StarCraft® II

We need channel moderation and we need it NOW!

If you support this thread, please leave feedback, thank you.

Dear blizzard, this is meant to be battle.net v2.0 but so far we have seen inferior designs, no matter where we look.

Take custom games, for almost a year, there was a 30 second countdown AND even if anyone left during the countdown, the game still began, that is a HUGE game flaw.

Secondly, channel moderatior, why on EARTH would you REMOVE channel moderation? You call this an upgrade? So far all I see is a downgrade, you have removed channel moderatior and only just fixed custom games.

Alot of communities have in-game channels they use as a form of interacting with one another, what is good that if trolls can just flood in and spoil the community channel for others? You may say "well just put them on ignore!", Well guess what Blizzard, what if NEW members join the channel and all they say is a bunch of trolls, being disruptrive, they will turn right back and leave the channel. With channel moderation the trolls will be no more.

Take WC3 on battle.net v1.0...you had the ability to create clans WHY ON EARTH would you remove that AND NOT replace it with anything??? Then dare call this battle.net 2.0?

Please blizzard, enough is enough, we have waited a year for you to fix the custom game system and you have not yet implemented one of the best things about the WC3 community, channel moderation.

All I'm asking, is you read this thread, take into consideration to what I'm saying and maybe reply updating us with why you have not yet bothered to implement one of battle.net's greatest features.

Thank you and sorry for the rant.
Edited by Zelthcon on 02/09/2011 22:33 BST
Reply Quote
We need channel moderation and we needed it one year ago.
Reply Quote
Could not agree more. Channel moderation required. If it's a channel you created, you should be mod automatically, AND have the ability to make others mods if you want to.
Reply Quote
02/09/2011 22:37Posted by Vorenius

Who is gonna pay those moderators? If we get them them we need them for all continents. This will increase cots for bilzz. let me explain
1. hire people. 2. costs go up. profit goes down. 3. stocks go down. 4. fire people to get stocks to go up.
Reply Quote
volentry ?

we need moderators for private nor public
Edited by CaLvin on 02/09/2011 22:50 BST
Reply Quote
I absolutely agree. You can only block a limited amount of these people (the other description I have for them is not suited for a public forum) and it gets tedious to unblock and block just to enjoy a conversation.

Channels with passwords would be great too, but that's not as desperately needed as channel moderation.
Reply Quote
volentry ?

This mean not really a will to do it all fair, since it's not your job. This means we will get moderators that are !*%#s.
Reply Quote
its for private you do know that the channels in game you know that lol :P
Reply Quote
02/09/2011 22:51Posted by CaLvin
its for private you do know that the channels in game you know that lol :P

Well i'm to lazy to read the whole post. But moderators to watch public channels. U 4 real? How would you do that? Same problems as i said before.

This mean not really a will to do it all fair, since it's not your job. This means we will get moderators that are !*%#s.
Who is gonna pay those moderators? If we get them them we need them for all continents. This will increase cots for bilzz. let me explain
1. hire people. 2. costs go up. profit goes down. 3. stocks go down. 4. fire people to get stocks to go up.
Reply Quote
Public channels WILL NOT be moderated, i'm on about the system they used back in warcraft 3 (which for some unknown reason they completely removed for there UPGRADED battle.net).

Essentially you get 10 people in a channel, say "Mixed Fruit", then you click "Create clan" then you type a clan tag, so for Mixed Fruit you would put MF. Then whoever creates the clan, becomes chieftain, he can then promote up to 5 people to shaman.

The shamans and the chieftain and then kick and ban players who join that chat channel (their own private clan channel), the system worked perfectly fine in warcraft 3 and is NEEDED for Starcraft 2.

Essentially, you get your own private channels which can be moderated and the trolls permanently removed, making your battle.net experience a much more enjoyable one.
Reply Quote
+1 channel moderation (talking about Private In-game channels).

