General
Problem is that this could lead to an influx of bad healers or tanks (lets be fair but its near impossible not to do reasonable DPS levels) in end game content as they will use a DPS spec for instance to get a healer set and then feel that just because they have the gear they must be awesome healers and end up wiping loads of groups because they do not know the role.

Surely its better to have people using a spec through the levels and having to earn those pieces by doing a good job in raids.
03/11/2012 15:48Posted by Gorsom
Thanks for reading, I hope i did not make too many mistakes in the translation. :-)

The translation was great, as was the suggestion itself. :)

03/11/2012 16:10Posted by Skilliad
Surely its better to have people using a spec through the levels and having to earn those pieces by doing a good job in raids.

I'd rather have a bad tank in good gear than a bad tank in bad gear.
I think this is an excellent suggestion. I understand Skilliad's concern, but I think it is unfounded. His objection seems to be that under this system people will manage to gear up for roles with which they are unfamiliar and then enter LFR in those new roles and mess up. Maybe, but surely that's still preferable to the alternative which is as currently, people entering LFR in substandard gear to perform a role with which they are unfamiliar?

Personally, I think the more likely scenario for most (and this certainly would apply to me) would be: your guild would like you to run guild raids as a tank or healer, but you aren't yet sufficiently well geared or comfortable in the new raid dungeons to feel happy about that role in LFR. This way, you can run it as dps, but collect tank/healing gear for your guild runs. That seems perfect to me, and as the OP says, you're not taking tank or healing gear from anyone else, and you're not risking the LFR raid wiping because you're tanking or healing them in an encounter you don't yet know sufficiently well in gear that's not up to the job - it's ideal.