Launcher keeps checking for updates.

Technical Support
Hello,

When i want to start the Game by double clicking or using the shortcut to the launcher it keep telling me in the small grey box, Checking for Updates. For like 2 hours. The game it self worked until to day, because it forces the Launcher updater.

I have turned off the windows firewall, also turn off the rest of my security software, but still no luck. Also tried it with turning of my firewall in my Modem/Router that didn't work either.

Then did a search on the forums, found this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5615972315?page=1#11

So i tried to repair it, but that doesn't work.
Any other option then just deleting the whole game and doing a fresh install?

Berioh
Can I please ask which security software you use?

Quite a lot of security software keeps running in the background, even when "disabled".
Hey,

I disabled them by removing them :D and of course i have rebooted my PC.

Also when and tried a new install on a other harddrive but the "funny" thing is...
The Installer of the fresh downloaded client doesn't run.

Berioh

Then did a search on the forums, found this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5615972315?page=1#11

So i tried to repair it, but that doesn't work.
Any other option then just deleting the whole game and doing a fresh install?

Berioh

I tried removing the files listed but it didn't work, I think I'm going to try a fresh install.
11/10/2012 18:17Posted by Zellda
I tried removing the files listed but it didn't work, I think I'm going to try a fresh install.

Well i tried that... and that didn't work. At the moment i'm reinstalling windows on a other harddrive to see if that works.
Kinda sad... I got laptop that I use only for Office and the result is...the same as the desktop one..... error....
Well i can tell you that a Reinstall of Windows does the trick...
But that should not be the case in my opinion.

Maybe it something we have in common with our Hardware.
I'll see if i can find any other solution.
So i removed WOW and restarted my PC, I Downloaded the 117mb WOW client launcher and guess what happens when I open it.

It's stuck on "Updating Setup Files" same as before.
I would appreciate a blue post pls
So i removed WOW and restarted my PC, I Downloaded the 117mb WOW client launcher and guess what happens when I open it.

It's stuck on "Updating Setup Files" same as before.
I would appreciate a blue post pls

I've tried that too, alo didn't work like i said :(
I have done everything! Deleted what the stuff says and reinstalled it now It is just completly stuck on "Checking for updates" :(
04/04/2013 19:13Posted by Joshwoodw
I have done everything! Deleted what the stuff says and reinstalled it now It is just completly stuck on "Checking for updates" :(

Open internet explorer (even if you never use it) and go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings. Make sure everything is unchecked. Click OK to exit those, go to the File menu and make sure "Work offline" is also unchecked.
I'm so sick and tired of this! I have this problem almost every time I launch WoW and it wont stop. I have restarted my system, turned off all my security stuff and deleted it, done a fresh install and it still has the same problem! Could someone PLEASE work out a way to solve this?

PS: I know I have a crap name for my character, I'm just a noob
i hate that i cant play the game :_: i wanna play so bad and when i open the game it says checking for updates so bored of that D:
If you use Google chrome, make sure you download it from Internet explorer. It worked nicely for me! [item="golden drake" /]