What is better

Warlock
Hello i want to ask a question.What is better for destro lock Dagger (spell power) with offhand or staff ?
Main hand + Offhand gives you the most favorable stat balance, make sure you put +40int on the off hand though.
Tarecgosa.
06/03/2012 10:42Posted by Rurtsarl
Tarecgosa.

Thanks Capt. Obivious.
I was under the impression Lightning Rod was the next best thing to DTR? Not that I've been paying too much attention since I got the latter :\
The reason you see 90% of casters using staves, is because there is only one BOP OH that drops in all of DS. Dragonfire Orb
And that OH only drops from trash with an almost impossible drop rate, and has no 410 or 384 counterpart, just the 397.
For that reason most casters go for either the Hagara staff (easily obtainable on HC) or the DW one.
thaks guys ^^
Man do I feel stupid, never considered it could be a question about actual items =/
06/03/2012 21:03Posted by Liandri
Man do I feel stupid, never considered it could be a question about actual items =/

You are not the only one. :P
Well... i just got the dragonfire orb the other day, would the spellblade madness drops combined with it be better or worse than lightning rod/ti'tahk? For demonology specifically :)
06/03/2012 12:05Posted by Preestess
impossible drop rate,

<3 I got lucky :)
Well... i just got the dragonfire orb the other day, would the spellblade madness drops combined with it be better or worse than lightning rod/ti'tahk? For demonology specifically :)

Lightning Rod is still BiS (bar legendary). It's flat stats outweigh the procs on both titahk and rathrak.
As others have said Lightning Rod is the best thing available from DS. It's still ~3000 dps behind Dragonwrath though. There really is no excuse not to start farming your legendary.
Lightning Rod is bis for all casters without legendary
Who cars about stats, it's the look that matters, jeeez