Step 1 - Group of people create a "Clan" (say 5-10 people needed to create to avoid lots of clans)
Step 2 - Private persistent channel is created for the clan, with the initial group as admins. Channel is invite only
Step 3 - Admins can invite/remove people and add mods as necessary

No need for Blizzard intervention/moderation

Nice to have - Add clan tag to names - MickeyTheQ[MyClan]
Reply Quote
02/09/2011 22:44Posted by Goosebumps

WTF? No one has to pay anyone. If you make a channel you should be able to control who is in it by some extent.

Just FYI, World of Warcraft has had these features for as long as I can remember. And that is even though the chat channels are hardly ever used on WoW since there are the guild/clan system on top of that. So it's not needed in WoW but they have it, it is very much needed in SC2 since it's the only way of setting up group communication but a year after release and we still don't have it? That is insane.
Reply Quote
Ok so i was explained that the idea was if you create a channel you are the moderator. So i can create 100.000 channels and ban everyone. If you think this will happen. So you ruin the channels. that is why this idea is retarted. ;) NOW STOP GOING ALL CAPS RAGE AT ME JUST CUZ YOU THINK YOU GOT GOODZ IDEA. got it? good.
Reply Quote
well no one is goner join them are they then lol?

they wil ljoin there own or there friends fml lol were you dropped on your head as a baby or something?
Reply Quote
02/09/2011 23:01Posted by Goosebumps
Ok so i was explained that the idea was if you create a channel you are the moderator. So i can create 100.000 channels and ban everyone. If you think this will happen. So you ruin the channels. that is why this idea is retarted. ;) NOW STOP GOING ALL CAPS RAGE AT ME JUST CUZ YOU THINK YOU GOT GOODZ IDEA. got it? good.

You can only make ONE CLAN per account and you need atleast 10 players to create the clan, I guess you're going to spend £5,000,000 on 100,000 accounts?

Unless you're willing to spend £30-50 per account, to make a clan each time, then go ahead, so again, you're completely wrong.

Secondly it would be an EXTENSION of the channel, so people could still join the private channel named "cookies", now if you wanted to go to the private, clan channel cookies then you add CLAN infront of cookies.

So both your points are proven invalid.
Reply Quote
I agree, channel moderation is very, very much needed. I try to run a free coaching community, and our private channel reaches 50+ players quite often. The trolling, at times, is rediculous. In-game channel functionality can be completely destroyed by only a small number of persistent fools who have nothing better to do. I can block them, sure, but when new member come along, they still see all the trolling.

In short, it's impossible for clans or communities to represent themselves effectively in in-game channels due to the inability to prevent trolls, at all -.-

I therefore, with absolute enthusiasm, sign this e-petition!
Please make channel moderation one of your main concerns. I feel that, now that you've fixed the custom games system, channel moderation is absolutely the next big thing that is needed and I'd like to see some sort of moderation implementation as soon as is possible!
Reply Quote
@Zelthcon

Ok fine i agree they way you put it now. But for that to happen we need clan support. Untill we have that your idea is not possibole. So i suggest start a thread about clan support.
Reply Quote
@Zelthcon

Ok fine i agree they way you put it now. But for that to happen we <strong/>need <span class="underline"/> clan support. Untill we have that your idea is not possibole. So i suggest start a thread about clan support.

Again, channel moderation + clan support GOES HAND IN HAND. It's not about clan support, it's about channel moderation, if clan support is the means they need to use to give a viable way for channel moderation, then so be it. All I'm saying is channel moderation is absolutely needed and clan support would be an excellent bonus, just like in warcraft 3.
Reply Quote
02/09/2011 23:01Posted by Goosebumps

The retard is strong in this one.

How does it matter if you creat 100 or 100.000 channels and then ban people from them? I doubt anyone would want to spend much time with you anyway. In fact, could you please promise me that you will ban me from any future channels you might make? Just in case.

Not only would this have no negative impacts at all on anyone, it's also been promised by blizzard. So it will n fact happen. The crazy thing is that we've already had to wait for over a year even though blizzard knows it's a needed feature.

The most silly part is that the only reason this thread would get a lot of attention is if there are people disagreeing, so by posting here with you idiotic bull!@#$ you are in fact magnifying the chance is this getting attention. Ig uess we should thank you for that :) Threads were everyone agrees tend to die faster than any other threads.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]