beta test WoD

General
does anyone has a clue when the beta test will start?
Based on my experience with Closed Betas of the previous expansions (and on announcements by Blizzard on the Internet), I expect WoD Closed Beta to be online somewhere between March and May 2014. The Launch of the live version I expect somewhere in October 2014.
I believe that the Beta will open around April and May and the release of the expansion would be 23rd November 2014 which is exactly 10 years after the release of the original World of Warcraft.
I believe that the Beta will open around April and May and the release of the expansion would be 23rd November 2014 which is exactly 10 years after the release of the original World of Warcraft.

So you believe that we won't see any new content for a whole year? That feel's like a bit of a stretch tbh.
'Friends and Family' alpha test clients usually come first, with a beta following in the weeks after.
Well considering they said they want to get the game out before spring/summer I imagine beta will begin sometime in the next 2 to 3 months.

If we assume April - june to be a launch date that gives us about 6 months, give or take, to get the expansion tested and released.
The first day I hear the xp will be released in about a year, will be the day ill unsubscripe until the xp comes out.
Im not going through this again. 4.5 was the worst time I had in this game
Seriously though. We can't wait for so long to get some new content.
alpha first then beta :) i guess alpha will be in 2 weeks maybe
@Zepak

Well, as of the Mop Beta and Expansion release it was almost the same thing. they announced MoP in November 2011 and the beta opened in March 2012 and was released in September.

The new expansion looks like they are going to put alot more work into since it is more lore based from the warcraft franchise. because of that i believe the beta will be delayed a month or two more than with mop and the release date of the expansion iteself aswell.

And about what you said about not seing more content before a year from now, i think they will continiously update the battle.net info so we as players are up to date on what is going on. Though we do get alot of content aswell when the beta test begins :)

That Is just what i think myself, anything else could be right awell. I'm not here to argue with someone :)
So you believe that we won't see any new content for a whole year? That feel's like a bit of a stretch tbh.
Well, DS was out for 1 year , and atleast now in Mop, We have Timeless Isles so that you can gear up Alts..which you couldn´t do in the DS Patch..
Alpha in a few weeks and closed beta at beginning of next year with the release sometime at Easter. With MoP, what was it? 10 months of DS only? Blizzard said they wouldn't do that again so it has to be released before summer....
10/11/2013 16:13Posted by Kyà
Well considering they said they want to get the game out before spring/summer I imagine beta will begin sometime in the next 2 to 3 months.

Source? If an expansion is announced there are lot of rumours and I have a hard to tell whether a rumour is a wrong assumption or true.

If there isn't a source, I assume the Closed Beta to start in April or May 2014, patch 6.0 to start somewhere in September 2014 and the launch of the game in October or November 2014, like I said in the message above.
10/11/2013 18:10Posted by Eylwain
Well, DS was out for 1 year , and atleast now in Mop, We have Timeless Isles so that you can gear up Alts..which you couldn´t do in the DS Patch..

No you could just run HoT heroics instead and the gear gap was much less far apart.
The beta will start in early January and WoD will be released April/May.

Because they said they would like to release it before next summer.

They said they want to release it before summer 2014, but they cant predict it precisely.
If they released the beta in 2014 and take a year with the beta ppl will get bored with MoP and stop paying their subscriptions so it wouldn't work if they took a year. I think it would be a bad idea
Source? If an expansion is announced there are lot of rumours and I have a hard to tell whether a rumour is a wrong assumption or true.

Quoted from Blizzcon

Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?"
A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."

Before summer/spring is the goal and I'll doubt when they have no people working on any content patch it will prob not be delayed half a year or more
Well... I am curious what will happen actually. I keep a close eye to MMO-Champion, Wowpedia and either eu.battle.net or us.battle.net. The most reliable sources.