StarCraft® II

Protoss Videos and Tutorials by KaelSC - Updated Daily!

I am now the official Caster of Mousesports! (mouz) so say hello to mouzKaelaris!

www.twitch.tv/mousesports for live analytical commentary

------------------------------------ KAELARIS STARCRAFT PROTOSS COMMENTARY ------------------------------------

Hello there all, my name is Kaelaris and I come to you today with a new youtube channel i'm trying to get kick started. I'm a diamond league player who is relatively new to playing SC at a higher level. I have played SC1 in the past as well as other Blizzard games but never really got around to taking Starcraft seriously until now.

Anyway if you want to drop by at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KaelarisStarcraft

-you are more than welcome! all constructive criticism is appreciated, both on my play and on my commentating. I do know i'm not the best of commentators yet but I shall get there in time!

Thanks a bunch for reading! I hope you stop by, view a few games and if you like what you see, make sure to subscribe!

Interview with Kaelaris - Caster of the Week:
http://www.sc2gg.com/

Twitter link:
http://www.twitter.com/mouzKaelaris

Twitch.tv links:
http://www.twitch.tv/mousesports
http://www.twitch.tv/KaelarisSC

If you have any replays you think are worth casting from a Protoss perspective please send them to Kaelarisstarcraft@hotmail.co.uk! Also any direct questions or requests you have can be sent there as well :D

/Kaelaris.
Edited by Kaelaris on 19/11/2011 11:40 GMT
Reply Quote
Nice channel, videos are enjoyable to watch. I shall subscribe and reccomend others to do the same for some extra replays ontop of the usual huskey ones etc.
Reply Quote
Well, lessee, I'm making notes here while watching the game against SibsNnibs

- Having idle probes (e.g. while building the pylon/GW at the start)
- Using CB on a nexus while it isn't producing probes
- Early forge (walling in is generally a bad idea, especially in the long run)
- You didn't scout him at all after your first probe, a single banshee could've easily ended the game
- Terrible, terrible amounts of stockpiled resources
- You basically handed him map control, it's hard to keep it against a MMM ball, but you didn't even try. You did a sentry, a couple of stalkers and that's pretty much it. He could've easily just expanded and taken the whole map
- Quickly teching for... mothership? What kind of build IS that?

I have no Idea how the hell the T managed to lose, but meh...

It's no wonder you're low diamond. No offense :p

I liked your voice though.

E: Addendum:
- It's hard to tell, but it looks like you have an excess of probes
- You should've positioned the sentry further back so it could have FF'd the ramp.
Edited by Lehmä on 16/08/2010 19:01 BST
Reply Quote
xD I do mention that I am still a learning player Lehmä, however let me address some of your concerns a little.

- Mothership rush was for a bit of a laugh, but managed to win anyway, so wasn't trying for any map control or legitimate strategy. Again, just a bit of fun.
- stockpiled resources during the mothership game was again, because I was focussing more on the mothership getting out asap. Granted I could have made more zealots etc with that or whatever.
- I did know he was going mass infantry during the match after sending a second probe scouting his barracks etc. nevertheless, the lack of scouting can be accounted for since, it was just a bit of fun.
- I'm low diamond because, I don't get much time to play due to real life obligations. I imagine I can go higher but to be honest, i've played around 5 games in diamond. I'll play more though since you asked so nicely :D

Nevertheless I do appreciate your in-put mate :D

Oh and thank you Yazuac! very much appreciated!

/Kaelaris.
Reply Quote
Well, I do hope it was for a bit of a laugh, since at this level ALL terrans will just steamroll you with a MMM ball while singing trololololololololololo at you (google for it) :D

I did learn something though, I've never gone for a fleet beacon in PvT and now that I think about it, a well placed vortex might just instawin the game for me.
Reply Quote
Yeah, was hoping to get some use out of Vortex but my opponent didn't stick around for long enough.

P.S. I love Trololo <3

EDIT: As soon as I get a PvT and the Terran is going for MMM, I'll upload it :D just to show i'm not a complete scrub.
Edited by Kaelaris on 16/08/2010 19:25 BST
Reply Quote
good luck , m8!
Reply Quote
good luck , m8!

<3 Thank you! I've actually been extremely happy with the response so far. collected 16 subscribers during the course of today. So if anyone on here is one of them, you are graciously welcomed and thanked a million times over!

/Kaelaris.
Reply Quote
Hi Kael,

Yay, another Englishman for a change!

Two things you need to watch out for IMO:

"I'd Imagine" and "as you can see" - both were peppered liberally throughout their respective videos. Once you'd cast them, did you watch them yourself, I wonder? That'll improve with practice though, I'm sure.

