberal bunch. We often discuss event ideas & how to handle situations concerning the guild, with officers having the final say in the matter. As far as events are concerned, anyone's allowed to host them. As far as narratives go, we'll roll with every punch. We're here to have fun, not to police every thought that crosses your mind. We want your ideas, we want to experience the stories you want to tell, we want to interact with your characters. How do we recruit? Rather simply! Send us in-game mail or a whisper and we'll get in touch with you. After a short series of questions, if we're satisfied with your answers, you'll be asked to attend a short little Roleplay session. If we like your character's style, you'll be invited to the guild. If you're invited to the guild, you'll undergo a two week trial period during which we'll determine if you're truly fit for us. Thank you for reading and we hope to hear from you soon!Helená39 9h
11h When should you be forced to RP? Yo, so, I've recently hit upon something of an impasse and I'm curious as to how many people agree/disagree with me on this 'cus the answer is gonna be kinda important regarding how I proceed past this point. When is it okay to push other people to RP? I've found myself really enjoying Legion, and I mean really enjoying it, but I've come into a bit of a conflict with people who say I should be RPing instead. Now, I dunno why but for the past few months I've not been able to really get my head in the game as far as RP is concerned, but I am enjoying the presence of my guildies and the content that Legion is providing. Is that wrong of me? Like, I'm not being sarcastic here, does a guild member have an obligation to RP if they are online, regardless of if they're feeling it or not? I've always seen guilds, even RP guilds, as collections of people who enjoy doing things together first and foremost. Before everything else I figure people should enjoy each-other's company and that should be the heart of the guild. But what does that mean for an RP guild? Does an RP guild have different rules? Because it can be difficult for GMs to be making content and you're online but you don't feel on your best or you have something else you want to do. So yeah... would be nice to know the general consensus on this, because I dunno how to progress forwards until I get a bit of clarity on this issue. Thanks. ...Haalibel58 11h
11h [A/N-RP] The Fallen Leaf: Pandaria's Second Defense ... ...The Fallen Leaf was once a wandering neutral order with a purpose to help those in need of aid; work as heroes for the weak. Now the order has a different goal, which is to disassemble the Shado-Pan and bring a change to Pandaria, to help the continent's populace to form an army of their own, independent from a single group to rule over them. Instead, they aim for Pandaria to operate under the Celestials, and the mayors of each region. Of course, these goals are years away from their reach with their current numbers and power, so the focus will be on becoming stronger, larger and more organised as an order. To gain a foothold outside of Pandaria, and in secrecy, inside of it. To do so, the Leaf will operate as group of mercenaries under different aliases, while preparing the uprising behind the scenes. The order continues to follow the philosophy of the Fallen Leaf, and enforces a set of rules to make sure everything works fluidly. ...The Fallen Leaf will be partaking most community events and campaigns with different excuses, which means that we might fight against Horde (or the Alliance) under the alibi of having been hired by someone to do so. We will also try to host community events, as well as hold DM events of our own. The RP will focus on perfecting oneself as a warrior, through training, philosophy and experience. Alongside this, the order continues to work on strengthening its influence and power to fight the Shado-Pan in the distant future. We will do plenty of traveling and so change location very often. We will also put emphasis on individual character development. Everyone will stand out, but it also requires you yourself to take initiative. Everyone can host guild events, but officers/guild master should be informed about the overall idea of the event. ...W̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶h̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶.̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶i̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶-̶t̶y̶p̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶C̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶O̶O̶C̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶h̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶o̶n̶s̶i̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶i̶e̶s̶.̶ We have simplified our rank system by taking out the non-fighter ranks and instead using the fighter ranks for everyone.T̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶O̶O̶C̶ ̶-̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶X̶i̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶-̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶O̶O̶C̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶o̶n̶s̶i̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶.̶ The ranks are now IC, and mirror their IC progress in the guild as well as OOC. The responsibilities are similar to their OOC counterparts. ... ...Basic understanding of English and RP, and the willingness to improve and take advice are probably the most important of the requirements for us. We also expect you to be able to behave in the game world, and in guild chat, which probably goes without saying. To join, you may contact: Shuang (Shúang, Arysa or Kasuga) or if none of aforementioned are online, feel free to whisper any other member. As for races and classes, all combinations are welcome to join. And last, but not the least: ... ...Shuang375 11h
