StarCraft® II

Marine Arena News

hi all
in case u are wondering im the map owner for the EU servers
Crayon is the original maker of the map and he is in the US servers
also i want to credit FuglyPump for massive help with triggers systems.

im happy to see that we past all the popularity bugs and finally people playing the right version.
i would like to hear from you about what you want to see in future versions
what heroes would u like to have, units, mercs and basicly any idea you have.

some of the latest updates:
-Zoom out distence increase - use your mouse wheel
-Night and day shifts
-Fellhound models from WoW for the Cracklings
-Global Leadderboard

things that will be added shortly:
-New Units shop where u can buy units like: seige tanks, motherships, healers etc.
-Spectere Hero
-Flying Hero
-Selecet all units on screen button
Reply Quote
I personaly would like to be able to pick my own hero.
Reply Quote
A question: Has that global ladderboard started collecting data when it was implemented, cause I have played many many games before it, never played the map while the popularity system was broken, and now when I played it, I noticed my stats are zero?

Another question: Will the EU version of the map always be up-to-date considering the US one?
Edited by Dreed on 25/10/2010 15:22 BST
Reply Quote
the global ladderboard stats are from when it was implented.. couldnt do it otherway..

and yes it will be up to date altough it will always be a little behind the us one
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
A number of upgrades cost huge amounts of gas, like 100+, this cant be intended.

Also heros are completely useless, nobody uses them.
Reply Quote
A number of upgrades cost huge amounts of gas, like 100+, this cant be intended.

No, Dark Templar deployed against a constantly pressured opponent will do wonders if he has used all his scan energy. Also, if u get Odin or Archon, its pretty much gg...
Reply Quote
Yes it is gg if you waste money on odin because you have lost. The thing costs like 2k to revive and you have no upgrades because you slowly saved 4k to make it in the first place while other players upgraded and farmed your weak units and can now stim odin down in 4s. Also all your regular units do at this point is feed and attempt to tank.

The thing gives a huge bounty too so if you dare leave base with it everyone charges out and surrounds you for the cash, it gives more than that ultralisk in the middle used to give.
Edited by Psychosis on 29/10/2010 21:06 BST
Reply Quote
Thank you for uploading this to the EU server,
If you have any suggestions, Were can you put it since I cant reply on us.battlenet
Reply Quote

Archon owns ass i always get one :D

1 + 1 = 1 :D
Reply Quote
as fot the things that costs gas its becuse they are not ready yet

the bounty for the odin will be decreased soon :)
i know the odin hero needs more balancing, im working on it.

new heroes and mercs soon

this post is the place for suggestions, tips, bug report and so on
so pls post
Reply Quote
Archon owns ass i always get one :D

1 + 1 = 1 :D

Something doesn't own if you're better off not making it. Upgrading mercs/marines > archon
Reply Quote
The map is popular and fun to play but compared to the US ver it's in a pretty pitiful state, there's a huge amount of bugs that have been around for months even though they should only take a few minutes to fix. Heroes are bugged useless (infester) or unatainable (spectre), and some center upgrades don't work.

What's stopping you using crayon's current map, then just adding in the european-only content such as the Odin?
Reply Quote
MMM ball is OP the only way to beet it is with a bigger MMM ball.... ¬_¬ or an odin or archon at sudden death.
Reply Quote
It says archon is the ultimate weapon, but i did a 1v1 with archon , odin wins!
Reply Quote
The map is popular and fun to play but compared to the US ver it's in a pretty pitiful state, there's a huge amount of bugs that have been around for months even though they should only take a few minutes to fix. Heroes are bugged useless (infester) or unatainable (spectre), and some center upgrades don't work.

What's stopping you using crayon's current map, then just adding in the european-only content such as the Odin?

u say it so easy so why wont u help? im only 1 guy working on it as a hobby and im not gona dedicate my life to this map you know... got to work and such.. ;)
anyway any help would be most welcome
Edited by Kiwa on 02/11/2010 17:14 GMT
Reply Quote
I would like to see the beetle splash damage removed, because they are meant to go in melee yet they damage themselfs with the splash that the back row of beetle's do.

The hydralisk hero, when it attacks a enemy thats close by (ranged or melee) does cleave on himself, I don't know if thats a bug but i would like that see changed.

Thank you for your effort and time
Reply Quote
hey Kiwa... i wonder.... Why did you give Odin the "Super Nova" (or something).

IMO it looks so Weird on Odin Yet OP In SD (odin is a bit cheap for that use of kind of spell
and yes i know it kills him half of the HP but... you can still cover it well its running away...)

i have a lil Suggestion for that spell...

MOVE it to the Archon Then Archon well become The ultimate weapon...

also... keep up the good work! ;)
Edited by Antlion on 02/11/2010 22:55 GMT
Reply Quote
thank you for the reports and suggestions :)

ill check all mercs\heroes attacks, seems they all damage themself..
the odin ability super nova will be removed soon.
Reply Quote
Odin by no stretch of the imagination is overpowered. In reality is hes pretty useless and 4k is not abit cheap for that kind of spell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]