Curse of Naxxramas Purchasing Issues - Updated 25/08

(Sticky)

Customer Service
UPDATE – 25/08

All gold refunds for Curse of Naxxramas purchases should now be complete. The only linked issue we still have outstanding is the shop being closed for some players. The development team continue to work on this.

If you still have a purchase issue with Curse of Naxxramas content, please contact our Account Support team directly as we will need to deal with them on a case-by-case basis from now on.

Many thanks.

UPDATE – 21/08

The list of accounts still requiring gold refunds is now complete and the development team are preparing to work through the list and refund the appropriate gold amounts. Please bear in mind that this may take several days to complete.

The closed shop issue that some players are experiencing is still under investigation, we apologise for the inconvenience to those affected.

UPDATE – 18/08

The 'Waiting for Authorisation' issue should now be resolved, including those affected by the recent PayPal service interruption. We're now in the process of collecting the list of accounts that still require refunds. We're aware of the 'Shop Closed' issue that a few players are experiencing and that is still under investigation. Please keep an eye on this thread as we may need more information from you in the future.

Thanks.

UPDATE – 14/08

Last night, a server-side hotfix was deployed to address the 'Waiting for Authorisation' issue and we should see another reduction in players affected. A fix for the PayPal issue discussed here will follow shortly.

UPDATE – 13/08

• Patch 1.1c has been released for iPad users – This fixes the issue with double billing for Curse of Naxxramas purchases.
  • Server-side hotfix deployed last night to fix the issue where players were being charged unusual amounts of gold for Curse of Naxxramas wings – However, there are still some players that are missing these irregular gold amounts and development continues to work on the cleanup for this.
  • An additional round of ‘double-billed’ gold refunds were performed last night - There are still a small number of outstanding users to investigate on a case-by-case basis.
  • ’Waiting for Authorisation’ and ‘Shop Closed’ error message fixed for many players but not for some – This is still under investigation. For the more recent PayPal issue, please see here.

Thank you.

UPDATE - 11/08

During the weekend, a second round of scripts were run in order refund those players missing during the initial round of fixes. This script appears to have been successful. However, we still have two outstanding issues:

1) Some players have not been refunded enough gold – In most cases, this was caused by attempting to purchase a wing with insufficient gold (e.g. multiple purchase attempts). Before we can refund the outstanding gold, a server-side hotfix will need to be implemented. While this is proving to be a complex issue, we hope to have more information in the near future.

2) Some players are unable to make ingame purchases – Shop closed, "Waiting for Authorisation" etc. This issue is still under active investigation.

We also have a fix in the pipeline for those experiencing purchasing issues on the iPad. However, please remember that if for any reason you require a real money refund, you should contact Apple.

If you have a problem linked to the Curse of Naxxramas purchasing issues (which began on 23/07) that isn’t listed above, we encourage you to report the details in a post below. We will ensure that these reports are verified and forwarded to the right people.

Many thanks.

UPDATE - 08/08

We received an update from the development team last night that an additional subset of players have been discovered to be missing from the original refund scripts. They will be initiating an additional script in the near future.

As for those continuing to have purchase issues ("Waiting for Authorisation" etc.) the developers are continuing to investigate what is causing this.

Apologies once again for the ongoing inconvenience this is causing this causing to those still affected.

UPDATE - 06/08
As you may know, we implemented several fixes during the night which should have ‘straightened out’ those affected (i.e. refunded the required gold and unlocked access to purchase again). However, we are still seeing a smattering of on-going cases and we wanted to address these here.

• If you have not received any refund at all: Please exit the game and logout of Battle.net completely. Then, reset your Battle.net account password on the website and try again. If this doesn't work, please post below.
  • If you have received a refund but are still unable to make purchases: As above, please exit the game and logout of Battle.net completely. Then, reset your Battle.net account password on the website and try again. If this doesn't work, please post below.
  • If you have been refunded gold but you believe it is not enough: We are looking into these cases and will advise you further in due course.
  • If you made a real money purchase on the iPad and have not been refunded: Please contact Apple.

Many thanks.

UPDATE - 05/08
The issues below are still under investigation at this time, we continue to look into and work on possible solutions for players affected by the below purchasing issues, and we will update further as soon as we have more news on this.

Again, we apologise for the disruption this has caused, and we thank you for your patience during this trying time.

UPDATE - 01/08/2014
We thought we would take the opportunity to clean this post up and provide you with some updates on the current situation with the Curse of Naxxramas payment issues.