11h The Starlight Beneficiary Market (Repost from AA) The Starlight Beneficiary Market For the Legion-Made Homeless in Market On the 24th of September, human calendar, Starlight will hold a grand beneficiary market in favour of those rendered homeless by the recent Legion attacks. It will, assuming the area is not victim to the Legion, be held in Thelsamar, Loch Modan. The market will feature merchandise from this world and beyond. From the deserts of Uldum to the great tree of Teldrassil. From Azeroth to outland to Draenei-crafted tools of far-away designs. There will also be games. Everything from Tonks fighting Tonks, open to adults and children alike, to wrestling of topless, well-oiled men (or so we hope). The market will finalize in a great auction where volunteers sell their skills to highest bidding! So come, bring your friends, and bring your family. After the legion we could all use a smile and some time to relax. Date: 24 September 2016 Time: Somewhere around 18:00 Location: Thelsamar, Loch Modan Faction: Alliance Event details: The market will start around 18:00 at around but anyone who wishes to set up a stall to sell are encouraged to show up before this - and anyone who wishes to show up early are welcome. Anyone is welcome as a merchant at the event, and you may even sign up at the gate. We do encourage you to tell us ahead of time, since we'd like to give any merchants a run-through of the rules for merchants and what we expect from them due to the beneficiary nature of the market. To sign up ahead of time, contact Lyssea, resident of Ironforge. Around 20:30 we will hold the great auction. Volunteers are 'sold'/hired by highest bidding to perform a task, entirely voluntarily. Volunteers from Starlight will be present, but we welcome others to step up. We would like to note that this is not a slave market. All people are volunteers to provide a service for an evening, and are free people. Actual slaves can be bought elsewhere. Starlight will even provide an escort to ensure all is done fair and square if either side think it is needed. If either side think it's not going to happen, or just regrets everything, the buyer will be refunded. After the auction the merchants will be asked to provide their share of the money earned. Trade that progresses past this will not be part of the beneficiary goal - though donating further is more than welcome. For questions and further information contact Lyssea OOC details: This market is open for anyone who wants to trade actual items or GHI-items or simply roleplay it out. If you sell something for actual coin, we do not expect to get a cut of the actual coin - just IC'ly give us the share. Merchants are encouraged, but not required, to use one of the signs (such as this one) to note down their stall and what they sell. This will help visitors to find who is selling and what they are selling. A suggested format would be as shown in this example: "Lyssea, Blacksmith, Armor and Weapons" Regarding the auction. First and foremost: IT IS NOT FOR ERP! It's intended as a trade of casual, fully clothed services like cooking a fine meal, help raise a barn, carry-help or any other lovely task that can be given - to facilitate the spreading of RP between guilds and groups. If someone of your guild volunteers, we do encourage you not bid on them. We'd like to spread the RP around. If your character is evil you are still welcome! Just please keep the blood-sacrifices and murders out, thank you. Contact: LysseaNomìne0 11h
11h Cathode's Art 4: Full-Scale Request Incursion. Hello! I think it's about that time again, don't you? It has been almost two months since the last thread! If you don't know what goes on here, take a quick look at these few links at your leisure or expense. Cathode's Art 1: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17289320636? Cathode's Art 2: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17289912507 Cathode's Art 3: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17612053295 Basically, you say a thing and I will provide my best and greatest attempts to ruin the concept. Remember! If you want me to draw somebody who is not your currently posted character, I will need an armory link. I get through these drawings quickly, this will save me quite a lot of time! Otherwise, I am ready. Total Number of Drawings so Far: 82 as of Sunday Morning. Previous Thread Drawings: 265. All images will be reposted here: http://gnomishspareparts.tumblr.com/Cathode234 11h
