StarCraft® II

"You have voice disabled" message constantly appearing

(Locked)

The message "You have voice disabled" keeps appearing for no reason several times during all types of games (1v1, teamgames, customs etc). The message is shown in a blue box right next to the "speaker icon" down to the right and stays there until you move your cursor over it, but only to come back up later at some random occasion. Thus it can be very distracting. Based on my own experiences I would say that during a 15 minute game the message can appear from about 4 to 10 times.

Players have tried all types of settings to make this message go away (as well as reinstalling the game obv), but with no success, and enabling voicechat actually just makes some other message with the exact same behaviour appear.

There is a thread on teamliquid.net that describes this issue, http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=184557

It seems that this issue is affecting a lot of players and has been doing so for a long time. Im creating this thread so Blizzard can recognize this bug/error and hopefully fix it as soon as possible.
Edited by Tourettes on 18/01/2011 16:14 GMT
bump
This happens to me too. It's annoying when I notice it, but sometimes I just don't notice it. It's not a major problem, but it should be fixed. The message should only appear on mouse-hover, and disappear when you move the mouse away again.
Still not fixed :P
Still not fixed.

Edit: Here one of the two pop up that appear in game: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/screenscreen.jpg/

And there is another issue too. Sometimes another little window pops up, with active vocal chat and deactive vocal chat, and only if I click in it deappears.

That is very annoying for a progamer like me! :(

Hope Blizzard take care of these bugs.

Edit2: Maybe I found how to fix the 1st problem in some way:
1) Active the Vocal Chat in the Menu
2) Deactive the speaker icon, on the avatar in the UI

For the second, I don't know, I have to try...
Edited by GodZo on 19/02/2012 22:45 GMT
Community
Please do not resurrect old threads.

Thanks.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]