In a few days, we’ll begin patching StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty to version 2.0.4, which will bring a number of new features to the game—features that all players can then immediately begin enjoying together.
Wings of Liberty 2.0.4 includes:
- An all-new user interface with new menu screens.
- The launch of in-game Clans and Groups.
- New Replay features, such as Watch with Others and Take Command.
- A multitude of Editor improvements.
- New matchmaking options: Training Mode, Vs. AI Mode, and Unranked Play.
- Players Near You, so you can find other StarCraft II players on your local network.
- New customizable Observer UI.
Other enhancements coming with patch 2.0.4 include a revised help section, new game privacy options, new group sounds, and language selection (in some regions).
All of the above improvements will also be included in StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. When the expansion is released on March 12, players who upgrade will be among the first to experience the new campaign, new multiplayer units, enhancements to existing units, the new leveling system, new multiplayer maps, new tilesets, and new rewards such as skins, dances, portraits, and decals.
The background download for Wings of Liberty patch 2.0.4 was activated on February 9. We strongly encourage all players to leave the launcher running for an extended period of time at some point over the next few days to ensure that you’re ready to play when the patch goes live.