11h [A-RP] Thirteenth Regiment Welcome to the Thirteenth Regiments recruitment post. The guild is brand new, and the idea of it is to bring consistent and regular RP for it's members with guild quests, that take them out in to the world to interact with the environment and other players. Guild Quests: These will be given to members to with objectives they need to fulfill in order to gain ranks within the guild. These quests can range anywhere from a simple scouting mission, to a temporary trade route between outposts, all the way up to a full scale battle once we get enough members. Events: I'll try to at least some form of training every evening, including battle tactics, weapon skill and so forth. Depending on how many members we'll get I'd like to hold one big event on top of the training events each week, most likely with story line I plan to have for the guild and it's members to follow. Ranks and Activity: I cannot stress enough how important it's for each member of the guild to be as active as possible, this activity should range from recruitment to doing guild activities as often as possible to provide newer members RP. The more active we can be, the more members we can get, which will lead to us having more RP and we being able to provide more RP for the people of this server as well. What you need to join: As stated above, you need to be active. Your level doesn't matter, however we're using the Stormwind set you get from Garrison as our default set. If you decide to join us before getting that set, you'll be stuck on Recruit rank until you are able to get that set. Me along with any officers will be glad to help out as much as we can so you can get that set. It should come as no surprise that you also need patience, as we're a new guild, the first few weeks we might have very little numbers. The ones who show the most activity will be the ones gaining ranks quick, and will be given the option to make their own guild quests. To do list: Website. I need someone who is able to host, edit and manage our website/forums in the near future. Forums will be the place to find guild quests, character profiles and reports, along with everything else you'd expect it to have. Final words: Thank you for reading through this. I hope I peeked your interest, and I hope that we can make better quality RP for Argent Dawn as a whole through the Thirteenth Regiment, and provide people will steady RP that they can trust upon having each day within the guild. Contact me in-game for more info(or any of the officers), I'm always more then happy to answer any and all question, and any suggestions will be noted as well. King's Honour.Gratas4 11h
12h [A-RP] The Violet Eye - Ever Vigilant ... The tavern air was stuffy, even in the evening it was plain that summer was in full swing. No fires were lit, windows were opened, and most of the tavern visitors had donned thin or loose clothing in an effort to combat the heat. John leant back in his seat, the bulk of the worgen causing the chair beneath him to creak as he adjusted his weight. He tapped one of his own cheeks, deep in his own thoughts. But his mind was derailed, as a sudden movement on the opposite side of his table, coupled with the screeching of chair legs on the wooden floor, brought him back to reality. “Is this seat taken?” said a charming voice. John groaned internally, bracing himself as he gradually looked across the table to see Panodiana already sitting herself down, despite his lack of response. She was dressed casually, in a finely woven tunic and shirt, not too different in style to his own. The worgen merely snorted, “Well, it is now at any rate” he said. Pan allowed herself a slight chortle, “You’re surprisingly hard to find, Johnny” she mused. Despite her casual and carefree presentation, John took note of a constant fidgeting with her own hands, he sat upright. “Probably because I’m not wearing my violet robes” he responded, before firmly trying to make eye contact with the woman opposite him. “Now, give me a good reason to not arrest you, and have you teleported to the hold”. Pan blinked, looking taken back, but John quickly added; “Don’t forget, the city of Dalaran still has an arrest warrant on your forehead for your last little... escapade”, he said the last word with distinct venom. Most likely, he would like to say something far more blunt, but he held his tongue. With a slight gulp, Pan shifted her weight in her seat before speaking, “Because you must surely have noticed odd happenings, no? More demon sightings, more unsanctioned warlocks running arou--” she was cut off with a grunt as John kicked her in the shin with a mighty paw, the act hidden beneath the table. “You of all people should know how important subtlety is with such talk” he snapped quietly, glancing about the tavern around the pair. Thankfully, no eyes or ears were pointed their way, with the locals wrapped in their own conversations and merriment. With a slight nod, John admitted “Yes... the Divination team has been discovering more idiots trying to become the next Gul’dan, but I fail to see how this keeps you out of a cell in Dalaran”. Pan shrugged, “Well, because they’re starting to... gather” she said carefully, much to John’s relief as she instead mouthed the word ‘Cults’ afterwards. “You’ll want to look into Westfall soon, they’ve gotten their hands on something that your pointy hatted friends will be very interested in” Pan continued, reverting to a more casual state, arms folded across her abdomen. But John furrows his brow, “And you know of this... how?” he asked in a blunt manner. Pan sighed, rubbing her forehead, before reaching a hand across the table, to touch one of the worgen’s thick arms. “John, don’t you trust--?” she begins, but goes silent as she suddenly finds her wrist gripped firmly by one of John’s far more powerful hands. “As a matter of fact, I don’t” John said, a very slight barring of teeth at the corners of his muzzle. Gulping, Pan remained silent for a moment, before speaking up again. “They’ve got Silver, he was lending a hand in keeping the locals in order after the whole defias thing...” she trails off, as John gradually releases her wrist. Pan is quick to rub the area he had gripped, resisting the urge to wince. Leaning back in his chair, it’s John’s turn to rub his brow. “I still only have your word on this” he points out, but, he peers