StarCraft® II

Can't authenticate EnGB Client download

Hi!

So, after discovering that the SC II DVD isn't multilangual, and wanting to play in the original language, I decided to download the English client. However, at some point during the download, I received the following error message:

---------------------------
Error
There was a problem authenticating your download. Please go to http://www.blizzard.com/account/ to start a new download.
OK

After trying a new download, same problem. I'm on Windows 7. Any help?
Reply Quote
same problem here.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hello,

Could you please try in Safe Mode with Networking?
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/19393

Please ensure your computer is connecting through an Ethernet adapter.
Reply Quote
My brother has this exact same issue, and Safe mode with networking didn't work.

He bought the digital download early this morning and reported the issue to technical support and account management.
2 hours later i bought the digital download, and i could install and play fine. Our computers is almost similar(except i have Windows 7 and he has Windows Vista)

We are connected to the same switch, so it's not a network issue.

Reply Quote
I have exactly the same problem (Windows 7) and restarting the computer in Safe Mode with Networking doesn't work, still says I'm not authorized to download it.

A friend of mine with the same problem had the good sense of preloading the English client

yesterday and just had to give his game key to install it easily.

I just can't play the game in Spanish, English is a must for me in gaming.

I hope you can help us quickly, thank you.

PS: I gave my brother and invite pass to Starcraft 2, he's on windows Vista, and he has the same problem.
Edited by Heavens on 27/07/2010 18:17 BST
Reply Quote
Same problem here. Translation is really flawed and I don't want to start the campaign in German.
And why the hell does this error message occur after I've been downloading for hours?
Reply Quote
Same. I can't use P2P it slows my download horribly. So I switched to the 'normal' download mode, spend countless hours (more than 5) to download the client and at 7.04gb/7.08gb I get the annoying message that the download can't be authenticated.
This is really annoying. I'm ordering my games in UK again...
Oh and this occured on XP32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit alike both connected through the ethernet adapter.
I'll try the safe mode thing overnight but right now I'm pretty pissed.
Reply Quote
got exactly the same problem here. just bought the game from digital when i tryed to download the eu client i downloaded normally but when its about to install the game the error pops up :S
Reply Quote
My brother "solved" his issue by installing from the files i downloaded and it worked fine then.
Better hope that someone will seed their installer files on a torrent site instead of relying on Blizzard.....
Reply Quote
solved the problem what i used was firefox i switched to internet explore now it begins to patch well lets hope it will patch all the way :D
Reply Quote
Did that and it worked. Though I think it has more to do with re-authenticating and re-downloading the downloader-app than with Firefox (in my case Opera) vs IE
Reply Quote
Had the same here, bought physical copy, installed, added to the account, but could authenticate to start the game, after see another thread, you just need to change your password, as many as needed. some works at first, some second, keep trying ...
now I'm gonna play, excuse me :)

Mac OS 10.6
Edited by Grimmac on 27/07/2010 21:51 BST
Reply Quote
I am on Firefox but using IE didn't do anything for me, still won't let me download it.

I'm holding on the campaign till i can get my hands on an English client. Its hard, real hard ^^.

Any other way / place to download this? Pretty please?

By the way does the fact the game is already installed on my computer make the client not allowed to be downloaded? (can't see why it would do that but you never know)
Edited by Heavens on 28/07/2010 02:34 BST
Reply Quote
Stuck at 47% with download and getting the same error.
Reply Quote
I'm using windows 7 Ult x64, had the same issue, fixed when created new windows user and downloaded the game using that user.
Reply Quote
Ok so where is the downloader data stored? Registry? Some file? I'm not going to create a new user just to continue downloading.

I'd like to start a new download and then copy over data from my old download folder to continue from where I finished.
Reply Quote
I got that error several times during the download, I kept re-downloading the downloader and resuming the download, it was an awful experience and took me several days to finish the download, but here I'm.
Reply Quote
Update from my side (win 7 64bit):

First attempt to download in safe mode with networking failed at 600mb - the download just stopped

Seccond attempt in safe mode with networking was a success. Download finished over night, seemingly without any problems.

Had to remove the original DVD from the drive before installing.

I don't know if it was a coincidence but safe mode worked for me. Maybe you should add a note to the download to prevent other poor souls downloading 99% in vain and redirect them to the safe-mode from the very start.
Reply Quote
Bump. Still waiting, I'm not going to start downloading from scratch only to find out that it bugs out again. Any support from Blizzard on this?
Reply Quote
Ok so where is the downloader data stored? Registry? Some file? I'm not going to create a new user just to continue downloading.

I'd like to start a new download and then copy over data from my old download folder to continue from where I finished.

I tried that and it's not working. Either way it seems you have to start from the begining. The downloader data is stored in the registry as usual. If you have no other blizzard games installed, just kill the registry entries, delete all the files and start a new download in safe-mode with networking (in case you didn't do that before). It seems weird but the safe-mode-thing did the trick for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]