StarCraft® II

Missed the Art Tools Beta signups?

Development Team
We're still fixing bugs and fleshing out the tutorials for our StarCraft II Art Tools en route to an eventual full public release, but in the meantime the beta test continues and we would love to get more eyes on the tools.

If you missed the original signups, but have 3ds Max 2011 and would like to participate, please reply in this thread.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Development Team
Khelor, BLOCKHEAD and Likkan have been invited based on interest expressed in their posts in other threads.
Reply Quote
Ive got no experience with this 3d Max 2011 tool sorry so dont think im qualified.
Reply Quote
Hey I've got StarCraft II HotS Collector's Edition and Autodesk 3DS Max Studio 2012. I'm a bit experienced with modelling and I'd like to use Art Tools if possible.
Reply Quote
I would like to participate to the beta too. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Worth giving it a shot.
It wouldn't matter having 3ds max 2012 instead, right ?
Reply Quote
Hey! I'm interested in joining. I've been taking some online classes on 3D modeling with 3DS Max, and it would be a lot of fun to try it out in a gaming engine such as this!
Reply Quote
Development Team
Everybody above this post has been invited. Those of you who said you have Max 2012 will need access to Max 2011 to participate. GLHF!!
Reply Quote
I'm really excited. What a big power on my hands muahahaha :)
I've been waiting for this since I first knew of the Art Tools. One little question: is it known where will be released to the public?
Reply Quote
I would like to participate too. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Development Team
You're in, Narada - enjoy!
Reply Quote
Development Team
I've been waiting for this since I first knew of the Art Tools. One little question: is it known where will be released to the public?

We're finalizing the Art Tools documentation now in preparation for a full release - more info will go out when the release is imminent.

In the meantime, we're still really benefiting from all of the great Beta Tester feedback you guys have been giving, so please keep it coming!
Reply Quote
Everybody above this post has been invited. Those of you who said you have Max 2012 will need access to Max 2011 to participate. GLHF!!

I'm guessing the final version doesn't require 2011. There's a 2014 version already and it seems annoying that people with a higher version would have to also get a lower version.
Reply Quote
Development Team
I'm guessing the final version doesn't require 2011. There's a 2014 version already and it seems annoying that people with a higher version would have to also get a lower version.

Hi LanceDH,

The version of StarCraft II Art Tools we'll put out initially is for 3ds Max 2011, as that is the version that SC2 development has taken place on through Heart of the Swarm and is the verified stable version of both Max and our tools. In time, we will move the development team to newer versions of Max and ultimately we'll roll the public tools forward as well, but we will likely never offer support for the current Max version since even we don't work in the latest versions for stability purposes.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I would like to participate too. Thank you :)
Reply Quote
Hello.I would like to participate to the beta too. Thank you.
Reply Quote
I would like to participate too. I am especially interested by the modification of physics body. I have 3ds Max 2011.

Reply Quote
я бы принял участие очень хорошо работаю с 3ds max имею очень большой опыт работы моделированием и анимацией
Edited by DENISishe on 08/06/2013 13:30 BST
Reply Quote
I would like to test this new tool to play with a little :) i have 3ds max 2011 and 2013 also.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]