at her with a stern look. “But... you’re not an illusion, are you? Your illusions are very convincing, but they still miss the subtle cues” he adds, to which Pan looks mildly taken back, but John continues “So you’re here in person, knowing full well that I don’t hold any fondness for you, and would gladly see you locked up for your past transgressions against my order?” There’s a second of silence, two seconds, three. Eventually, Pan yields another nod of her head, briefly pushing the fringe of her hair out of her eyes. “Just... have your divination team look into it, if you find something, then you’ll know I was right” she mutters, barely heard even by John’s canine ears. After a brief moment of hesitation, John delves a large hand into one of his pockets, fishing out a violet gem and starting to channel some form of nonverbal spell into it, as the gem began to hover in his palm. “I don’t know why you’re telling me this, Pan, but you’d better stay put while I--” John starts, but as he looks up from the forming image of one of his colleagues, he finds the opposing seat very much unoccupied. He snorts, furrowing his brow as the image projected by the gem begins to stir into life. “Ah, Master Sear, how can we help? Another imp loose in Goldshire?” Shaking his head, John begins to stand from his seat. “No, something else. Get your team to comb Westfall north to south. I’ve...” he hesitates “...been given an eyewitness statement of cultist activity there, robed figures and all that.” The diviner nodded, “Of the demon kind or the undead kind?” John sighed, “Does it matter?” “No... I suppose it doesn’t, expect a full report in a week’s time, Master Sear--” “Don’t call me that” John snapped. The diviner merely chuckled, “Apologies, John, we’ll get on it at once. And... you may want to visit the beaches of Tanaris”. John blinked, tilting his head to one side. “What for?” he asked, expecting a roaming felguard, or a molten hound, or-- “For your well-being. I have little expertise with the anatomy of a worgen, but it’s quite blatant you’ve been very high strung of late. The relaxation would do you some good.” John merely glared at the diviner, until the image tugged at the collar of his robes uncomfortably. “I will... let you know if we find anything” Weeks later, as the investigations were finally underway, the Kirin Tor and the Alliance mounted their assault on the Broken Isles. The Violet Eye, including John, were asked to remain behind, and keep their usual vigilance for anything abnormal back in the main continents. But the quiet watch was not to last. “Master Sear, we’ve found what your contact may have been referring to. And it’s… uh… you had best come see for yourself. And, bring your blade.”Darianuth25 12h
13h [A-RP] <Spear of Wrynn> - Alliance Heroes We have a website! Check it out to see the members' profiles as well as our current status for recruitment (which is currently CLOSED). http://spearofwrynn.forumotion.com/ If you see any of our members behave inappropriately both in-game and on the forums (aka being complete mongs) do notify me! The <Spear of Wrynn> is an elite task force, who serve the Alliance to help spearhead its many attacks against the Legion across Azeroth. It is a guild for the strongest men and women the Alliance has to offer and will thus be a guild consisting out of “heroes” (read: powerful characters) rather than your average footman. The unit has its name in honour of the recently deceased king Varian Wrynn, who sacrificed his life to save those of the Alliance soldiers at the Broken Shore. Details on their task The Spear of Wrynn will have a diverse amount of tasks designated for them, due to their distinct talents and abilities. Currently, their prime focus will be the Burning Legion and its invasion. They will often be the first to jump into battle and the last to leave it, infiltrate enemy positions and strongholds, aid other forces in need and whatever else they are required to do. With the current storyline there is always the possibility that the task force will find itself fighting the Horde rather than the Legion, if the situation calls for it. So with that, we are leaving the door open for RP-PVP in the future. Base of operations The purpose of the guild is that we will be travelling around Azeroth, thus the Spear will have no permanent lodgings or headquarters. Shore leave, however, will likely leave the members of the Spear in Stormwind or Ironforge. What to expect of us While there is often a focus on ‘realism’ in Argent Dawn’s roleplay, we intend on embracing the high-fantasy setting that it is. As such, you can expect from us to take everything out of our class as we roleplay and combat the Legion. Command structure While the idea of the guild is that everyone is equal, there will still be a basic structure and some people to oversee the unit. For that there will be two ranks - the Officers and the Commander. These people will mainly be officers from an OOC perspective who handle recruitment, events (although we don’t stop anyone from making an event themselves) and any issues that arise within the guild. From an IC perspective they will be more relaxed, in that they won’t be issuing frequent orders or commands, except for when the situation demands it. The ranks will be quite simple and there will only be four: Vanguard, Elite, Officer and Commander. A promotion is based on your overall activity and performance within the guild, but gives no real power over other members. An elite is simply someone who is more experienced within the unit, someone you can turn to who can offer