StarCraft® II

Achievements and portraits are not working...AGAIN!

(Locked)

Achievements are now disabled till further notice.
This is really frustrating for people who have set some time aside to make some achievement progress. Either scrap them or make them work.
Ya mine too and you owe me some achievements i did the Tosh mission and i got his portrait and Dr.Hanson and when i finished the story with Zeratul i dident get anything afther 44 minuts on the last mission i disconnected before finishing and dident get a thing :|

For exaple Team Fortress 2 - the game is awesome but in case something fails with the achievement system on the side of steam, i can't play the let's say Spy as i would like too because all my gathered items are on the Server.

But the Achievement System of Battle.net takes it a bit further because of the permanent connection you need.

This situation sucks but frankly you contradict yourself there because TF 2 alters the entire gameplay if the achievement servers are down or have issues and the same, it's a permanently online game (offline is garbage because there is no offline you just have bots, no campaign or something like that), on the other hand B.net doesn't take it further at all, in fact it's almost irrelevant if you don't care about achievements, you have the 100% same game with no missing content, singleplayer works without problems, multiplayer, the same, just no achievements.

Hopefully this won't happen again but who knows...still it's not like you can't play your games.

P.S For the guys saying that they'd calm down if a blue post would tell them that they're aware of the problem and are looking into it...do you guys actually read these threads or you just post for the sake of posting? Krinskal already made such a post, they're obviously aware of the problems since it's not just EU.
Edited by TormentorD on 24/08/2010 12:48 BST
Just got a message said "The Achievments have now been restored" and quickly checked achi and portrait, still not working : /

Message? I did not get anything. Where...you mean in sc2 menu?

I don't think that battlenet is a bad thing. But when something goes wrong, they should fix it faster.
Edited by zergfan on 24/08/2010 12:52 BST
yep, same here. and the bad part is that some of us play for achivements and with that system down....

i agree completely, i mostly only pla ythis game for achievments, and the fact that they are down is really annoying
*Rolls Along and Brought his Pie Stand*

*cry's about the System*

*starts handing out PIE!!*

Free Pie will save this Community!
According to my website profile I just got an achievement I just did.
so it seems that everything is okay and working, you just can't see it for some reason in-game, so stop hating please, no one will benefit from it.

I still would like to see an official thread about the issue though.

For exaple Team Fortress 2 - the game is awesome but in case something fails with the achievement system on the side of steam, i can't play the let's say Spy as i would like too because all my gathered items are on the Server.

But the Achievement System of Battle.net takes it a bit further because of the permanent connection you need.

This situation sucks but frankly you contradict yourself there because TF 2 alters the entire gameplay if the achievement servers are down or have issues and the same, it's a permanently online game (offline is garbage because there is no offline you just have bots, no campaign or something like that), on the other hand B.net doesn't take it further at all, in fact it's almost irrelevant if you don't care about achievements, you have the 100% same game with no missing content, singleplayer works without problems, multiplayer, the same, just no achievements.

Hopefully this won't happen again but who knows...still it's not like you can't play your games.

P.S For the guys saying that they'd calm down if a blue post would tell them that they're aware of the problem and are looking into it...do you guys actually read these threads or you just post for the sake of posting? Krinskal already made such a post, they're obviously aware of the problems since it's not just EU.

TF2 was, of course, only an example for other games. Yes, it is an online only game but still, achievements on the steam servers, they are down and you cant really play the game because items are imo very important there.

but back to sc2.
yes, i am able to play the game online aswell as offline but the thing is, in case you care at least a little little tiny bit about achievements it makes you insane to think you are actually now playing and making progress but it will not be saved.
thats the thing that kind of sucks and my thoughts here are that with an offline storage or a possibility to get them afterwards and not "loosing" them it would be more fun :)
Edited by Bisi on 24/08/2010 12:58 BST
Guys, I have got your same problem today.
I just won a game but the game didn't gave me the achievement then I checked my profile here on battle.net and here I can see the achievement.
So don't worry! You can play and get your achievements despite the game don't show you them.

GL HF

p.s. I apologize for my English and for mistakes but this is not my mother tongue :-P
Edited by Mikyza on 24/08/2010 13:00 BST
It's not that it's not a great game...
I LOVE this game by everything it stands for, BUT seeing how often this happens does make me kinda nervous...
Granted I might be a bit odd cause im playing alot just tog et the damn portraits.... If they can't be seen alot of the motivation kinda goes away :p
Same problem here, can't see achievements, stats and portait in game.
Just asking, I see the achievements don't work like everyone is saying here, does that go for 'online' and 'offline' (single player) achievements? - Yes I know it's online all the time, but I was just wondering this.
It seems like the achievements have been offline since 10 hours or something (first post here) or am I wrong? And I did get achievements while I was playing the campaign like 2 hours ago.

Thanks for any answers.
Got the same problem. Started last night around 3 A.M. (couldn't sleep), I was dropped two times during 3v3, after that both achievements and portrait gone. They both still aren't back yet. Achievements register though on battlenet.
Will not be tolerated*, WTB a comment on the issue instead? :/

Thank you ;)

With regards to the issue, our Network Team is actively looking into it. Unfortunately I am currently unable to provide you with an official ETA. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Finally!!! thank you, you guys in customer service gotta start to understand that gamers only want some respect and that sentence goes a long way to keep people happy knowing that you are indeed aware of the problem and working on it. by showing respect you get respect, as of now i'm patiently awaiting for the resolution of this problem and thanking you gents for your work. Might i sugested you have a bigger problem lurking on the database that needs a propper report? Its the second time this week, and with Diablo III on the way this might be a bigger problem since both will use battlenet...
Edited by DKPortela on 24/08/2010 13:16 BST
here is the problem!!!

http://photos5.flickr.com/10508073_1c27ed0afd_o.jpg

please blizz u need change yours servers NOW!!!

:P
I earned a achievement just now, although it did not appear in game i checked on battle.net account page and it is listed as a recent achievement even though my game didn't say i earnt it
BLIZZARD, please, when you fix this (I have no doubts that you will), please, don't just lock this thread, but explain what was causing the issue, how did you get it to work again and why it could/shouldn't occur again.

The main thing that annoys people here (including me) is the lack of information.

Thanks.
This is starting to take the piss...
Edited by Silencius on 24/08/2010 15:51 BST
I cant get general warfield portrait because "Piercieng the shroud" mission I am missing can anyone please help?Is that also the problem of achievements or is it my problem??
I cant get general warfield portrait because "Piercieng the shroud" mission I am missing can anyone please help?Is that also the problem of achievements or is it my problem??

Its a secret mission you have to find it. It is not the current problem of this thread.
Edited by DKPortela on 24/08/2010 13:28 BST
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]