This week's topic is "Tanking"
LOCKED. Tallying votes and seeking answers.
Here's how this works:
- Starting at the time this thread is made you can post your World of Warcraft question for the developers.
- Around 9:30 Friday Morning we're going to reply saying no more questions will be taken, and any questions beyond that point will be ignored.
- Should the thread hit the cap (500 posts), no more questions will be allowed.
- We'll then ask you to use the thumbs-up button to vote for any questions you'd like to see answered. (Please only vote on questions submitted before the cutoff time.)
- Around 17:00 on Friday, we'll lock the thread, meaning no more votes will be possible.
- We'll pick out posts with the most votes, collect them with questions from the other regions, and get answers to be posted the following week.
- This process will continue on, with a new question thread going up (weather permitting) and the answers to the previous questions being posted shortly thereafter.
- Only one question per post.
- If your question is answered your character name will be displayed alongside the question.
- Discussion posts are not allowed! If you don't have a question for our developers, you should not post in this thread.
- Once the "no more questions" post is made, please refrain from making additional posts and only vote for your favorite questions.
- You can vote for questions at any time while the thread is unlocked.
- A highly rated post does not mean it will be answered, but we'll do our best to answer as many questions as possible.
- Down votes don't count.
- Don't post or vote for questions you know we won't answer. We're not going to use these Q&As to announce new features, expansions, or release dates, etc. By the same token, we're not going to answer questions that touch on subjects outside of the game and its design.
- Stay on topic! We’re asking for questions regarding a specific topic, if your question isn’t on that topic it’ll probably be down-voted to obscurity by other posters, and more than likely deleted by us.
- Keep your question concise. One to three sentences should be plenty to explain background and ask a question.
- Vote for any and all questions you would like to see answered.
- All votes count. While you can't see vote #'s, we can. Even if a post is highly rated, your vote still means something to that question (potentially) being answered.
Currently there is little reason to spend multiple talent points to boost healing that can only be done once in a while, which either promotes sitting on full holy power until the WoG cooldown is up, or using it to gain even more un-needed threat (my last raid I was at triple the threat of the highest dps).
Not to mention that holy power does not scale in a linear fashion; its only ever used at 3 stacks because using just 1 or 2 stacks is completely wasteful, which makes the 'combo point' mechanic fairly pointless?
are you planning to make threat stats more appealing to tanks so that we can afford to lose some survival in order to keep threat up?
Is tanking supposed to be that much harder than dpsing? Or could we be seeing a change where dps needs to do more?
question: Are there any plans to revamp the Vengeance buff to (example) something like a cooldown that gives you a certain amount of threat?
Is there anything in the works to make our lives a bit easier? Even something as simple as having RE proc a Death rune intead of whatever it happens to be on would be a godsend as we'd no longer have to work everything around not using RS when both blood runes are down in order to game the RE system to give us more F/U/D pairs.
Any plans on making paladin tanking a bit more rotation-ish?
Yeah, I managed to roll a tailor tank alt, because that was the only profession I didn't have yet.
What is Blizzards position on these issues? Are you happy with how Blood Death-Knights have turned out in Cataclysm?