advice (same goes for the officers and commander). Requirements for joining The one requirement there is for joining is that you are max level or are leveling towards it as we will be roleplaying all over Azeroth (and especially the Broken Isles). There is no uniform, although I personally recommend having a tabard to represent your race or the Alliance as a whole - but it is not necessary. As long as your character is part of the Alliance they are eligible to join - that includes Death Knights too! How to join If you wish to join the guild, you need only approach one of the officers or the guild leader by a whisper who will ask you a few questions to make sure you actually know what you’re getting into (for example: reaffirming that this is not a guild for your average Joe the soldier but people who fully embrace their class and can take on missions to those extents). After that your character will be sent a letter, requesting a meeting with the commander or an officer of the guild in order to discuss signing up to the elite task force. Questions If you have any points or questions you would like to make, feel free to either post them here or ask me personally in game. If necessary, after the initial feedback has been received, we will set up a FAQ section of the thread for the reader’s convenience.Lotheridan159 13h
14h [H-RP] Intrest check: Quel'thalas Invasion Remember that this post is only a intrest check aswell as a place for feedback. ... Hello there people of Argent Dawn, I come today with a idea I've been pondering on for a while. Since we are unlikely to see anything along the lines of the demons attacking Quel'thalas, as it looks so far, its still very likely to happen with the Legion putting preasure on many places as far as we are aware. So, I was considering a large scale event where Quel'thalas comes under attack by the Legion, and following that beating them back and stopping them. Aswell as dealing with other things that might apear during it all. So while I have plenty of ideas for it all, the question really comes down to if people that are RPing around those areas would be intrested in somthing like this, and possibly other members of the Horde awell. The event would last for around a week. Having major parts aswell as a few windows where people will have the chance to deal with their own storylines that they might want to explore with somthing like this taking place. So if any of you are intrested, have any feedback, or questions. Simply post them bellow. I'm going to be grabbing the post bellow this and post the system for this. And if theres enough intrest, I will be posting the ideas for the story to go along with this. Aswell as clean up the thread abit, I just wrote it down quickly for now.Matharias31 14h
16h [N-RP] <The Argent Path> - Argent Explorers! ... ... Introduction - Hello one and all! The Argent Path has come to pass! You may remember us as the Northern Priory, those Argents in the background, yes that Priory. We made the executive decision that it was a time for a change, we started off as a holy organization, but became much more than that, an Argent guild that accepts people of all kinds, oh, and we haven't been in the North since April. Who are we? The Argent Path is an Argent Crusade affiliated expeditionary unit, which anyone can as long as they are prepared to follow the ideologies of respect and compassion which are prominent in the Argent Crusade. We are an order which constantly moves around, going on different expeditions, although we'll almost always return to the Plaguelands eventually. We have a strong emphasis on personal story advancement and giving back to the community with public events, as well as all of our journeys and expeditions being open to people who aren't in the guild, so do tag along! What you can expect from us - - Combat events. - Non-combat events! - Mystery and horror based events. - Public events (sermons, tournaments, open classes). - Expeditions all across Azeroth. - Researching different artefacts. - Informal lessons and training sessions where everyones skills are showcased. More Details on Our Guild - Argent Archives Page: http://www.argentarchives.org/node/180166 Website: Coming soon! Recruitment - Our recruitment officers are: Varjhon, Valdermar, Átrex and Derzák, you can find both me and Derzák on AA to ask about recruitment. You can also send us a letter or PM in game or simply walk up to us if you can catch us at a hub. Recruitment usually starts with a short interview followed by a trial period so that we can see what you're like and you can see what we're like.Varjhon4 16h
17h Topic Discontinued This project has been discontinued.Kreborn144 17h
17h [A-RP] Greyheart Collective - Gearing up & recruiting! Do you feel stuck in the city? Wish you were out there in the world? Don’t wish to join your typical military? But wish to find artefacts and face demons on the border of Alliance territory? Do you wish to call a new place home? Look no further! Greyheart Collective is a guild that ventures out of the city and to the borders of the Alliance. It is a dangerous path they take and not without consequences. The Greyheart Collective was founded in memorial to Lord-Colonel Alison Greyheart who died during the colossal military disaster at the Broken Shores. Its primary goal is to find and utilise resources for the Alliance, protecting against any threats to the sovereign power of High King Anduin Wrynn. Members of the Collective follow the four tenants of the organisation; Might, Magic, Intelligence and Mending. Each of these have their own