Max Camera Distance?

Interface and Macros
Post Limit:
Right, in Wotlk i had a working macro that increased the maximum camera zoom beyond that provided by the in game options. Since cataclysm none of the macros i have tried seem to make any difference. I have tried /console SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 25), /console cameradistancemax 30 and /console cameradistancemaxfactor 3.

The annoying thing for me is that, on the many forums i have read, variations of these commands are provided and seem to work for everyone. I know this isn't an addon issue as i have tried it with all my addons disabled. I have also tried addons such as CameraPlus which claim to increase maximum zoom (among other things) by increasing distancemax to 25 and distancemaxfactor to 3. This doesn't work either.

Am i not meant to be able to increase it? Or have the commands changed recently? A quick look at today's "Screenshot of the day" on the facebook page shows someone waaay zoomed out.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150338189474034
Explain that?
Many thanks in advance.
Salty
Hey I had the same problem no macro would work for me but the addon cameraplus that I downloaded via curse let me zoom out (3) and because I didn't really want the addon I disabled it and my camera distance is still set at 3 hope this helps.Lee
06/10/2011 06:34Posted by Leeping
Hey I had the same problem no macro would work for me but the addon cameraplus that I downloaded via curse let me zoom out (3) and because I didn't really want the addon I disabled it and my camera distance is still set at 3 hope this helps.Lee

Yeah i tried CameraPlus but it made no difference, i played around with both sliders and neither had any effect :/
Bumpy mc bump bump :)
i am by no means trying to day you dont know what your doing lol but when you move the sliders to the max do you scroll out after?? i know how silly that sounds but i was silly enuf to do it the first few times lol
haha unfortunately i did, sucks to be me.
Try this one, unless it's one of the ones you've already tried:

/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",50)
Try this one, unless it's one of the ones you've already tried:

/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",50)

No luck :/
ahh sorry good luck with the rest of your search for greater camera distances :P
Mine are

/console SET cameraDistanceMax "50"
/console SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "2"
Ok think i'm getting closer. Any commands with /console do not work for me. I jsut tried /console autoClearAFK which sets afk to automatically clear upon movement. Typed the command, then went /afk and moved - nothing. It stayed set to afk. Therefore /console commands do not work for me at all. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: /console reloadui works but the above still doesn't - it seems some work for me and some do not.
I enabled the in game console and fiddled with
SET cameraDistanceMax "<value>"
and
SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "<value>"
in there. I'm in a bit of a pickle now as i can no longer zoom in or out with the scroll wheel. And yes, i have checked my keybindings - they are fine. Thing is, i can use "home" and "end" to scroll through the presets. Once i do that i can once again scroll in using the downwards scroll on the mouse wheel, but then as soon as i try to scroll up it jumps to first person and i'm back in the situation where i can only move the camera through home and end.

Blue please :)

EDIT: This issue is affecting ALL CHARACTERS across ALL REALMS.
EDIT: Fixed it never mind, but the console commands still do not work.
EDIT: I'm in config-cache.wtf for my account and it has the line
SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "2"
but it does not have the line
SET cameraDistanceMax "50"
And every time i try to place the line
SET cameraDistanceMax "50"
Into config, save it and load up wow, as soon as i log in it gets deleted from config-cache.wtf. Still affecting all characters.
Apologies, it's all fixed now, turns out the maximum is
/console SET cameraDistanceMax "50"
Which sucks :/ Guess they dropped it, i'm sure in wotlk you could zoom by a ton more.
How to Zoom Out really far:

choose one of these 3 options. Personally I went with option3

1) type a macro every time you log on
/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4

2) download an addon
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/cameradistancemaxfactor.aspx

3) change the config file on your wow folder
C:\WoW\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\config-cache
-scroll down to
SET cameraDistanceMax "X"
SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "Y"

X * Y is how far you can zoom out. I've got x as 50 and y as 1 myself. Which means I can zoom out 50 yards.

edit: I think you are right. I can't seem to zoom out further than 50 yards either. Oh well, it is far enough for me
1) type a macro every time you log on
/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4
There's no need to run the macro every time you log on. Running that macro leads to the same result as 3) once you exit the game.