City Exploit Hotfixed

General
1 2 3 5 Next
Earlier today, certain realms were affected by an in-game exploit, resulting in the deaths of player characters and non-player characters in some of the major cities. This exploit has already been hotfixed, so it should not be repeatable. It's safe to continue playing and adventuring in major cities and elsewhere in Azeroth.

As with any exploit, we are taking this disruptive action very seriously and conducting a thorough investigation. If you have information relating to this incident, please email hacks@blizzard.com. We apologize for the inconvenience some of you experienced as a result of this and appreciate your understanding.
You've got to admit, it was pretty funny despite someone being a little exploiting so and so.
LOL
Oh.

I thought the rapture had come early..
Since it is fixed now, what was the exploit?
Thank god! I sent you an email with information about the hack it self.
Also, I'm pretty sad it wasn't a rogue gm.

It would have made an interesting story.
best hack eu
07/10/2012 23:03Posted by Shalamon

It wasn't an exploit, it was a hack, a hack that allowed blocked scripts to run (I think), which made them use a spell they call Aura of God (or Aura of Death) that kills everything within their custom range. Thank god for playing on a low pop server where such event would not even be fun :P
They didn't bother on my server either.
07/10/2012 23:23Posted by Discomanco

It wasn't an exploit, it was a hack, a hack that allowed blocked scripts to run (I think), which made them use a spell they call Aura of God (or Aura of Death) that kills everything within their custom range. Thank god for playing on a low pop server where such event would not even be fun :P

Thank god for playing on Kazzak where the queues are 3hours +
Why do I always miss these things...-_-
I just saw the video and I have to say that's some scary stuff. Just walking around killing everyone with one button. Imagine what else they can do...
good thing it has bin solved
07/10/2012 23:03Posted by Shalamon

I HEARD it was a Paladin exploit ...
07/10/2012 23:56Posted by Rorcanna
Why do I always miss these things...-_-

I was there when it started on my server. At first it rained flying guards then the true horror started. People just died where they stood and the floor was littered with bodies. It was horrible, then it became funny, then it was horrible again and then it was funny once more.
http://i.imgur.com/3EsYL.jpg

Straight from Twisting Nether when it was impossible to be alive for more then 2 seconds during a period of 30 min - 1 hour.
07/10/2012 23:23Posted by Discomanco
a spell they call Aura of God (or Aura of Death)

When Death Note meets WoW :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note
Just write the name down and...

I'm jaelous :) but well I have written a couple of names down myself, legitly though.
Ye, I'm sure it was only used in major cities.. I think chances are pretty huge they've used this in pve? As it kills non-players (mobs don't report) or you honestly think they just go about this for fun..
I'm happy we'll never know how much gold was made of this; but, to come to a point where you openly use it to kill ppl in cities..
Nice to know 'everything is under control' now
Nothing happen in mine realm :(