Since our recent 3.8 design update, we’ve been testing various balance changes which lead Multiplayer designer David Kim has been regularly discussing in his Community Feedback Updates. Our overall goal in doing this has been to reach a place of ultimate gameplay stability, enabling players to truly master the game's many units, builds, strategies, and metagames. After continually reviewing your feedback and testing various changes internally, we are ready to move forward with the next step for design and balance improvements in StarCraft II. Below we have broken down the changes each race will receive today.
- Anti-ground weapon range increased from 4 to 6.
- Anti-grounds weapon minimum scan range updated to 6.5
- "Mag-Field Launchers" upgrade removed.
- "Evolve Grooved Spines" upgrade removed, and +1 range is now added back to "Muscular Augments" upgrade.
- Reduced "Blinding Cloud" ability duration from 10 seconds to 6 seconds.
- Updated subgroup priorities for Tempest, Immortal, and Dark Templar.
- "Barrier" is now a passive ability, and its cooldown is reduced from 43 to 32.
- Removed "Disruption Blast" ability.
- Anti-ground weapon range increased from 8 to 10.
- Anti-ground weapon damage increased from 35 to 40.
If you're interested in the StarCraft II Balance Team's reasoning behind each change, take a look through some of the recent Community Feedback Updates for more information!
We truly appreciate all the feedback we’ve received from the community. Your feedback and playtesting helped shape this update, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in future balance testing. Until next time, we hope you enjoy these changes!