As mentioned yesterday, the root cause of all the issues has now been resolved (although we are still monitoring an issue with iPad users – see below for more information) and therefore new players should not experience any problems accessing the Curse of Naxxramas wings. However, if you were previously affected by these issues, their effects may still be active for your account. These issues include:

• Players being charged twice for access to the Plague Quarter
    Original cause fixed, although we are still investigating recent reports from some iPad users. Outstanding cases are being worked on by our billing departments. Please do not contact our support teams about this issue for the time being as they are unable to assist.
  • Players being unable to access the Plague Quarter after purchase
    Original cause fixed. Outstanding cases are being worked on by our billing departments. Please do not contact our support teams about this issue for the time being as they are unable to assist.
  • Payments giving the 'Waiting for authorization', 'Purchase Failed Internal Database Error' or 'Another transaction is still in progress' messages
    The majority of these cases have now been fixed and we continue to work through the remaining cases. Again, no need to contact our support team about this as your issue is being actively worked on already.
  • Players being prompted to purchase access to the Arachnid Quarter for 0.00 currency
    A rare issue for Europe but this is still under investigation.
  • Card packs not being delivered promptly
    If this happens to you, please try resetting your Battle.net password.

PLEASE NOTE: For failed real money purchases made on iPad, please get in contact with Apple.

We appreciate your continued patience while we work through these complex issues and apologise sincerely for the disruption, frustration and inconvenience caused. We’ll post further updates here as soon as we have more news.

Thanks.
Edited by Natryndon on 25/08/2014 16:04 BST
Reply Quote
30/07/2014 09:26Posted by Lurdlespor
For failed purchases made by gold, the gold will be released back to you within 10 minutes or so (though it will require that you exit Hearthstone and log in again).

Unfortunately, this has not been the case for me (waiting for 10 hours now)
Reply Quote
same here... :/
Reply Quote
in my case 10 hours passed, yes hours, not minutes and my gold is still gone
Reply Quote
Still not had a refund after over an hour of waiting and still no access.
Reply Quote
Same as above posters,

About an hour now of waiting for refund and the quarter shows a button with "closed" on it.
Reply Quote
Same, purchased the wing at the start of launch and still no gold, no wing, no nothing. 10 hours passed...
Reply Quote
Would say that for the people above you you probably fall into the category of Succesful Payment but no Access Granted as described in the OP
Reply Quote
SUCCESS!

I just had success with it..

I clicked on the shop (Which was displaying 'Shop Closed' on it) and then it showed me a Purchase Complete screen then I checked the quarter and it was opened for me, Hopefully this will work for others also.

I guess the 700g I paid was being held in limbo somewhere and opening the shop finalised the purchase?
Edited by Drib on 30/07/2014 09:44 BST
Reply Quote
opend for me now, 3hr after purchase

edit: i didnt open shop

all this time status was "complete"
Edited by flv on 30/07/2014 09:48 BST
Reply Quote
30/07/2014 09:42Posted by Nensec
Would say that for the people above you you probably fall into the category of Succesful Payment but no Access Granted as described in the OP

Probably, my attempt "Failed" when I lost gold though.
Reply Quote
I looked into my Order History and it says

"91618795 30/7/2014 Plague Quarter (Digital Purchase) 700 Hearthstone Gold 1 Complete 700 Hearthstone Gold"

"91612595 30/7/2014 Plague Quarter (Digital Purchase) 700 Hearthstone Gold 1 Complete 700 Hearthstone Gold"

Yes thats right I have been paying 1400 gold for ONE wing. Here is the proof with a Screenshot http://snag.gy/HIlVA.jpg
Reply Quote
30/07/2014 09:34Posted by Ravenheart
For failed purchases made by gold, the gold will be released back to you within 10 minutes or so (though it will require that you exit Hearthstone and log in again).

Unfortunately, this has not been the case for me (waiting for 10 hours now)

Same for me.
Reply Quote
30/07/2014 09:26Posted by Lurdlespor

Please note that if your transaction failed, the following will apply:

[ul][li]For failed purchases made by gold, the gold should be released back to you within 10 minutes or so (though it will require that you exit Hearthstone and log in again).

I got a problem. I used to have about 1040 G. I bought the wing then I countered this problem. After I relogged only 700G are refunded.
Reply Quote
so when can I buy naxx? :D
Reply Quote
I got the wing on my second try, around 10 hours ago. Ended up paying twice and never got refunded for the first try, both are listed as "Complete" status.
Reply Quote
Great,...
I ended up buying all the new Wings (for 17,99€) three times and got charged three times by apple - the last purchase actually gave me access to the new content.. I really hope that I can get a refund ..
Reply Quote
lol.... impossible to unlock the wing for 10h+ and now you close the shop.

GG blizz for messing up yet ANOTHER patch.

i hope there is some kind of compensation.....
Reply Quote
I payed with credit card, failed to authenticate the payment, money reserved on my bank account. But i got a receipt sent to my email 1h later which stated that I had successfully purchased it. But still cannot access it. HALP!
Reply Quote
I tried to buy the wing 10 hours ago, and lost all my 765 G, and it did'nt open work.

Not refunded yet
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]