StarCraft® II

EU vs US

Incontrol, Idra and many others US pros have said it clearly. EU is better. Live with this fact or come to die on EU ladder ;). Then again Korean ladder is even better, thats why everyone goes to die on that ladder XD
Edited by BOMBERMAN on 06/02/2012 19:48 GMT
Reply Quote
EU has a lot more active pros on the ladder, and they are generally better than their NA counterparts. I don't think there's much difference in the lower leagues though.

Also, Stephano is clearly better than Idra. No question about it.
Reply Quote
EU has a lot more active pros on the ladder, and they are generally better than their NA counterparts. I don't think there's much difference in the lower leagues though.

I don't think that's so clear...I mean they are both very good, they have good days and bad days, the really really good players are just a few: Mvp, nestea, mma and maybe supernova...
Reply Quote

When was the last Stephano v Idra showmatch?
Reply Quote
When was the last time Idra beat a good player in a match that mattered?

Meanwhile I see Stephano win tournaments with top EU players like Thorzain without dropping a single map.
Reply Quote
When was the last time Idra beat a good player in a match that mattered?

Meanwhile I see Stephano win tournaments with top EU players like Thorzain without dropping a single map.

Hmm good point.
Reply Quote
i play on both.... they are both equally filled with mindnumbing bad players. EU might be slightly better, but BOTH realms are full of bad players.

and btw. just got promoted to master on EU...AGAIN
Edited by Zergmeister on 07/02/2012 00:18 GMT
Reply Quote
NA is way easier than EU.
Reply Quote
NA is quite easy, I play random there and I'm ranked higher with random there than with my main here.
Reply Quote
I´m playing both, although NA gets more attention since I started a clan. The clan exists on both sides, but NA seems to be easier to get off their butts to participate so I´ve focused there.

The skill level is about the same in my experience. EU is slightly better, but no by a whole league.

What lag is concerned, I have no problems with it, but then again, I´m on a 50/50 Mbit fiberoptics.

Go play both if you want to. It´s not a problem having both EU and NA clients installed at the same time, but make the shortcuts yourself to have on the Desktop and label them, which is which. Reinstalling both is a hazzle though, since you have to patch everything for both editions.
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 04:43Posted by Wrinklenator
IdrA is more famous and better than Stephano.

No!
Reply Quote
And the Korean server owns all the rest.
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 04:43Posted by Wrinklenator
US players aren't as good as europeans. Compare IdrA to Stephano, for example.

IdrA is more famous and better than Stephano.

Famous? yes..because he has a much longer history then Stephano, on an international level.

Better? I would say NO, because Stephano can play any style..and adapt extremely fast to anything..while idra does the same boring stuff over and over again, is acceptable only in late game, and doesn't adapt to his opponent..he uses the same style vs everyone.
Reply Quote
I've been playing a bit on the US servers now, and some people are wondering, if there is any difference between the ladders. The skill level is the same from bronze to diamond (I'm only platinum), but quite different play styles. I feel like European players are more aggressive, like dropping, doing small attacks here and there, and sometimes all-ins. American players are more relaxed, and are sitting back building up an army, getting upgrades and expanding.
But of course, the difference can apply to my ranking. Platinum here, and platinum there, playing both Zerg and Protoss.

What do you think, people who have an American account too?

1. Merge servers for custom maps multiplayer and/or create cross-server ladder.
2. ...
3. Profit.

Here, we will have an answer in no time.
Edited by OldEnt on 07/02/2012 11:44 GMT
Reply Quote
There is no skill difference until top masters, then EU > US.
Guess what answers you'd get asking this on the US forums.
Reply Quote
Considering that on US I was diamond before I reached Platinum on EU server says quite a lot.
Reply Quote
Grubby was once asked if Korean or EU or any ladder is the hardest. His response was relatively simple and I think hard to argue with since he is a professional player and has played on EU, NA, Korean and probably more servers. He said, that he did not encounter a significantly different skilllevel, although of course on the Korean servers more professional players play full-time while many EU and NA pros are students or sth else beside being a progamer. The main difference he noticed was the playstyle. In Korea he said most players were more aggressive and often played fast pushes and early aggression strategies which therefore were more refined and often more micro oriented than on the other servers. He stated that he did not have to play much better than he had to on EU or NA but he just had to adapt to the general playstyle so in his experience that is the main difference between the servers. Of course this only applies to Mid-High Masters up to Grandmaster so I'm not sure about the skilllevel below that border.
Reply Quote
There is no skill difference until top masters, then EU > US.
Guess what answers you'd get asking this on the US forums.

Honestly the same, theyr perfectly aware of how crud they are. They mock SEA to make themselves look good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]