We’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be returning to Katowice, Poland for the 2017 Intel Extreme Masters! From March 3 to 5, gamers will flock to the futuristic Spodek arena and International Conference Center for the country’s biggest esports event of the year, and there’s plenty in store for Blizzard fans.
Last year’s IEM Katowice was a huge success, with 113,000 on-site visitors, and over 30 million more watching the action via ESL’s live streams. The event promises to be just as epic this time around, with the Heroes of the Storm Western Clash and the StarCraft II IEM Season XI World Championship set to provide some high-quality entertainment.
IEM Season XI World Championship
The IEM Season XI World Championship is the third and final StarCraft II event of IEM Season XI, as well as the first global event of WCS 2017. With a prize pool of $250,000 USD and 16,500 WCS points up for grabs, the stakes are high.
Among the top players set to clash in Katowice are Alex "Neeb" Sunderhaft and Artur "Nerchio" Bloch—both head to the competition following recent impressive performances.
The tournament winner will also walk away with the first guaranteed slot at the 2017 WCS Global Finals happening later this year, so nobody will be taking it lightly.
Can’t make it to Katowice this year? No problem! Livestreams will be available in multiple languages:
- English: Twitch.tv/esl_sc2 and Azubu.tv/esl_sc2
- Polish: Twitch.tv/esl_sc2_pl and Azubu.tv/esl_sc2_pl
- French: Twitch.tv/ogamingsc2
- German: Twitch.tv/taketv
- Italian: Twitch.tv/esl_it
- Korean: Twitch.tv/TVCranK
- Spanish: Twitch.tv/adrrich
- Russian: Twitch.tv/ucc_esl_2
- CZ/SK: Twitch.tv/esl_czsk
Date & Time
Ro64: February 27 & 28
- GMT: Feb 27 & 28 at 10:00 a.m.
- PST: Feb 27 & 28 at 2:00 a.m.
- KST: Feb 27 & 28 at 7:00 p.m.
- CET: Feb 27 & 28 at 11:00 a.m.
Ro24: March 2-3
- GMT: Thu Mar 2 & 3 at 10:30 a.m.
- PST: Thu Mar 2 & 3 at 2:30 a.m.
- KST: Thu Mar 2 & 3 at 7:30 p.m.
- CET: Thu Mar 2 & 3 at 11:30 a.m.
Playoffs: March 4
- GMT: Sat Mar 4 at 11:00 a.m.
- PST: Sat Mar 4 at 3:00 a.m.
- KST: Sat Mar 4 at 8:00 p.m.
- CET: Sat Mar 4 at 12:00 noon
Semifinals & Finals: March 5
- GMT: Sun Mar 5 at 11:30 a.m.
- PST: Sun Mar 5 at 3:30 a.m.
- KST: Sun Mar 5 at 8:30 p.m.
- CET: Sun Mar 5 at 12:30 p.m.
Total Prize Pool: $250,000 USD and 16,500 WCS Points
- 3,000 WCS Points
- A gauranteed slot at the WCS Global Finals!
2nd place: $45,000 and 2,100 WCS Points
3rd – 4th place: $17,500 and 1,350 Points
5th – 8th place: $7,000 and 900 Points
9th – 12th place: $3,000 and 150 Points
13th – 16th place: $600 and 75 Points
- Desk Host: James ‘Kaelaris’ Carrol
- Commentator: Nick ‘Tasteless’ Plott
- Commentator: Dan ‘Artosis’ Stemkoski
- Commentator: Kevin ‘RotterdaM’ van der Kooi
- Commentator: Yoan ‘ToD’ Merlo
- Commentator: Leigh 'Maynarde' Mandalov
- Commentator: Jared ‘Pig’ Krensel
- Observer: Alex ‘Funka’ Verrier
- Translator: Sue 'Smix' Lee
Blizzard Merchandise Shop
If you’re attending the event in person, be sure to check out our on-site shop, where you can pick up some sweet loot such as this awesome Overwatch Reaper Statue, available at a European event for the very first time. You'll also be able to swing by our booth for special signing sessions with William King—author of the World of Warcraft novel Illidan—on Saturday March 4 at 14:30 CET and 16:30 CET.
Join in on the conversation about these games here!
To get the in-depth scoop head on over to our WCS Portal. See you at IEM Katowice!