structure of command built from individuals but in the end they all strive for the same goal. Intelligence focuses on scouting, gaining information, interrogation and research. Magic focuses on magical research and magical combat. Might focuses on the guards and soldiers of the Greyheart Collective. Mending are the healers of the people and land. No one will be slotted into one of these and not be able to interact with other members. Everyone is a member of the guild first. The tenants serve as a guideline and inspiration. However the four tenants are represented in the guild leadership (Although the Mender is still vacant). Each are responsible for their own part. Steward Sibalt Heathland is the leader of Might and leads the soldiers and the day-to-day activities. Administrator Reghun is head of the Intelligence and leads the scouts, rogues and hunters. His goal is to have all the information. Grand Mage Davensport leads the Magi, anything that is remotely magical will be examined by her and the other magi. The roles are relatively vague compared to other guilds. This is for a reason. We are a collection of people, loose knit together but with a common goal. We aren’t as structured as a military guild. Some members have a higher rank, that is just to keep order and some form of structure in place, but everyone is a equal member and we hope to encourage members to come up with their own ideas for roleplay. What you can expect A place for your character to call home. We’ll be far away from civilisation, the guild will attempt through a series of events to settle somewhere to have a home base. We’ll provide narrative where your character matters. Choices your character makes will have impact on the story. The events we will run are not on a script they must follow, they are open ended. If we choose to leave behind our gear in a hurry, we might be stuck later on, or if we decide to kill someone when he could be spared, we might get angry relatives on our backs. This means the events are not just fight a few mobs here and there, and then we have a boss that we slay and we all live happily every after. Our members will have to work together and use their smarts to succeed. A lucky roll won’t always save you. We take a D&D-style approach to our events. There are still rolls, and you roll if you succeed. But, make the wrong decision or roll bad and you might get seriously injured or even die. You must be open for that. We wish to have realism. That doesn’t mean we do not accept healing or any magic. We are in a high fantasy setting, which means a lot of things can happen that cannot happen in the real world. Yet there’s still people in Azeroth getting hurt. And we wish to emulate that. What we expect from you We expect our members to be respectful. To attend events when possible. (But real life goes first) Actively roleplaying during events, and when roleplaying outside of it. Accept the consequences of your character’s actions. If he runs into a large pack of demons alone in some heroic attempt he will most likely die, unless you’re rolling in the 90s the whole time. Who do we recruit? We have no restrictions of race or class. To join contact: Sibalt, Reghun or Davensport. Kind regards, SibaltSibalt18 17h
17h [A] Square One - Weekend Raiding Guild Hey everyone and anyone on Argent Dawn, We at Square One are looking to get ready for Legion and conquer the new lands, we are looking for new, old or anything in between players who are looking for a friendly place to come relax and see the content. The main goal of the guild is to actually see the content without having to raid 5 times a week and that is why we decided to make our raid days as a guild on a Friday and a Sunday. We are not ones to ask for super high dps just that you have a positive outlook and actually enjoy the game and want to do stuff as a community or family so to speak. We are looking for members that want to help each other out, not just in boss kills but if say Joe really needs that enchant well guess what lets work on it together as a guild to get Joe that enchant and make him even stronger because that is the way we can grow as a team. Currently we are looking for most things in our raid team but ill keep this part of the thread updated as and when we get people currently we are looking for: 1 Healer 3 DPS (melee or ranged currently we only have ranged) As you can see quite a few spots are open so if you want to try a role you havent tried before or you just like the idea of the guild come whisper us in game and we can get you in to our little community and grow with us. You can get hold of either myself or Zel with the following bnets: Velentry: Chimji#2113 Zelithiya: Nadinya#21822 Hopefully see you in game :) VelVelentry19 17h
17h What Demon Hunter Demons are legit I've seen people with Shivarra, Doomguard and other weird and unusual demons. Aren't those too strong? or Infernals, which aren't really Demons but are constructs. There's this big thread a few pages in about demon hunters and what demons players use in roleplay. Is there proof or material that describes demons and their effects? Like, who in their right mind would bind an Imp? Wouldn't that be, well, lame? Are Felguards the best choice, because power? Are Wrathguards legit, or are they too much, because they count as Eredar?Ithiltaen56 17h
18h Most active heavy RP Guild? Hi guys! I recently returned to Wow and I have been itching to get back in the RP game, and I wanted to know what some of the most active heavy RP guilds are? It's been quite difficult determining which to join.Weissrend22 18h