If you've the free time it might be worth grabbing a load of games off sc2replayed.com to cast, just to get the practice in. Plus with not knowing what's coming, you might get into the games a bit more.

I'll be watching with interest, anyway - hope it goes well for you!

Alie

Reply Quote
Hi Kael,

Yay, another Englishman for a change!

Two things you need to watch out for IMO:

"I'd Imagine" and "as you can see" - both were peppered liberally throughout their respective videos. Once you'd cast them, did you watch them yourself, I wonder? That'll improve with practice though, I'm sure.

If you've the free time it might be worth grabbing a load of games off sc2replayed.com to cast, just to get the practice in. Plus with not knowing what's coming, you might get into the games a bit more.

I'll be watching with interest, anyway - hope it goes well for you!

Alie

Haha, I did indeed watch the replays back however, being myself, I imagine (lol) I was unable to notice myself repeating these phrases. I have had a few friends point this out to me also so I apologise for being a parrot :D

Also I think it would be a great idea for me to cast some games from sc2replayed.com in order to get some practice and experience in. However I'm hoping to keep my channel specific to the games I play, much like PsYStarcraft does.

Thanks very much for taking an interest though mate.

P.S. Englishmen ftw! although I live in Finland currently so i'm a bit of a traitor :x
Edited by Kaelaris on 16/08/2010 21:58 BST
Reply Quote
nice videos man :)

the mothership rush... combine it with high templars for storms at the vortex when they come out and boom xD

i'm feeling like going toss, since i've played toss throughout most of my achievements anyway...

good to see a toss channel then xD
Reply Quote
Subbed :)
Reply Quote
Thank you very much Rocco and Josepi <3 you guys rock..o..

Terrible I know :D
Reply Quote
Sorry to say this, but if you consider that those games are of real Diamond league level, then that's unfortunate. Not saying that the games are terrible, but they are really weak.
Reply Quote
I say this is entertaining. Not fun watching the pros all the time, since they play so perfectly. I like seeing some screwups and weird tactics such as the AHH MOTHERLAND- er... ship... rush.

I'll be watching for more clips. ^^
Reply Quote
Sorry to say this, but if you consider that those games are of real Diamond league level, then that's unfortunate. Not saying that the games are terrible, but they are really weak.

Needless to say if you'd either read the comments above, or any of the descriptions in the videos - Not only did I say I was a learning player, but I also admitted several times that my play, or perhaps my opponents is not fantastically-amazingly-godlike.

Considering i'm in Diamond, and worked my way up to Diamond, and am playing in a Diamond league, against other Diamond players, common sense deduces that those are Diamond level games. Unless of course you're debating that snippet of reversed general ignorance. Maybe lower level Diamond, but Diamond nontheless.

EDIT - Man this is like IdrA rage, ashamed yo xD
Edited by Kaelaris on 17/08/2010 00:02 BST
Reply Quote
Great videos, I really enjoyed them. Its good that you pointed out your mistakes as it helps a lot with learning players. Maybe one thing to do though it give the details of the initial start instead of saying "the standard start" we still have a lot of players just joining the game and what is standard too you may not be obvious too them.

I dont know whats with the Nay sayers though its obviously a Diamond league game the guys playing Diamond league against another Diamond league players, I dont recall him claiming that he was playing against the top rated players in the league but it does go to show that mistakes can still happen in the top league and they are still human after all.
Reply Quote
Great videos, I really enjoyed them. Its good that you pointed out your mistakes as it helps a lot with learning players. Maybe one thing to do though it give the details of the initial start instead of saying "the standard start" we still have a lot of players just joining the game and what is standard too you may not be obvious too them.

I dont know whats with the Nay sayers though its obviously a Diamond league game the guys playing Diamond league against another Diamond league players, I dont recall him claiming that he was playing against the top rated players in the league but it does go to show that mistakes can still happen in the top league and they are still human after all.

You are really right there about me saying "the standard start", instead I should be saying things like "getting my gate at 11".. etc etc.. I will certainly try to incorporate that into my next video. Thanks for the feedback mate :D

Oh also, I've just uploaded a new game, and will be uploading another one very shortly (2 parter). The next video will a follow on from the most recent one, against terran and a useful way to counter siege tanks.

/Kaelaris.
Reply Quote
Thanks, I was looking for a Protoss channels, since I'm thinking of maining Protoss instead of Terran and need to learn their tricks! Subbed!
Reply Quote
;D gonna subscribe to you.

Fellow Englishmen ftw ;D

Once my new mic arrives in the post (behringer C-U1) I'll start commentating some of my games.

Probably in a weeks time. I usually play protoss, or just go random ;D

Scrimpton, char code 839 if You'd like to add me via battle.net.
would be nice to get some more cool guise on my friend list to play with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]