Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
The problem (beauty to some) with FFA? Dying to a rush from several people. Or when you kill off 2 opponents and then some turtling void ray guy finishes you.
So I was thinking about “Dawn of War“ style control points. For anyone who’s not familiar with the idea:
• Xelnaga’s on any melee map would act as control points.
• Controlling a point would generate some additional resources every second for a given player.
• When a player controls more than 50% of all points, a timer starts counting down.
• Game is over when the time runs out.
Players still would able to just kill each other, but now there’s incentive to move out and get advantage or punish turtling.
Of course there would be balance questions:
• Should XN’s still give vision?
• How much resources should they give?
• What about building defenses around them?
• How much time should the countdown have?
• Should the timer for a player reset every time it is stopped?
The beauty of this „mod“ is that it could be adaptable to any melee map to be made into a custom. Like monobattles. I wrote this because I don’t know jack about map editor. It’s just an idea for someone else.
Edited by Minerva on 13/08/2012 17:27 BST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.