Welcome to the World of Warcraft Developer Global Q&A. In this thread we'll be collecting questions from you to have answered by our developers. We'll be asking for your question each time a new Q&A Questions thread goes up, having the community vote on them, and posting the answers we receive approximately one week later.
Status: LOCKED - Thanks for your questions and votes everyone!
Here's how this works:
- Starting at the time this thread is made you can post your World of Warcraft question for the developers.
- Around 9:30 Tuesday Morning we're going to reply saying no more questions will be taken, and any questions beyond that point will be ignored.
- Should the thread hit the cap (500 posts), no more questions will be allowed.
- We'll then ask you to use the thumbs-up button to vote for any questions you'd like to see answered. (Please only vote on questions submitted before the cutoff time.)
- Around 17:00 on Tuesday, we'll lock the thread, meaning no more votes will be possible.
- We'll pick out posts with the most votes, collect them with questions from the other regions, and get answers to be posted the following week.
- This process will continue on, with a new question thread going up (weather permitting) and the answers to the previous questions being posted shortly thereafter.
- Only one question per post.
- If your question is answered your character name will be displayed alongside the question.
- Discussion posts are not allowed! If you don't have a question for our developers, you should not post in this thread.
- Once the "no more questions" post is made, please refrain from making additional posts and only vote for your favorite questions.
- You can vote for questions at any time while the thread is unlocked.
- A highly rated post does not mean it will be answered, but we'll do our best to answer as many questions as possible.
- Down votes don't count.
- Don't post or vote for questions you know we won't answer. We're not going to use these Q&As to announce new features, expansions, or release dates, etc. By the same token, we're not going to answer questions that touch on subjects outside of the game and its design.
- Stay on topic! We’re asking for questions regarding a specific topic, if your question isn’t on that topic it’ll probably be down-voted to obscurity by other posters, and more than likely deleted by us.
- Keep your question concise. One to three sentences should be plenty to explain background and ask a question.
- Vote for any and all questions you would like to see answered.
- All votes count. While you can't see vote #'s, we can. Even if a post is highly rated, your vote still means something to that question (potentially) being answered.
In addition, it rewards just recruiting random people (who might only care about the perks) to get guild XP.
What are your thoughts on this issue? Why did you design such a system?
18/04/2011 15:41Posted by ShaginaWhy is the current system so punishing for PvP guilds compared to PvE guilds? While patch 4.1 will remedy this to a certain degree, I'm not sure if it will be enough.
The amount of guild experience rewarded for rated Battleground guild group wins has been dramatically increased.
Players are now rewarded guild experience for Honorable Kills in the field.
Players are now rewarded guild experience for Battleground wins in Battleground brackets up to level 80.
Arena teams are now awarded guild experience for wins. The entire team must be members of the same guild to earn this experience.
Feeling the need to do run random heroics on days we do progression raiding seems wrong, ontop of that after killing ODS heroic on wednesday, all the other farm we do is wasted XP for that day cause we are already capped.
Are you planning to add more guild perk spells;like the current Mass resurrection, Have group will travel and Mobile banking? Because these spells are cool and very useful.
What about some mini-games for higher level guilds? I have an PvE boss arena in mind like we had in the argent tournament. We have to fight with funny weapons (like fish! or a nerfbat) against the avatars (read: pinata forms) of various infamous bosses in the game. With delicious loot as a result! Sounds fun, no?