StarCraft® II

Your Starcraft II Installation is Damaged

I have recently tried to reinstall Starcraft II, in preparation for HotS. The client downloads and patches fine, and when I click Play the screen goes black as if to bring up the StarcraftII screen. However, it then cuts back to the desktop with the message 'Your Starcraft II Installation is Damaged'. I have the options to 'Reopen' or exit. Reopening just repeats the issue. There is no explanation as to what might be damaged.

I have tried deleting all my Starcraft files and redownloading the client, but this has not resolved the issue.

I am running Windows 7 (64bit). My computer hardware is the same as it was when I last played Starcraft II, and it worked OK then.

I am installing from the downloaded client as my CD drive does not work.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.
Reply Quote
Hello,

Your thread has been randomly picked for an answer (mostly cause you asked nicely)

There are several thing you can try

1) Blame blizzard for removing the repair tool (seriously blizz, your launcher ain't gonna solve anything, let us be able to run the damned thing manually -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_safety )

2) Defragment and error check your entire hard disk drive (right click each partition>properties>tools>defragment and error check is there). Note that error checking needs to be done before windows boots, so you need to schedule it.

3) you can try installing the game at a friend's computer and then copy paste it onto yours

4) take a look at this
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4211002055
Edited by Moonshadow on 27/09/2012 23:18 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]