Edit: Thank you for positive feedback so far! I have made a suggestion for a new 'map-browsing' system on page 2 of this Thread. Some feedback on that would be nice as well.
It also shows the Blizzcon 2009 concept which actually looks extremely good. I have no idea why they didn't work on that.
In my honest opinion, I think that the new Custom Game system is EXTREMELY poor. Battle.net 2.0 has made a few improvements in terms of achievements, and personalising your profile, but it has gone DOWN in a lot more ways.
One of which is the Custom Game system:
1) Why do we have to view only the popular games?
2) Why, with lists being sorted ONLY by popularity, do we need to press "Show More" like 5 times before we even see the 'slightly less popular' maps, instead of being able to scroll like in WarCraft 3?
That is like Blizzard saying "You better not join anything that isn't in the top 10
3) Why even when hosting games, can't we host anything that isn't "Popular"?
4) Why when hosting, can't we give our games a name?
5) Why, when I select that I want to see "Custom Games", do I get a whole bunch of Blizzard's 'Melee' games mixed in? Blizzard's maps are Melee. Please don't label them Melee/Custom. That makes no sense.
6) Why are games randomly sorted when you want to create a game?
Well oke, they are sorted (again) by 'popularity'. But why can't we click on the columns in order to sort them somehow else? (Like Name, Max Players, etc)
7) Why can't we download games ourselves, organise them into nice folders, and host them like we used to in WC3?
8) Why is there still no search or filter function when searching for a game to join?
I want the game to have the following text: TD, Tower Defense, Footy
I Don't want the games to have folllowing text: Blizzard, Dota, Pokemon
9) Why does the game automatically decides to start when the last players joins? Unlike in Warcrft 3 when the host actually decides.
10) Why, when the player leaves the countdown does not stop, and there is no way a host can control it?
11) Why do I actually have to compare this Battle.net, to the one that is 10 years old, and should have been in every way inferior?
12) Why are we not even able to download custom games that are made across regions?! I mean: I can sort of accept that I can't play with my good friends across the world. However, I can NOT accept that: when ever you make a map, the amount of players that will play it will be cut in 4!
You will not see many great games that are created out there, simply because you will have absolutely NO ACCESS to them.
Now that we are talking about Battle.net 2.0 and how it has failed, let me ask:
1) Why are there still no chat rooms? For clans? For if you want to play 2/3 matches with a guy you just met, and don't want having to add a new 'friend' each time you want to match up with him?
2) Why can't you even whisper or private messege someone? (At least not that I know of... /whisper doesn't work)
3) Why do you need to win a redicilous amount of games, just to open something small like a decal? Portraits are understandable, but not decals. (not a gamebreaker, but would be nice to be able to have a bit more options)
4) Why does "Achievements" need it's own seperate section at the top, when you can very easily access it through "Profile"? It is not like you need to access Achievements that often, and it only creates unnecessary clutter.
Overall, I would like to ask:
Why do you need your entire community to rage out before anything is fixed?
Why can't such simple things be adressed during the design stage?
Why does it feel like the new Battle.net system was created without ANY consideration?
Now the last 3 questions were rethorical, but all the others aren't. They are to show that there are some serious problems with the new Battle.net's Custom Game system (And some other things).
Please do consider fixing it.
At least everything under Custom Game section, seeing as Custom Games is a huge contributor to why so many Blizzard games have lasted for so long.
If anyone agrees, please Thumbs Up so Blizzard will hear us.